The more Catholics attend mass, the more they vote Democrat

>Polls show Catholics who attend Mass weekly vote more for the Democratic party than Catholics who are less observant.

>Recent data from Pew Research Center shows 57 percent of Catholics who attend mass weekly are voting for the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton. At the same time, only 56 percent of Catholics who attend Mass less often are voting Democrat in the upcoming presidential election.

>Recently, Boston's ordinary, Cdl. Sean O'Malley, in a statement directed at Trump, isolated immigration as seemingly the only issue to consider when picking a candidate for president:

>"I think immigration is such an important issue, requires a lot of reflection. It requires people with wisdom to come together and talk about what is best for the common good. All of us need just immigration laws and a way of dealing with immigration that will not dehumanize people."

>Archbishop Blase Cupich of Chicago is another example of social justice being placed on par with, or above, intrinsic moral evils. Responding to the videos released last year showing the horrific sale of body parts from aborted babies, Cupich commented,

>"While commerce in the remains of defenseless children is particularly repulsive, we should be no less appalled by the indifference toward the thousands of people who die daily for lack of decent medical care; who are denied rights by a broken immigration system and by racism."

churchmilitant.com/news/article/mass-attendance-causes-immoral-voting

>not controlled for the "mexican" variable
>or the "inner city" variable
Suburb-Rural Cubans are catholic and vote republican

Catholics are pagan not christian

No the pagans are those who think bernie's campaign ended on good friday so that hillary's sins would be washed away.

Now they have fag churches and churches where the preacher is a bitch.

So yeah i can see "churchgoers" adding to the ranks of democrats. Theyre not actually religous, conservative, or decent people though. They just want god to tell them its ok to have AIDS

They truly are just as bad as the Jews. How do we deal with The Eternal Catholic?

what are mexicans

>When I was going to Catholic Church as a teen they taught us that it was a sin to vote for a democrat because abortion

Can't make this up

All real Catholics are on hiatus till the filthy Jesuit fucks off and dies

Can confirm. Catholic and go to church, pastor says to support refugees.

>Catholics
>Pro Life
>Voting Democrat

Fucking WOW!

I guess it's true that Catholicism truly is a false religion full of lying hypocrites.

Google: Clinton and Margaret Sanger

No Catholic should ever vote Democrat.

>1 fucking percent
WOOWWWWW
IF THEY WENT TO MASS SURELY ALL 100% WOULD VOTE DEMOCRAT RIGHT?

REALLY MAKES ME FUCKING THINK

More proof that ritualistic Catholics without faith through grace are blind servants of the enemy and his agenda.

user did you possibly consider that the reason for this is because these people and the parishes they attend belong to the church of nice that just wants to be a pandering social club, and refuses to teach the glorious truths of the Catholic Faith? If you've listened to or read Church Militant long enough you would know this is something they address constantly.

That's still what we teach. None of our teachings have ever changed. The problem is so many priests are lukewarm and will not share these teachings, only kumbaya bullshit.

I still don't understand why Sup Forums thinks Christianity is supposed to be racist, sexist, elitist, or homophobic

People from my church volunteer all over the world, we helped fight for civil rights, and we care for the poor

Why does Sup Forums like us?

The catholic church was a force for globalism before globalism was a thing

Cultural Christianity and apostasy is on the rise everywhere. It seems nobody holds truth as sacred any more.

Yes, but it was a completely different kind of globalism.

A 1% difference, is statistically meaningless, so it's a reach to say that weekly mass-goers are more likely to vote Democratic. Statistically, they are neither more nor less likely; i.e., it mass attendance no difference.

However, this is not surprising, since most Catholics attend the fake new mass, and attendance skews heavily towards middle-aged and older women: the only people who can tolerate sitting through that crap for an hour.

The small minority of Catholics who attend the real mass don't tend to vote Democratic. They also don't like Cardinal O'Malley, Abp. Cupich, or Pope Francis (Antipope Francis, according to some) one bit.

The pope clearly doesn't, so why should anyone else?

The spread difference is 3% actually. Just saying.

>The more people are brainwashed, the more easily they're brainwashed.
Golly, who'd have guessed?

There are plenty of us left who do. And we're preparing to take back the establishment. It'll take a generation or two, but by His grace and our blood and zeal it shall be done.

No, he does. Unfortunately, the Pope doesn't have as much power as he should have. If he did, things would not have gotten so bad. That being said though, Francis is not nearly heavy handed enough in his preaching and ministry.

Said a man who's probably brainwashed himself, and therefore an expert in these matters.

And a poll like this usually has at best about a 5% margin of error (unfortunately, they don't seem to list it in this case), so whether it's 1% or 3% it's still meaningless.

You've done well on this day, shill. Go take a break, smoke a fat one for me, bud.

>look mom I posted it again

>No, he does.
Bullshit he does.

Everything is an equivocation with him. Everything is ambiguous. But it is clear that he belongs to the school that thinks personal lived experience is everything and immutable truths are nonsense (which Pius X condemned as heretical modernism). He has said and written so many things which are patently heretical on their face, that I've lost count. He is so much worse than JPII (who was no prize doctrinally, even if he was saintly) that I can hardly believe it. He's single-handedly plunged us right back into the 1970s, and I'm seriously doubting if the Church can survive it.

>Protestants are Christian, even though they came 1500 years later through misinterpretation.
>Catholicism is at least 1000 years older, providing copies of the Bible and possibly organized the modern Bible, but unchristian.
When will protestants accept God's true church and not a church made by a man's interpretation.

I'm Catholic I guess but honestly it seems like something went seriously wrong pretty early on. The eastern orthodox church seems more attuned to the teachings of Jesus and actual scripture. That and there's far less Jew influence.

I used to think it was just conspiratards going on about nothing but sometimes I really wonder if Roman Catholicism has been hijacked by Marxist/the Jews.

>Mexicans vote Democrats

I could have never expect it

Indulgences and forgiveness/salvation by proxy through sacraments and not completely through faith in the finished work of Jesus alone is the true Church? That seems more like the misinterpretation to me.

Many of them are ignorant and fall for the bible verses used by the democrats to justify hedonistic actions.

You also forget that many Catholics are Hispanic and uneducated in politics and will buy into the "Trump will deport every last Mexican" meme.

People in the church who stand for immigrants do it for those who actually are in need, not those who protest when the welfare check isn't on their account.

Honestly, its not the church, its political and religious ignorance that causes those stats.

Pah, the Church will survive everything user. This is a certainty. And we can argue all day and night about Francis and his problems, does not change the fact that he is the Vicar of Christ for the time being. And as bad as you think he is, consider this: some of the Pope's in centuries past have been evil, dissolute men of the lowest moral character who only obtained the office through nepotism and/or simony. These were men who had raucous, drunken parties, knocked up whores, and who had naked little boys jumping out of cakes. If any of those men were Pope today, with access to modern media, can you imagine the nonsense and madness they'd be spewing?

>providing copies of the Bible
barely anyone had copies of it because nobody except scribes could read back then. That is how Catholicism got so corrupted. The people just listened to what the leaders say just like the Jews did/do.

Protestantism started because Martin Luther actually read the Bible and understood it

So basically the Popes are the rulers of Judah from the time following Solomon until the advent of Jesus Christ? Cool.

It has been hijacked. There was a woman who was a high level KGB operative, who repented and defected. Stalin had ordered her to train men to infiltrate the Catholic Church and introduce weak theology to destroy her from within. These men were to have neither faith nor morals, and preferably be homosexual.

The CIA also infiltrated the Church in order to hijack it.

Notice how it says white evangelicals, but for catholics it lumps all the races together.

I don't know what I said that gives you that idea, Luther. My point was that the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church will survive everything. EVERYTHING.

Git out and go throw ink at a wall cause you think you see the devil there.

Except when he didn't

You shouldn't be surprised with the cuck pope and the commie direction Catholicism is taking

These.

Also, low-information voters don't have to be atheistic.

t. Catholic

I was just thinking to myself. It makes sense, really. We're in the last days, and just as the kings of Israel and Judah became more decadent and did not stand for truth and righteousness, is it not fair at all to look for the same patterns today? Because I feel like I see that happening.

And maybe I am guilty of actively looking for the enemy's activity, but I honestly feel like I can't help it. Evil is everywhere and I've become so sensitive to it.

>I really wonder if Roman Catholicism has been hijacked by Marxist/the Jews.
Of course it was. That's how we got Vatican II.

Yes, but none of them ever tried to change the doctrine of the Church as Francis is doing. And there's plenty of evidence that Francis obtained the office through not entirely honest means as well.

Yeah, he understood it so well that he had to deliberately mistranslate it to get people to follow him. Even Protestant scholars don't defend his German Bible today.

And it's disingenuous to imply that none of the great medieval theologians, some of whom had already answered many Luther's objections before he even raised them, had read the Scriptures. Luther's problem was that he'd only read excerpts from Augustine, Aquinas, etc., because that was all he had available to him.

You and I don't have that excuse. Go read the Fathers, go read Augustine, go read St. Bernard and Aquinas. It's demonstrable that the Faith of Trent is the same as the Faith of the Catacombs and Nicea. Protestantism bears no resemblance to the Church of the First Century.

or maybe I should say corruption and perversion of truth; compromise.

This is extremely true even in Italy, the core of Catholic Politics.
The Church these days is extremely leftist and even cultural marxists here are brigading with Pope n' Priests.

But not that they are not acting on a major scheme.
They know white man will disappear soon or later so they are being the nice org who historically helped mulattos and colored people to get a Promised Land.

Basically they are converting a lot of africans, ex-muslims, hindis - at some point they will convert chinese people as communism already failed as religion for masses, Buddhism will die soon, and the true alternative is Confucianism.

This is Grand Strategy of Roman Church and damn if will work. In the future christianity will be reunited again under Rome, trust me.

Note that the decline of Israel and Judah lasted CENTURIES (even between the Israel falling to the Assyrians and Judah falling to the Babylonians there elapsed 125 years). The "last days" may take a long time.

And Confucianism was alway much more compatible with Catholicism than Buddhism is. Confucius was practically an Aristotelian.

Also, I know that the word Catholic means universal, even though I am of a Protestant bent. That includes us Protestants. And yes, a remnant of true believers will survive, no matter what. But the world is without a doubt against us. As much as I like the discussion here there are many who would seek to dissuade and discourage those of the faith. Sometimes I think it isn't worth it.

Guy, every single generation thinks it's the End Times, when none of the very specific signs have been seen. Only God the Father knows when the End Times will be, no one else. Not even Jesus Himself knows, He said so.

It's good to be on the lookout for evil, but it is not good to jump at shadaows, which is what you are doing.

Do you have links to any such evidence? Also I don't think it is Francis who wants to change the doctrines, but rather many certain heretical bishops and other well placed clergy, who are intentionally distorting and misrepresenting what he says.

I agree that nobody knows when Jesus will return, but would you consider the possibility that the period known as "the last days" began when Jesus began his ministry?

I mean, the apostles seemed to think so.

If He said that, He more likely meant it was the last days of the Old Covenant, of the Law of Moses.

Where is the Protestant remnant in Early Christianity?

There's no hard evidence, but it's an open secret in Rome that there was a conspiracy to shame Benedict into resigning (having to do with the much publicized dossier about pedophile/homosexual priests and bishops which was seemingly buried after he abdicated) and to replace him with Bergoglio (who by most accounts had come in second in the voting in the previous conclave).

And all you have to do is look at the things Francis has said and done himself, not filtered through bishops and cardinals, to know that he's not being misrepresented. He's deliberately surrounding himself with people like Cardinal Kasper and the disgraced Cardinal Danneels, who would otherwise be long gone from any role in running the Church as they are past retirement age. Those people are his inner circle, and it's by HIS choice. Meanwhile he removes good Cardinals like Burke from important positions.

If anything, this is the most centralized the Church has been in decades. Francis has far more control than B16 or JP2 had, maybe even more than Paul VI.

I don't understand the question. "Protestant" and "Catholic" (not catholic) are labels, are they not? Don't they all fall under the Church, if they are true believers? I don't know about you, but when I read the Bible and apply its truth I am basing it off of early Christianity, not interpretations made today (if I can help it, I'm not consciously aware of it anyways).

A study from June? Pre-leaks? GTFO OP

Because most Catholics are cuckolds, and just can't stop being wrong about some really important things. Plus, they worship Mary. Sad!

>Don't they all fall under the Church, if they are true believers?
They can't all be true believers, though. The two have mutually exclusive visions of the nature and composition of the Christian Church.

Either Catholicism is true, in which case Protestants are heretics, or Protestantism is true, in which case Catholics are idolaters. Both cannot be true.

The MOOK and the JESUIT.

t. Cuckold O'Reilly

Christcucks showing their true colors again

Fake Pope Francis follows the liberation theology heresy, and many of the Latin Americans Catholics are influenced by him.

This explains it

Explain this

The Church has become cücked beyond belief, so this isn't really a surprise. I expect Pope Francis to convert to Islam before his "term" is over.

>Because most Catholics are cuckolds
We're used to it. We've been being cucked by our own hierarchy for more than half a century.

But you know who also worshiped Mary? The whole Church from the First Century until the late Sixteenth. Even Luther and Calvin, maintained the devotion.

Of course it will survive anything because it bends to whatever modern society deems appropriate. It has no solid roots, every portion of the bible and every doctrine can easily be modernized with past beliefs explained away as being "misunderstandings" or "mistranslations"

The church is a joke.

Western religion is a shit

Sup Forums only likes protestant christianity because it allows them to be ultra racist and ignorant and call it god's will.

Galatians 3:28. Being racist is the most blue-pilled thing you can be.

I know check this out

you sure are a silly prussian with no real understanding of religious politics

As expected Protestants are filthy fucking white trash scum.
Intrafaith Crusade when? Inbred Evangelical fucks are worthless subhumans.

>every portion of the bible and every doctrine can easily be modernized with past beliefs explained away as being "misunderstandings" or "mistranslations"
It wasn't always that way. It certainly wasn't the case in the 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries, or even the first half of the 20th. In fact, this approach was specifically condemned as heretical by Pius X little more than a century ago.

But it's definitely true of the vision of Catholicism that triumphed at and after Vatican II. For those us us who don't accept this, we can only hope and pray for an authentic reform to return the Church to her perennial teachings and discard the false reforms of that infamous council forever. Whether we wait and suffer in vain, only time will tell.

I really need to get some sleep before work, but I'll check this in the morning. I'm not arguing that all are true believers, hence my use of the word "remnant." Help me understand why they are mutually exclusive, as if only one is right and are redeemed? Would not grace through faith be sufficient in the end, even if there are errors in reasoning and interpretation? Could not the blood of Jesus cover over idolatry or bad doctrine?

I just can't accept worshiping Mary, no matter what someone tells me. She was used by God for His plans, but so are all the other saints (believers).

That's why any decent study of the Bible interprets based on context and intent according to that time period and culture in which it was recorded.

Where is the Sola Fide remnant?

>Would not grace through faith be sufficient in the end, even if there are errors in reasoning and interpretation?
Both groups would traditionally answer "no," albeit for different reasons.

For Catholics, because faith alone (not mere fiduciary faith, at any rate) does not suffice.

For Protestants, because the Catholics do not believe in the sufficiency of fiduciary faith.

>Could not the blood of Jesus cover over idolatry or bad doctrine?
It is not that the sacrifice of Christ is insufficient, but rather that the necessary preconditions for its application to the individual case are not met.

>She was used by God for His plans, but so are all the other saints
Mary is not "worshiped" in the same way God is. It's a limitation of language that leads us to say she is worshiped. In Greek there are three different words used: latria, which is the worship or adoration given to God alone; dulia, which is the worship or veneration given to the saints; and hyperdulia, which is the worship or veneration given to Mary. It should be obvious by etymology that what is due to Mary is of the similar character as what is due the saints, but in a superior degree, whereas what is due to God is of categorically different. Unfortunately, the English words "worship," veneration," and even "adoration" lack the specificity of their Greek counterparts.

Mary is the most perfect of creatures, and the greatest of all the saints. She is accorded a place above even the angels, but she is still infinitely removed from God.

Catholics are sheep. We've known since the reformation.
>t. Raised Catholic, don't regret it at all

It makes perfect sense.
Most of the Catholics are Mexicans.
They might be socially conservative but they vote Democrats for the gibs, and because they will legalize even more of them. Thanks to the Liberals their supremacy in the USA is guaranteed.
Fuck even I would vote for the leftist if they promised to offer me a country as a gift.

Stop trying to shit on catholicism

Religion as a whole is a joke in US, bashing on catholicism will accomplish you literally nothing

The most conservative family I've ever met is Catholic.

Like full on "women shouldn't be allowed to vote" conservative.

They're voting Trump.

It also doesn't help that the GOP is full of Fundamentalist/Evangelical Protestants and has never really been a very welcoming place for Catholics as a result.

This midrashic teaching you posted proves my point.

Consider:

Jacobs Death Blessing of Levi- Deuteronomy 33:9 Who said unto his father and to his mother, I have not seen him; neither did he acknowledge his brethren, nor knew his own children: for they have observed thy word, and kept thy covenant.

Also, Jesus proclaims the same twice: Matthew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

And the well known Jesus' Mother and Brothers Passage: Matthew 12:46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Oh brother...

From what I've seen, ultra-conservative/traditionalist Catholics are either voting for Trump or else gave up voting years ago. None of them are for Hillary, I can assure you. Some of the merely "conservative" ones may go for Gary Johnson, may go for Trump just because he's not Hillary, or may abstain. Few if any of them will go for Hillary, either (though some have gone for Bernie in the primaries).

The problem is that liberal/moderate Catholics vastly outnumber rest, even among regular mass-goers.

>2016
>religion

Sadly this is not the case. Catholics of every race vote more to the left.

There is a lot of wisdom to be found in some of the Papal Encyclicals. Nevertheless, the Church is corrupt and rotting from the head. Francis disgusts me. As a former Catholic, I am all too aware that the Church actively disencourages Biblical understanding and promotes teachings that are absolute abominations.

It Doesn't and shows you didn't bother reading it.

What Irenaeus is doing is developing a high Doctrine of Mary to the point of even making her a cause of Salvation and the New Eve.

These already opposes Protestant views of Mary where they cannot accept that Mary is a cause of Salvation.

Show me Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide in Early Christianity

Basically the Vatican is the DNC, the bishops are the National Council of La Raza, the laity are border jumping lost Marxist Mexicans, the priests are the coyotes, the nuns are Sonia Sotamayor, and the Pope is Soros.

And the USA? We are the body of Christ. Under attack. Sad!

The pope isn't the head of the Church; Christ is. Part of the problem is that too many Catholics (including Francis itself, it would seem) have forgotten this. The pope is not supposed to be above perennial teaching: he's the custodian, not the source.

All I know is that if I left the Catholic Church, I'd leave Christianity entirely. I wouldn't be worrying about the correct interpretation of the Bible because I'd consider the whole thing nothing but a myth. There is simply no way to salvage the Christian religion, outside of the Catholic Church.

But...can you explain this

control for race

>Catholics
>Anything but heretics

it just proves how the globalists have infiltrated the church with their propaganda the via clergy response teams..

filters man was right!

To cast Mary as a vessel of salvation is a flawed teaching. It is true that Eve contributed to the downfall of man- however, Mary simply did the right thing. Blessed among women, indeed- but certainly nothing more.

White caths still vote majority Rep though

>cucking your husband with the heavenly farther
>blessed