Why are The Amazing Spider-Man movies inferior to Sam Raimi's Spider-Man?

Why are The Amazing Spider-Man movies inferior to Sam Raimi's Spider-Man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qZcpzkwCTXs
youtube.com/watch?v=dNFbb9utdzw&index=20&list=PLp97DziTaQEkAowGhmHr0USSDU139IWhT
youtube.com/watch?v=D9k5vw43OU0
youtube.com/watch?v=jeNLHfDGzVk
youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM
youtu.be/VUsssa6ArAY
youtu.be/gLmqMib8ewA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Sam Raimi knows how to frame a shot and have fun with his camera.

Why is literally all other capeshit so inferior to Raimi's Spider-Man movies?

Sam rami has a soul. Chris Nolan and Zack Snyder do not.

Does he fuck the cameras ?

Not even any memorable theme from the new ones.

youtu.be/qZcpzkwCTXs

Because Raimi isn't a hack. There will never be anything on the scale of his Spider-Man movies. They had the early 2000s charm about them. None of that bullshit iPhone crap you see in films these days.

Because he was in the business of making good movies, not in the business of making half baked capeshit to make money.

One Gotta Go
Spiderman 2

or

HULK

Raimi's Spiderman movies actually had heart.

They aren't? I vastly prefer the two Amazing movies to Raimi's three Spider-Man movies.

Raimi seriously nailed Spider-Man 1 & 2, it's hard to pick out exactly why because the first movie in particular was incredibly campy. Spider-Man 2 was so good that you could call it the best movie of the "capeshit" era. The casting was terrific too, Toby McGuire simultaneously nailed the nerdy Peter Parker role and the wisecracking Spider-Man role. Not to mention that the soundtrack was god-tier.

Wow. Did you really? Can you explain what you liked about Amazing Spider-Man?

Burton
Donner
Raimi
Nolan
are all actual directors with talent/skill

>inb4 Nolan REEEEEEEE BANE
>inb4 b-b-b-b-but what about russo bros

How come Riami won't make more super hero movies?

>wisecracking Spider-Man role
Really? I don't recall Toby's Peter quipping often. It was probably the only thing lacking from his portrayal.

>Can you explain what you liked about Amazing Spider-Man?

Kind of hard to pin down, but I'll try.

To start with, I like Spider-Man's movements more. He was much more acrobatic and agile a fighter. Some of that is the better CGI available, but another big part of it is also just that there was a conscious choice to make his fighting more spider feeling. At the same time, they were able to get his super-strength across much more, particularly in the scene in Amazing 2 where he catches the police car.

Speaking of, Spider-Man in Amazing 2 was much more of a wisecracker, the way he is in the comics - pic related.

Lizard and Electro were handled better than Goblin, Doc Ock, or any of the villains in 3. Doc Ock was the best of the bunch, but he has the flaw that the entire time I was watching him, I was saying to myself "wait, but isn't this just the Batman: the Animated Series' version of Mr. Freeze?"

I preferred the music. That's obviously a super-subjective thing, but the score to Amazing Spider-Man 2 is something I listen to a lot, and there was a particular quirk to Electro's theme that I really liked in the theater - the speaking parts initially only played out of a single speaker, making me think that it was actually someone talking in the theater who I couldn't see or that I was just hearing things...which played very well into selling Electro being genuinely insane (speaking of - best insane villain in a cape movie yet since he, again, comes across as being actually INSANE).

>Lizard and Electro were handled better than Goblin, Doc Ock, or any of the villains in 3.

Electro?

Did I read Electro?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>To start with, I like Spider-Man's movements more. He was much more acrobatic and agile a fighter.
You mention CGI but there's Webb's choice to opt for practical web-swinging, whereas it was completely CGI in the Raimi movies.

Also I appreciate how they focused more on Peter's smarts and science side, with him making the web shooters and using chemistry to defeat some villains, but overall I think I prefer Raimi's movies.

Tobey is a relatable actor, Garfield on the other hand is a fucking normie posing as a nerd.

>Lizard and Electro were handled better than Goblin, Doc Ock

I'm not even sure how to argue this, it's just so absurd. I'm with you on the way that Amazing Spider-Man had some excellent CGI, but god damn, how can you really think this about the villains?

This. Amazing Spider-Man was basically:

"Peter Parker is a good-looking, brilliant, fashionable, cool, charming.....nerdy loser."

I hear a lot of people saying that they didn't like Electro, and I genuinely don't understand this. Please explain.

I unironically loved him. He was a good representation of a genuinely troubled person and how they'd probably react when they got godlike power and the ability to vent their frustration and delusions on the people who used to mock them.

Jizz in my pants

lots

really miss the days when I took this kind of kinoquality for granted

What was wrong with Lizard?

one of Elfman's best scores honestly

They tried to reinvent the wheel.

They probably needed to, but it was way to soon for a reboot of a movie (franchise) that was still so fresh in peoples minds. And so they tried to tell the Spider-Man story but change everything. Then they got greedier in the second and tried to force to many story points to get spin offs started.

I don't like Garfield's portrayal of Peter at all. He was trying way too hard to be socially awkward to the point where it didn't work. He stuttered way too much. Peter's 'nerdiness' isn't from being a social retard, he's just really into science and is even up himself about how smart he is, looking down on jocks like Flash.

Also he skateboarded.

Amazing 2 had a great soundtrack. And I remember its closing theme far more than anything from Raimi's.

youtube.com/watch?v=dNFbb9utdzw&index=20&list=PLp97DziTaQEkAowGhmHr0USSDU139IWhT

In the above, particularly the part starting at 4:11

Also "Still Crazy" is extremely memorable, since it mixes Spider-Man's theme with Electro's in a great dueling themes piece.

Stop it I don't want to find him a meaning and starts liking him...

Electro is awful, watch that stupid blue face of Jammie Fox was painful

Opinions can't be wrong.

But yours is

Because Raimi wasn't doing it with the sole focus of making an expanded universe to collect those shekels. It was actually just mean to be a good trilogy, who'da thunk it?

Yeah, but in what way was he awful? What didn't you like about him?

Isn't that the question of the day?

>They had the early 2000s charm about them.
this. I usually dislike 00s vibe in movies, but Raimi's Spiderman films are the exception

Unironically the only good things about TASM were the suit and Gobby.
I really loved de Haan's acting.

I thought Harry Osborne in the reboot was more believable than Harry in the original. James Franco is a good actor, but he's too good at being a "regular guy". He was Peter's cool friend, and that's it. The new Harry Osborne genuinely felt like the creepy, isolated, neglected son of a multibillionaire.

A shame Harry was handled so poorly. He just shows up and we're just supposed to believe these 2 were best buddies with so much history? They hint at it but never go to the lengths of making it believable.

Also the Goblin design used was horrible. But the acting was pretty good, he had a great goblin laugh.

His motivations were fucking horrible compared to Raimi's Spider-man villains. Fuck even Eddie Brock had a better motivation. Jamie Foxx's reason for becoming a bad guy was forced and lacked any emotional depth. It was literally just:
>"I'm an awkward nerdy outcast who doesn't get recognition"
>"B-but my idol Spider-man saved me and said my name!"
>"But wait he forgot it so fuck you lol"

Now compare this
youtube.com/watch?v=D9k5vw43OU0
>that fucking music in the background
to this
youtube.com/watch?v=jeNLHfDGzVk

I seriously don't know if you're baiting or not

Electro ended up terrible because of how much they cut out.

He was supposed to be a killer and even a cop-killer before he got to Times Square, that was also the reason the sniper shot at him even though Spidey had it under control.

andrew garfield ruins everything with his spoopy ears and neck. where does his head start? where does his neck end? no one knows

That fringe legitimately infuriates me.

>tfw a mix between Garfield and Maguire doesn't exist to play the perfect Spider-Man/Peter Parker

That's the hairdresser trying their best to hide his huge forehead due to balding af syndrome™

You can even tell how some scenes are reshoots from a lot later because his hair looks different.

I guarantee Garfield is 100x better looking than you

because it's a movie made by suits.

Spiderman 2 > Spiderman > The Amazing Spiderman > Spiderman 3 > The Amazing Spiderman 2

>Lizard and Electro were handled better than Goblin, Doc Ock, or any of the villains in 3

You're wrong and you need to get your brain checked for some kind of defect. Having an opinion that is this objectively incorrect is not healthy.

>Also I appreciate how they focused more on Peter's smarts and science side

Yeah, the scene of him Binging "electricity" and watching some goofy Beakman's World sketch about how negative and positive charges work really showed how intelligent he was. Literal genius.

>"muh gimpy arm" is a weak motivation when the character has no other facets to their personality
>abysmal CGI and creature design
>doesn't wear his labcoat for more than one second
>he loses any possibility of being a tragic villain when his ultimate plan is revealed to be "shoot a blue laser into the sky that turns everyone into lizard monsters", which doesn't benefit or involve his original goal at all
>indirectly kills Captain Stacy, setting Gwen and Peter's relationship into motion, because Stacy was doing something stupid to stop the Lizard's even stupider plan
>they tease him in prison at the end of the film
>don't bring him back for the sequel

A better question is, what was right with him?

It's great. Especially the love/farewell themes.

>>doesn't wear his labcoat for more than one second
this annoys me more than it should

>you and I...are not so different

Seriously Raimi? The dialog in his films was cringy and predictable.

>there will never be a scene this perfect in any capeshit movie ever again
youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM

a brit spidet? come on... no amount of directing was going to fix that bullshit.

>capeshits can never top this action

youtu.be/VUsssa6ArAY

still gets me after all these years

kino

>His motivations were fucking horrible compared to Raimi's Spider-man villains.

"He's genuinely insane and now has superpowers" is horrible? How? The movie does a perfectly good job of establishing that the guy is already crazy before he gets his superpowers. And we don't need a deep backstory as to why he's crazy. Some people are just crazy.

>>"I'm an awkward nerdy outcast who doesn't get recognition"

No, he's MENTALLY DISTURBED, moron. The guy obsesses over anyone who shows him a modicum of kindness (he reacts in a similar way to Gwen in the elevator) but at the same time has deep anger and rage - remember his brief fantasy of flipping out on and strangling Smythe?

>"But wait he forgot it so fuck you lol"

Jesus Christ you're dense, that's not even remotely it and I can't understand how you don't realize that except through willful ignorance.

Among other things, yes, Spider-Man forgot Electro's name, but did otherwise remember him and managed to bluff Electro into telling him his name while making Electro think that Spider-Man had remembered it. They were still mostly friendly at that point.

One part of Electro's insanity is that he wants to be noticed but utterly lacks the self-esteem and mental ability to reach out to people in a functional, healthy way. When he was in Times Square, he was suddenly the center of attention and everyone noticed him and was looking at him - yeah, in fear, but it was people noticing him all the same, so for him it was good. When Spider-Man saved the people Electro accidentally put in danger, he "stole" the attention that Electro craved from him...and as previously established with Smythe, Electro has an extremely short temper that had previously only been held in check by his utter lack of power.

I find it less likely that you didn't get Electro and more likely that Electro hits a bit too close to home for people like you.

He stole the web canisters from Oscorp and didn't make them himself. No intelligence there. Also in the second movie didn't Gwen have to tell him how to defeat Electro?

Lame.

As in, your idea and the original idea is lame.

We've seen a million career criminals and killers get superpowers and go on a rampage, it's done, boring, and passé at this point. Electro was the first time in a long-ass time that we saw someone who was genuinely insane but previously harmless (or at least had no history of violence) get superpowers. It was a guy who'd never broken a law in his life but you could tell was all of two years, max, from showing up to work one day with an AR-15 and just gunning down everyone he could see.

>he loses any possibility of being a tragic villain

I feel you're forgetting that Kurt Connors and The Lizard are two different personalities. There's nothing tragic about The Lizard, he's basically a James Bond supervillain. He's just stuck in the head of an otherwise normal and decent man, Kurt Connors, who is tragic because all he wanted to do was re-grow his arm, only now he's stuck with Dr. Moreau sitting inside his head looking for a chance to come out.

>don't bring him back for the sequel

He wasn't needed in that sequel. Maybe if we'd gotten the damned Sinister Six movie, but NOOOOO, fucking assholes like you complained about "muh motivation" with Electro when his motivation was spelled out clearly on the screen and was one of the more realistic ones in capeshit because it's one that ACTUALLY HAPPENS in real life, it's just that usually guys like Electro get machine guns and shoot up their office, instead of superpowers and shoot up Times Square. The end result is basically the same either way, as is the personality that leads into it.

He repurposed OsCorp cable into the webs and also constructed the actual web-shooters himself. But yeah apparently he didn't learn about batteries and insulation at school because he had to use Bing and have Gwen tell him things.

>he's MENTALLY DISTURBED
>he's insane!
Yeah those aren't really motivations for becoming evil, kid. Spider-man stealing his spotlight is the shitiest and most lazy reason for why he became a villain. It's basically school shooter tier.

>actually think's fucking Electro's motives are better than Raimi's Golbin or Doc Ock
>defending 2014's TASM2 this hard

Tobey didn't make any "most sexy" lists, at least not before Spiderman. Tobey was short and looked boyish.

No, it's not "my" idea, and I didnt say he was a career criminal. He kills his abusive mother and some corrupt cops who show up at his house after becoming Electro, then goes to Times Square.

Just check the deleted scenes and you'll see it's not "my" idea.

He got the webbing from Oscorp, he developed the canisters himself, and we see him tinkering with them a bunch to get them right.

In the second movie, Gwen comes up with a solution to the fact that Electro's power would cause Spider-Man's web-shooters to get fried. Spider-Man is the one who comes up with the way to actually defeat Electro, though he needs Gwen's help (because it requires both getting Electro into a certain spot and pushing a certain button in a different spot, he can't be in two places at once).

Earlier, though, Spider-Man was the one who came up with the water solution to knock out Electro in Times Square. He tries it again on Electro at the power station, but it doesn't work because by then Electro has enough power in him that he can put up some kind of field to stop the water from reaching him.

Overall this version of Parker comes across as being more of an engineer than a scientist, but I'm cool with that.

Russos are only good by MCU standards, they really aren't that great besides being slightly less corny and bringing better fight scenes to the franchise

>Yeah those aren't really motivations for becoming evil, kid.

And yet it happens literally every year in real life, all across the planet.

> It's basically school shooter tier.

More office worker tier. And again, it's something that happens every year, in real life. Which you presumably know for a fact, and yet are for some reason rejecting that in a world where getting superpowers is a real possibility, there wouldn't be the threat of this exact thing happening.

I'd once again like to advance the idea that Electro just hit too close to home for you.

Oh, and as for Goblin and Ock? Goblin was evil because he was poisoned by goblin serum that gave him a split personality, and also mad that his board of directors was staging a hostile takeover of his company.

Doc Ock was evil because he was his robot arms told him to be.

Don't even try and pretend that either of them have a better motivation that Connors or Electro. At best they are on a level playing field.

>Just check the deleted scenes and you'll see it's not "my" idea.

I believe you, since I've seen them, but that doesn't change that it's lame. I much prefer the "office worker snapping" that we actually got. In particular if he'd already killed people but then mostly-harmlessly defends himself at Times Square and can be talked down by Spidey, that would create some serious pacing issues. Either he's snapped already or he hasn't; deleting those scenes was for the best.

Although perhaps even better would have been him initially getting away from Times Square and coming home to find his abusive mother celebrating the payment she's getting from OsCorp for his death, and then killing her, after he's already had his "I am a God" moment at Times Square. Post-psychotic break, basically. Then he gets captured.

I can't stand Tobey's portrayal.
He is neither likable as a whiny little bitch nor as a pretentious smartass. I have no idea how anyone can find him relatable.

I don't really like Tobey at all though.

This man right here.

Feminists must hate him.

>Why are The Amazing Spider-Man movies inferior to Sam Raimi's Spider-Man?

For one, Raimi didn't have one of his villains play the Itsy Bitsy Spider tune during a climactic fight scene.

Genuine WTF moment in TASM2, one of its bigger crimes against cinema.

One of you is wrong. Anyone that isn't mentally disturbed or insane would see that someone who is, as being evil
(Hence why when someone calls a mad genius insane, he denies it super hard.)
Max I have a hard time believing as real. He looked up to Spiderman until the voices in his head told him Spidey was a lier. If it wasn't for that I doubt he'd have been 'an office shooter.' I think he'd have tried to control his powers and be a hero.

Also no one was really mean to Max. I mean... not by New York standards. So he had to work late on his birthday. So the higher ups didn't remember his name. So he accidentally got some stuff knocked out his arms. What is he ? A 6th Grader?
If you want something thar handles it's villain's motivations well, Dreamworks' Megamind did it better. And for a better Electro story there's Spiderman the new animated adventures. Max is actually Bullied (like hit and teased and has stuff thrown at him) and his murderous rampage is way more believable.

>He looked up to Spiderman until the voices in his head told him Spidey was a lier.

It was a wee bit more complicated than just the voices in his head telling him that. It also took Spider-Man stealing the spotlight from him (which was the one thing Max craved more than anything else), after having been shot at by the cops a bunch, on a day that he died in what could only have been incredibly pain, on what was also his birthday - and all this happening to someone who was already mentally unstable.

Although I did love those voices used in "My Enemy". When I was a in the theater the voices were only coming out of the back right speaker, and they start out really quiet, so I was constantly looking to see if someone was talking or something, but never saw anyone (due to being in the top row).

Really sold what I can only assume was the schizophrenia vibe they were going for.

Sam Raimi had vision and talent. Even in SM3 there are good bits.

TASM was made by suits and marketing companies.

>For one Raimi didn't have... itsy bitsy spider during climatic scene.
You what??
Did you WATCH the first Spiderman?
youtu.be/gLmqMib8ewA

Marvel forever changed the capeshit game. Now everything has to have an extended universe and each movie is a glorified advertisement for the next one.

Raimi probably wants full creative control but the kikes only see Marvel shekels.

>A 6th Grader?

A CRAZY PERSON, YOU MORON. They made it abundantly clear that the guy had mental issues already even before he pretty much literally died.

Sane people don't talk like this:

>Woh-ho, look who's here? Spidey! How was your morning? He says, "Hey, Max." And then he says, "I've been out saving the world, protecting everybody. But it's soon somebody's Birthday today?" That's why you're here. You remembered my Birthday! All the crime fighting you've been doing, and all of a sudden you take time out to come visit me? Little old me, Max. It's...it's amazing. But...of course you would. Why wouldn't you visit me? We're best friends. What are you doing? You baked me a cake? People don't get a chance to see these small kind these that you do for people. I...I know what they say about you in the press, but it doesn't matter to me because I know the real you, because you're amazing. Wow! That's what the press needs. They should call you "The Amazing Spider-Man." You like that, Spidey? "I like it a lot, Max." Good, because today is going to be amazing!

Because Sam Raimi

thats literally just pic related

You can't blame Marvel for wanting pretty heavy control over the MCU. Since the entire point is a shared universe with a unified plot thread that leads up to Infinity War, every movie has to work with and make sense in that framework.

In essence the MCU is less like a movie franchise and more like one exceptionally long TV show. The episode directors and writers of a TV show generally only have limited control over their episodes as well, having to ultimately conform to whatever the head writer and show director want.

>raps in schizophrenia
Kek. But I still listen to that song.

Also
>wanted to be in the spotlight/his birthday
dude was in his late 30's/early 40's. Being famous or in the spotlight is not nor should it be a priority. As far as motivations go, i was ready to accept the evil for the sake of insanity. But that crap wouldn't even be excepted in the 60's.
>shot a bunch
No. One sniper had an itchy trigger finger. The cheif even called out "I said hold your fire". That's when Max thought Spidey lied to him about people not going to be aftaid. Unfortunately this caused him to attack the sniper and THEN he got shot a bunch. He acted out first.

I'm fine with MCU being MCU, it's just that everyone and their rabbi is trying to get on the same gravy train.

I want comfy kino of Raimi-Peter doing science homework and taking Aunt May out for a walk in Central Park and gently fucking Mary Jane in the missionary position while she gazed deeply into his eyes.

It's all I want.

Honestly that sounds like a person talking to their baby. Not that crazy. Or even their pet! That's the thing about Max. Webb tried to remake Catwoman from Batman Returns. The thing is, you and other people just think Electro was always insane.
Think about it.
>poor underappreciated employee
>gets killed/thinks they were killed by their boss
>licked by animals that give them their respective powers.
>They wake up from a coma
>THEN they go insane.

>Being famous or in the spotlight is not nor should it be a priority.

He's. INSANE. What about this do you not get? You're expecting him to act rationally. Why would he act rationally? What about his character suggested that he was anything more than a barely functional adult.

And no, he didn't want to be in the spotlight because it was his birthday. He wanted to just be noticed by the people around him AT ALL. Not bumped into and pushed aside on the sidewalk, not having his designs for power stations stolen by his asshole bosses, not just generally ignored by everyone around him all the time. Consider how ecstatic he was when Gwen merely remembered his name in the elevator.

In Times Square he finally, for once in his life, had people actually noticing him, in a way that went beyond his wildest dreams - people looking at him and his face showing on a dozen screens around Times Square. Oh, and on top of that his best friend, Spider-Man, shows up to help him out.

And then his supposed best friend proceeded to steal that from him, by replacing his face with Spidey's own on the screens and getting everyone in Times Square to cheer Spidey's name. All he ever wanted was taken away from him, by his best friend, who used the result of a horrible day to his advantage to steal the spotlight from Electro. So Electro finally, after years of anger, frustration, low self-esteem, and being ignored, finally just snapped.

For the record, this isn't after some kind of careful examination of the situation. I got all this on my first watching of the film.

>No. One sniper had an itchy trigger finger.

You're forgetting that he had already been shot at a bunch before Spidey showed up, as well as had tear gas canisters thrown at him.

>He acted out first.

I don't deny that at all, but he acted out in a way that, to him, seemed perfectly rational. It just doesn't seem rational to us...BECAUSE HE'S INSANE.

There was no baby or pet in the room, it was just him, to himself, holding a conversation with Spider-Man, who wasn't actually there (but I'm not 100% certain that Max knew that).

And also let's not forget that after a single ten-second long encounter with Spider-Man, he thinks that he and Spidey are best friends, enough to call up a radio DJ and say as much.

Don't get me wrong I love this movie. The only things I don't like are the pacing (mostly Harry and Peter. And Gwen and Peter's break up. They just told us what happened and how they felt) and Electro's modus operandi. (I would've had him be the reluctant criminal who is misunderstood to the point where he just accepts that he's a monster once he changes.)
Everything else (the special effects, the dialogue, the funny bits, Gwen's death and it's aftermath) where, for lack of a better word, kino.

That scene were Peter tries to save Gwen was tense as fuck though.

I know people love to hate on this movie but from a character standpoint, it was actually pretty interesting for a capeshit flick. Like I was actually invested in Peter and Gwen's relationship, and I could feel for Electro as this tortured, irrational, crazy soul. Idk maybe I just like shit films, but nothing about that movie suggested it was anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

He did quip, but only when he was feeling confident. There were plenty of times where he was genuinely afraid of the outcome, and you can hear it in his voice.

KEK

But the thing is that even when Peter's not confident, he still quips. He uses it to not only cover up how scared or nervous he is, but to also throw his enemies off. Spider-Man is one of the few characters where constant quipping is completely in character.

I'm not saying he should be quipping in every scene, but when he's fighting there should be quips. Or you establish that he quips a lot so then when the stakes are higher, you have him not quip to show how serious the situation really is.

Okay, user. I have just one more thing. If Max really is as insane as you say he is.... how come he was able to make those plans in the first place? Heck how was he able to get the JOB in the first place in 2014 America? He was obviously able enough to take care of his bedridden mother, even if he couldn't stand her.
>inb4 but he killed her!
A). He was planning to do it. Generally crazy people don't plot.(yes even insane people act a certain way) they're "like a mad dog chasing a car. They don't know what they'd do if they caught it." A sane person who hates or is constantly annoyed by another person WILL plan or imagine their death.
B) Why are you bringing up scenes not in theatrical release. OP asked why people didn't like these movies. You think they would buy something they don't like?
user, I'm just trying to say, you make it sound like he was always mad. He wasn't. If anything he WENT mad when he saw that everyone was angry and feared him, and the final straw was him being beaten up by his hero (which they never bring up how big a fan of Spidey he was after that scene).

Why are you attacking ME? I love this film.

>Lizard and Electro were handled better than Goblin, Doc Ock, or any of the villains in 3
>each villain had their own somewhat human resoning for being evil
>all the villains in the amazing series can be summed up in "lol oscorp"

Welp. Lucky for you he's "in his home" with the house of quips.

>nice outfit. Did your faggot husband make it for you?
Jesus raimi

Alright here's a few reasons why the Sam Raimi trilogy are probably my favourite superhero movies. Details might be a bit hazy, basing them off the last time I watched them.

The villians in the trilogy are paced really well and have the most legitimate reasons to do what they do.
- Green Goblin was denied the time to complete his research, he knew it would be successful but got shot down anyway. Osborn initially only uses Green Goblin to get what he needs/wants (his research continuing, his company, revenge on those who have screwed him over). In addition he is under the influence of his chemical, which makes it all the more heart-breaking when Parker sees him die, because he knew in those final moments when Osborn told him to "not tell Harry" that Osborn actually cares for his son and has wanted to be someone that Harry could look up to.
- Doc Ock was determined for his device to be successful, and was highly focused on it. The major thing that kept him from being solely focused on his work was his love for his wife, which is established when he talks about love with Parker. Doc Ock also while being fairly humble likes to believe that he is always correct, which is why he continues with the experiment even though it reaches unstable levels. His wife dies as a result, and he wants to prove to himself that it wasn't his fault that she died, and that he was actually correct. His drive to do this is so strong now with his tentacles and his wife dead that he is willing to do whatever he needs to be successful. This is also why he doesn't have a problem with fighting Parker, because the small voice inside him saying that Parker was correct in his calculations aggravates him.
cont.

Kek.
>Green Goblin: betrayed by the company. I wom't shut my experiments down so I'm evil.
>Doc Ock: last sane memory is being betrayed by the company. I won't shut my experiments down so I'm evil.
>Lizard: betrayed by the company. I won't shut my experiments down so I'm evil.
>Sandman: we're the company. We won't shut the experiments down so he's evil.
>Electro: Company. Down. Experiments. Evil.
>Venom:betrayed. Company. Evil.
It's funny how the only time they went away from the comics with their villains were the two Harrys. They were the only good villains.

Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 2 > The Amazing Spider-Man > Spider-Man 3