How does diversity strengthen a nation?

How does diversity strengthen a nation?

I'm not even trying to shitpost right now. I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to think of a single way diversity strengthens a nation in any way.

The only thing I can come up with is we get really dank foods from all over the world, but I don't think that really counts.

Thoughts, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because all races are the same but race doesnt exist

It doesn't. The people that spout that shit all live in areas with very little economic or racial diversity.

Social cohesion is eroded and people withdraw when an area becomes too racially diverse. It's always been this way. People are tribal no matter how much we, well white people anyway, try to suppress our instincts.

When you invite in different cultures, religions, and methods of doing things, you are subject to a wide array of ideas from which you can pick and chose the best and refine them.

It is arrogant and ignorant at best to think that the USA was able to achieve all that it has in fields from science to literature without being a melting pot and inviting in all cultures and ideas from around the world.

Look up bowling alone by robert Putnam. It will refute diversity more empirically than anything here.

Haha dude, just think of all the different foods!

Because the British haven't totally been importing Indian spices and food for 350 years longer than they've been importing Indian people!

More like the cultural garbage dump of the world

After Alexander died - Macedonia empire fall apart - because nobody want different culture

Mongol Empire collapse because rebellion of Han(chinese) Race

Ottoman Empire go to be disunited because Egyptian start rebellion

Austria-Hungary empire is fall apart- because Austrians build something and Slav gypsy ruin it consistently

Eastern Europe refuse Moscow regime and that disorganize Soviet Union

Read a History book

Diversity is good

When has Trump ever campaigned against or spoken ill of diversity?

I swear these people only get their political information from emojis and shitposting bloggers.

It doesn't l.
See: Rome.

What people mean by that is breaking down racial barriers and uniting. Obviously you and I know diversity only increases racial tension, but that's not what we were taught in school.

>pick and chose the best and refine them
Nothing wrong with that. It could be said that the USA created a unique culture from this.

Modern diversity calls for the repression of the white culture from the melting pot.

Diversity on a macro level is actually pretty bad. Diversity does have benefits when it comes to problem solving teams and decision making in a corporate context, but in a societal one its pretty damaging.

Putnam's work is one of the biggest red pills in my opinion, that and selectorate theory.

archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/

It may sound stormfrontish but
>Diversity = Anti-white

No "minority" or "non-white" country endorses diversity or makes it an issue. It is literally degenerate left traitors trying to undermine the Nation our forefathers built by taking the dwindling accomplishments and claiming they can produce the same results when whites are not in control.

The World is a perfect example of how single majority race nations pan out given their backgrounds. Whites prospers, yellows also prosper but in a horrifying cruel manner, darkies are violent or so pathetic inept they are in a constant flux of civil wars and genocides.

GenXfag here. Just as a datapoint, I remember in '87 my teacher was telling me diversity is our greatest strength, and when I asked her to explain, all she had were fee fees. They've been pushing this shit since the 60s.

>How does diversity strengthen a nation?
This is a coded phrase "diversity is our strength". It means relatively nothing if you stop for a moment and think about.

Precisely what do they mean by "diversity"? We know that it cannot possibly mean cultural diversity as even a super homogeneous nation like Japan has dozens of subcultures, countercultures, regional cultures, etc etc to create this.

What they forcefully mean is "racial diversity" in a sense beyond something being merely racially diverse. They want to destroy identity entirely if it means: "White, Heterosexual." They have no other objectives. This "diversity" shit they spew has nothing to do with "goodness of intention" that some people here grant them, on the contrary, they have been programmed into a knee jerk hatred of anything against the agenda of extinction of identity.

Why else do they continually support anti-identity in the West? They are 100% supportive of Muslims for example but are continually harassing Christians. They are not interested in diversity, tolerance, or respect - these are buzzwords covering up the reality.

You just need to realize they are a single minded horde who have all tuned into the same message and are going to do whatever it takes to achieve it UNLESS you stand your ground and resist despite everything.

They cannot handle someone reasonably pushing back at them. They cannot handle someone civilly opposing them because they themselves have dehumanized their opposition. If you behave as a human you will notice their inflections coming to terms and debating with their own egotistical sense of "morality" on your humanity.

It is actually frightening to think about but we can't allow ourselves to be governed by fear.

Never sink to their level, rise above as a champion, rise above and overcome them!

Unity is strength. Diversity is divisive.

"Diversity" works in the sense that there are many different people inside the umbrella of ONE dominant culture.

>wanting to stop illegal immigration and immigration from areas that are high risk for producing terrorists that will murder your citizens means you are anti-diversity

Can this meme just fucking die already Jesus Christ

>The people that spout that shit all live in areas with very little economic or racial diversity.
Bingo. People just say this shit for the sake of virtue signaling when their lives are too sheltered.

It's just like how you don't become truly racist until you spend time around blacks and realize how horrible they are. The only way to redpill leftist faggots is for them to get killed by muslims for long enough to finally draw the line

>diversity

Diversity exists everywhere. Those coming from California are of a much different style of living, speaking, and even behaving than those from say, Georgia. Diversity has always existed this is an artificial form of diversity aimed at directly assaulting identity itself.

Europe proves that even letting the Mudslimes rape and murder en masse still doesn't redpill leftist shills though.

diversity is weakness. unity is strength.

Diversity = letting friendly Muslims from Syria in. But you can't acuse them of anything or you're racist.

This. Diversity is good if everyone accepted and listened to each other, without forming cliques.
On a small scale, this is easy to resist.
On a large scale, voters just vote their own race.

Diversity isn't necessarily a strength or a weakness.

They're an exception. British food is so bad that they had to conquer half the world just to find something new to eat.

Well, I get it, America's economic power was partially built on immigration, but I'd say it's more about low minimum wage and outsourcing jobs to Chinese people who get paid 0.25 an hour.

America's strength comes from capitalism and outsourcing jobs to poor kids in third world countries.

Did you know your founding fathers wanted "white men of good character" to be the immigrants of your nation?

You're not a united population anymore. A house divided cannot stand.

you could make a strong case the cause of the divide in our country is because of diversity. If you have a mixed bag of races, religions, beliefs, political agendas, etc... you're going to have conflict.

>America's strength comes from capitalism and outsourcing jobs to poor kids in third world countries.

We were not doing that during our expansionist era you half-wit Mexican. The era that built our greatness was built on the backs of American labor.

The out-sourcing trend is relatively "new" and is going to be stopped very soon.

>America's strength comes from capitalism and outsourcing jobs to poor kids in third world countries.
close. wall street's strength comes from that. but they are just a tiny piece of america.

Uh, no. Australia has one of the most diverse pop's and has benefited from same. It is why we are the master-class baristas. :-)

spic is just mad because he's getting deported in november

DIVIDED WE WIN-UNITED WE LOSE
DUUH!

Jews want weak nations. So they said weak is strong, get strong. Just simple lying, nothing fancy.

Maybe not yet, but the rise of far-right parties in Germany and the fact that brexit happened are indicators that people are finally getting fed up. I hope they get it together and stop being spineless cucks before it's too late.

Do you think all the Brit's learned how to cook Indian before going home from the Raj? They took Indian (servants?) with them i.e. diversity!

>tiny bit
How retarded are you?

"...and some, I assume, are good."
"...stop all Muslim immigration..."

Diversity of ideas are definitely a good thing. How that relates to ethnicities. Idk.

>How does diversity strengthen a nation?

It doesn't. I'm not shitposting either. There is literally 0 advantage to diversity.

Indeed! It was the American kids who were being paid 25 cents (per week, probably) - and that is how Capitalism is supposed to work.

It isn't, you can have a couple of minorities that assimilate to American culture and life and their kids will be be even more Americanized but what liberals want is a fuck ton of different and inevitably conflicting cultures forcibly living together at any cost.

Its a delusion, diversity the way liberals want it is madness and suicidal and they're so deep into social justice and virtue signalling that they'll die before ever admitting they're.

As for is minorities in this country who truly care about it, we need to help the whites finish this PC monster before it all goes to shit.

Woah, look at all those ellipsis! Surely none of those unsourced and out of context quotes could be misused!

Brb, writing a Buzzfeed article about this. Can I use you as a source?

>go to Sup Forums
>every thread is a copypasta repost

>go to Sup Forums
>every thread is a copypasta repost

>diversity of ideas
>he fell for the diversity = innovation meme

Don't credit "diversity" over cherry picking
Australia's unique geography + good politicians handling immigration made it great

How is it a repost? It's a 4 hours old tweet that I screenshot 20 minutes ago.

Are you okay, user?

> Diversity is good if everyone accepted and listened to each other, without forming cliques.
No, this is an extra cost, an extra demand placed on people that didn't have to be there. There is no contra-benefit from other cultures. The whole point of a culture is it incubates itself. Any time there is cultural mixing there is cultural destruction simply because of the displacement created by the need to accommodate the mix. If no mixing had taken place, the previous culture would have had extra space to grow into.

Welcome to Sup Forums
Hope you like it ;^)

guess i've got brain problems

> Hey, guys, that thing that is dividing us all up so much, yeah, you guessed it, it's also our strongest feature. Fucking cool right?

The idea is different cultures provide different perspectives/solutions to problems and you can pick the best one.

The reality is the conflict between disparate cultures forced into close proximity by far negates any supposed advantage.

Racial diversity means nothing unless someone is bringing a talent from a foreign culture.
"Diversity" strengthens a nation because men with two different skills can create more than they can alone

I don't understand. Why would having people with very different cultures, religions, belief systems, and understandings of patriotism affect societal cohesion in any way?

>What is Rome?

>like 90% White
>one of the most diverse
If by White ethnicities, then yes. The more non-White we become, however, the worse we'll become.

>Diversity (in your countries) is (((our))) greatest strength.

Now it should make more sense. Nobody worries about the meddling Jews when they are fighting each other and afraid of the next terror attack.

>But even after statistically taking them all into account, the connection remained strong: Higher diversity meant lower social capital. In his findings, Putnam writes that those in more diverse communities tend to "distrust their neighbors, regardless of the color of their skin, to withdraw even from close friends, to expect the worst from their community and its leaders, to volunteer less, give less to charity and work on community projects less often, to register to vote less, to agitate for social reform more but have less faith that they can actually make a difference, and to huddle unhappily in front of the television."
"People living in ethnically diverse settings appear to 'hunker down' -- that is, to pull in like a turtle," Putnam writes.

You have terrible reading comprehension.

Engineers routinely bounce ideas off each other, having different people is almost always a benefit, especially on large projects.

Nice succinct explanation. Thanks, 'straya.

>all libruls are the same
>kek

Quit lopping regressive shit stains in with the rest of us.

I dislike Muslims as much as the next guy and I'm a 'liberal'. SJWs aren't even liberals, they're authoritarian trash that deserve to be culled.

because niggers in everything.

rome eventually fell in part due to a bunch of violent barbarians

Didn't chinks and Irishmen build your railroads?

Literally all big American companies have factories in China, basically everywhere Americans own is made in China.

Americans only work comfy jobs with decent pay.

>Putnam's findings reject both theories. In more diverse communities, he says, there were neither great bonds formed across group lines nor heightened ethnic tensions, but a general civic malaise. And in perhaps the most surprising result of all, levels of trust were not only lower between groups in more diverse settings, but even among members of the same group.
>"Diversity, at least in the short run," he writes, "seems to bring out the turtle in all of us."

Let that sink in. Just having other races within a community causes social isolation towards members of their own race.

Except it almost never works that way

Instead what happens are people with different views clash with one another and further polarize themselves from one another.

A liberal wants you to believe that both
a) strength lies in diversity
b) we are all the same

The only thing those two completely contradicting ideas have in common is that a liberal will use them as weapons to push their Marxist agenda.

Liberals want you to believe that both

A) the white race is an inferior race that relied on African slave labor to build the world
B) the superior African man was enslaved by the inferior white man and built his world

The only thing those two contradicting ideas have in common is that they are weapons used to push the Marxist agenda

The white man rules the world. That's how it's always been and that's how it will always be. We aren't going anywhere. The rat outbreeds the lion but the lion does not fear the rat.

The white race has been doing exceptionally well without diversity for thousands of years and we will do exceptionally well without it for thousands more. Remember, they push diversity in your culture, not theirs.

>grow up with almost no white people other than family
>this describes me to a T

The ride never ends.

As a NZer, Aus isn't diverse for shit.
Diversity is trash, I went to a school in Auckland where white kids were easily

There are two different types of diversity. Melting Pot and Salad Bowl. Melting pot is what built America into the greatest nation in the world. Bring us your good shit from your culture, take our good shit, let's become one and be better for it. This is how the Irish and Italians became white. It's how Asians managed to come here and outperform whites in many ways.

Then there is salad bowl. Instead of give and take, you come here and don't change and everybody else has to adjust to your presence. Instead of one nation, you create a thousand little ones. These nations will never be at peace for the same reason the world is never at peace. If we aren't one, we have different goals and priorities and we are in competition with each other.

I have no problem with Mexican people here. I'm for unrestricted immigration from Mexico as long as we background check for criminals and build a wall to keep them out. But if instead we have a scenario where they come here illegally and now I can't find a job because some people are working under the table and not paying taxes...we are in competition and the presence of these immigrants is an economic threat to me and my family. How am I a bad person for not liking that situation?

Diversity only makes us stronger if we are an US instead of 1000 different subgroups all prevented from interaction via a taboo against sharing with each other. (aka, cultural appropriation).

You can blame shit on jews? Or niggers.

seems way too late its just the last gasp of a dying race

It doesn't. It's a meme from the days before the word "meme" even existed. Diversity just means bickering parties that can be turned against one another for control.

You'll notice that the same people who push diversity on us as a "strength" also adopt policies and use language which maximizes friction between those groups. This is not an accident.

Diversity is Jew-speak for "divide and conquer."