Civil War

Hey Sup Forums let's talk about what we didn't like about this movie.

Overall I liked it but there were a couple of gripes I had with it.

Did it bother anyone else that Falcon brutally murders at least 5 of crossbones guys in the first scene? I thought these guys didn't kill anyone no matter what

>I thought these guys didn't kill anyone no matter what
Where the fuck did you get that from? All of the Avengers have killed in battle since day one.

You realize that a good chunk of them are military/special ops right?

And what about the vial crossbones was after? Once Natasha got ahold of it, it was never seen again.

It wasn't important to the rest of the story. It was some other scheme he had that they thwarted.

If you've watched any of the previous films that's a fairly erroneous conclusion to draw. Also, his kills weren't even particularly brutal. He just shot them.

it's in DC where they don't kill
and Daredevil

Klaw getting Kucked.

Ross being an up-tight Gyrich-lite grump instead of muh hapless husbando.

Bucky ending up in Wakanda and bringing all of his baggage with him.

Basically it made me paranoia for Panther's movie on several fronts.

Sun God pls leave. You failed.

>Bucky ending up in Wakanda and bringing all of his baggage with him.
what?

theyre keeping his frozen body in Wakanda
I thought its gonna play a role in Panther's movie though

Bucky was the best character in this movie (not by much) but still I'd love to see more winter soldier in the BP movie.

why were there 2 government guys named ross?
hobbit guy and thunderbolt ross?

I assume they are related? Not sure though all I know is that Everett ross is a character in the comics

all I wanna know is if Hulk's qt elf gf is ever coming back
her dad did

Coincidence.
"Thunderbolt" Ross is a Hulk villain.
Everett Ross is basically a hapless sidekick from the State Department who follows T'Challa around in Priest's Black Panther run.

I'm worried that the "let them try" line is going to be indicative of the Black Panther movie's entire basis, i.e. it's gonna be about the 'murican govmint coming after Bucky.
Fuck that. Wakanda for the Wakandans. Give me a standalone Black Panther story, as little MCU synergy as possible.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Zemo was boring. Heroes could have just talked to eachother. Didn't really feel like a war. Why didn't Cap die? Where did the whole registration act thing go?

can bp work as a movie without a white devil bad guy?

therell be a cool and colorful black villain that wears a costume but then itll be revealed hes just a pawn for an old white guy in a suit

absolutely nowhere. there was no point to having that lady bitch to tony about her kid dying, tony didnt give a fuck at the end.

Why was Cap in the first Avengers movie and not Ant-Man or Wasp? Why weren't the GotG formed by Annihilation? Why is Loki so pretty?

>Klaw getting Kucked.
What? Klaw wasn't even in the movie.

They obviously built up Klaw to be the main villain of the BP movie back in Agents of Ultron, but we'll probably see Man-Ape as the token Wakandan villain

What they could do is combine Bucky's presence, not killing Zemo, T'Challa's young age, and his less xenophobic views to create a conflict between him and his subjects.

Zemo definitely could have been done better but he was still decent

If cap died they would have just had to bring him back with an infinity stone and ruin the impact. Let them kill off a bunch of hero's in infinity war to let the new avengers in.

And the hero act didn't go away. What I think based on the end of the movie is that Tony is going to lead his government run avengers and Steve is going to run his secret avengers with black panther acting as a middle man in between since he is now a king the government can hardly touch him .

Negro 90% of his villains are black.
And the BP movie villain's already going to be the one white guy so the point's moot.
I' thinking the opposite actually .Klaw's got fucking nothing going for him now, so he'll be the victim of manipulation from inside Wakanda.

>Where did the whole registration act thing go?
It didn't go anywhere. It's still in place at the end, with Tony, Rhodey, and Vision as the only government-sanctioned superheroes.

They removed the one last combustable element from his relationship with T'Challa, after Whedon had already made someone else cut off his hand.

>Did it bother anyone else that Falcon brutally murders at least 5 of crossbones guys in the first scene?
They're fucking terrorist mercenaries.

Go back to Switzerland you neutral-loving fuck.

And black panther and spiderman and possibly widow?

I'd be fine with that. Bucky as a background Mcguffin that's only casually referenced, not utilized at all.

1. My autism is killing me when Team Cap is running towards the quinjet and when the angle of the shot changes, Ant-Man swaps his place with Bucky. I can't believe they didn't see this.
2. Vision was underused in the airport fight. I was kind of wondering before the movie on how they are going to stop him in that fight, but desu there was nothing to stop as the only thing he did were a)Phasing through based giANTS; b)crippling Rhodey
3. It wasn't 10h long

I'd say life in that underwater supervillian prison would be a worse fate then death

>Black Panther
He's a sovereign king.

>Spider-Man
Yeah right.

>Widow
She's wanted for aiding and abetting.

I don't really give a shit when they're trying to steal biological weapons in a crowded city.

I had the same wonder about Vision. Leading theory is that he was just overseeing the battle making sure nobody got hurt or got away (only for Wanda's injury to distract him at the end).

Cap was completly wrong and comes off kinda bad. His side made sense in the comics but in the Film he was 100% wrong.

Theyve been shooting motherfuckers left and right for a few movies now which is weird.

Honestly would've made more sense if they weren't killing people left and right if they're not under the accords. Doing that to terrorists you could bring in for information or just killing with super powers/gadgets without being given the order to sounds like something that'd make registration come a hell of a lot faster.

He also has no intentions of passing on the BP suit and at the start of the movie he tells black widow he had signed the accords already. And why the fuck not spiderman? He's going to do whatever the hell Tony tells him to

What was it like in the comics?

theyve been shooting mooks left and right
their leaders have all killed themselves, accidentally killed themselves, or got away

1. Crossbones only lasts for a few minutes of the first act of the movie.

2. Zemo was underrated. I seriously believe they misused both Zemo and Crossbones. They should of have been related, instead of being their own parties. That could have connected more or less to the story in the comics.

3. Zemo wasn't a Baron. He was just a random guy. They could have used a totally unrelated character for his role.

4. Cap didn't actually die.

What? Even Tony admits cap was right at the end

>you can only intervene in human rights violations if the country representatives at the UN give you the okay
nah senpai
nah

shit

>And why the fuck not spiderman? He's going to do whatever the hell Tony tells him to
Because nobody's supposed to know who he is.

Tony's pissed at Ross and the government, so I doubt he'd tell them. Hell, this is probably going to be the reason why JJJ hates Spider-Man so much.

Why do faggots/casuals get butthurt about superheroes murdering people. What do you think they've been doing the past 80 years? Many mercenaries, monsters, soldiers, henchman, aliens and robots have paid the ultimate price.

>mfw my gf complained about the airport fight being 20 minutes long
I was like, that was the best part! I don't get it

For his role, maybe.
The actual character was definitely Zemo-y.

You don't get to ignore laws just because you think you know better.

tell that to the citizens currently being exploded

Yeah, I know. That's why I'm hoping that letting him live in the movies makes him go full Baron Zemo, with the mask and everything.

Everyone was at 100% turbo-retard

Thread is about what we didn't like about the movie. Shills in full force trying to refute every complaint about the movie lol Sup Forums never change.

Anyway I liked the movie. Spiderman, Antman and Black Panther were my favorites. Fights were great. Cap was pretty likeable in the movie too. Music was ok. Zemo was meh. Rest of characters and most of the story I couldn't really get into. Honorable mention to Will Hurt for returning to the Marvel franchise shit Hulk was awhile ago.

They DO know better.

It's fucking weird they decided to make Daredevil "no kills" character, because in comics he has killed and sure as hell consciously tried to kill Bullseye.

Furthermore, it contradicts season 1 as in season 2 we get confirmation that Murdock acknowledged result of his fight with Nobu as him killing Nobu and living with it just fine.

Oh right, I forgot it was Frank's show it was Frank's ideology that was supposed to be challenged, not Matt's.

There's another complaint:
No fucking Hulk salt from Lt. Ross.
The slideshows like the only time he brings him up.
Why even make it that specific character if he's not going to go off on Tony at some point for GETTING THAT JOLLY GREEN FUCK A PARDON?

I'm sure the KKK thinks so, too.

>Heroes could have just talked to eachother.
What would they have said? What would it have changed?

Cap: "Bucky was framed."
Tony: "Of course you'd say that, you're his friend. What if he's just playing you? You shouldn't trust him."
Cap: "It's unlike Bucky to be caught on camera. It's the psychiatrist. He's really some spec ops guy. He's in Russia doing bad shit. When have to stop him now."
Tony: "You can't just go to Russia cap, the UN is tired of that shit. We fucked up in AoU, people died. We can just have free reign anymore."
Cap: "We have to go now. If we don't go now, it might be too late latter."
Tony: "I orders from the higher ups to stop you from leaving."
Cap: "I'm leaving anyway."
Tony: "Well, I guess I have to fight you."
Cap: "Then we must fight."

I liked that he wouldn't call him Hulk but instead referred to him as "Banner."

But I agree though definitely the best actor in the movie and he was so underutilized. Would have been great seeing him interact with Green Boy.

I distinctly remember him being all "no kills" in Miller's run, especially towards Bullseye.
Ninjas don't count as people.

Ant-Man's whole movie was about redemption and being able to be in his daughter's life. "If you come with us you'll be a criminal." "What else is new?"

Scarlet Witch as presented or Vision could have fucked up the entirety of the opposing teams

Tony & Ross / UN are determined to get Bucky but have Black Widow, a former Soviet spy that WASN'T under mind control when she killed people on their team

Tony has to be out of character retarded to believe the accords are a viable middle ground

Tony stops hunting Bucky / Cap after that final battle (which felt like a mid-movie fight) for no reason, nothing was resolved, yet they're pen pals now

War Machine is paralyzed in the suit yet we've seen Tony fall from higher in a fucking can made in a cave and be fine

because if he goes apeshit on one of their friends no one would support him

holy false equivalency batman

It's ambiguous if he dropped Bullseye after he killed Elektra intentionally.

Cap: "Bucky was framed."
Tony: "Prove it. Or I'm bringing you to Ross."
Cap: "Give me 24 hours. If I can't find Zemo than I'll surrender."
Tony: "Ok."

Op here. I loved the movie myself it's my favourite one in the MCU yet, doesn't mean there's absoulutly nothing wrong about it worth talking about

In some reason a lot of people just can't appreciate movies on technical level. Most common argument:

>"Good guys always win, so who cares!"

Fucking, I care, and would love to know how those fights were shot and created and choreographed.

If you want a better comparison...

That totally out-of-left-field Steve and Sharon kiss.

Best MCU movie mostly because spiderman, antman and blackpanther are in it for like 30 minutes.

Still boring for the first hour.

LOL

>Cap: "Give me 24 hours. If I can't find Zemo than I'll surrender."
Tony didn't have 24 hours.

I'll give you that

I'm somewhat doubtful that they'll cast a black man in a role called "Man-Ape"

Besides the two fight scenes, the story was completely lackluster. I get why nations want to "rein the Avengers in", I really do, but the reasoning that they happen to be around when a few civvies die is such a BS way to go about it. I mean, yeah it sucks that lady's kid died, or Zemo's family bit the dust, but what would have happened had the Avengers not been there? The world would have been enslaved by the Chitari. Who knows if Tony would have built Ultron had he not been Iron Man, but I feel like he would have gone down that road because he would have stayed a weapons dealer if he never got caught in Bumfuckistan.

I also hate how they never show a definitive splintering among the Avengers. At the end, it's clear that Tony and Cap are mostly cool with each other because of the phone thing. It's like that whole build-up to Bucky being responsible for Tony's parents' murder was for nothing.

Another thing, what exactly would have happened had they signed the accords unanimously anyways? When the next world-breaking event started up, the U.N. would just squabble like it always does and not get a fucking thing done with activating the Avengers as a nation-backed force. Then they would have just gone off and saved the world anyways, proving Cap's point and showing everyone that governments can't figure out their shit.

Black Panther and Spidey were awesome though, and that's all I really wanted from this movie anyways, so bully for that.

Actually the context is different.
Terrorists overseas who are engaged in terrorist acts are A-OK to be killed, though a lot of the Avengers just knock them out still; Cap rarely actually shoots anyone himself.
In the United States in most other cases supervillains are NOT terrorists committing terrorist acts, but are basically just jumped-up bank robbers and Mafia types and criminals, even psychos like Bullseye who really are just mob hitmen with a gimmick. In the States they're making citizens arrests so they can be tried in the criminal justice system, whereas terrorists don't really get the same kind of legal treatment.

...and yeah, ninjas don't count as people. In one of the Shadowlands tie-in Luke talks about how Matt has gone way over the deep end, to which Danny immediately reminds him that both he AND Luke have killed tons of ninjas and HYDRA goons over the years. Luke just awkwardly claims that "that's different" without really explaining why it's different. The insinuation is that ninjas and HYDRA goons don't count as human beings in superhero terms. The open admission of the hypocrisy of the entire Shadowlands storyline made me laugh.

But he had to go to Russia to prove it, something Tony didn't want him too do. Also, Cap wanted to leave right then and there.

People who didn't pay attention to the movie say "Tony had like 12 hours or something to bring in Cap, that was plenty of time to talk it out.", but cap didn't have any time to spare.

Yeah he only had 48 when he asked for 72.

>Tony has to be out of character retarded to believe the accords are a viable middle ground
He is out of character retarded he has horrible PTSD and crippling anxiety (iron man 3)

War machine was also hit with a direct blast from the most powerful avenger before falling

No, Cap being kill would have allowed for the ultimate final showdown with Thanos, with either Black Widow or Tony being the last Avenger alive and wishing Steve back.

Ant-man knows that making the right choice does not necessarily mean following the law

user, have you ever known the UN in all of their existence to get anything done quickly?
While some tiny country in the middle of South America is getting attacked by, let's say Fin Fang Foom, and the UN is too busy debating if the Avengers should be allowed to go for whatever reason, do you want the Avengers to sit back and wait for the call?

Zodiac would be my guess

>Tony stops hunting Bucky / Cap after that final battle (which felt like a mid-movie fight) for no reason
no reason? how about getting fucking wrecked by Cap

They'll call him M'Baku and have Ross say "truly, he is some sort of man... ape?" once when he dons the cowl. Same they did with several prior goofily-named villains.
Ross will probably get punched for good measure.

Then they should have at least addressed that. Even something as simple as having the line be "when captain America asks for your help you help" or some shit.

Then they call him M'Baku, and he wears a White Gorilla skin for ceremony.

Tony getting wrekt has never stopped him from doing what Tony wants to do. He just comes back with better tech to address that situation. It's clear that he isn't going to bother with the cell phone/letter scene.

>black widow being the last avenger alive

Don't make me laugh user, even thinking iron man would be the last standing is a joke.

Hand Ninjas are basically zombies.

>his name in the movie is now Manape, pronounced muh nah pay

My problems are all with the first scene in Africa. The camera shakes to much, Caps plans are useless and he almost dies like a complete punk, the CGI for falcon looked incredibly bad and Vision wasn't kept in standby in case things went bad (Which they did)

Solid film with a bad start

I'm positive they will. They originally wanted to have him don the mask in the final act but realized it wouldn't make any sense at all.

I said the same thing but my gf reminded me that their relationship has been foreshadowed since winter soldier

Maybe he calmed down in the meantime and realized that killing a brainwashed man is pointless.

In terms of audience build-up to a Cap returning climax? You better believe it would be one of them.

This.

It's going to have to be at least part of it. They have to get the Avengers out of Wakanda somehow and they wont wait until Infinity War because they have Ant-Man and Wasp coming out

Which is exactly why they didn't do it. It wouldn't be believable at all.

Could you imagine thanos destroying everyone but black widow SOMEHOW and then she wishes cap back and the two of them defeat thanos together? What are they gonna do make him feel awkward enough from their sexual tension to just leave earth alone?