Neon Demon

What a bunch of 2deep4u bullcrap

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vzN3qO-qc8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How so? I honestly think it's Refn's least pretentious film. It's the most lighthearted one he's made and really doesn't take itself too seriously, and a lot of it is clearly tongue in cheek shit. OGF is easily his most "2deep4u" film but it's still good

it's pretty on the nose actually
you're just retarded

How much better would this movie have been if it was by Renny Harlin director of Driven?

In 2016, Nicolas Winding Refn released this, Neon Demon, his most stylish film. I think this undisputed masterpiece, a film so entertaining, most people probably don't read the subtext. But they should, because it's not just about the dynamics of female competition, and what women do to conform to beauty standards, it's also a personal statement about the fashion industry itself.
I agree. OGF had no real substance.

Correction; Drive was his least pretentious film.

So deep

Black Swan did the same story better.

Does anyone else think that the roles of Sarah and Jesse were switched? It doesn't make sense that everyone obsessed so much about Elle Fanning, she isn't that pretty.
Drive wasn't pretentious but it wasn't particularly deep either, it was just an action flick with nice aesthetics. Neon Demon actually has depth. OGF pretended to be deep but it was not.
I didn't watch Black Swan and my post was half serious half parody. See this:
youtube.com/watch?v=vzN3qO-qc8U

Its a completely different story. holy fuck the only similarities they have are female protagonists and there's blood.

>doesn't understand OGF

Why did you tag me, I know American Psycho. I don't see the connection though

And yeah Abbey Lee was way hotter.

I was paraphrasing Bateman's ramble about Huey Lewis' "Hip to be square"
>le 2 deep 4 u
kek

>It's the most lighthearted one he's made and really doesn't take itself too seriously

Wow I totally mistook this for something other than a comedy film, haha my bad now I can see the marvellous humor in it.

Truly a genius of comedy.

I don't understand, why would you do that?

I secretly identify with Bateman :^)

you have shit taste

This movie is insane on acid.

why the fuck would you waste an acid trip on a movie, you fucking cucklord.

Probably enhances both experiences. Not that I know, I don't consume mind altering substances. That's for the untermensch.

It was actually three movies.

Neon Demon
Coraline
Song of the Sea

You must be fun at parties.

Yeah it's total shit. Ellie Fanning is ugly and weird looking.

Upvoted.

Great to see someone that agrees with me. Having NWR treat her as some outwordly beauty broke the immersion, specially because of the other girls there. If they were uglier it would have been more credible.

I think it's more about her innocence/purity factor. The other girls looked like they could be roasties.

>Neon Demon
>deep

It's as shallow as a pond.

exactly, and that's the point
which makes it deep

>The Dag
>a roastie

Eat SCHLANGER

Is there a movie that cause more asspain on Sup Forums than Neon Demon? Eraserhead is only other one i can think of.

This is what happens when you have a board filled with mostly capeshit.

Black Swan is just a shitty Perfect Blue though

I have literally never even heard this board talk about Eraserhead, therefore you are a fucking liar.

They're literally nothing alike thematically you stupid Sup Forumsedditor

This board bitches about Eraserhead all the time and its always
>i didnt understand so its shit

It's not deep though. Refn is too stupid to make anything other than surface level pseud shit.

Fuck this board is a joke.