Were Fletcher's methods justified? Or too extreme?

Were Fletcher's methods justified? Or too extreme?

>tfw I thought the movie had a hard-won happy ending
>everyone online says its some kind of tragic ending

Hey mang you did bretty good, no one gives a shit and you will never be recognized

Whiplash got what he wanted and become a GOAT drummer, but he's forsaken every other element of his life to achieve it and will probably be looking for Whiplash's approval for the rest of his life.

Forget about the happy/sad dichotomy. The ending ends how it ends.

Fletcher was just a projection of Chazelle's autism.

I thought this movie was about Metallica. I want my money back.

this movies tries to make it seem that jazz drummers are more important than they actually are.
In reality no one can tell the difference between rushing and draggin.
Fletcher was an autist

>Justified.
If you're never pushed to your limit, you don't know what your limit is.

Consdering that he can be switched for the other two made me think he really wasn't that special/didn't matter

>same mentality as ISIS
Extremism is bad in any form.

But Metallica's drummer can't drum how could you think that

I have a friend who has been performing music for like 2 decades and he thought it was retarded. Even Simmons couldn't keep us interested. We dropped it with like 30 minutes to go.

I wonder how many people who made this had spent more than a minute in the music biz.

There's also the fact that many great jazz musicians weren't perfectly on time with the beat.

It seems like no one realizes the irony that Whiplash is looking for mechanical precision and pure devotion to the teacher in a genre that embraces individuality and idiosyncrasy.

>ISIS
dude wat

Fletcher was a petty autist with an inferiority complex.
His students were all pussies and hacks.

He didn't generally imply extremism though, he just specified knowing your limit, keeping to society standards and being a middle class office worker doesn't actually mean that you've peaked your potential, does it?

Not my FUCKING TEMPO

Hey, retard, movie isn't about reality, its about the two main characters, one who is already consumed by passion for his art (pap fletcher) and one who seeks to go down that same path, (faggot fantastic)

Its about an artists struggle. Achieving self imposed greatest that will never be recognised by the masses, such as an uncultured douche like yourself.

>If you're never pushed to your limit, you don't know what your limit is.
Isis is a form of extremism. Any form of extremism will lead to self harm, hatred and destruction. So even for jazz, Whiplash basically went full jihad. Evident by the car crash ending scene.

Do I have to hold your dick to piss too?

No he said push your limit. You don't have to push to know m8. For example, I know I can't jump out of a 10 story building a survive.

Fletcher was being a edgy faggot. If he used properly structured training routine, he doesn't need to throw shit around the class like some emo teenager.

Happy ending? This is not a movie with happy or sad endings. It's not a disney movie, it's more ambiguous.