Sup Forums says a cartoon is bad

>Sup Forums says a cartoon is bad
>it's actually great

Unless you're a tumblrfag.

more like 6/10

Korra is bad in a lot of aspects but it's pretty okay overall. Mediocrity is only met in extremes on Sup Forums though.

You're on the Internet. There's no such thing as a middle ground.

Korra is mediocre.

I'd say more "pretty good".

I enjoyed it more than AtlA. The lows were lower, but the highs were higher. It also comes down to personal taste. I prefer the continuity over AtlA's meandering style.

It was a disappointment.

This is my stance, though i would say everything after Beginnings was pure gold

It also doesn't help that 90% of Sup Forums watched ATLA as kids and their nostalgia makes them biased.

>watched ATLA as kids and their nostalgia makes them biased.
ATLA for the most part is still more consistent in it's writing though. Yeah it suffered in dumb writing decisions as well but they were pretty minor when you pair it against some of the dumb shit that occurred in Korra.

I like both shows but I prefer the one with the better written characters and plot development.

>Sup Forums
>actually watching cartoons to enjoy themselves and not just to bitch about them

Legend of Korra is the last chance we will get to progress the animated medium forward. Game over.

I watched all of ATLA 4 days before watching Korra

Korra is trash and Prequel tier in how it treats the source material

Anyone that likes it likes it BECAUSE of nostalgia from Avatar, or because they're idiots that dont even recognize basic writing and plot points

*tips fedora proudly*

FUCK. THAT.

Avatar took its influence mainly from Miyazaki for its aesthetic, writing, themes, and cinematic tone.

Korra felt like it took its influence mainly from Marvel movies.

Everywhere on Sup Forums I hear that Korra was pretty much the worst thing ever. This probably means it was okay.

I marathoned it about 2 years ago for the first time.

ATLA had great action, comedy, character development between the main cast and even side characters and a good story over the course of 3 seasons.

The ending is a different story (no he shouldn't have killed the fire lord but there's got to be a better way than muh spirit turtle) but besides that it was a great show with many hype moments an enjoyable characters.

You can tell ATLA was a planned series with the arcs set out as the series started with a few minor changes here and there. Korra was a rushed mess and you can tell that they were fucked over with scheduling. Hard to make a sprawling narrative with an overarching plot filled with a slow burn in character building and world building when you don't know if you're getting another season or if you think this is the only season.

I didn't say it was bad, I'm just noting that the hatred Korra gets is apparently visceral.

Yeah, if you ignore the first two seasons.

>Korra was a rushed mess and you can tell that they were fucked over with scheduling. Hard to make a sprawling narrative with an overarching plot filled with a slow burn in character building and world building when you don't know if you're getting another season or if you think this is the only season
This is bullshit and you are listening to the fanboys too much

Season 1 of Korra was all there was supposed to be and Bryke knew this going in.

The show was EXACTLY what they wanted it to be and they believed it was the best end product.

People that blame Nickelodeon for Bryke failing are retarded. They had complete control over every aspect of the show and failed miserably.

They couldnt even do in 12 episode what animes have done in 4-6

>it treats the source material
It was made by the original creators. They ARE the source material you lackwit.

ATLA took its aesthetic mostly from historical Asia, its writing from normal action cartoon wiritng techniques and its themes from normal action cartoon themes (with a coat of "yellow" paint). I guess the tone was similar to a Myazaki, although more lighthearted most of the time.
I'd say the thing that was closest to a Myiazaki in ATLA was the color palette.

You are Literally a retard

If they had to tell the story of ATLA in one season they would've fucked it up beyond belief.

Outside of the love triangle bullshit and retarded ending where aang gives her powers back (the ending was definitely a problem with scheduling) season 1 wasn't that bad anyway.

All I know for sure are Korra fanboys ruined Sup Forums and thank god the lot of them left when that trash show ended

Actually they left a lot sooner because the ratings tanked from like 5 million on the first episode to 1 million on the finally season.

Both of you are.
Source material pertains to adaptations. The original movie isn't the source material to a sequel.
On the other hand, writers aren't the source material either, they're who wrote it.

Yeah okay

>If they had to tell the story of ATLA in one season they would've fucked it up beyond belief.
Fantastic rebuttal

If I had to cook a cake in 5 minutes it would be horrible. So that excuses it for being awful

You fanboys are the worst and the level at which you defend TRASH is pathetic.

Bryke knew what they were getting into and failed.

They even had the audacity to say they didnt want any other writers because they wanted to see if they could do it on their own.

These are two ego driven assholes that succeeded because of the hard work and talent of people around them and I am pleased they got exposed as the hacks they are

Is it wrong that I desperately want to fuck Korra?

Avatar fags are easily among the worst fanbase which is a shame because the show is so good.

Fanboys as usual ruin everything, because they suck up to the creators and make them think they can do no wrong. And of course when that happens we get something like Legend of Korra and the Star Wars prequels.

Yes. But not any wronger than any other fictional character.

>I'd say the thing that was closest to a Myiazaki in ATLA was the color palette.

I take it you never watched many Miyazaki films, since, you know, the whole Human's vs Nature thing is an over-arcing theme in most of his movies, as it is in Avatar.

The spirit world itself was based by his work as well.

Appa was based off of Catbus from Totoro.

Characters are motived mainly by their emotions, often facing conflict and inner turmoil (Zuko and Aang).

The environments in Miyazaki movies feel like characters in of themselves. Same with Avatar, the Swamp being a great example of this.

I can go on...

Yeah that's about it.

this was okay but Tomm Moore's part was the only one really worth anything

Season 1 is good

Season 2 is shit

Season 3 is the best

Season 4 is great

true mediocrity is met with disinterest

Season 1 had potential, but ultimately squandered it with with an awful love triangle, pointless sub-plots, and a god-awful ending.

Season 2 was pure shit.

Season 3 was decent, but only because it had good execution of a rather lame story.

Season 4 was like a weird mix of all the previous seasons. It had some potential, which it squandered. It had terrible parts, that felt like a thirteen year old wrote it. And it had some decently executed parts to it, that overall felt kinda meaningless.

> Pic not related.

pic unrelated

Not really

People had expectations of Korra, that's the difference. If it was just a random mediocre cartoon, it would be different but it's the sequel of one of the most beloved cartoon series of all time for /co

>Season 2 was pure shit.
Plot-wise, sure, but it introduced the best character.

And what cartoon is that, OP?

Is it wrong that I desperately want to fuck Asami?

true

For those that care, you can get the entire series plus extras on iTunes for $29.99 until the 16th.

Because all LoK females are hot as fuck.

You know a show sucks when there's a lack of rule 34 for ANY of the Beifongs.

There's like millions of Toph Rule 34 during the TLA airing. The lack of Rule 34 for Lin, Suyin and Opal is disgusting.

Even then, when you rewatch ATLA after some time you end coming to the realization that it wasn't as good as you once thought. It peaked in Book 1 (and mainly due to the great performance of Jason Isaacs as Zhao), while remaining pretty inconsistent in quality throughout books 2 and 3 (and I would even say that it suffered a considerable drop in the quality of the scripts in the transition from book 2 to 3 with the MUH ANGSTY AANG bullshit)

>the highs were higher
What highs?

I'm not saying that there's no Rule 34.

I'm just saying that it unlike the 22 pages of Toph Rule 34, Lin and Suyin got only like 3 to 5 pages of Rule 34.

It just shows that no one cared about LoK to make enough fanart of it.

I should be able to have tonnes of Lin Bei Fong gangbang art goddamnit!

Nice rebuttal there user.

I'm afraid Korra and Asami grabbed way too much attention, even more after the dyke ending.

Season 3 was still trash. Straight up abandoning everything from season 2 was terrible, especially since Korra caused the conflict in the first place. The villains were nonsensical at best, plot holes everywhere and they even rushed character development they introduced in that season, they introduced characters that were actually worse than the main cast somehow, and was overall a slog to watch.

i want both korra and asami to use me as if I were a sex toy between the two. I wanna be the kickstand to their two wheel bicycle.

Bait harder.

I know what you're getting at, but I think in order to be fair you have to give the Avatar: Korra supporting characters 10 years to develop 22 pages like Avatar: Airbender characters have.

Rome wasn't built in a day right?

>Sup Forums says a cartoons is
>it isn't, it never even existed

>implying they wouldn't use you to have some proper relief after growing tired of just rubbing wet cunts
Can't imagine how hungry they must be.

Lin was a jilted weak willed spinster who took her problems out on other people and had to bow out to her shitty family.
Suyin was Ayn Rand who got to where she is because of ill gotten money and Beifong inherited money that seems to have went to her and not Lin.
Opal was made just for Bolin's cock since they needed a reason to keep Bolin in the story so they decided to ruin any attempt at character for Opal and just make her a cock warmer.

Toph in AtLA had purpose, will, and was a loli.

>both of them get 95% to an orgasm from all the foreplay they do to each other
>the each last under 20 thrusts on me

>Implying the president of a technological powerhouse doesn't have the craziest dildos around
>Implying you can't do some freaky shit with waterbending.

But really, all I wanted was more cute loving hand holding sex between Varrick and Zhu li

Putting your dick in the pussy sandwich seems more practical.

>have to put all my body weight down on top of them to keep them together they're shaking so badly

>le bait meme

Are Korra haters actually this retarded or are they just pretending?

Those three reasons are why I want to fap to them more.

There's more potential for fan art with what you've said. Lin fucks everyone in the police department, Suyin has her own collection of male sex slaves and Opal wants Bolin to dominate her.

Based on S2, there should be fan art of Mako in a foursome with Lin, Asami and Korra. That could have actually help Korrasami make sense.

Because Asami is made to get fucked.

You can post this everyday

And I still won't like it

>named after beloved dead VA
>gets tons of hate from people
>then his ex-gfs turn lesbian after dating him
>ends up alone while even Varrick gets married
Mako had a hard life.

Not that user but you forgot that Bryke even mentioned that ATLAs artstyle was inspired by Miyazaki's works.

>your two gf's turn lesbians and cuck you with each other
Ouch.

there is no sense is liking shit, user. Pic related might help you if it all went above your head.

this meme was never funny

Stop posting that in every single thread you goober

I'm glad you liked it. I do not share your opinion, but that's ok.

>meme
LoK is objectively a bad show. Saying it's "great" is an obvious bait.

I don't even do that. But it does have a lot of truth in it. Not my fault you don't have any argument to it.

>Not my fault you don't have any argument to it.
People are just tired of pointing out the flaws since you keep posting that in every thread.

well, vaatu's beam weapon had a cool sound effect. that counts for something, right?

And people post that because they are tired of pointing out the flaws in korra

>First season
Great, brilliant concept exploring post atla world and a strong muscular female character that doesn't have to be a lesbian. Can't wait for season two!

>Second season
Nigga, what is this? Did that guy just turn into a giant demon thing? At least Varrick was cool, maybe third season? I hope they do four.

>Third season
Red lotus? Sound cheese but they are actually pretty gangster. Dude, did that chick just get her head blown off? Korra going beserker and swinging about chains? Fucking dope, more pls

>Season 4
Well this is pretty fucking miserable. Su lee mech fighting is cool, oh wait, now it's depressing again. Wait where the fuck did the evangelion come from? Korra's a lesbian now? Kuvira is basically qt hitler and gets left in jail

Overall big dissappointment, could of been a great show building more on the avatar world, breaking stereotypes and playing more on critical thinking instead of punchy punchy.

But nope, lets simplify everyone and throw in a giant robot or kaiju at the end.

>people
>implying it isn't one autist who reposts it all the time

First season was meh, second season was flat out bad. That should be enough to get any series canceled. Granted the 3rd and 4th seasons were kinda better, as proofed by OP using a season 4 pic. still overall the series was overall okay. It was very fucking hit and miss. There were times it was fucking outstanding, but just as many times it was a full on failure.

I only watched the first season and the last episode. I enjoyed it, but got confused why there was a robot.
Should I bother revisiting what I missed?

I liked it better than the original but I'm not going to say it because it might upset someone.

Yes, season 3 has the best Avatar villains.

Oh boy, here we go, another flood of freaks screaming about the show.

Who has that webcomic where a sweaty anime nerd snaps at the beginning of a meeting and slams a book on the table, launching into a tirade about some detail nobody cares about? Because that's exactly what's happening here.

this

this we can never have a good avatar thread because korra haters scream how bad the show is

The only thing I miss about this show is the end credits theme. Reminds me of when I moved to Brooklyn.

>Oh boy, here we go, another flood of freaks screaming about the show

When the majority of defenders in this thread are flinging even more shit, you have no right to talk. Fuck, even your own post is flamebait. If you want to discuss the show then discuss it and ignore what you don't like. But resorting to such desperate tactics to validate your opinion is disgusting.

I watched it as season 1 of Korra was airing. I had been meaning to do it and my friend had been watching Korra.
ATLA is way, way better.
S3 of Korra is the best it ever got.

It was my favorite part but I certainly wouldn't say that.

There's animation outside of America.

>as it is in Avatar.
Nature barely has a role in Avatar. It's mainly a man vs man conflict.

I believe you that they tried to ape some of his design though.

>Characters are motived mainly by their emotions, often facing conflict and inner turmoil (Zuko and Aang).
It's almost like... a story!

>The environments in Miyazaki movies feel like characters in of themselves. Same with Avatar, the Swamp being a great example of this.
Bullshit.