Other urls found in this thread:

christylemire.com/captain-america-civil-war/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow, what a great thread.

You really make some good points

>DC fans still asspained because BvS was the blunder of the century

I wonder how many eons will take for them to recover

>this bait thread was started by marvel shills to get responses like

Captain America and Bucky only got away through a series of poorly written character choices.

Vision didn't do anything during the entire fight even though he could have stopped everyone on Cap's side.
Vision shot down the down instead of destroying the plane Cap and Bucky were obviously running towards.
Tony had Vision try to shoot down Falcon from the ground, instead of shooting Falcon himself. Even though moments later, Tony hits Falcon with a nonlethal blast on the ground.
War Machine could have taken care of Falcon while Tony pursued the Cap and Bucky.
Either Tony or Rhodes could have shot out one of the engines. They both know Cap is a capable pilot who could have landed the damaged plane.

*Vision shot down the tower instead of destroying the plane

I wouldn't say trash, but it's definitely overhyped. It's worse than Winter Soldier.

This is true. I'd place it a little below Cap 2. They handled the massive roster well but it really did bring the plot down a bit.

this is beautiful

Winter Soldier was better, indeed, but Civil war is a great sequel. The problem here is that we have a lot of Dcfags that, even after a month, constantly try to retcon the BvS delusion with stupid bait threads.

BvS was easily better than any Marvel film after IM1.

Considering Civil War is now ahead by about $70 million and it's only the second week, I'd say a loooooong time.

Well Winter Soldier is the best MCU movie in my opinion, with Civil War and Iron Man tied to the second place.

Of course it was.

Glad you shaved and got rid of some fat, DCfriend

How did a van with a bomb somehow get parked, conveniently, right outside the UN building?

It was a news van.
The Avengers were signing a historic document news crews were all over the place.

We've seen time and time again that most threads are made for company wars. And for what? Movies? Oh man, I wonder where all these trolls are coming from?

So, how did Zemo get it in front of the building? Did he steal it? How did he get into the area? I assume he'd get ID checked before being let in.

And why did security just think to check to van seconds before it exploded

>It's worse than Winter Soldier.
Most movies are, that's not really saying much.

Why doesn't Iron Man make a suit for everyone?

Cap would function well if given something the ability to fly

>Most movies are
pls be b8

Capeshit is the lowest of the low of the film medium.

The first three Bourne movies all blow it out of the water.

>Vision didn't do anything during the entire fight even though he could have stopped everyone on Cap's side.
This is a point, though it's mentioned prior to the fight that he's still not certain of his control over his powers, so it's possible he was holding back in case he accidentally fried someone.

>Vision shot down the down instead of destroying the plane Cap and Bucky were obviously running towards.
He may have wanted to preserve the plane in case his team needed it.

>Tony had Vision try to shoot down Falcon from the ground, instead of shooting Falcon himself. Even though moments later, Tony hits Falcon with a nonlethal blast on the ground.
I believe Tony was busy chasing the plane at the time.

>War Machine could have taken care of Falcon while Tony pursued the Cap and Bucky.
This is a point.
>Either Tony or Rhodes could have shot out one of the engines. They both know Cap is a capable pilot who could have landed the damaged plane.
I don't think plane disabling is an exact science. Look at videos of jet malfunctions, they can go from gliding to fireball in zero seconds flat, especially if you're zapping the part that emits fire.

yeah... right... pic related.

But, seriously, The Marvel-DC comparison right now does not make sense. Marvel has been active for eight years and had various film with different directors, DC (a part Nolan trilogy and the... Green Lanter) has only Snyder shit

I look forward to the SS , WW and the Batman Affleck.

Oh come on that's not fair. Superhero movies are just blockbuster action flicks with a specific genre attached. Couple that with TBBT making being a nerd popular and you have something more enjoyable.

>Synder is bad
Disney social engineer pls

>how did Zemo get it in front of the building
He's an intelligence agent, in fact he was the leader of an intelligence operation. Maybe he got a false press pass, maybe he killed the real driver and used the van's legit press pass.
>why did security just think to check to van seconds before it exploded
For all we know, Zemo detonated it earlier than planned because security was on to him. Or maybe it was on a short timer to begin with because Zemo knew it wouldn't sit there very long without attracting attention. For all we know, he could have just parked it and ran knowing that the chaos of the explosion would cover his escape.

I thought it was bold and brash

Vision can easily overpower them all though. He doesn't even need to use the gem on his head. He can incapacitate them all with strength alone and handcuff them all.

Have Tony and Iron Man distract Wanda with the sound waves, and Vision just takes everyone out.

Agreed, it was gold.

>Have Tony and Iron Man

>disney shills trying to pretend DC fans ever wanted snyder

kill yourself.

My main problem with Zemo is that he's operating out of anger for the loss of his loved ones, yet he's okay with bombing a heavily populated area. He even apologizes for T'Chala's dad dying like it didn't occur to him that he might catch someone unintended in the crossfire of his fucking explosive.

But, you know, blinded by vengeance and whatnot.

Oh, and I think Tony could have easily called for another plane.

Winter Soldier has characters you give a shit about.

Bourne movies are all unwatchable.

Point goes to Winter Soldier.

Where are the stacks of handcuffs that can hold various people with all different kinds of abilities?

>Have Tony and Iron Man distract Wanda with the sound waves, and Vision just takes everyone out.
These autism plans are great when you're playing with action figures or playing Warhammer 40k or whatever. But they don't make for good stories.

Tony and Iron Man and Rhodey and War Machine.

Sorry.

>Bourne movies are all unwatchable.
die slow nigger

Hawkeye was great in this movie

Cap, Wanda, and Bucky are really the only three with powers on his side. The rest rely on suits.

Iron Man fucking sucked.

Captain America 1 and 2 blow everything else Marvel has done out of the water.

This. The real reason is "because we wanted a big scene where everyone takes turns beating the shit out of each other in fun to watch ways, and then a little scene where Cap and Tony drama fight later on"

How are they good at all?

b8

>our story revolves on people acting like retards

B...B...BASED RUSSOS 10/10

It's not bait. Iron Man is objectively the worst, least memorable Marvel movie.

I swear to god only in the last few days have I seen people defending that piece of shit.

(You)

Yeah, it's a pretty good movie if you don't set out to hate it.

It must suck devoting that much time and effort to nitpick something meant to bring you joy into the ground.

No seriously, it's a story. It's not meant to be realistic.

People always liked it. It's huge opening is what sparked them to announce the whole phase 1 line up just days after it released.

It just has not aged well. It was great compared to the trash Sony and Fox put out, but it's still pretty much standard "Super Hero Movie" with a really boring third act.

You know what also makes for good action scenes? People doing reasonable and interesting things, instead of jobbing to each other like Power Rangers villains

But I guess asking for a Disney movie to have any thought put into it is asking too much.

> Iron Man is objectively the worst.

You're not even trying.

I'm guessing you've never seen the Thor movies.

>You know what also makes for good action scenes? People doing reasonable and interesting thing
What? No. Give an example if you're going to make a claim like that.

And not just tatic-lol trigger discipline shit which is not interesting.

>MARTHA!

Quality over cash, buddy. The first Civil War review I read literally said "it's better than BvS because of quips!" Not even joking.

christylemire.com/captain-america-civil-war/

>Quality over cash
>defending a movie that was neither quality and made little cash
dcucks everyone

>You know what also makes for good action scenes?
>People doing reasonable and interesting things

That is very sad

I guess. I just always hated it. The opening is boring as fuck, the ending, like you said, is boring, and I honestly can't remember a single thing about the middle.

None of the characters stood out other than RDJ, the visuals were murky and bland (a problem with most Marvel movies save for a couple stand outs), and the villain was barely present. Iron Man was sort of the template for the absolute worst of what the Marvel movies do today.

It wasn't until Captain America that they made a really good movie.

>disneyfag has to make everything a company war
>n...nobody could ever criticize BASED RUSSOS otherwise!!!

k y s

And you played right along with it, you silly little shit
>disneyfag
I mean really

Thor is way more interesting than Iron Man. Things actually happen, there are characters that do things, and they have a visual identity.

dude, relax. It's going to be okay, just step away from the computer for a second.

If DC tried to pull any of this nonsense off people would jump on them for "characters acting retarded" but since Marvel does it then it's okay?

Can you fucking cretins stop posting on Sup Forums? Nobody wants to read your circlejerks

Just imagine if the airport fight was between the Justice League.

But it's Batman's team vs Wonder Woman's team.

And Superman just sits back and does nothing while everyone else fights.

The bland visuals are just kind of what happens when you shift an origin from Vietnam to the Mideast.

RDJ does carry the movie, admittedly. Honestly, I like it for the suit building scenes, but it's true over half of the movie is origin stuff with a lackluster fight at the end.

However, having watched Cap 1 last week, I felt that it had a bit of an asspull ending as well. Red Skull is winning, and then he grabs the cube and gets cosmos'd out of nowhere.

If DC made good movies people would care. I didn't even see their movie it looked so bad. It really isn't about old man DC vs Marvel shit. If you put out a good movie, I'll go see it.

I do think that it's not a great movie. But it set the tone for how the MCU was going to play out. It's not dreamy, orchestrated wide eyed wonder fairy tale stuff like Raimi Spiderman. It's not dark trench-coat completely missing the point Fox Xmen.

It takes place in the real world. Terrrist shit and big buisness. Stark listens to AC/DC and kills people with missiles. I mean now it doesn't seem too special, but at the time we really didn't know what the tone was going to be at all.

Superman is a main character though, not a tertiary team member. This is more like Martian Manhunter taking a bench, which happens all the damn time.

All the shittery DC fans put up with is their own damn fault. They're the ones who shitposted about Marvel flicks for the better part of a year and then had their messiah of a movie flop hard. The reaction from Marvel fans is pretty natural.

And while I'm definitely more into Marvel than DC, I have nothing against the latter. Please make a decent GL movie.

>I didn't see their movie
>it's shit
Bravo Disney

Batman being stunned after hearing his mother's name is definitely in character. Batman is an emotional person. Like when he spent 20 minutes beating up the punisher despite telling everyone else to restrain themselves.

BvS was a high quality movie
BvS was good. You say it sucks but haven't seen it? Where are you getting the information to make that claim? Is it just Sup Forums memes?

Where did I say it was shit or sucks, brother? I wouldn't know - I didn't see it. I have 0 interest in seeing it. I have seen their movies already and I know what their tone is - it's not for me. The trailer looks like more of the same, why should I spend money on something that looks bad, from a company with a bad track record?

>backpedaling

Hey, I never picked fights with Marvel before the movie came out, that was just people who like to fight. And now since the critics didn't like it and it didn't make enough money, those people ran away. I too would like a decent GL movie, but who knows if it will ever happen?

no shit sherlock

Bait threads are the cancer of this site.

are all mcufags such retarded slowpokes?

The GL movie was "decent". It wasn't good, but it wss better than shit like AoU.

Alright your way is more fun
>average DC fan boy
The Dark Knight is the best movie ever made.

Likewise, I'm not a shitposter who flames BvS threads all day. But those two groups have really shat up these threads for everyone else. Not that this particular thread was ever going to be good.

You literally said
"I didn't even see their movie it looked so bad."

That's different from "I didn't want to see it because it's not my kind of movie" which is what you're implying in this post. You're being very disingenuous right now. Not liking the tone isn't the same as it being a bad movie, it just means it doesn't conform to your personal taste.

*best cape movie

While that's not true, it'd be disingenuous to say it wasn't a good movie.

To be fair, he didn't say it was bad, just that it looked bad.

It looks like a shit movie and I wouldn't pay money to see it, based on their track record. It's not about DC vs Marvel. It's about shitty edgy try hard movies vs just good enjoyable movies.

Well Begins was forgettable shit the one with Heath Joker was good and the Bane one was really bad

I actually haven't seen it yet. I might at some point to see what all the fuss was about.

The problem though is during discussion threads. I was in a DCEU thread as well as an MCU thread with similar post counts. Search for Marvel in the DCEU thread and it came up with 24 results, some of which were "DC should copy Marvel!" Search for DC in the Marvel thread and 0 results. What's up with that? Can't we just have proper discussion without company wars?

It's closer to Saw than a Super Hero movie. You do not watch Dark Knight if you want to have a good time.

>shitty edgy try hard movies vs just good enjoyable movies.
t. cancer killing cinema

shut the fuck up retard yuo'r embarrassing yourself

Sure you do, especially if you're a Batman fan who likes Long Halloween.
>t. I and similarly minded friends watched the shit out of it until we got sick of it

The DCCU:

Begins: Meh.
Dark Knight: So edge
Bane: Crashing this plane

Man of Murder: lets make Superman dark because (???)
BvS: Why in the world should I watch this movie?