Realtalk now...

Realtalk now, after three seasons Whedon would have derailed the plot with some retarded melodramatic and convoluted romance-lore. Seasons four and five would have been unbearable, and by the time it finally had its series finale everyone would have been wishing it had been cancelled after season 2.

Probably accurate

But a couple more years of prime Morena and Jewel

ayy

Everything Joss touches turns to shit eventually, and yet he somehow still gets work. Its a real mystery

bububububullshit. you can speculate that for any show, but some have enough worldbuilding and character dynamic to change stuff up and keep it interesting. Seeing the elements in Serenity, they obviously had a slew of characters and plots they wanted to develop. My thinking is that it basically would have had the ideas and twists angel had in seasons 3-5. So Mal would have ended up meeting his long lost son, River would have died and become a vessel for some A.I., Simon would become a badass and betray the others, and of course in the end the ship would have been destroyed.

>Long ago Whedon actually made a good show

What went so wrong?

I liked 5 seasons of angel and 7 seasons of buffy, so I don't think so.

I guess I did only like 0 seasons of Dollhouse though.

Whedon has never made anything good!
Trump 2008!

Everything in Dollhouse that wasn't episodic story of the week stuff was pure kino. The problem is that was only like 10% of it though.

t. guy who didn't watch past the first five episodes

Seriously, go fuck yourself and then kill your self-fucked body.

>"i aim... to misbehave"
That quote made literally no sense in that context. It's painfully obvious Whedon had been saving it for some time and wanted to use it and this was his last chance

He makes good shows. Then he ruins them. Thats his MO

I still liked Angel though, even though it got pretty bad

Even looking past your objectively wrong opinions, the sequel comic "seasons," written by himself, are evidence enough of how much worse they would inevitably have become.

That's not really true - Buffy fell off the rails after season 3; Angel was always a bit of a clusterfuck. We can see by whedon's track record that we are lucky he didn't get to finish Firefly. As it is, he destroyed the entire thing (if you consider serenity as canon).

Never read any of the comics.
I don't think a comic season after 7 tv series seasons would be a good metric of how a second season of a tv show would turn out though.

Season 4 was bad, but it got better after that.

And S4 still had good moments like Hush.

The comics are kind of unfair though, because thats what shit turns into when it's all Joss. For a TV show there's usually other people involved to rein him in.

Without strong curbing, joss pisses all over himself. And whenever joss wants 'drama', he kills a character. Quality writer. Indeed.

You and the person you're responding to speak shit.

Not really: we got the whole 'willow is GAY' thing which makes no sense in context. Pure virtue-signalling crap. They dump interesting and somewhat complex characters for a mopey lesbian love-interest, a (literally) made-up sister, and a semen-demon. THEN, every girl on the planet becomes a slayer, more blatant selling-out to his perceived pre-tumblerina audience.
I admire your dedication; I must respectfully disagree.

Willow being gay was technically foreshadowed in the doppelganger episode, which also had enough of backlash that Joss had to correct it by having a non-evil lesbian

Why was the theme song so bad?
It's got to be one of the reasons it rated poorly, people just switched off right at the opening credits.

TAKE MY LOVE

It was bad, but the first time I watched it I marathoned it with 3 friends and we started singing a long with the intro.

Angel and Buffy had great theme songs, but nothing fun like that.

The only reason it was so good is because Josh had a good idea and then stepped back and let a bunch of other people do the rest of the work.

If you listen to the commentaries they talk about how he got pissed about them changing a lot of things, and you find out he really wasn't there at all except to direct the last episode.

It's why the show's so good, and Serenity's so blah.

That explains a lot, I watched Serenity first and was surprised that River didn't kick anyone's ass during the show itself. Joss' high school femdom fetish strikes again.

It's whatever, you autist

YOU CANT TAKE THE SKY FROM ME

A lot of TV writers are too afraid to upset the balance of the show. Joss has the opposite problem. He thinks it's great to kill of pivotal characters and up-end what the show's about.
Sometimes he's right.
I'm glad Firefly happened like it did though.
It will always be a perfect parcel. A scrappy production that just about managed to scrape through and tell its story, about a scrappy crew that just managed to scrape through and tell their story.
Can't wait for my daughter to be old enough to enjoy it with me.

>Serenity's so blah.
You had a really good post going there but completely fucked up the ending.

Even if it was half as good on third season, I would still watch it.

Joss is such a legit SJW asshole that I actually think he would have been making Jayne suck dick and Kaylee would be having Zoe's baby somehow by now if the show continued.
He used to make good shows but he's all about the virtue signalling now.

Is he, dare I say it, /JossWhedon/?

It's not bad, I just don't like where it took everybody. Basically, it's the fact that Joss sucked all the warmth, and fun out of it.

Thinking back, there is a lot of cool shit in it, but whenever I go for a rewatch, I tend to shy away from the movie.

That's what I mean by blah.

Yeah, but do you know what DIDN'T foreshadow Willow being gay?
The entire first 3 seasons......

fair enough. It's got its flaws and its budget shows, but I'll always remember that first watch in the cinema. My gf at the time shouted "NO!!" when Wash died (she was never usually like that), and I honestly believed, for one of the only rimes ever, that the whole cast might die to do what needed to be done.
So for that it'll always get a pass from me on some of its missteps.

The Wish was season 3 episode 9

What's yer point? Vampire stories have almost always played up the forbidden sex angle. Of course wil and xan are gonna be a bit pervy as vampires in an alternate universe. There is no real foreshadowing of muff-diving there....and don't forget who Willow's boyfriend is thruout season 3.
>inb4 Willow's into bestiality.....