ITT: idiot audiences

ITT: idiot audiences.

you mean

>ITT: bribed critics

the vvitch is ccino

>people who don't like what I like are idiots

it really wasn't anything special

you have seen the comments on their Facebook page after it came out.

\
-|-his

Hail Satan

You mean vvasn't

>A slow atmospheric period thriller marketed as a conjuring tier horror flick
>general audiences luke warm on it
Not surprising at all.

It was pretty creepy though out, but the advertising made it seem like it was a full on horror flick when nothing that particularly scary even happened.

Only 3 scenes stood out to me, [spoilers]the mashing of the baby (very unsettling but not exactly scary) the goat goring the dad (quick jumpscare) and the devil talking to the girl at the end (intensely creepy to be fair but also not scary)[/spoilers]

It was an ok movie, but the advertisement campaign definitely fucked over the tone the movie was going for.

Why are fanboys of this movie so obnoxious? They think they're such hot shit for liking a slow movie without muh jumpscares and talk down on anyone who doesn't like it with bullshit like "omg u must like Annabelle".

I agree. Still well made though, I wouldn't rag on people who really like.

>reveal that the witch is real and that magic exists in the first 10 minutes of your movie

I thought this was supposed to be a movie about paranoia driving the family insane

Witness to.

The satanic whore.

I thought it vvas shit

It is. You should watch the rest of the movie.

This is the horror pleb filter.

More like AYYnya-Taylor Joy

It isn't.

But I did and it just gets dumber, like the two kids running along singing about the "black goat prince" and speaking to the goat and nobody in the super pious, religious family notices this.

How is Split? Thinking about checking it out.

is this thread linked on reddit or something
When has a movie ever been scary?

What was wrong with this webm so that it had to be deleted?

>That ass shot at the end

Both the critics and the audience are plebeians

*tips trilby*

Yea, both of the ratings should be lower.

Haha this guy probably likes Annabelle!!

I do! Awesome movie!

It's because horror as a genre has come to such shit it is considered as a separate thing from film by the general audience.

Like when you go to see a horror, the majority of the audience judges the movies completely different from an action/thriller/drama with hard preconcieved expectations of what it should be.. It's like all the movie elements dissapear and the only measurement of quality of the movie is how many times you got "spooked". It's almost like a rollercoaster ride, not a movie for them.
The studio had to market The Witch as a "scare" horror movie so more people would see it, and when they actually watch it they don't care about the family relations and character development and the production design etc, they just want to get some loud noises after a few seconds of silence every now and then and go home happy "hehe that was spooky"

It's quite sad really.

It's gotten to the point where people that actually liked it call it a thriller and not a horror because of the points mentioned in your post.

shit movie appealing to the "AESTHETICS" nu males

refn kino is an acquired taste

This was such a disgusting movie, and Anya Taylor-Joy looks like an alien.

Because anti Christian messages always get a pass from fedora liberal hipsters no matter the quality.

Ready any liberal review and they praise the lone survivor giving herself to Satan and witch hedonism

that movie is trash. It looks great but it is awful.

Its breddy gud. The less said the better.
Based McAvoy can't not be great.

that's kind of the point for good horror
this felt like a 21st century Rosemary's Baby to me

>anti Christian messages
Did you even watch the movie, or do you just shit memes on the keyboard?

Love this film. Unique drug trip plot

I had no idea what to expect except that julian barratt was in it. Caught me completely off fucking guard.

Wanna go see Annabelle 2?

Absolutely!

ololubs

you're awful and you look like shit too