So what's the canonical explanation for Peter Parkers parents being out of the picture? Who were they?

So what's the canonical explanation for Peter Parkers parents being out of the picture? Who were they?

They're spies who have a sister that they hid from Peter.

Scratch that, they're spies who have a daughter that they hid from the world.

Mephistoverse stuff ain't canon m8.

And no one will mention it ever again.

Unless Robinson somehow gets the Spidey title

Oh god no, someone will storytime Trouble again.

>three times in two days
Please no

What is mephistoverse

I only recently read the thing after curiosity got the best of me. Can anyone give me a hint because I really want to know what in the name of God were they thinking.

>Trouble was considered by Marvel's editorial group as the possible origin of Spider-Man. It was also meant to re-popularize romance comics (which were very popular in the 1950s, selling millions of copies), but failed.
I fucking wonder why it failed.

Controversy sells comics. If you can't make something good, why not make something so terrible it will be remembered for ever?

You'll probably want to read this.

Pretty good but kind of odd pacing towards the end and it's got that stupid little "or is it????" twist at the end.

Not sure if canon but easily forgotten and likely won't be followed up on for a while.

I think he wanted an explanation, not a reading list

Never heard of it. What makes it so bad?

they were spies for the CIA. They died on a mission.

I admit I was enjoying it up until Richard and May's first time, after that it got so bad I was genuinely disgusting.

This seems to be a recurring theme in Spider-man comics.

It's been answered but I'm providing the most recent story on the subject that's actually a good read.

It's a recurring theme in comics in general, the same reasoning that went behind all the rapes in the 90s or shock deaths is behind shit like turning WW into an SJW in that one comic. If the editors know a decision will upset some people that makes them more likely to go with it, because controversy means people are at least talking about it.

Didn't Red Skull blow up the plane they were in while going from country to country between missions?

Any mainstream Spidey story post-OMD

>reading list
It's a short GN, not a 50 issue run

They'll go for the SHIELD agents version
But I want the scientists that made the Venom suit version.