These shows aired in 2010, and are still running to this day. What were your initial thoughts on them at first...

These shows aired in 2010, and are still running to this day. What were your initial thoughts on them at first? Thoughts on them now? Do you still watch them? How will you feel when they're over?

Both suffered from relationship drama.

i like them because the characters in the show fill in the void i have from not having real friends

but most of the AT cast are assholes tho

that and AT want from light hearted fun and adventure to having way too much baggage
Though I'll be honest I'll try to catch up and watch them when I can but it's all TTG and SU on CN now so it's pretty shitty

>What were your initial thoughts on them at first?
I liked both of them! Very enjoyable and pleasant experiences. I really should re-watch them sometime soon. First 3 seasons of Adventure Time and first 4 seasons of Regular Show are fantastic.

>Thoughts on them now?
I don't think many people will deny that the best days of these cartoons have long passed. Adventure Time just completely lost it and went couldn't decide what it wanted to be. Absolutely no focus and totally lost control of pacing, atmosphere, and really a lot of what made it so good in the first place. Of both of them, AT definitely fell the hardest. As for Regular Show, is suffered a lot of the same as AT. It lost focus and tried more to tell strange stories that often didn't fit the tone very well. Of the two, it's more watchable, but it seems like they've run out of ideas.

>Do you still watch them?
I haven't watched either in about a year and a half.

>How will you feel when they're over?
Perhaps sad, but relieved at the same time. The good seasons still exist, but we have to live with the fact the later seasons exist, meaning neither reached their fullest potential. They don't need to go on forever like The Simpsons and Spongebob (although I can easily imagine AT reaching that obnoxious level), so ending is necessary at one point,

>treating opinions as facts

>hasn't seen the shows in a year and a half
user these shows have been running, and you lost all your credibility to review it. Adventure Time has picked itself up since season 6, which was when you stopped watching.
Initially AT didn't appeal to me that much, with the annoying promos. After a while it just caught on to me and stuck. I can't say it is the same since the beginning, but it is different, different doesn't always mean good/bad. I'm a little down when I remind myself that their next season may be their last.
I enjoyed Regular Show at the start, they were going where other CN shows hadn't, and they had jokes most kids wouldn't get. After a while, somewhere when they did their Halloween special that
>YOU'RE FIRED
>FIRED? I'M DEAD OHHH
It got boring, episodes focusing on Mordecai's relationships were tiresome. Humor was very A1 though. When it ends I won't think much of it, I currently have no interest in watching it and am seasons behind. I read that the show got better after the movie, but I also read that they argue about relationships a lot...

I meant to say that I last watched Regular Show about a year and a half ago (late 2014). I did watch season 6 of AT last year during the summer. While it was better than 5, I'm definitely sticking by my opinions that is incoherent, inconsistent and inferior to the first 3 seasons.

>Season 6
>better than season 5
surely you can't be serious
season 1 is over-rated, the episodes are fun and all, but the only God-tier seasons would be 2-3. The only "bad" season is season 6. user you haven't even seen the show since 2014. You have no business judging it.

>implying season 4 wasn't sub-human shit tier

>you haven't even seen the show since 2014

I haven't seen the show since late summer of last year. I thought I cleared that up. Maybe you're right about 6 being better, actually. 5 and 6 kind of blend together, though. They have a lot of the same core elements, regardless.

It really wasnt. Flame Princess and Finn episodes, I Remember You, Nightosphere 2 parter. Memorable stuff. The average ratings were 2.5 million. Season 1 averaged below 2 million. The show just refrained from visual humor, and music that meant something. How is that bad?

wait shit, i thought you were talking about RS. my bad

Adventure Time got too big for its britches. It wanted to be serialized, but it didn't have a game plan, and it suffered for it.

I defended all of the "relationship drama" that happened, and I still do. I even still defend Breezy. Finn used to be a perfect, morally upright figure, but then puberty hit and hormones clouded his judgement. I thought that was a brilliant twist. The guy who refused to kill the morally unaligned ants, the guy who's animal-clone-thing is locked in an eternal stare match with Princess Bubblegum's animal-clone-thing, is now emotionally abusive. Fucking awesome character development.

Then they just kind of dropped it. They're trying to pick up the pieces now, but it's too little too late.

As for Regular Show, I never kept up with it that much. It was a once-in-awhile sort of show. Now, I hear shit's getting real, and I regret not keeping up. The last major developments I saw were Steak Me Amadeus, Thomas' departure, and, of course, the movie.

They need to make a crossover movie before they leave and I'm good.

I thought the twist was shit and unnecessary desu. It's also too little too late to salvage his character development just as you said.

Adventure Time used to be great, started slowly getting worse while still being good, made a bunch of retarded decisions, but still gave out good stuff and was able to climb back.
I still think it's now worse than it used to be, but still pretty good.

On the other hand Regular Show is sad. It used to be pretty dang funny, but the stuff they were doing before I stopped watching two or so years ago was boring as shit. The characters are all boring and the fact that the show seems to be shifting attention to them is snore inducing, and the show suffered for it.
RS is just too boring for me to care about now, but I heard the movie that came out like 6 months ago was good. I should watch it some time.

I will fight anyone who atleast won't give Regular Show another chance. It's odd, they dropped to their lowest point at Dumped at The Altar, but immediately started to improve.

I like both, I've somewhat grown up with them since it's been like 6 fucking years already, I'd say I'm more hyped for the RS season finale than the AT one, but that's only because we don't know nothing about the AT one and they're still doing that "they didn't die, it's plot related" thing where they can't hold onto something.

I like the vibe the art of Regular Show gives, and I like the characters. When they tell a story that goes beyond an 11 minute episode (could be a half hour special or something that spans across seasons in both forms of episodes) it's really cool. I know that sounds lame but there's just something about it.

I think regular show has more of a buildup to its next big thing than adventure time does, and i watch both.

>Finn
>emotionally abusive
He hurts people's feelings in To Cut a Woman's Hair too user. He doesn't do it intentionally. Have you never seen Bun Bun? He is more mature and can speak with females he dated where as you was awkward and beta. Awesome character development indeed I would say.
>Adventure Time
>show with a specific plan or goal
pick one.
Adventure Time is meant to explore the land of Ooo and beyond while also learning about the inhabitants. It's been with this same description and is fine for it. Now we tend to focus more on characters, which is bad?

>You
he*

Obnoxious unfunny shit is the answer to both

what cartoons do you like user

his are shit and he knows it

>AT
This is cute
And then I stopped caring because it bored me and the style off put me
>RS
Cool show, very """subtle""" stoner show
and then it got super repetitive
I never stuck around with them enough to see them fully fall from grace

Loved Regular Show in 2010. Dropped it in early 2012. Never got into Adventure Time.

I think both overstayed their welcome

>What were your initial thoughts on them at first?
Wow! These shows are pretty cool!
>Thoughts on them now?
Bleh.
>Do you still watch them?
I stopped watching them a long time ago. All the characters just started annoying me (Betacai and BetaFinn especially) and the stories just got boring to me. I got tired of Mordecai's and Finn's relationships. Their plots became predictable and stall as did the humor.
>How will you feel when they're over?
Relieved. Might even rewatch them.
The only thing worse than a show ending abruptly is for it to go on and on til it's a corpse.
>You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

I love adventure time.
Bullshit. I hate it when people blow the relationship stuff out of proportion. There were a few episodes back in the day here and there and now they've pretty much moved on from it. Accept for the occasional reminder that Finn isn't gay.

>cartoons that ran six seasons
as compared to series that ran say, 10 seasons? 20 seasons? these exists, you know
and yes, we are easily satisfied passive watchers and we deserve to die

If Finn isn't gay the why does he see PB(his one true love he adores) as a boy hmmmm?

Ive never ben that partial to regualr show, and now just want it to end. Ive loved adventure time back in the day, and when it started going down hill it really affected my already worsening depression. I just want adventure time to have one more season to resolve all the plots and make finn a happy and succesful adventurer, then end it.

I thought Adventure time was going to be a poorly done knockoff of Flapjack. Turned out to be one of my favorite shows that I still enjoy despite it's decline in quality in the past few seasons. The current season is alright so far, but it would be nice if they could stick to something instead of undoing things three episodes later. As long as it ends well I won't be too upset about it ending.

RS turned out exactly how I thought it would when it came out. Don't really keep up with it any more as it kinda lost it's initial charm.

>AT
As many people have said started out really good, but the writing just got very bad. So many hyped up episodes that will "change everything forever" that end up being status quo'd back towards the final two minutes of said episode or later down the line.

>RS
Same thing with AT: was fun and enjoyable to watch at first, but is now meh. The episodes are practically the same and the way characters were written left a sour taste in my mouth (thomas comes to mind)

I haven't watched RS in since a few months ago while AT is probably over a year or two ago. I think when they'll end, plenty people will be upset and look back at the early seasons, but at the end of the day it's for the best. We don't need anymore SpongeBobs thank you.

The last hood episode of adventure time for me was in season 5. (Although something big was entertaining). The show started focusing in random shit like Jakes tail at a fucking circus

To be fair, he was some kind of deity, and who knows why he wants to stay in Ooos orbit.

Also, reminder that Billy is still dead.

First Airing:
AT>RS
Mid p1
RS>AT
Mid p2
Gumball>AT
Now
Gumball

>What were your initial thoughts on them at first? Thoughts on them now? Do you still watch them? How will you feel when they're over?

Loved AT back in 2010. The humor and made up slang started to grate on my ears as the time went on. The show got bogged down with relationship drama, and every time I give it a second time, they disappoint me by going back to the status quo as soon as they can.

Regular Show is pretty much the same, sans the annoying fake slang.

It'll be a shame when both shows are gone, but they fell from grace ages ago, so it won't be too depressing.

She's a lesbian, so it's pretty much the same thing.