My world does not end with these four walls. Slough's a big place... you know, and when I'm finished with Slough...

My world does not end with these four walls. Slough's a big place... you know, and when I'm finished with Slough, there's Reading, Aldershot, Bracknell. You know, I've got – Didcot, Yateley. You know... my- Winnersh... Taplow. You know, because I am my own boss, I can- Burghfield...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xLxHtBt2jtU
youtube.com/watch?v=seJt1wTVoh0
youtube.com/watch?v=2THODznVOt8
youtube.com/watch?v=0Kvw2BPKjz0
youtube.com/watch?v=mSmnGGCf3-4
youtu.be/XZMqOMtl5C0?t=51
youtube.com/watch?v=Cir05JyEsV0
youtube.com/watch?v=sastUCRkC_g&t=11s
youtube.com/watch?v=FLhEfym7wXc
youtube.com/watch?v=6Qfsb6y-SUo
youtube.com/watch?v=_uQ019iAcQM
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-402057/Gervais-fails-funny-Microsoft-training-videos.html
adweek.com/creativity/ricky-gervais-and-stephen-merchants-microsoft-training-videos-11644/
imdb.com/title/tt0290978/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Enjoyed the thread yesterday but not sure if I have anything further to contribute.

>They throw your shoes over the building when you beat them at trivia
>Americans think a guy staring at the camera after someone says something retarded is better

>British "humour"

People see me, and they see the suit, and they go: "you're not fooling anyone", they know I'm rock and roll through and through. But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know. And if there's one other person who's influenced me in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who does that to the system, then, it's Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say "that's what I think of your selection policy, yes I've hit the odd copper, yes I've enjoyed the old dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to John O'Groats for some spastics."

Slough is unironically the worst place I ever been in.

Link?

>American """""humour"""""
>something normal happens but it's funny because it's supposed to be funny
>someone states a fact but it's funny because it's supposed to be funny
>something funny happens and you are reminded for 10 minutes straight how funny that thing was

don't make me redundant... please... I don- I've changed my mind, I don't want redundancy, I don't want that, I haven't signed anything so... no okay then alright well I'm asking okay? *please* don't make me redundant... you can- you can talk to someone Jenny

>the wheels are already in motion

yeah well stop them

>David we're not going to discuss this

No, but just say that it's not definite now, before you go and we can... I will try twice as hard and I will be complacent and I will turn this place around if we just say that it's not definite now.. and you're not going until, and we can- starting from now- starting from now
pure kino

SCREAMING WITH LAUGHTER

youtube.com/watch?v=xLxHtBt2jtU

Seriously though what the hell, mediocre acting for most of the series then that out of fucking nowhere.

JAAJAJAJAJAJAJA LE RANDOM!!11

>mediocre acting

2 seasons of contempt undone in a single moment

>mediocre acting for m

Just because British acting requires understatement and calm instead of American style overacting and shrieking doesn't mean it is mediocre.

>What is the single most important thing for a company? Is it the building? Is it the stock? Is it the turnover? It's the people, investment in people. My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No. It was a young Greek guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went 'Mr Brent, will you be the Godfather to my child?' Didn't happen in the end. We had to let him go, he was rubbish. He was rubbish.

>have a laugh, sure. But don't make the mistake of the laughter of HATE.

>Live fast, die young? Live fast, sure - live too bloody fast sometimes. But die young? Not my way. Die old. Unorthodox, sue me.

>Let's stop degrading women, shall we please. Let's have a laugh with them, not at them. Have a laugh at work, with women, at us.

youtube.com/watch?v=seJt1wTVoh0

Get Out!

thanks OP for reminding me its been enough time between watches that i can enjoy this again

one of the only shows that triggers some kind of emotional response from me cause it saw it and liked it before i became numb

>the british version is superi-
youtube.com/watch?v=2THODznVOt8

Even though Ricky Gervais has become (and probably always was) a hack in recent years The British Office is the absolute GOAT TV comedy ever made.

Also if you disagree you don't know anything about tv.

Reminder Ricky is the most successful person to ever live to ONLY hold a Bachelors in Philosophy

AHAHAHHAHAHAHA

PARKOUR XD
youtube.com/watch?v=0Kvw2BPKjz0

bit too subtle for my taste thanks i need something more on the nose

kek, do Americans really think this shit is realistic and documentary-like as long as the camera shakes a bit?

What is the single most important thing for a company? Is it the building? Is it the stock? Is it the turnover? It's the people, investment in people. My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No. It was a young Greek guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went 'Mr Brent, will you be the Godfather to my child?' Didn't happen in the end. We had to let him go, he was rubbish. He was rubbish.

A great way to establish yourself as a true patrician of the arts is by name-calling, responding to yourself, and screaming that anyone who disagrees with you is a pleb.

>when i post before reading

Teehee

A great way to establish yourself as an idiot is by ignoring what i said and not agreeing with me. What i said wasn't an opinion it's a fact, e.g. not subjective.

There is no better tv comedy than The Office, and if you don't see that then you are an idiot.

Now fuck off before I make you look like even more of an idiot.

One of my biggest peeves of the whole American "mocumentary" style sit-coms is that they always have camera angles where the cameras would see each other. Or they have 4 or 5 different angles going on at the same time, when realistically you'd have 2 camera crews there at most.

Jesus christ who the fuck cares. Imagine how shit it would look if you could always see multiple camera guys in the background. Fucking autistic piece of shit I swear to God.

this

you totally forget the US version is supposed to be a documentary until that ham fisted subplot where Pam almost fucks the boom mic guy

whereas in the UK version you were always aware that this was supposed to be a documentary

this is one of the GOAT moments

youtube.com/watch?v=mSmnGGCf3-4

This is a completely separate entity
UK office is GOAT, this movie sucks

Although the hotel room scene was ok and wouldn't have been too out of place in the original series

Stop

Fucking

Reddit

Spacing

Shitdick

agggaaahaha AMERICANS ARE SO FUCKING DUMB

You're lucky your currency is strong so you can pay migrants to create the brain drain because you cunts are fucking garbage

The new songs were great, but the movie sucked. Many of the scenes were fake like the american office, for example when they filmed the live performances and people in the audience shook their head and so on.

But when the snow is released on "don't cry, it's christmas" is a GOAT moment

>Reddit spacing

what the fuck are you on about

There are some funny scenes but I agree, this movie is so forced. Ricky should have keep the character in retirement like he always promised he would. He can't even remember how to play Brent and just spend most of the movie spamming the "nervous giggle" and ignores the rest of the speech pattern.

This

Thing

Right

Here

It would look... what's that word? REALISTIC, you fucking pleb.

hmm you seem to know a lot about Reddit

I just like my posts to be readable

That wheezing laugh he does throughout was so annoying. He overuses it so much and I can't even recall Brent doing it at all in the show.

It's so clear that Gervais doesn't understand what made the office and Brent so great anymore

He also rely too much on sex jokes now.
Same can be seen in derek s02, wasn't Smerch involved in s01 and left for s02?

How is it difficult to read normal posts? Seems to me the problem is that you are incapable of proper punctuation and use of capital letters. For example, why did you start another paragraph mid sentence in your post there? And where's your comma, and why did you start your sentence with a lower case letter?

>There is no better tv comedy than The Office

That's kind of funny considering there aren't any jokes

>insecure eurotard bring up America because of his massive inferiority complex

Parks and Rec is a huge culprit of this. It allows them to be lazy with their writing and use the mockumentary format when it suits them.

He never said anything about being from europe, sounds like you have a persecution complex as well as an inferiority complex mate.

Steven Merchant was the reason he was successful. And all he had to do in the original Office was follow the script (written by Smerch) and do the Brent mannerisms.

Though I don't know how bad he is in the movie, but it might just be that it isnt as good because the writing is all Gervais.

No one said anything about America either, didn't stop him from sperging out. Glad my comment upset you enough to respond for him, stay mad third worlder.

>seppo cunts lecturing Dad

Fuck up pooftas

Most of the humour in the show doesn't come from traditional jokes. There are still plenty of examples of it though, like so
youtu.be/XZMqOMtl5C0?t=51

You got mad at the first reply in the thread just because someone implied something bad about your country, you're just as much of a sperg. I replied for him because I fucking hate yanks and the only reason they come into Office UK threads is to insist that their shit version of the show is anything above garbage, let alone actually better than the original.

it must be hard being such a thin skinned autist

>Americans think a guy staring at the camera after someone says something retarded is better
Tim did this in the original.

Way to completely destroy the grounded reality of The Office。

>that projection

I enjoy the English office more, I just like calling out inferiority complex when i see it. There was no reason to make it a pissing match between English or US office, but insecure anons like yourself can't help themselves.

>he went home to get it
The GOAT ep

This has no doubt been said countless times, but it's pretty fucking incredible just how much Gervais embodies the worst characteristics of Brent. He is such a fucking pretentious piece of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cir05JyEsV0
youtube.com/watch?v=sastUCRkC_g&t=11s
Post more Office clips, enough with the fighting over which is better.

Lets all just agree that the Office US is a good but bland sitcom and that the Office UK is one of the best sitcoms of the 21st century (if not the best) and has the best handling of relationships and pathos in a comedy to date.

I like the US Office personally, it's a great parody of the original.

Agreed

I WILL NOT have her tunnel bandied around this office Willy. Nilly.

Embarrassing. I'm glad I dropped this after the 2nd season

Look at you, you're a disgrace

or something like that when hes talking to a drunk woman

Yet vulnerable too. If he was just purely annoying the show wouldn't work.

Did the UK Office came out of nowhere? Are there any similar shows that came before?

you should try it on.

That's immersion breaking, surely Tim wouldn't know we didn't already know that.
t. American?

would have been more likely Brent has an office guitar (for emergencies)

>Office UK is one of the best sitcoms
Not really a sitcom though. Just a drama with some comedy.

Brent and Googlefreak got paid by Microsoft to make a comedy instruction video for like Windows 98 or something

And then it was really funny cause they were making fun of Managers/nerds, and they just decided to make a pilot after it got really well received

yeah but they probably filmed when he went to get it, Tim couldn't know if that would be cut or not

youtube.com/watch?v=FLhEfym7wXc

you can tell this is genuine laughter from Gervais

Trailer Park Boys started around the same time but there weren't any mockumentaries that dealt with mundane, day to day life without anything fantastic or wacky happening.

That's what made the UK office so good; nothing that happened in it is hard to believe would happen in some office in a shithole like slough. That's the main thing that the US version got wrong and unfortunately it's the main thing that makes the original GOAT

>nothing that happened in it is hard to believe would happen in some office in a shithole like slough

I think what made the Office so popular was because everyone knew a Brent

every office I've worked in has had "characters" similar to those seen in the office, that's why I love it so much

I love how Finchy is built up to be this great, funny guy by Brent for ages and when he turns up he's just some copy and paste lecherous knobhead

Sure that was before?
They did a GOAT show where Gervais plays a Bowie wannabe though, and a sort of pilot in -98

you're getting your timelines all mixed up

the Office came before the Microsoft thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Qfsb6y-SUo

>Try it on properly, without the stuff underneath

Underrated scene

>tfw you live in Winnersh

Never thought I would see it mentioned on Sup Forums

There was a police show called Operation Good Guys that was done in the same mockumentary style. It was more conventional comedy though.

No that video was commissioned and they realised how funny it was and made a pilot for BBC

Who says famine has to be depressing?!

Thought so. Here's that Bowie episode. That was before, and kind of similar
youtube.com/watch?v=_uQ019iAcQM

no, you're a fucking idiot

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-402057/Gervais-fails-funny-Microsoft-training-videos.html

>t. Swindon lot

They're there to film the office. Not the goings on that happen outside the office. Only time they leave that setting, if I remember, is the office quiz night thing they have.

i dont give a fuck i remember merchant saying in an interview thats how it happened and if i find the source youll look like a right cunt

adweek.com/creativity/ricky-gervais-and-stephen-merchants-microsoft-training-videos-11644/

>Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant filmed a handful of videos in 2004 as training materials for Microsoft’s U.K. employees, with Gervais hilariously reprising his role as David Brent from The Office. A must-watch.

imdb.com/title/tt0290978/

>The Office
>2001-2003

HURRRR

fucking mug, now who looks the cunt, absolute fucking specimen

Are you fucking autistic? There's a cut where Brent goes from not having a guitar to having one, how would Tim know they were going to cut there?

>have you all met this little lady here

I went your swindon lot are little slugs little slugs with no personality and you're just jealous that we're better at everything than you

I tell you what, and on a serious not if it did kick off - get out - I don't want you lot getting hurt it's not worth it

>I'd step in if you want

nah this'd be big boy shit mate, but cheers