30 SECONDS

GOD BE WITH YOU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PjCR9YrU2Q0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War
thenation.com/article/the-longest-war-in-american-history-has-no-end-in-sight/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there is no god

why would anyone want to stand at the front of the boat when they know they're going to be the first to get shot to shit?

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

*reloads*

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP-P-P-P

Why the fuck didn't they fire smoke rounds on the beach? Jesus this was stupid.

Why didn't the eagles take out the machine gun nests?

The opening scene does a poor job of showing how many troops landed at the same time in Normandy, you had terrible luck to be at the front of the boat, but you weren't guaranteed to be killed.

Do you not understand american warfare? We sent waves and waves of men until the bodies make a natural sandbag line
The thing i dont understand is why not shell the beach with cannons from ships

The guys at the front of the boat should have been given shields.

how old is this pic?

lol'ed to this post

Why did white american men throw themselves in front of enemy machineguns to save the jews and negroes from the wrath of the german white men?

youtube.com/watch?v=PjCR9YrU2Q0

Doesn't look as bad as it did in the movie...

Patriotism. Knowing that even if takes your life, you're helping make the world a better place.

People have to die in wars, it's a reality. Not every battle or tactic is a perfect scenario where your skills will determine if you live or die.

when you think about it, the Nuremburg Trials were really the first bans for braaapppposting

they did, tho

they just couldn't target the small machine gun nests and pillboxes well enough, but all the major guns were knocked out by destroyers and battleships shelling them.

The area being fought over has either some tactical, or resource advantage that you don't want the other guy to have.
Its kinda like the US fighting over plots of desert in modern days. We don't really care about the people who live there, we just don't want the 'wrong' types of people having control of it.

They did, the Allies did not have the luxury of shelling for more than a day in advance however because even in his meth-fueled stupidity Hitler might have been firmly convinced by Rommel that the invasion wasn't a meme and the held-back Panzer divisions would have raped them alive a mile from the beaches

>pointlessly firing weapon into the air while screaming and looking the wrong way

hmm yes the perfect soldier

none of that is from Omaha beach, which had the most intense fighting

all in all, despite the casualties D-day was a massive success for the allies

didn't the first wave at omah suffer like 80% casualties or something

>Do you not understand american warfare?
>follows up by demonstrating he doesn't know anything about american warfare
lmao

>The guys at the front of the boat should have been given shields.

In all seriousness why weren't they? They could've taken the beach in like five seconds.

Yeah, I couldn't find good Omaha footage.

>Shields can stop bullets

Please stop watching anime.

bullet shields aren't a thing

especially not against mounted machineguns

All omaha footage was lost unfortunately. There's like a 5 second reel from a solider who was there on the beach if i remember. But that's pretty much it. The more you know

People don't have to die in wars though

Well, there you go.

>People don't have to die in wars though

Dude, I remember MOH Frontline.

Shields thick enough to withstand those rounds would have to be mounted on a truck. The truck itself would sink. That's why they didn't unload a whole lot of them.

But what if they had placed the ramps on the side.

5 PIZZA'S. TAFEL 3. NU OPHALEN!

there's 10 photos by Robert Capa that survived a botched developing. he was aboard an early wave at Omaha, but pussied out and hitched a ride back before the unit he was with made any headway

pic related

SPR is incredibly historically inaccurate. The intense nature of the landing itself was very well done and other than the costumes there's nothing of note.

It's only ever remembered for the first 20 minutes and after that it's honestly not that great of a film in hindsight.Also As good as Hanks is in this every time he was shouting all I can hear is fucking Woody.

The cinematography of the landing scene definitely took inspiration from the Capa photos.

Juno, Sword, and Gold beaches didn't have nearly as much opposition at the landing because the naval artillery and aerial bombing actually hit their targets.

At Omaha most of the pillboxes, bunkers, and heavy emplacements were completely untouched.

not enough corpses and dismembered limbs

>As good as Hanks is in this every time he was shouting all I can hear is fucking Woody

Same

>People don't have to die in wars though
Well seeing how most wars are fought by men, and they are fought with intent to kill the enemy, I would say you're technically right but also technically, a faggot.

>nothing of note
>wade dying
>the sniper scene
>the kike getting stabbed and upham doing nothing
>the entire final battle

Yeah, literally everything went far better than anyone could have expected on D-Day. It is pretty crazy, Hitler fucked up pretty bad.

>dying in some pointless conflict makes the world a better place

Really makes me think

Also, special forces were air dropped behind enemy lines in order to sabotage the backup artillery

Well, there's a lot of pointless conflict right now in the Muslim shitholes of the world, but WWII is probably not one of them. Thank God for the Japs trying to cripple our navy, now we are practically the planet's military force.

I've heard close to 90% in some places. I remember a story about how almost an entire ship of soldiers was totally wiped out the moment the ramp dropped except for a single guy who got knocked off the ramp into the water and somehow managed to not drown. He crawled out of the water and saw his sergeant or whatever lying wounded. The sergeant raised his upper body up to wave him over and was immediately filled with holes. The surviving guy doesn't know why he wasn't shot, he should've been an easy target lying out on the beach. Thank god shit like this isn't happening now.

>Thank god shit like this isn't happening now.
Not on the scale it used to, no. But America is not at peace. We're in some dozen conflicts scattered across the ME. The only difference is most of the casualties are enemy civilian, because of the doctrine that any military-aged male is a possible jihadist.

The only difference is there's not a lot of flag-draped coffins getting shipped home. The last time that was mentioned was in the first years of Afghanistan and then Iraq.

GROMP THE BLOMP

Yeah, I'm just talking huge scale beach landings and mass slaughter, tho I guess some would say the drone strikes are a form of mass slaughter on their own.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War
Iraq alone has suffered an estimated 200,000 civilian casualties in a decade. Keep in mind the estimated population of Iraq in 2003 was also a tenth of America's, so try to imagine that happening here... except it's closer to 2,000,000.

The worst part is almost all this killing is done without a formal declaration of war, which is why Afghanistan is America's longest war. Ever. Not WW1, WW2, Vietnam... Afghanistan.

>it's another thread where posters don't know the difference between KIA and "casualty"

Getting your leg blown off in a 3rd world shithole is basically the same as death. More importantly: most of those guys just wanted the status quo maintained.

this.

90% casualty rate could literally mean 9 out of every 10 soldiers stubbed their toe on the way off the ramp.

Im muslim

surely nam went on longer

well no, since stubbing your toe doesn't remove you from action and therefore does not make you a casualty

i think the casualty to death ratio in WW2 was about 40% or so

Convenient. And (((they))) say that's where the evil nazis mowed down billions of brave american saviors?

thenation.com/article/the-longest-war-in-american-history-has-no-end-in-sight/

hence why the front is called the murderhole.