Valiant Comics

Any Valiant readers in here? I picked up the first TPB of "The Valiant" and am looking to get X-O Manowar, Bloodshot and Harbinger

Other urls found in this thread:

valiantdatabase.com/releases/veibydate/table
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've read every current Valiant issue so far. Except for this and last weeks'. I'm going to buy 4001 AD, and I haven't found the time to pirate the others.Yet here I am in Sup Forums, I know. I'll go back to work.

Oh, if you want to do what I did and read everything, I recommend doing so by release date. Here's a handy table of every issue so far.
valiantdatabase.com/releases/veibydate/table

Not everything's a must read though. A lot of people skip on Shadowman, for example. I mostly enjoyed it though.

Also planning on reading classic Valiant. Read a few issues, but I want to go through all of it too.

The Valiant, into Bloodshot Reborn
Divinity
Rai
Fucking >Imperium

i'm also looking at ninjak which i know appears in X-O manowar vol 2 but he doesnt get his own issues till act 4 apparently

I also picked up 4001ad which had rai. short as fucking hell but it does look interesting

It's best not to make Valiant thread on Sup Forums at this point but some faggot somewhere is going to derail it to complain about a certain female character and what she supposedly does or does not represent about body politics

But I am currently reading the new Archer and Armstrong book, Rai and Imperium. Toyo Harada is my husbando do not steel

>Fucking >Imperium
>Imperium

My fucking niggas, underrated comic of the year, all years.

Read all of Valiant's stuff, really good comics there.

X-O, Bloodshot, ad Harbinger are all good choices.

They recently released the original Priest/Bright Quantum & Woody run in 5-6 trades.
It's awesome.

Istarted with Archer and Armostrong, the Delinquents and was reading Unity, but then I read fucking the Valiant. That piece of garbage soured me on the company. Fucking retards can't write a decent ending to save their lives.

I was willing to give a pass to the asswipe that were the ends of A&A and Delinquents because it' comedy, maybe the giant letdown was supposed to be some meta joke.

But the Valiant has like four times they could've ended with the heores winning, and the heores lose like a bunch of chumps. If you're going to end your big crossover event with the heroes losing, don't give four hope spots, it loses all the impact and makes your heroes just look like losers.

I was hoping Valiant would be my new home for supers after giving up on the big two, but it deserves to never be a big company. Because it's shit.

>some faggot somewhere is going to derail it to complain about a certain female character and what she supposedly does or does not represent about body politics
I think you should have more faith in Sup Forums.

Can't believe Imperium didn't do better. I miss it already.

There's a complete omnibus too

>I miss it already.

But it's still going on

So be because one comic ended badly you gave up on the company despite liking other shit? Holy fuck you sound like a fag.

>If you're going to end your big crossover event with the heroes losing, don't give four hope spots, it loses all the impact and makes your heroes just look like losers.

>m-m-muh big two formula!!!
>m-muh status quo!!!

I'm a big Valiant fan. Read everything they've put out up through the end of Divinity, whereupon I became a trade-waiter for everything.

But man do they have good stuff. Very self-contained and enjoyable on their own, and also interconnected in fashions that only serve to enhance the narrative for the most part.

Dysart's whole Harbinger saga (by the way, the fact that I can say that and it be a consistent thing from the beginning of the company is phenomenal), Kindt's Ninjak, Van Lente's Archer & Armstrong, Lemire's Bloodshot... All some phenomenal stuff.

Right now I'm trade-waiting on Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, and Eternal Warrior. Getting Deluxes for Dysart's Harbinger. I really am just all around quite pleased with their output.

Probably going to get Deluxes for Rai, even though I have the first two arcs in floppy. 4001 AD is really enticing, and they put Deluxes out for their events right quick.

Gosh I love the utter lack of status quo. Things are just constantly developing and churning in an organic, forward direction. It might get messy later on, but with a crew of about just 5 dedicated scribes plotting these big things out (Vendetti, Kindt, Dysart, Van Lente and Lemire) it might just work.

Randall pls go

You are literally the only person who cares about Valiant

A few more issues are coming out, but they have stopped soliciting it for a couple months now.

>Imperium is great

>As is Harbinger

>And Divinity is GOAT

X-O Manowar was also a surprisingly good read I went in thinking Iron Man/Blue Beetle but got some cool time displaced Visigoth

How has Power Armor Conan been doing? I haven't read any since Dead Hand.

The Art in Rai was fucking amazing

So I WAS goign to read all of valiant since i heard it's all quality. Read the first 2 volumes of Manowar and really don't like the generic house style art. Story isn't all that great either.

These feel like slightly above average action figure comics. Should I continue? Are there any books you guys feel will really hook me/sell me on this universe and these characters?

Old Valiant?
Q&W and A&A

New Valiant?
A&A

Want humor? Go Quantum and Woody
Want action? Go Harbinger
Want spooky waifu? Go Dr. Mirage