What does Sup Forums think of Sicario?

Just finished it

blunt should have peed her pants.

Very cool movie and I especially liked that they went against the predictable Hollywood grain, with the chick cop breaking down and realizing she’s in way over her head and just wants to GTFO in the end.

good flick, some moments of inspired filmmaking

I actually liked that a lot. Also they went against hollywood in the mexican cop part, I thought they were going to go full "let's introduce and underdog so he wins"

It was sic.

emily blunt with a tan is hot as hell

Nothing more than a retarded Sup Forums fanfic.

Can someone explain to me why the CIA needed the FBI to make their operation legitimate? What sort of jurisdiction do the FBI/CIA have in USA/Mexico? I'm not American so I don't know how these agencies work.

Pretty pointless flick but it was better than nearly everything else that came out that year.

first time I ever wanted to know what guns were used in a movie was after watching it.

It was absolutely outstanding until the next to last scene, where Blunt stands on the balcony pointing the loaded gun at towards Sicario but struggles to shoot and gives up as he smirks and walks away. It was a corny Hollywood trope shoe-horn for a film otherwise devoid of them and was frustrating there could have been a much better and less lazy way of showing her reconciliation of defeat than that

>why the CIA needed the FBI to make their operation legitimate?

The CIA is American's foreign overseas service and isn't supposed to do anything within the U.S., that's the FBI's job, thus they brought in Emily Blunts characters to make it seem like an legal FBI operation (of course nobody was told about sneaking over the border into Mexico).

(The reality is that the CIA is doing all kinda crooked shit within the U.S.)

I thought it was just to show how much of an emotional cunt Blunt's character was.

true but it was a horribly lazy way of showing her indecisiveness - a scene with her crying at that table alone as Sicario walks out of the parking lot would have been perfect.

Are the CIA traitors then? Or a necessary evil?

It depends on if you marathoned it or not

So extraditing the drug lord from Mexico and into the US falls into something the FBI would be able to do, despite them crossing into Mexico to actually grab the guy?

I felt it missed the mark.

I don't know what it was supposed to be ABOUT.

Cool, but the badly made Infrared/Night Vision scene at the end was a turn off.

that's just you not recognizing that he was introduced to be killed, idiot

This desu it fitted blunts character perfectly

One of my favorites. Caused me to watch all of Villeneuve's stuff and subsequently become fanboy.

Pretty cool movie
>Ahora vas a conocer a Dios.
Based del Toro

the cia is definitely a lot more benign now than it was in the 60s and 70s, its also probably the most effective intelligence agency in the history of the world

Can you post examples, I'm curious?

Yeah, interesting thing is that del Toro's character was using operator gear that could almost be seen as 'old fashioned' compared to Delta. Was a cool little detail.

yes
no

the soundtrack is amazing
>BWAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa
whenever that came on you just knew some bad shit was about to happen

Pleb

Yes, the CIA are not a law enforcement agency and are forbidden to operate within the borders of the United States in their charter

>Are the CIA traitors then? Or a necessary evil?

It's hard to tell.

In the case of the movie, the CIA was a necessary evil, as it was the only practical way of stopping that particular drug lord but on the other hand, the guy was only a powerful drug lord because of American anti-drug laws create a black market where insane profits can me made.

Every country need a CIA type agency, otherwise they'll get fucked by other countries CIA type agencies but the problem is these type of agencies have to be super secret to effectively function and that means only a handful of the political elite know WTF the agency is really doing.

It'd be nice to think the CIA are all good guys the way Tom Clancy presented them but I suspect the reality is that they into all kinda crooked shit and doing so for their own benefit.

>So extraditing the drug lord from Mexico and into the US falls into something the FBI would be able to do, despite them crossing into Mexico to actually grab the guy?

No, the entire cross-border operation was illegal no matter which agency did it, both under U.S. and Mexican law but because Mexico is so corrupt due to the vast amounts of drug money flowing in the country, the FBI couldn't get the guy legally extradited.

Thus the CIA stepped in to simply assassinate him but to legally set up their base of operations in the U.S., they needed the cover provided by bringing in Emily Blunt's FBI agent character, who they bamboozled into thinking it was some kinda secret legal FBI operation wholly within the U.S.

>the cia is definitely a lot more benign now

really nothing Sup Forums about it unless you actually think the cartels dindu nuffin

>Can you post examples, I'm curious?

I could but then you'd "disappear"...

I loved it. I loved the subtext of sexual abuse, the drug dealers with the kids swimming pool, the chick almost getting choke fucked, the mexican with the ponytail getting his shit pushed in (and josh brolin watching), and what exactly happened to Del Toro's wife and kids before they got killed?

It was fantastic. Not quite as good as No Country for Old Men, but few movies are.

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

It doesnt really make any sense that they need to go through the tunnel when they are CIA/DEA/FBI and could cross the border from US to MExico with impunity like anyone else with a beating heart.

Those Sarge glasses are spot on.

that wasnt the point of entering the tunnel, they even say out loud several times why they are going into the tunnel its really the whole point of the movie

I enjoyed it despite a sprinkling of the typical "empowered stronk womyn" bullshit. Anytime a 150 lb woman unrealistically takes down a 235 lb trained henchman I usually stop giving a shit

his daughter got thrown in a vat of acid. he tells that to the top dealer right before he kills him

O P E R A T O R

Villanueve's best film. Arrival was a step down.

BRUH

SICARIO WAS A DECONSTRUCTION OF THE STRONK WOMYN TROPE

I thought it was a great movie, but it hit me the same way Requiem for a Dream did. It's a good story, it was told well, it was put together well, but Jesus Christ was it dark. I didn't feel good in the end, like I watched it once, and I don't need to watch it again because of how bleak it was.

My only actual criticism is that I thought the colour grading was pretty damn ugly.

I was rock hard when she was crying and had a gun to her head

to be fair the 150 lb female FBI agent who's been selected to work with what's actually the CIA is probably going to be well-trained as well

Insipid cinematography
Hack writing
Juvenile direction
Awful one dimensional characterizations
Emily Blunt's acting was embarrassing

oh yeah i forgot that Sup Forums hates when we blow up terrorists

I fucking loved this movie.
excellent buzzwords my friend

the operation was fucking illegal you idiot
that was the point

It's a solid movie about an idealist that becomes jaded after working in a ruthlessly pragmatic system. It's kind of like Kane in that way

People bitch too much about "stronk woman" or the politics while not giving enough due to these more universal themes. I think you could have swapped in a starry eyed male rube or set in some other war zone where ideals meet the grim reality and you'd still have basically the same story

Lighting, sound design, shot composition and editing are all quite good

great to watch in theatres. Ending shoulda been another twenty minutes. Looked great, especially the shot of the soldiers descending into the horizon.

what subtext of sexual abuse again? dont remember any of that being in the movie

that was just intimidation.

I love the Sup Forums autists who really think this was a sexual abuse thing. He was simply intimidating him, you fucktard.

>tfw no gf

I enjoyed it.

I want to lick her eye balls

>I used to be an operator until...
>We've got a burn notice on you, you're blacklisted.

Master of his craft.

Just watch when she enters in the room after the explotion, focus on how she's always sorrounded by men who can't hide a desire for her, it's uncomfortable for her, just like in silence of the lambs

A youtube channel (Now You See It) made a video about that (and racism portrayed in movies) wich i think can be applied to this movie too

John Krasinski gets to every night

It's about
>You can't remove evil, only control it.
The ending scene sort of solidifies it.

The CIA has become a puppet of Israel and their efforts against Muslims doesn’t serve the interest of the American people.

You want to protect Americans from Islamic terrorism? Stop giving Israel billions of American tax dollars every year and fighting their wars for them.

So the only way to get over the border from the US to Mexico for the FUCKING CIA is through a secret cartel tunnel?!?!?! DRIVE OVER THE BORDER IN A CAR JUST LIKE THEY DID IN THE FIRST SCENE.

>I didn't feel good in the end

You weren't supposed to, "Sicario" is essentially a fictionalized documentary of the fucked up shit that's going on due to the Drug War.

Incredibly redpilled movie and I don't mean that in a "its right wing" sense, it actually exposes a lot of truths about the war on drugs, the CIA and nessecary evil.

>DRIVE OVER THE BORDER IN A CAR JUST LIKE THEY DID IN THE FIRST SCENE.

The cartels watch the border and know who is coming and going over the border.

They have Mexican (and American) cops and border guards on their payroll, which was addressed in the movie when Emily Blunt and the others openly cross the border and have a shoot out at the border crossing.

I liked that the nighttime scenes were actually dark and used natural(ish) lighting. Not many films do this.

That nerd is bad ass, botting

And the reason Muslims see us that way is because we're Israel's bitch, giving them billions of American tax payer dollars ever year and initiating a civil war among Muslims, that we're fighting and paying for, all for Israel's security.

A few months before leaving office, Obama upped Israel's hand out by $10 BILLION, despite the Mainstream Media claiming that Obama and Netanyahu were sworn enemies.

I personally think Muslims are wholly incompatible with Western society and should be outright banned from immigrating to the U.S. but at the same time, I fully understand why they hate the U.S.

>Cant drive over the border in the middle of the night across the desert
>Cant blackhawk helicopter the operative straight to cartel bosses house
>muh tunnel

They guy didn't become a powerful drug lord by being stupid but James Brolin and the CIA needed a way to eliminate him without bringing attention on the U.S.

i mean he basically trashed her and everything she stood for

shooting him (and with a pistol at that range) probably wouldn't have killed him and even if she did kill him, she'd have paid for it ten times over

he won, the bad guys won

>facebook/instagram filename

whats your endgame?

>badly made
T. Inexperienced nigger

I knew del Toro was going to cap the wife, then the two kids, then the drug lord and I expected some catharsis. But I just ended up feeling bad for del Toro's character. He's completely dead inside. I was expecting to feel good when the cartel got what was coming to them, but it's all so dark and bleak I'm just left feeling sad.

fucking sykes-picot, man. 101 years later and we're still directly feeling the effects

the tunnel was a convenient way for the CIA to get to operate within the US, because the woman character thought the operation was just to shut down the tunnel

you insufferable moron

Perfidious Albion...

They're probably not. We just haven't had the classified information about all the fucked up shit they're doing released yet. If someone told you the shit the CIA was pulling in the 50s and 60s back when it was currently happening or relatively recent, they probably wouldn't believe you unless you were directly involved

I feel like people overhype that. Sykes-picot is definitely holds some responsibility for the internala instability and conflict between countries, but a large factor is that the West never stopped dicking around there. The mandate system didn't end until after WWII, and that's exactly when the US starts juming in to meddle in the region. It gets worse when you realize that the US actively promoted the Islamist extremists to overthrow the secularists, especially from the the 70s onward. The Middle East could've been secularized decades ago, but we chose to go for the opposite and the result are these terrorists popping up everywhere. Still haven't learned the lesson, if Gaddafi and Assad are any indications

>The Middle East could've been secularized decades ago

Not without some kinda "reformation" of Islam.

The fundamental problem isn't the U.S. or the West or even Israel, it's Islam's complete incompatibility with modern secular global civilization.

There is no concept of "render unto Caesar" within Islam, all aspects of society are subject to sharia and this traps Muslims in a medieval culture while the rest of the world moves on without them and this makes Muslims lash out at everybody around them.

What did I think of it?

just rewatched it recently as well.
I really liked it. Camerawork, visuals, pacing.
The entire prisoner transfer part was great.

kino

The Counselor Director's Cut is better

Damn, great comparison. Didn't even think of Silence of the Lambs but that theme of sexual dominance is definitely in there too.

It literally cuts away and you can hear him moving, and then rapid sounds with heavy breathing. He clearly is doing more than "intimidating".

i will never understand how college fraternities and shit are worse than a religion that fucking stones women if they're raped or don't dress as modestly as possible

best oh shit moment i've seen in a movie in a while

They go realistic with having the skinny woman field officer in the fbi be pretty much worthless, on top of just being used.

But then del Toros character is a bit too over the top, might as well be a video game character

What's with the colors? Why is Israel blue?