August Rebirth Solicitations: SUPERGIRL and BLUE BEETLE

>SUPERGIRL: REBIRTH #1
>Written by STEVE ORLANDO
>Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and RAY McCARTHY
>Cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
>Variant cover by ADAM HUGHES

>Supergirl turns to the shadowy organization known as the D.E.O. (Department of Extranormal Operations) to restore her lost powers once and for all! But as a fateful experiment sends Kara Zor-El rocketing toward the sun, disaster strikes at home in the form of the lost Kryptonian werewolf Lar-On! All the epic action of the brand new Supergirl series starts here!

>On sale AUGUST 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Other urls found in this thread:

comicosity.com/exclusive-august-2016-dc-rebirth-solicitations-supergirl-and-blue-beetle/
weirdsciencedccomics.com/2016/05/exclusive-dc-comics-announces-new-six.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>BLUE BEETLE: REBIRTH #1
>Written by KEITH GIFFEN
>Art and cover by SCOTT KOLINS
>Variant cover by CULLY HAMNER

>Lost in the desert with no memory of the past few years, teenager Jaime Reyes must find his way home again—but when he reaches his town, he’s shocked to find it abandoned and in the hands of government officials…officials who are very interested in the Blue Beetle and the scarab that gives him his power! How can Jaime find his family and uncover the secret behind the town’s seizure—and why Kord Industries is helping keep the world from learning the truth?

>On sale AUGUST 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

She want be angry brawler anymore, right?

Hopefully not.

I hope they are coming down the beetles power level

I really appreciate Orlando's love of obscure villains. First Gotham Academy, now this.

*toning down

He's probably making it more like the show

He's probably making it more Pre-Flashpoint Supergirl.

Just 2?
You mean like post crisis?

Is Martian Manhunter going to be part of the book since his solo ended.

Exclusive reveals

Doubtful? They'll probably try to build up Supergirl's classic supporting cast, at least at first.

BATGIRL #2
Written by HOPE LARSON
Art and cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
“Beyond Burnside” part two. Batgirl is off to Singapore! Following the mysterious advice of the ancient superhero known as Fruit Bat, Babs dives into the dangerous world of MMA fighting. But her first opponent may be more than just an adversary in the ring. Could she be connected to Babs’ new travel-companion-slash-maybe-crush?

>ALBUQUERQUE on art
>MANAPUL on VC
Muh dick.
Might this actually turn out good?

Source? And you might as well post the others too if you're doing it.

>Lost in the desert with no memory of the past few years, teenager Jaime Reyes must find his way home again
>again

06 BEETLE CANON AGAIN
GIT HYPE

>Might this actually turn out good?
Hope Larson is a good writer. But it's not going to be grimdark Simoneshit, it'll still be quirky.

DEATHSTROKE #1

Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
Art and cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
Variant cover by SHANE DAVIS
“The Professional” part one! Deathstroke’s latest contract takes him to a war-torn African country, where he finds himself caught in the middle of a disintegrating alliance between a ruthless dictator and a deadly super-villain. With an entire nation at stake, Slade Wilson must choose between fulfilling his contract and saving an old friend.
On sale AUGUST 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

>Priest on Deathstroke
Might we get a definitive series of the character?

>Might we get a definitive series of the character?
Until Morrison writes Slade.

They've been spreading out solicits slowly, full solicits should be Monday

comicosity.com/exclusive-august-2016-dc-rebirth-solicitations-supergirl-and-blue-beetle/

>no memory of the past
It's technical language of saying "we retconning shit."

SIX-PACK AND DOGWELDER: HARD-TRAVELING HEROZ #1
Written by GARTH ENNIS
Art by RUSS BRAUN
Cover by STEVE DILLON
Variant cover by NEAL ADAMS
COMING IN AUGUST: In the tradition of the original Hard-Traveling Heroes, Green Lantern and Green Arrow, Sixpack and Dogwelder are ready to bring their allegedly socially aware brand of justice to the lands beyond Gotham City!

After the events of ALL-STAR SECTION EIGHT, Sixpack is fighting to keep what’s left of his team together. Dogwelder has gone in search of his past, while newlyweds Bueno Excellente and Guts are dealing with some fidelity issues. Could Section Eight be done for good?
But everything changes when a mysterious trenchcoat-wearing chain smoker offers our favorite dog enthusiast some clues about his true nature. Is Dogwelder everything he seems? Or is he meant for something greater?
On sale AUGUST 24 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T+

Bueno Frank.
Bueno.

weirdsciencedccomics.com/2016/05/exclusive-dc-comics-announces-new-six.html

SIX-PACK AND DOGWELDER: HARD-TRAVELING HEROZ

Written by GARTH ENNIS
Art by RUSS BRAUN
Cover by STEVE DILLON
Variant cover by NEAL ADAMS

COMING IN AUGUST: In the tradition of the original Hard-Traveling Heroes, Green Lantern and Green Arrow, Sixpack and Dogwelder are ready to bring their allegedly socially aware brand of justice to the lands beyond Gotham City!

After the events of ALL-STAR SECTION EIGHT, Sixpack is fighting to keep what’s left of his team together. Dogwelder has gone in search of his past, while newlyweds Bueno Excellente and Guts are dealing with some fidelity issues. Could Section Eight be done for good?

But everything changes when a mysterious trenchcoat-wearing chain smoker offers our favorite dog enthusiast some clues about his true nature. Is Dogwelder everything he seems? Or is he meant for something greater?
On sale AUGUST 24 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T+

Beat ya too it, buddy.

I still can't believed is real.

>a mysterious trenchcoat-wearing chain smoker offers

Constantine?

SUPERWOMAN #1

Written by PHIL JIMENEZ
Art by PHIL JIMENEZ and MATT SANTORELLI
Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
Variant cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
“Who Is Superwoman?” part one! Lois Lane takes flight! Now powered up with the abilities of Superman, Lois pledges to carry on the super-legacy as Superwoman! There’s only one problem: Lois’ new powers are killing her, and neither she nor her friend and confidant Lana Lang know what to do about it. Will Lois even survive long enough to learn the deadly secret of Ultra Woman?
On sale AUGUST 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

>Lois Lane The superwoman
Shit's gonna be canceled faster than cooke diying from cancer.

Or Question, dunno is he still smoking in New 52.

Forgot pic

>Ennis writing Con Job again
Bueno

DETECTIVE COMICS #938
Written by JAMES TYNION IV • Art and cover by ALVARO MARTINEZ and RAUL FERNANDEZ • Variant covers by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
“Rise of the Batmen” part five! Batman, Batwoman, and the entire team take the fight to the deadly Colony! Those highly trained operatives took the Bat-team apart on their own turf…so how will they fare when the Colony is in its element, with all their weapons trained on our heroes?

>Those suits the agents are wearing
So tynion is going full on arkham knight here, I hope Harper gets shot somewhere.

This makes me think of female Thor. Luckily it doesn't seem like it's being done for the publicity so it should turn out better.

I have no idea what section 8 or any of those characters are but most likely yes
Dident they write him out or something

WHOR DONE RIGHT.

Hitman? Then we get a Hitman ongoing by Ennis. He said he would be open to write it.

Yeah I don't think that's going to be popular
On the plus side as Says it's probably not the pandering marvel would give us in this situation I'm going to give it a try

There's already a book based on the show, this will be a return to a more classic Supergirl.

>“Rise of the Batmen” part five!
>DETECTIVE COMICS #938
Feel weird seeing 5 Books of a series coming out in two and a half months.

Did he change his mind. Ennis notes that, despite the team’s strong connection to Tommy Monaghan, he won’t be appearing outside of “a very brief flashback appearance in the prologue.”

>I can talk a bit about it, sure – but not much. This is definitely the same Kara you saw in the New 52 SUPERGIRL series, sixteen years old, new to Earth. In story time, she has been on Earth for less than a year, and in that time has gotten into some trouble, be it her skirmish in Siberia when she landed, or her actions as a Red Lantern. But she’s putting that anger in the past, and looking forward, thanks to some new friends and a fresh start as seen in SUPERGIRL: REBIRTH.
>The book will pick up from Super League, going on right now in the Superman family of books, BUT Super League is not required to pick up SUPERGIRL: REBIRTH, which will set the stage all on its own if you like. As for supporting cast, we’ll see some new faces, some faces from previous adventures Kara has had, and one major villain rearing his Cybernetic Head as the Cyborg Superman comes in search of Kara. In the previous series, the readers knew he was Zor-El, but he did not, and Kara did not. Now that information is out, and it changes everything.

I don't get why Tim's pants are green

Like okay, people miss him being Robin, but he's still Red Robin so it looks stupid as fuck for him to look like Robin.

>that shitty Red Robin costume
Poor Tim he just can't get a break

>Kieth Giffen writing
>Without DeMatteis

I could swear he'll be on Outlaws v3.0

>Superwoman
>It isn't an Earth 11 series

That is really close to being Dick's Robin costume. At least Tim has a belt

Wait Kara still 16. You know what happen to her last time she was allow to grow.

>written by Tynion in a book
>written by Lodbell in the other
This is much worse than being in comic limbo

What happened? The Ol' Kryptonite poisoning plot?

I'll throw in Chinese Superman for completion.

NEW SUPER-MAN #2
Written by GENE LUEN YANG • Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC and RICHARD FRIEND • Cover by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC • Variant cover by BERNARD CHANG
“Made in China” part two! The New Super-Man must face off against the Justice League of China? When Kenan Kong was imbued with the powers of Superman, he didn’t waste any time using them! Now it’s up to the New Bat-Man and New Wonder-Woman of his home country to bring our hero back down to earth—just in time to stop the attack of the deadly Sunbeam!

>notBATMAN
>notWONDERWOMAN
And it's not even the batman from BatInc.

She was killed on Crisis on infinite.

>Hopefully not
What, motherfucker I liked Angry Kara. Kara has every right to be angry.

Because that Batman and Wonder Woman are probably created by the government

>it's not even the batman from BatInc
But that one was Japanese?

Oh. RIP then

And the last tid - bit, proving Conner can still make fucking amazing covers.

HARLEY QUINN #1
Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by CHAD HARDIN
Covers by AMANDA CONNER
Variant covers by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
“Die Laughing” part one! Welcome back to Harley Quinn’s crazy world on Coney Island…now get ready to wave goodbye, because everyone there just might get eaten alive! Harley’s gotta protect her neighborhood against an all-out zombie apocalypse! Break out the chainsaws, everybody!
On sale AUGUST 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

I really want conner to draw an ongoing again. Maybe even a yearly or shit, muh dick.

>Chinese knockoff Justice League

I love this idea.

She cameback.

Oh, fuck me forgot that.
Yeah, the kamen rider influence would have been weird otherwise.

It looks like Tim's old Robin costume

To be honest, I'm just angry of all the angry and/or edgy teenagers we're getting. It's either that or they have to be hip or "lol random". That's why I missed classic Kara.

She was angry for like 40 issues, it's time to chill a little

>Friend and confidant Lana lang
When the fuck this happen?

>And it's not even the batman from BatInc.
Who cares? There's nothing wrong with making new characters

>Lodbell
Who the heck is that?

Oh. UnRIP then

That's it for today, Sup Forumsmrades.
Most of the solicits will be hitting later today.

Quick fact, the cover for #938 of detective comics is known, but nobody has seen the 937 one.

Except the red doesn't look like a leotard and is more a normal shirt.

This

I liked his Red new 52 better than this.

Eh, better than the old New 52 costume, at least. But that isn't really saying much.

>Lois is dying
Good, this is karma for screwing up clark's life.

Cass' costume looks weird without the eats.

I meant Lobdell

>I really want conner to draw an ongoing again.

She still has those wrist injuries that make her unable to draw too much.

Are you being sarcastic or not? I know people who go both ways

YOU RACIST PIECE OF SHIT THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHINESE AND JAPANESE.

Wait, since when kara has trouble with her powers ?

solicits drop tomorrow, not today. Surprised we haven't gotten suicide squad,all star batman or cyborg solicits.

It looks similar to his old Robin costume

What? Nobody mentioned Japan

Since her new 52 book ended

>But it's not going to be grimdark Simoneshit, it'll still be quirky.
Why does it have to be one of two extremes?

>later today
Arent they usually on tuesday?

The asian guy in Batman Inc was Japanese, not Chinese.

>Might we get a definitive series of the character?
Yes. We will. Based Priest. Hope this leads to him getting more comics work regularly

Honestly, while I understand the humor of DeMatteis, his dialogue isn't that good. He often puts paragraphs upon paragraphs of jokes on each page, hoping that at least a few stick. And he has this constant thing of constantly repeating things the reader already knows - he was still introducing Ariel Masters and Lois Lane in the penultimate issue of Justice League 3001.

He has a knack for comedy, sure, but you don't have to set up a joke with dozens of words when a few will suffice.

The full solicitations are out tomorrow, around 5pm EST.

Why this book is being pushed so hard? I keep seeing it everywhere.

Don't want to confuse readers with two Lois Lanes.

Most likely won't be retarded quirky like the recent run, more along the lines of slice of life drama than the usual capeshit.

I'm probably one of a handful who's actually looking forward to this book.

It's where all the batfamily that aren't in other books went.

Do we know which Lois this is?

Last issue of the Supergirl V2011 (2011-2015) run, after Kara come back from a space hero academy in her last issue last page.

>Lost in the desert with no memory of the past few years
oh thank god

>A story that isn't about his fucking kids
Thank you based Priest

I just want Siobhan to show up and be friends with Kara again.

How was Wolfman's run on Slade? I never anything good about it, unlike his other works.

Yes. Best Lois.