goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2016/05/13/comic-book-legends-revealed-575/2/

So what do you guys make out of this?

>Andrea Beaumont MOTHER is the head of the Valestra mob AND is the Red Hood

Shit reveal. Typical of Slott

>Dan Slott
>DC

when did this happen

Casual out

He wrote an Arkham Asylum mini and The Batman Adventures ongoing, he was in DC before he went full-on Marvel

I've never read any "Batman Adventures" comics and in the light of this reveal, I'm glad I didn't.

See, the DCAU is pretty fucking awesome in itself. "Mask of the Phantasm" is pretty much a GOAT Batman story, and the 2nd best Batman movie of all time after Batman Returns. You DON'T use that material to spout shit nonsense.

If you know "Mask of the Phantasm", you know if makes no fucking sense that Andrea Beaumont's mother survived. No way "young guy who will become the Joker" would miss a kill like that. And why in cold hell who Andrea's mother succeed to hide so successfully but would refuse to hide her daughter from despair and orphancy after her father's death?

It's just nonsense and a bad reveal. Just as nonsensical and terrible the last DCAU-related comics was with the "Bruce knocks up Batgirl just after her getting with Dick, but then Barbara gets a free abortion by being kicked in the guts by thugs she would normally have been able to kill in her sleep" storyline.

I'm not even "mad". Just "hacks being hacks", I guess? Taking the name recognition of a successful run and using it horribly to stroke their own ego.

Then you would tell me:
>Classic Slott
And ye would be right.

>I've never read any "Batman Adventures" comics and in the light of this reveal, I'm glad I didn't.

That's a bummer, because the comic actually did a lot of cool shit. It had a great confrontation between Batman and Joe Chill and it was where the whole "reformed Riddler becomes private detective" idea comes from.

So, when exactly does Batman Adventures turn to shit? I have fond memories of reading the first 2-3 trades, but I do know things got awfully wanky in the last few years of that title.

Man you're missing. Volumen 1 of Batman Adventures is at par with the series, it has great stories like the debut of Harley, Anarky story, and much more, it something really beautiful. You should read it

It doesn't. Stays pretty solid throughout.

Volumen 2 is when it turn to shit,ie the volumen with the TNBA designs

Also everyone should read this. It's written by Dini and it's a nice sequel to Mask of the Phantasm

You're missing out on some good comics, then. Probably one of the few things that managed to capture the tone of the DCAU well. considering this plotline never really made it to the final comic, why hold it against it?

Even the idea f bringing back the Red Hood thing got legs latter on as Jason Todd's gimmick, as hacky as it is.

Its divided into a few different titles. Generally the last of it,; i.e. the latter years of Gotham adventures and Batman adventures v2(the subject of this) are all considered really good.

It really doesn't. There's some wonky stuff that "explains" some of the redesigns like Catwoman and Poison Ivy, but the actual writing is still fine.

I want to read it now.

Anyone got a story time scan ready? Or a torrent

Eh. I'll do it

>Dan Slott

Stopped there. He has the capacity to write a decent story, but every chance he has he makes things as shitty as he possibly can. Fucking hate his fat smug ass.

Keep in mind that this story was made after Dini was mugged, so the impact that this story has in a major one

Slott was good on that run though.

is any of it good

His Batman stuff is solid.

The End

Thanks OP.

>Died of diabetes
>Mike was one of the sweetest people

>NOT MUH! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Kill yourself, user.

To be fair user got a point. Slott would have revealed a shit tier reveal with the Red Hood stuff, in not way Andrea's mother was important to the DCAU or to Mask of The Phantasm

>Batman Returns is the best Batman movie of all time

Finally someone on Sup Forums with some fucking taste.

I vaguely remember this one. IIRC, this cover was misleading as hell, correct?

Crap, didn't read the rest if this thread. Ah well, disregard this then.

A lot of his stuff is good, it's just his Spider-Man stuff that's shit. And that's only because he's been on the book for so long. Even the bests of writers would start to stink.

That was really not worth the build up

Any idea can sound like shit. It's about the execution.

Pretty much. This is why writers tend to be hesitant to reveal stuff they planned to do. It'll lack execution and will be torn apart even though it was never even done.