/who/ Doctor Who General

Cyberfriend edition
Last time: Who is 12's best companion?
strawpoll.me/12958946
What did /who/ think of 'Oxygen'?
strawpoll.me/12958431

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwhoworldwide.com/billie-pipers-rose-to-be-reunited-with-tenth-doctor-for-new-big-finish-series-46640/
youtube.com/watch?v=mY9NZZONWgg
bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---the-tenth-doctor
w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/322717395?secret_token=s-q3olV&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true"></iframe
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-eleventh-doctor-chronicles-1630?range=125
imdb.com/search/name?gender=female&start=1
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/How_do_I_get_into_Big_Finish?
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-ninth-doctor-chronicles-1628?range=124
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If Doctor Who was a cistern block, he'd be Doctor Bloo.

Reminder that Based Dorney will save 10/Rose.

>Life is truly worth living again

Reminder that 10/Rose is back
doctorwhoworldwide.com/billie-pipers-rose-to-be-reunited-with-tenth-doctor-for-new-big-finish-series-46640/

>10/Rose
Shit
>Ice Warriors and Jackie
Even shitter
>Matt Fitton, John Dorsey and Guy Adams
Confirmed shitter than RTD era

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

5:15

15 Minutes to go

Comfy interview with matt lucas
youtube.com/watch?v=mY9NZZONWgg

Leaked picture of the Veritas
Who here has read this and how did you survive?

It's officially confirmed on the BF Facebook page. Fucking bless, I love this big gay earth.

Will he wear his wig while recording?

bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---the-tenth-doctor

TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER

w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/322717395?secret_token=s-q3olV&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true"></iframe

2:25 Sadole

>that link

>You can hear the Tennant face

BASED NICK BRIGGS

Shearman, fuck your writer's block and make an audio for Ten.

Holy shit did the Big Finish website fucking crash for a minute from all the traffic

Is it me or is Piper not doing a very good job of sounding like a chav again?

;

That and Tennant sounds so forced

>10/wose audios
>simm coming back

it is an attack. the rtdbad uprising. moffchads unite! defend our general, defend our show and defend our leader moffat

MOFFAT INN
MOFFAT INN
MOFFAT INN

>Amy too busy playing a blue alien on Marvel movies
>11 and Clara too busy playing various princes and queens in period pieces

Time for the Eleventh Doctor Adventures starring Nick Briggs and Arthur Darvill!

Moffchad soldier reporting in! We are 75% of the general and WE WILL NOT BE BEATEN.

>Can't even load the page to preorder because of all the traffic

For fucks sake

MOFFAT INN

Just order it tomorrow. It's not coming out any time soon.

>it's a "Briggs underestimated how many people jizz to 10/Rose" website

If they have Billie Piper back, why didn't she narrate the Ninth Doctor Adventures instead of Briggs?

I have waited four years for this and I shall wait no longer

I had to check and make sure they didn't just hire an impersonator. The beginning bit with Tennant was fucking awful too ("HELLO, this is the Doctor". Like he'd dialed everything I find annoying about him up to 11.
I hate Big Finish's music too. As soon as the trailer started I was bored. I don't know what it is about it. It's just shit.
I don't mind Tennant usually and I'd be hyped if they brought him in for something new and original rather than what's just gonna be a pastiche of already rubbish series 2 episodes.

Same reason why they didn't get John Barrowman to narrate them...

which I also don't know.

>Eleventh Doctor Adventures starring Nick Briggs and Arthur Darvill!
You joke user but....
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-eleventh-doctor-chronicles-1630?range=125

Tennant always sounded obnoxious and forced. I know we look at him with nostalgia glasses these days, but he really was Worst Doctor.

>Three years of Moffat
No one blinks an eye
>One ear story
Entire website crashes

wew look at all those freckles

I'm sure if Big Finish had got Matt Smith and Karen Gillan back to record a boxset, the site would have crashed as well.

Seconded

No it wouldn't have, Steven.

"Hit for six" was a cricketing expression. As Turlough once needlessly explained to Tegan Jovanka, it indicated that a ball had been hit over the boundary line without bouncing on the ground first. (COMIC: The Forgotten) Such balls won their batsmen six runs. Ishtar Hutchings nearly "hit for six" to conclude the 2010 match between the Doctor's Invitation Eleven and the Cheldon Bonniface Invitation Eleven, but Sanki caught it before it could sail over the boundary. (PROSE: Happy Endings)

>Ice Warrior picture on cover is that of a Cold War-era Ice Warrior
>Briggs does an impression of an old Ice Warrior

Go shave your pubestache, Russell

I know some people are expecing Simm to show up for the Monk arc, but wouldn't it just make more sense for "Dir. Various" to mean he's showing up at the end of episode 10 to lead into the finale?

The Cold War one had this really deep voice didn't it? Weird choice. Mark Gatiss did a hissing sound in his "derring do" video so I'm hoping they're just ignoring Cold War.

David Tennant’s Doctor, portrayed on screen from December 2005 until December 2009, returned in the 50th Anniversary special The Day of the Doctor.

Billie Piper portrayed the Doctor’s much-loved companion Rose in 2005 and 2006, returning for a number of stories in 2008. She also appeared as The Moment – which had taken Rose’s form – in The Day of the Doctor. These new stories will be Billie’s eagerly-awaited debut for Big Finish.

Executive producer Jason Haigh-Ellery says: "Getting David and Billie back together was definitely on my bucket list – two wonderful actors who created an era of Doctor Who which is so fondly remembered and brought a different aspect of the relationship between the Doctor and his companion to the fore – love, both platonic and unrequited. It’s great to have the Tenth Doctor and Rose back again!"

Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Adventures – Volume 2, to be released in November 2017, is comprised of three thrilling hour-long full-cast audio adventures.

The set opens with Attack of the Zaross by John Dorney, in which an alien invasion of Earth isn’t quite what it appears to be – Camille Coduri guest stars as Jackie Tyler.

In the second adventure, Sword of the Chevalier by Guy Adams, the Doctor and Rose arrive in Slough in 1791 and encounter Chevalier D’Eon, an enigmatic ex-spy who has lived his life as a woman. Together they must fend off alien slavers, who have come to Earth to abduct valuable humans.

Finally, in Cold Vengeance by Matt Fitton, the TARDIS arrives on Coldstar, a vast frozen food asteroid in deep space. But there is something sinister defrosting in the network of storage units… the Doctor’s old enemies the Ice Warriors! Nicholas Briggs plays Ice Lord Hasskor and Warrior Slaan.

"It was such a special time for me, working with Billie and David on the TV show," says Nicholas Briggs, who is the Voice of the Daleks on TV and for Big Finish, "and it is such an honour to revisit it with them on audio."

They just wanted something that looked like it was from the new series

>reminder that DWM said Simm Master is in EVERY episode that Missy is in

Er, where did it say that?

>"We’ve worked very hard to live up to the incredible standards of Russell T Davies"
>Russell T Davies
>Incredible standards
>Russell T Davies' incredible standards, you guys

Latest issue.

proof please

No shit. I mean which section, what was the quote.

This did not happen.

>December 2009

11/AMY STORIES FUCKING WHEN REEEEEEEEEEEE

DANNY BOY TO THE DOCTOR
DANNY BOY TO THE DOCTOR

Karen is very busy. She's one of the most demanded and popular actresses in the world.
imdb.com/search/name?gender=female&start=1

You've got a ferrrrn!

We can wish, right?

In their defense, it's hard to make good trailers with no visuals.

>Eleven with no Amy
PLEASE.

I'm not sure what it is you're wishing for here. TV adaptations of Big Finish audios?

if the 10/Rose boxset doesn't get Normies into BF what will?

Game of Thrones audios.

11 has century-plus-long gaps with no companion, it's very likely BF will invent him one

I always wanted Benny Summerfield to hang out with a New Series Doctor, so maybe they could make audios with her and 11.

>Doctor, are you telling me you've been screwing with another time traveling archaeologist?

read this you'll like it

But I don't like Gary Russell.

no one does believe me
But it features 12/Benny you fuck

I heard this was shit.

>Big Finish website still fucked from so many people trying to pre-order

where should i start with big finish?

Ninth doctor chronicles

let me give you my goddamn money, briggs, you whore

Early monthly releases. I'd recommend the best out of the first fifty; they're cheap, and you'll know pretty quickly whether you're interested or not.

Just watched "Oxygen". Anyone else find it a little odd and out of character for the Doctor to be singing the praises of Leon Trotsky? I also found it to be a little much when the Doctor defeated the corporation by transporting communist revolutionaries to the station and holding a 32nd Internationale

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/How_do_I_get_into_Big_Finish?

Nowhere

Maybe Edge boobies is in the Vault?

You do not want to see ftm boobs after a year on hrt my dude

bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-ninth-doctor-chronicles-1628?range=124
this?

hmmm anything in particular?

i saw the photo on the end, but i havent seen any classic who ao im not sure if it would be best to first see classic who and then listen to the audios.

k

Then listen to the 8 audios.

>but i havent seen any classic who
If you haven't seen any classic who, start with the 8th Doctor stuff

Yeah. Ninth doctor chronicles is a great entry point for new listeners, and you already know the characters so that's a bonus

Aquitaine is a good Fifth Doctor one to listen to as well

>i saw the photo on the end, but i havent seen any classic who ao im not sure if it would be best to first see classic who and then listen to the audios.

Classic Who first. Unless you're going for the Eighth Doctor Adventures, Dark Eyes, etc. (all the stuff with Eight) because that's neither Classic nor New really

The general public prefers this version of Doctor Who over Moffat's.

okey so 8th Doctor first, any story to start of with?

hmmm okey then ill listen to both

fifth? okey ill put it on the list

Don't use benny and fuck in the same sentence. Weird shit happens.

Don't listen to the Ninth Doctor Adventures. It's Briggs doing a shitty Eccleston impression. The only returning actors are Rose's mom and Adam.

It's disgusting isn't it? At least the majority of /who/ prefers Moffat

>any story to start of with?
Blood of the Daleks

is meming unless you're interested in a listening to a terrible Eccleston impression

If you like new who, the edas. If you like classic who, then storm warning

It's super comfy, it's the first one I ever heard for Five. Hope you like it, user.

Seconded, Eight's series with Lucie is great.

If you want something in format of the new series start with The Eighth Doctor Adventures series. I'll also recommend the main range 8th Doctor stuff with Charley because it's GOAT.

You can start with Storm Warning, but skip a story called Minuet in Hell. That story is notoriously shit.