How exactly do police "protect freedom" when their sole purpose is to restrict and/or take away people's freedom?

How exactly do police "protect freedom" when their sole purpose is to restrict and/or take away people's freedom?

In fact, one could argue that police are patently anti-american as they take away freedom.

WHO CARES

because they take the freedoms away from people who infringe on the freedoms of other people first you fucking autist

How exactly does a speeder, weed smoker, or j walker take away other people's freedom? The vast majority of infractions (other than murder or serious injury) don't involve taking someone else's freedom away. Police by far take away more freedom than they claim to protect.

You americans and your fucked up police should just be genocided.

I'd say the same to you but you guys are already doing a good job of expediting your own genocide

fuck off black lives matter.

how about speeders take away my freedom to safety? and weed smokers take away my freedom to not have to be near weed smokers?

What is the first thing you think Sup Forums would do if the cops were gone, Faggot OP

Police cruelty is a meme. They are paid to target actual criminals, and honestly? They do that.

What you really need to be fighting against are the national guard and alphabetical agencies, but shhhh, the pigs will come and get you if you stop sharing kikebook memes :^)

This. You know, if it ever came down to real anarchy the anarchists would be the first to go

RIGHT WING DEATH SQUADS NOW

They don't "protect and serve" freedom.

>and weed smokers take away my freedom to not have to be near weed smokers?
Cognitive dissonance level: Bootlicker

This. Potheads smell like shit.

speeders and jay walkers endanger other people and not just themselves.

pot smokers could be argued don't hurt anyone else, but that is a fairly naive position that doesn't take into account the massive amount of violence involved in the drug trade.

But your main problem is blaming 'law enforcement' for the failings of the legislature. A good cop can't pick and choose which laws he wants to enforce. If you don't like the law, take it up with your legislature, not the cops. That's what separates children from adults.

nah bro. i'm the boot. you're the bootlicker.

this is an important point that everyone always overlooks

/thread

It's to protect the law abiders by removing the unlawful.

That's what their job is.

police are unconstitutional bureaucrats, theyre sole existence is an extortion racket, no due process, no corpus delicti. If you live in a place with police, leave and find somewhere you can legally elect a sheriff.

The population would be 13% smaller in a week.

>protect freedom
>haven't arrested hillary

Hmm

The police dont make laws.

Police don't "protect freedom" -- you made that lame shit up. The job of the police is to keep people from tearing each other to ribbons.

Too much common sense.

There's no contradiction when muh guns are part of the equation.

You don't know how close we are to the brink do you

Who ever said that police protect freedom? They exist to enforce laws that currently exist.

You say that like they wake up in the morning and say I'm going to take away someone's freedom today. You shouldn't have to worry about anything as long as you don't break the law. As soon as you think "should I be doing this, it's probably illegal" you probably should stop what your doing. Your actions dictate what happens in your life, your actions also dictate what they have to do in the situation you put yourself in.

>Sup Forums funds officer wilson's fundraiser
>Sup Forums is anti-cop

??????

Honestly its the other way around...There would be no niggers in America if it wasn't for the police

A
FUCKING
DOOR

>pot smokers could be argued don't hurt anyone else, but that is a fairly naive position that doesn't take into account the massive amount of violence involved in the drug trade.
in this case, its the law itself that causes the violence.

>the massive amount of violence involved in the drug trade.

Which would quickly be replaced by regulated and taxable corporations and cause cartels dealing pot to go extinct.

>Sup Forums is one person meme again

Jason?

Drug trade will be violent no matter what

Shhhhhh the goys are awakening

>Which would quickly be replaced by regulated and taxable corporations and cause cartels dealing pot to go extinct.
Yeah that's how it works, people will instantly stop buying cheap weed and go for more expensive taxed weed and not just continue buying cheap weed from Paco.

Their job has never been to "protect freedom". That is the job of the US military. The job of the police is to protect and serve THE COMMUNITY, by investigating and apprehending those who would breach its laws.

Tyrone how many times do I have to tell you to stop going on to the internet when you are high on greens?If you keep this up I will have to take away your KFC privilege.

it's an extension of the military meme

this country has been indoctrinated to pathologically worship members of the military and after 9/11 a similar thing started happening with the police

In Oregon the trade is still a thing because you can't buy in weight which more than a few people want plus sometimes the place just isn't open, regulation and taxation doesn't plug every hole. The demand creates the supply, with drugs, more supply will create more demand.

soldiers protect freedom
police enforce the law
both keep you safe in their own way if they do their job well and if you're not criminal scum or a terrorist

Yeah, pharmacies are renown for the incredible amounts of violence in them....

We're not talking about a drug where people will whore themselves, rob, assault and even murder others just to get another fix.

But the US military is the biggest threat to American freedom.

Yes, and no.

We have states where weed is legal, and there is still violence where growers and sellers are attacked, raided, & robbed. Alcohol is legal and has been since prohibition ended, yet liquor store clerk is one of the most dangerous jobs in the country.

But yes, if weed were legal, there would be less violence involved in the trade, however just like alcohol now, there would still be plenty of violence and destruction as pot heads are generally fuck ups.

dealers will prefer to sell legally and not get shot by the cops, after some point there wont be a black market for it

You know people go to Walmart for a reason right?No? Well let me break it to you, IT"S CHEAP.
Why would I spend 10 bucks on something in Wholefood while I can get it in Walmart for 6?

>tyrone

Yeah.. addictive drugs are well known for causing violence

they protect your freedom to not be bothered, inconvenienced, or hurt by criminals. ffs idiot learn about positive and negative freedoms.

Which weed is not.

Go back to primary school and learn how to read.

Hey bros, we watching Cops again tonight?

Who said they protect freedom? Who are you quoting?

Are you implying legalizing weed gets rid of the drugs that do make you whore yourself, rob, assault and even murder others?

There ARE places where you get legal weed from pharmacies, you know that, right? And killer drugs are still a problem. Drug trade didn't go away, didn't get less violent.

>duh, just legalize the hard drugs then!
And when they're out of money/hit their buying capacity/store runs out?

Actually they are, what do you think afghan was partly about?

>Yeah, pharmacies are renown for the incredible amounts of violence in them....

ackshually...

pill poppers are known to rob pharmacies fairly regularly.

debateable

Alcohol isn't "addictive" but Alcoholics exist

>Be Aussie
>said weed is not addictive
>Implying there aren't people doing anything they can just to get some.

mfw you visit fucking San Francisco.

They're misanthropes that choose a career where they enter a contract with the state that allows them to brutalize and lock humans in cages in exchange for extorting money from people on behalf of the state. Only good pig is a dead pig tbqhf

The job of the police is to protect you from individuals who wish to infringe on your rights; and to protect the public order.

Essentially they're nothing more than the 21st century version of the city guard, but with more rules, and regulations.

I wasn't talking about hard drugs.

It wasn't solely about weed. Learn to read.

Find me a study showing a casual link between legal weed usage and violent crime.

Yes, it is very much addictive, thats why hard, regular drinkers get DTs, among other things, when they quit.....

And there are fat fucks who do anything to get another burger... speaking of Americans....

Complete lack of willpower doesn't imply physiological addiction.

The land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy.

>wasn't talking about hard drugs
>it wasn't solely about weed

Why do we ever fucking reply to Australia

whats with the pharmacist

Why do they have to be 2 and a half feet higher then everyone else..Clear out everybody I'm working with pills here..Im taking it from this big bottle and putting it in this little bottle..Thats my whole job

And I can't be down on the floor with you people.

JEW HUMOR

Fuck off OP

Alcohol is only addictive after it changes brain chemistry which happens with weed.

I'm old enough to have seen a weed addict

I don't know about you, but I have never seen anyone rob a McDonald just for an extra Big Mac.
But I do see drug trader got shot in the ally way and got their drug robed.

Also
>Complete lack of willpower doesn't imply physiological addiction.
So I guess people who are addict of Heroin who wants to get off is just lacking willpower huh?
Remind me that who need to go back to primary school again?

>weed

I was talking about the opium kiwi

think of them more as zoo keepers
the shitlibs let some of the animals out if they don't kill anyone for a length of time
then after they killsomeone outside of a cage the police catch them and put them back into a cage forever.

>lol only gubment can do things xD

Because they make it safe for you to walk down the street, by arresting the niggers.

Choosing to become an leo is choosing to enforce a myriad of unnecessary and unconstitutional laws.

Choosing to be a cop = choosing to be a tool of the state.

Like it or not, they ARE culpable.

Pro tip: they don't.

>Wanting to inhale psychodelic fumes
>Wanting your children to become addicted
Retard.

Shut up Achmed

Why do I see so many people defending speeding here? Yeah going a couple miles over the speed limit really isn't the end of the world, but are you seriously going to pretend that going 90mph in a 30 zone isn't dangerous?

By giving people consequences for infringing on other peoples rights... fucking dumbass

Afghan wasn't solely about weed.

I wasn't talking solely hard drugs. Learn to read, retard.

Yeah, and I wasn't.

Weed is literally incapable of causing physical addiction.

Heroin causes physiological addiction. Hamburgers and weed don't.

You're all a bunch of retards. Learn to read.

The only issue I have with speeding is that everyone does it, even cops. I refuse to speed because it provides cops with the freedom to fuck with me more easily. Plus, I dislike the fact that cops essentially provide implied permission to speed through the example they set, but then they'll hypocritically nail you with a ticket. I know it's just a quota thing, but it sucks. The speed limit needs to reflect reality, not the other way around. Instead of 65, let me do 75. But they won't because CA needs the revenue.

prisons are built from Law. whore houses are built from Religion.

I agree with the weed thing. And J walking is stupid.

But speeding? I know people who've fucking died from speeders. I'm so sick of people using that as an example. Going 5-10 miles over? Go ahead. Any more? Fuck you. You're a selfish piece of shit if you do that.

Please expand on that a little.

You put literally in front so you're definitely right

My buddies who let weed control their lives for 10 years were just weak..Thanks for raising my consciousness

what about my fucked?

Foolish sheep believe the police exist to protect them. They exist to enforce the power of the government.

>I know people who've fucking died from speeders.
Lol, j-walkers
>Going 5-10 miles over? Go ahead
>Any more? Fuck you
Lol so where exactly do you stand on this issue? Somewhere between giving a fuck and not at all?

There is no freedom without law and order.
Autism thread.

>There is no freedom without law and order
Factually incorrect, but I guess I shouldn't blame a Canadian for being completely retarded.

>violence
>from weed

Nope.

Also knock it off with this whole they will police themselves nonsense. The only way police will ever be held accountable for their actions is if the police force is largely privatized.

intention:
>restrict and remove freedom of those who would restrict and remove the freedom of others (lesser of two evils)
actual:
>shoot niggers and issue tickets

>How exactly does a speeder
Speed limits are put in place for a reason. Speeding is endangering the lives of other people regardless of whether or not every instance results in injury or death.

>weed smoker
Smoking weed has been proven countless times to cause permanent brain damage, lowering the level at which weed smokers function on a day to day basis and, by extension, lowering the productivity and safety of the community they're in. Should it be legal for me to physically cripple myself and live off of taxpayer money for the rest of my life?

>or j walker take away other people's freedom
Much like speeding, this is directly endangering the lives of other people. Walking out in the middle of the road can easily cause oncoming traffic to swerve out of the way at high speeds when they normally wouldn't.

>Speed limits are put in place for a reason. Speeding is endangering the lives of other people regardless of whether or not every instance results in injury or death
Speed limits are to help dumbass, unaware civilians and unattended children. Literally nothing of value, if they can't be bothered to think of self-preservation it shouldn't be the State's job.

>Smoking weed has been proven countless times to cause permanent brain damage
"countless times"? Do you have a single source proving this?
>lowering the level at which weed smokers function on a day to day basis and, by extension, lowering the productivity and safety of the community they're in. Should it be legal for me to physically cripple myself and live off of taxpayer money for the rest of my life?
What about the people who build their careers off smoking weed? Or all the jobs that are created to cultivate/distribute it domestically? You sound like an uninformed reactionary dipshit.

>Much like speeding, this is directly endangering the lives of other people
No, their own ignorance is endangering their life.

If you have the freedom to kill me or steal from me and receive no punishment for it that is not freedom, that's anarchy.

You need to look up the definition of freedom

They don't protect your freedom. They protect your life and your shit.

Are you a cuck?
Are you implying there shouldn't be laws?
What careers have been built from smoking weed?
All money made from drugs such as weed is still illegal to federal law.
Now go get cucked you dirty whore.