Is this worth reading if I'm interested in webcomics right now, or is it outdated as fuck?

Is this worth reading if I'm interested in webcomics right now, or is it outdated as fuck?

Are there any more recent books on the subject?

I thought that Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics was pretty decent. His others were fairly good, although not necessarily immediately relevant. The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams is a big thick tome which, while geared towards animation, can give you ideas for character poses.

I'm not familiar with the book you posted. I could be informative, or it could be a waste of time. I'm honestly not sure what the history of webcomics specifically would have to offer. I would think that general information would be more relevant for a potential webartist, although I suppose the book might offer some insights or information that I'm not aware of.

Just like webcomics themselves man it's not worth reading.

Oh wow, is only one of those webcomics regularly updating anymore?

When did Megatokyo end?

Dunno, I stopped reading it around the time that what's - his - name started flaking out for months, is it still ongoing?

Who the fuck is that hallmark card art on the far left.

>right
I can't do directions

>not recognizing Scott McCloud
wew lad

Webcomics are the biggest waste of creative freedom ever.

k

Scott McCloud, Penny Arcade, MegaTokyo and... what the fuck is that?

Seconding this.
Also I assume the floating head reaching out from the vortex at the top is T Campbell.

Idunno. I feel like so few people still read Megatokyo that it could have ended five years ago, yesterday, or still be updating all as equally probable possibilities.

Only one series you need to get into.

The problem with webcomics is that this book looks insanely out of date just from the cover.

The real story of webcomics is hard to capture in a book like this, because it's a disparate community of barely connected people. So you can't really pin it down in one narrative. There's a world of difference between Penny Arcade's shitty gag comics for gamers, and something like Unsounded.

And that's without getting into the wealth of completely unknown webcomics with obscure roots. I mean, is there going to be a fetish chapter? Because there ought to be.

It looks like it is

No news since last year but the comic last updated in April, apparently

And it looks as bad as ever

You want to know what's sad? I can't tell if this is supposed to be read right-left or left-right.

Actually been curious about this particular subject myself. Thanks.

Explain your edge.

Easy: it isn't supposed to be read.

it's so true though