Why do cliche characters like "the mean rich girl who is only there to make things harder" still exist?

Why do cliche characters like "the mean rich girl who is only there to make things harder" still exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PTdnIUe9TXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If she didn't have the lipstick she'd probably be a sex object for Sup Forums
These kinds of characters are always the hottest part of a show

It's better when the mean, rich girl is the main character.

Because they exist in real life

>it's an assblasted libertarian thread

Hmm... How much difference does the lipstick make?

It makes me want to hump her face hole.

because they are good waifus

It makes women look less like cum guzzling whores.

Agreed.

Yeah, aren't poor girls more likely to be mean? Why are there no mean poor girls?

The creator of the show had been drawing that character since at least 2010, when I think that character type was done even more in cartoons than now. She made her part of the show when it became an actual thing probably because she'd envisioned her in it for so long, even though it's not exactly original.

Probably not the case for every instance of this stereotype, but I thought that was kinda interesting to find out when I saw her old art.

At least they've kept her to a minimum so far.

what? the question is why theyre trying to make them the good guy now

Her voice kills it for me. Contrast it with Pacifica from Gravity Falls. Pacifica is generally written as a strawman of a mean rich girl, but is VAed as a real person. Brittney, I don't even know how she's written, because her VA is so conspicuously "an impression of an insufferable person".

Because those types of people still exist in society.

Because they have more than you so they make you so jealous they must be bad people. It's easier than investing and self-improvement.

Another cliche is where the popular kids are really mean, dumb jocks. At my old school, the most popular students were really nice and took advanced classes with good grades, while also playing spots. Most of the jackasses i met were insecure loners or the less popular ones.

>Why do cliche characters like "the mean rich girl who is only there to make things harder" still exist?
And why is it always an asian?

It lets you add a minority character without adding a minority character anyone gives a shit about. Making a character defined by their wealth black would strain credibility too far, and can only really be done in a more adult comedy where that is a joke in and of itself.

Asian-american young women from middle-to-high class families tend to be like that. It's like how short guys are portrayed as assholes, it isn't a stereotype, it's just usually true.

Honestly I think you see them a lot in girls shows because girls especially little ones really like and idolize the rich, pretty, confident characters. So they include them but they have to make them villainous because otherwise parents would get mad and think the show was sending the wrong kind of message. When I was a kid me and my friends always got annoyed when a show tried to push a 'relatable' protagonist, the cool kids were what we wanted to see.

It is still funny.

> I don't write but let me pontificate on how fiction should work

eat glass

>that goblin on the right
>popular

They aren't cliches they are archetypes. All stories have basically the same character archetypes when you get down to it.

This was a long time ago, but, in my small town school, it was full of mean girls.

And guys.

Pretty much every kid there was an asshole and went out of their way to be mean.

>Why do artists hate rich people?

But aren't most artists from rich families? What middle or lower class parent would pay for their child to go into something so not worth?

My school had a lot of popular people that were superficially nice but below the surface were just awful

How do you think stereotypes work?

because they exist and still annoying every generation of artists

Is that true or are you just goob?

youtube.com/watch?v=PTdnIUe9TXM

>libertarian doesn't realize she IS the mean rich bitch who makes everything harder

Why does my boner for her still exist?

Better than the rich, shy and lesbian-oriented girl in typical anime

Serious, mostly of times they are useless, and just laugh at everything

They can't do that, or they'd offend the sjws. The secret is you can always demonize the rich, always, its socially acceptable.

I was/am no where near an edge lord or anything
Just general kids being dumb and mean to each other because hormones and such
There were a lot that were great honest people that I enjoyed spending time with and then there were others that talk about you behind your back as soon as you leave the room. It really just makes polite interactions afterwards hard when you can't trust that they won't do the same to you
Jokes on them, they got teen pregnant

As shit a show as it was, proud family had the bullies being ghetto trash
but poor males are more likely to be bullies in Sup Forums material

Because a lot of writers seem to be closeted nerds that either had trouble with or, more likely, despised the stereotype of rich or popular kids simply because they seemed more successful in some way compared to them, despite probably never actually talking to them.

I had a roommate who bitched constantly about sorority girls whenever we drive by them, even though I'm certain she knew nothing about any of them. She just disliked them because she was a standard library nerd and probably hated them because they were actually sociable.

Because it's easy conflict.
A lot of anons think there's some kind of envy against the rich and popular but really it's easier to make an effective antagonist out of the rich and powerful.
The rich bitch usually has the resources to make the character's life harder making the leap as to how they mobilize against the protagonist so quickly much easier to buy, so the only issue that comes about is why people would want to associate with them. And being rich and attractive explains that away easily.
It's the same reason why there are also antagonists who are much physically stronger than the protagonist as well.
They're easily written threats.

Makes her look better

A+

Don't know I like to think they'll be become better people after nice hard rapeing

They mellow out and realize they're human

You can't fix everything with a hot Gordon

>implying she isn't already a sex object

Kanker sisters?

Brittney did nothing Wong.

Star summoned monsters that nearly killed her, crashed her party and her bus that nearly killed her, and led an angry mob to her that nearly killed her.

How often does that happen though? I can only think of Brandy and... Brandy.

lood

Because it's classic and the jive of "the 1% is us" is still around.

Because they still exist in real life.

I would hatefuck her so hard.

dude what, i like both characters but Pacifica just speaks almost like some outdated valley girl

Brittney's tonality is way better. like the way she says "I know on planet MOONI its okay to be stupid..." and her voice just gradually becomes more a snide and mocking, its just better than Alex telling his voice actors "dude speak in two voices, normal and distressed, NAILED IT"