Why do so many people on Sup Forums call The Incredible Hulk (2008) not canon to the MCU?

Why do so many people on Sup Forums call The Incredible Hulk (2008) not canon to the MCU?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Same reason so many people on Sup Forums say Agents of SHIELD is not canon to the MCU.

Because they're retarded.

>Same reason so many people on Sup Forums say Agents of SHIELD is not canon to the MCU.

I think that's bullshit too but at least there is more reason to believe that than there is for believing The Incredible Hulk is non-canon.

Literally the only thing I can think of is the fact that Banner is played by a different actor, but it's not like the MCU has never had recasts before.

Either they're meaning (Ang Lee's) Hulk or unknowingly don't understand the difference and assume both are not canon.

What's weird is how I still see people say this despite Ross being in Civil War.

Fuck off this thread was already made and discussed.

Honestly I didn't see it and I kinda have no interest in seeing it. So it (the movie) is pretty much irrelevant.

Good to know that the MCU revolves entirely around you and what you deem worthwhile.

How I feel about Thor 2.

Actor swap.

Also it's probably the least impactful of the Phase One solo films. You won't miss out on much if you skip it.

You got to admit the Inhuman shit doesnt really fit with the rest of the MCU. You would think someone would mention the random powered people showing up

Iron Man 2 had a scene where the news was playing footage of Hulk fighting Abomination.

Captain America: Winter Soldier had a scene where Black Widow released all of SHIELD's secrets onto the internet, and not once in that or any subsequent movie did anyone say "Oh wow, Coulson's still alive."

I think they're going to just ignore AoS after it gets canceled next year. They didn't pick up Most Wanted, I doubt they'll have that clean-up crew series. They still want to do an Inhuman movie, but AoS fucked it up, only way is for people to forget it then make it somewhere in Phase 5 or 6.

A lot of people specify this one in particular, the Norton one, and then continue to say it never gets referenced at all. I really just think they are in some massive denial at this point.

>RDJ in character during the end credits scene.
The incredible Hulk literally launched the Avenger initiative. Everything thing fell on that movie. If it bombed they would've started over no matter how well Iron Man did.

It's a new meme or they are so retarded that they are incapable of looking up the canon.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

Pretty much this, people are either retarded or ironically shitposting because they think it's funny.

Already confirmed for season four

the right is still with universal, and the movie itself wasn't made under marvel studio.

I alway assume MCU is kind of "it sort of happened" but leave out the details.

>You would think someone would mention the random powered people showing up
Vision and Ross did. AoU implies the Avengers had seen other enhanced people working for Hydra.

>and not once in that or any subsequent movie did anyone say "Oh wow, Coulson's still alive."
>implying BW had access to Fury's secret shit

It's even better how people think any Lee's hulk is canon.
>different origin, betty doesn't know banner is the hulk, reasoning for gamma experimentation is different.
"B.b.but south America"

Yes I know. But hopefully it's a short season and gets dropped.

Why? If you don't like it then just don't watch it. Why would you wish for the people who do enjoy it to not be able to enjoy it

Not to mention Talbot died in the 2003 Hulk but is alive and looks completely different in Agents of SHIELD.

Yeah but that was supposed to be the result of Hydra.

what I don't get is how people don't like The Incredible Hulk when it's literally no different from other Marvel films like Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America. Hell, I'd even say it's better than Thor or Captain America.

It's confirmed she knows in the tie-in novel and keeps it secret for the same reason Fury does.

FUCK OFF

WE JUST HAD THIS THREAD

Because internet memers/shitposters like to try and imply certain things aren't canon, purely to rustle jimmies

Nerds on Chinese imageboards don't get to decide canon, only the people who create and own this content do.

Because it's really boring and none of the characters are very interesting. It just sort of happens.

Dogshit getting heated in a microwave is better than Thor.

I just read an interview where the actress that plays Daisy complains about AOS not being recognized by anyone doing the movies.

Thor 1 is fine.

Thor 2 is dog shit.

Thor 1 made me never want to ever watch Thor 2.

Isn't Thor (2008) a sequel of sorts to Ang Lee's Hulk? This implies that the MCU was born in fucking 2003 and we've had 13 years of capeshit thus far.

Well that's your opinion but I think Thor 1 is perfectly watchable, but unremarkable. Has some fun moments, Loki and Heimdall are cool, more Coulson is always good

Thor 2 has 2 funny jokes and the rest is garbage

>Well that's your opinion
No shit.

So Thor 2, Iron Man 3, and Civil War are non-canon as well because I have no interest in seeing them.

I say it's a fucking meme. I don't trust this site to have genuine opinions anymore, just "say words that upset others" is how a huge chunk of this place runs now.

The actor swap is the problem, it shouldn't be consider Rhodey was swapped and that's never been a problem. So they have trouble showing footage from the old film with a different actor. I didn't see Civil War yet but they brought Ross back right? Same actor too so that obviously makes it as canon as anything else.

Ed Norton just fucked the whole thing up.

Well that's your opinion

Because the sooner a shitty Inhuman tv-universe is dead the sooner Marvel can put Inhumans back into their movie line-up.

No. What the hell gives you that idea?

>Isn't Thor (2008) a sequel of sorts to Ang Lee's Hulk?
How in the fuck did you come to that conclusion?

Thor 2 set up the whole Infinity Stone thing, even if the movie was shit it was kind of important

There's a tie-in novel? The fuck?

Also there's a fuckton of both Hydra and SHIELD shit that comes out in the show that can't possibly have been in those files. Coulson being alive not being mentioned doesn't change anything.

no. All they did was have Banner start out in South America as a little nod of the head.

The inclusion of Inhumans in AoS had nothing to do with the movie being dropped/pushed back.

>I alway assume MCU is kind of "it sort of happened" but leave out the details.

>tv shit
>canon ever

I think AoS is something along the lines of Clone Wars or Rebels. It exists within the "confirmed canon", but will never under any circumstance be relevant to the movies.

Banner references it himself in the first Avengers.

>mad
lol

no it happened norton was just recast. they tried reaching out to roth in the past, if they use abomination again they probably will again.

fuckng retards jesus christ

Abomination was originally planned for the first Avengers, but the idea was scrapped.

why would they planned that?

Because he's an already introduced heavy hitter

Why do so many people on Sup Forums thinking that The Incredible Hulk (2008) is better than Hulk (2003)

Cause it doesn't have that dumb comic panel shit

>The last time i was in new york I kinda.. broke harlem

Force Awakens has Clone Wars references

Seriously? Like, explicitly Clone Wars references and not just to the prequels as a whole?

It's subtle, but yes

So, basically, plot-irrelevant easter eggs that might become relevant to the shows or to a book or something, but never to the films.

Still there, just like how Bucky is controlled with the Faustus method from the TV shows

I want this thread to be honest right now: 2008 Hulk is a stupid stupid movie.

Does anyone REMEMBER what they saw?

It is one of the worst movies I've ever seen that people said was good.

But that was the best aspect of the Lee movie.

>I really just think they are in some massive denial at this point.

They are. They show literal footage of that movie in the first Avengers movie, when Tony Stark is looking at the footage Coulson gives him. Among plenty of other references throughout the MCU.

The true capekino