Explain me one thing Sup Forums

Explain me one thing Sup Forums.

How does Superman fly?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9lHicT-U2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

With the power of his hatred of injustice

Personally I've always preferred the "tactile telekinesis" explanation. I know a lot of people hate that though.

He jumps really high.

Manipulates his personal gravitational field.

He has a flight bladder that he inflates when he needs to stay in the air.

telekenesis

You mean, jump good?

It's the Superforce. I aint gotta explain shit.

Same way any fictional character can fly without magic or any powers that make flight logical. He can just fly end of stoy.

That's not an explanation. What's he pushing against? The air? Because the amount of force necessary would cause a lot more disturbance than he ever demonstrates. It's not like the wing of an aircraft being buoyed up by pressure differentials. There are more aerodynamic rocks.

Thank god, that stoy was boing.

His bioelectric field is strong enough to manipulate his own gravity, and to a lesser extent, the gravity of things he's touching.

His body naturally produces gravitons under the influence of a yellow Sun.

Why don't his atoms fly apart when he messes with the fundamental forces of the universe like that?

Alcubierre Drive. It's literally the only option.

His body CREATES subatomic particles? From what?

Because they're held together by the same gravitational effect.
And his body's ionic bonds are really strong.

But atoms aren't held together by gravity and their ionic bonds are impossible if the atoms themselves are coming apart.

They're not bonded by it, they're just literally held together withing his bioelectric field and moved forward as a single mass by creating an effect similar to gravity in a chosen direction.

Proper breathing and energy from the sun.

Tactile TK

He eats all his vegetables.

How can they be held together by his bioelectric field if they're incapable of forming valence bonds because he's disrupting the strong interaction by causing graviton interference?

muh yellow sun

Story force

>His bioelectric field is strong enough to manipulate his own gravity
>electromagnetism
>manipulate gravity
What the fuck am I reading

Do you actually like superheroes?
Are you familiar with them at all?
If not, why did you even start this thread?

Quantum uncertainty. The science is sound.

Actually, in 'Superman: Birthright' Lex Luthor theorized that Krypton was not just a planet, but a dead star with a humongous gravitonic field, and Kryptonian life forms had naturally evolved the means to resist it. In Earths measly gravity, those organs allow them to fly.

Because physics doesn't work like that in the DCU

Fuck you, Morrison. Read a real book.

Nothing, Superman activated his bilolelectric field and annihilated the local cluster.

That last part is pretty much ripped from the Donner movies.

>DC can't even exist properly

Who said anything about electromagnetism?

Why does telekinesis require you to push against something?

>Actually, in 'Superman: Birthright' Lex Luthor theorized that Krypton was not just a planet, but a dead star with a humongous gravitonic field, and Kryptonian life forms had naturally evolved the means to resist it. In Earths measly gravity, those organs allow them to fly.
You know things are bad when DBZ has a more logical explanation for its alien main race than DC. What the hell is this shit?

Comic Book Physics

Bioelectricity is caused by electromagnetism.

His atoms are invulnerable you fucking div.

But that Punisher is named Jake.

I'm not Morrison and I honestly doubt he'd waste time on Sup Forums like us loosers.
But really, there IS no fucking explanation.
Every single superhero is inherently unrealistic because the genre and character archetype were made for ACTUAL CHILDREN IN THE 1930's.

Any reasonably skilled detective could prove Wayne is Batmam. Anyone who's suffered the physical punishment he has in just a single year of his comics would suffer massively decreased physical abilities because humans have very imperfect healing.
Radiation kills complex organisms in significant doses, not mutates them.
Aliens do not exist as portrayed in comics.
Time travel is impossible.
The Speed Force isn't real.
Alternate dimensions are not proven to exist the way they do in comics.
Human beings, no matter how well-trained, cannot fight 10-to-1 odds against targets armed with guns and win. Or even armed with fists.
There is no Punch Dimension.
Evolution doesn't work that way. Neither do mutants.

>DC can't even exist properly
...No, of course it can't. A passing glance at it should make that clear.
The DCU is canonically a fictional universe, even within it's own continuity. It's even watched over by a group of all powerful interdimentional entities who's only job is to tweak the causality of events to make sure everything that happens is interesting.

>pretty much ripped from the Donner movies.

..?

Link?

>DBZ has a more logical explanation for its alien main race

You really need to stop using that stuff. It's bad for your brain.

Jake is a Honorary Frank

>he doesn't into Frank totems

>But really, there IS no fucking explanation.
I already said that in this thread when I said he flys end of story its hilarious the bullshit authors will invent to make hiim flying sound logical
>bioelectric field
Hahahahaha

>watched over by a group of all powerful interdimentional entities

They wish they were all-powerful.

Marvel handwaves this by calling every single being with superpowers a minor reality warper that screws reality to make their powers actually possible.

They're as powerful as the story requires.
Kinda like toonforce being as strong as it needs to be funny.

I don't think you understand what gravity is user

Reality warping isn't real or possible either.

You like to pretend that they do, but no writer has ever actually referenced that in a comic book outside whatever series and handbook you think overrides all the others.

Comic books are made up and there is no realistic superhero. Deal with it.

Ki handwaves the superpowers in DBZ though and Saiyans came from an earth like planet that got blown the fuck up by the original super saiyan then migrated to Plant which had more mass than earth and higher gravity.

UP, UP AND AWAY!

Reality warping is possible actually you just need technology that can alter the the quantum foam.

Don't DC do the same by making it a part of their hypercrisis. Superman has Superman powers because the story demands it, for the sake of continuing.

DC characters just have other reality warpers higher up just doing it for them.

The problem is that there's no real explanation in-universe. Supes flies because it was easier to animate than super-jumping for the 1941 Fleischer cartoons, and it was added back in the comic because it was cool (old school movie synergy!).

Okay, I'll give you that.
Then explain how everyone in Marvel does it WITHOUT technology?
Just so you know, my "they're not real and thus physics does not apply to them" argument is always going to apply here because it will always be true.

How is it that I can manage to read comics longer then most neckbeards on this sorry-ass board and yet I STILL manage to not take them as seriously? It's a fucking comic book.

yes. see

>Then explain how everyone in Marvel does it WITHOUT technology?
Its Celestials I aint got to explain shit basically.

interacts with the earth's EM field (which is related to yellow sun radiation, blocking some of it, interfering with other parts)
in space, in a spacesuit, the suit needs boosters

However Gohan explained it to Videl, that's how Super Man flies.

Man that is taking forever.

Thats some real bullshit if I heard it, magnetic levitation completely ignores gravity meaning it should impossible to make Superman fall while he is flying.

He uses the Superforce to climb around in the air less than a fucking attosecond. You can't even hold it.

So literally explanation?
>"A higher order of entities causes things to run because the plot requires them do with not explanation as to how they do that."

It's okay to admit that superheroes are made up bullshit and don't make any sense. It's not supposed to be realistic, it's not supposed to make sense. Almost NO speculative fiction out there is based on scenarios that could ever exist in real life, and even many "real life" shows rely completely on human beings acting even more stupid then they actually do to heighten the drama or comedic nature of the scenario.

Z characters fly via propelling ki, since ki is some supernatural energy it doesnt act like a chemical propellant leaving behind nothing but mass destruction when Z characters move at incredible speeds in midair.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9lHicT-U2w

Tiny wings all over his body.

How does Goku learn to fly, againt?

The Celestials had the technology to alter the quantum structure of reality and implanted it in the DNA of humans' evolutionary ancestors back in prehistoric times. That's why the X-Gene exists, that's why radiation gives people super-powers instead of harming them or just doing nothing like it would IRL, it's all a manifestation of the same phenomenon.

As for magic users like Dr. Strange, they're just invoking the power of other advanced beings like the Vishanti who also have the capability of manipulating reality.

I have this headcanon that kryptonians all exude a small field that helps to regulate their personal gravity. This is shown by how Krypton has a notoriously high gravity, which limits their modern/pre-extinction space flight attempts. I believe it was evolved as part of their advanced physiology to adapt to some change in their gravity that happened in the last thousand years or so. Said change inhibiting their space flight.

This gets some proof when you consider that without powers(for whatever reason) Clark is at equal strength to a normal human that equals his, admittedly impressive physique. So Kryptonions aren't any stronger than a human, but they modulate their personal gravity, most likely subconsciously.

So when exposed to yellow sun radiation, this ability, as with every other feasible part of his anatomy, is boosted to incredibly, nigh-godlike levels.

Bam, Supes can control his own gravity and fly, both on planet and in space.

Also I hate the Man of Steel idea that he manipulates the atmosphere near by. This is mentioned by A.I.Jor El, and shown by both Clark moving particulates before takeoff, and when Zod has parts of his armor floating around him before he takes off in flight for the first time.

LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!! GO AWAY!!! SANTA CLAUSE IS RRREEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He moves at will in any direction.

Actually Strange has a levitating cloak that lets hi fly. But otherwise yeah.

Reality doesn't exist outside of your brain. Without eyes to see, without senses to feel and interpret, make a model of the world, there's no world. That's why every superpower expalanation thing is bullshit.

The map is not the territory.

Thank you cosmic space gods for turning me into a horrible birdman abomination!!!!

Punish-Verse/Frank-Verse when?

He inflates himself, just like a balloon.

>Punch Dimension
Whats the Punch Dimension?

where Cyclop's punch beams come from

>no Punch Dimension
Stopped reading there
Go hone fagbots and come back when you learn some science

Dream pls.

That is really just a dumb an explanation

telekinesis

Does anyone? I mean really? Does anyone? The most we know is "gravity happens because in space things clump together due to electromagnetism or something and the mass of these things ends up pulling in more things"

That's about as far as we've gotten with it. Gravity is a force and everything else, the other forces of nature have an anti-force except for gravity. I remember reading that in a biology text book about this exact subject. The scientists writing the thing theorized he just had access to whatever anti-gravity is that we haven't figured out yet.

No Plato, reality is real.

It's funny how poorly understood scientific concepts are used in science fiction as a stand in for magic and then later on they become understood.

It's kind of like meme magic. We just make shit up as we go along and then later we find out it's actually true or reality reveals it.

I believe its 0 percent gravity and 100 percent concentrated power of will

And that's why we remember his name.

Hamon?

Hey, some combinations work, others don't. When you have a sample group of trillions, you're gonna get a few less-than-great results mixed in there.

He jumps then starts to fall, but then he just sorta "goes more" and he's flying.

Thank god it's 0 percent. You know...zero percent and not one percent. Cos...well...if it was one percent...

>Time travel is impossible
WRONG
Forwards time travel is possible by means of near-light-speed time relativity fuckery. You'd experience time slower than it's really going from your perspective, so it'd feel like a week, but it's been months, or years, go fast enough for long enough, and it's decades, centuries, millennia in a fraction of the time.
Going backwards is theoretically possible, but not survivable because it involves going in black holes. Some of your sub-atomic particles might make it though.

He jumps really good, aims to land on the Earth, and misses.

Fart jets. Just like the pillar men from Battle Tendency but more powerful and less noticeable.

He falls, but he misses the ground