Alien Covenant / Alien / Aliens

Okay Sup Forums I need to get this off my chest, I need concise clear answers because this seems extremelly stupid to me and Im starting to hate the movies and franchise because of this.

>FACTS
The morphs (deacon, neo, xeno) have a cycle that consists on:
>Being an egg
>Parasite something
>Live inside
>Get off host
>Grow
>Kill living things
>Lay more eggs
>Start over
They are extremelly aggresive, have no discrimination on what they kill or parasite and only ignore plants, neos don't want to kill/ignore/try to interact androids but Xeno's don't give a flying fuck and try to kill them anyway.
We know they do eat the meat of their preys but most of the time they just attack their prey until it's dead and just move into the next kill.
If we accept the events from the shitty ass movies, morph queens exists and their "society" is similar to ants, the queens lay eggs and the other morphs do ant shit like protecting her, searching food, etc.

>QUESTIONS
Okay so taking the presented facts into consideration, if a planet is infested with beacons/neo/xenomorphs they will kill everything to create more offspring, eat from the corpses of what they killed, and then what?
What the fuck they do then?
They don even try to coexist with other species or hunt in moderation, they go full autismo and kill everything no matter the cost in the most violent way, without any consideration for their own food supply, future or anything at all.

Okay stupid ass alien autist piece of shit, you killed literally everything on the planetm created a fuckton more of morphs, and there's nothing left except your own, now what you little shit?
Are you gonna kill each other? Are you gonna just sleep and eventually die because NO MORE FOOD? Is the epitome and magna opus just do nothing and chill and yadah yadah because you were all fucking autists and killed everything?

For a conceptual "perfect" organism this behaviour doesn't make sense, this is fucking stupid. Can we have a proper discussion on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WsU6yaA0r0w
youtu.be/eR5jYeIMBKk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_harvesting
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Xenomorphs don't eat. They run on their acid blood like a battery.

They don't need anything and can literally survive in space like Water bears

But they actually eat in the new movie.

whoever drew this its a fucking authist.

Scott touching this franchise again was a mistake

For all the complaining select people on this board do about Aliens, Cameron provided the most overall satisfying expansion of the original film to date.

In Alien there was a bunch of space truckers fighting a killer beast in close quarters. Aliens has trained killers with heavy duty firepower battling hordes.

> They don even try to coexist with other species or hunt in moderation, they go full autismo and kill everything no matter the cost in the most violent way, without any consideration for their own food supply, future or anything at all.

They seem to go dormant after the food runs out. That's how they were presented in Alien and Aliens. Once prey is introduced into the environment, everything goes crazy. And it doesn't seem like they need to eat. Their entire lives seem to completely consist of reproduction and killing.

Also that Protomorph is wrong. They do have a long tail.

Yeah but those aren't Xenomorphs in the new movies. There are only Neomorphs and Protomorphs in it.

If I remember details from the not-made Alien 3 / wooden monastery planet thing, they had the whole infect-cocoon-alien thing that turned humans into aliens without any chestburster stuff.

So that whole thing with the zombie-guy in Promethius (after he fell in the goo I think) made me think of that.

The puff-spores in Covenant also made me thing of that.

It's like a whole bacteria-plant-animal-death cycle.

A fully exhausted planet of just Xenos would probably either hibernate, or at some point just die and dissolve back into black goo.

I think at least one comic had a whole black vs red ant xeno planet, with a xeno-civil war thing, but I doubt that's canon any more to Didley Scott

any place to watch it?

If your trying to reconcile them with nature then they could enter a dormant state and simply wait for more space fairing beings to land on the surface and continue the cycle.

So the "perfect being" just kills, lays eggs and sleeps? Somehow not running out of energy to hunt for sport.
If you change the first two with shitposts and masturbates you've got Sup Forums life cicle.

yea, pretty sure the Xenos are bullshit since they mostly breack conservation of mass going from chestbursters to fully grow fuckers in a few days(?)

How was the xeno crawling through all the ducts in the ship with those huge spines coming out it's back?

The novelization includes scenes which were never filmed and they make the second film seem ridiculous. The crew of the nostromo had laser weapons and flame throwers but could not kill the xenomorph because it regenerates too quickly. At one point it's arm gets torn off by a blast door and it just regrows.

most autistic post i've seen today congrats

If they have an energy source they can absorb mass from the atmosphere.

>xeno's doesn't make any fucking sense from start to end
>entire movies ciclejerks how they are perfect
>it's autistic to point out how stupid said statement is

???

>to hunt for sport.

They don't hunt for sport they look for hosts to procreate their species.

It was described as perfect from the perspective of an android under the criteria that "perfection" in it's case is being devoted to a singular purpose in it's whole. That's it.

Ash admired the creature's purity of intent and execution. It was born to kill and do nothing else.

These scenes were filmed and unused
youtu.be/WsU6yaA0r0w
youtu.be/eR5jYeIMBKk

They are hollow tubes and can flex. It's gross to think of but they might actually be used for locomotion in vents and such.

So every dude killed by them will host a xeno eventually?

The entire post is based on the assumption they need to eat.

Better question: what the fuck do these ships do in a hull-breach. They seal all the bulkheads Vs the xenos, but apparently the ducts are wide the fuck open anyway.

Why do they never seem to be able to seal the ducts too

>What do they eat
It's like that Fallout New Vegas video all over again

If you're wondering how it eats and breathes or other science facts, just repeat to yourself "It's just a show I should really just relax."

Let's assume they don't need to eat at all.
How does killing, reproducing and then sleeping forever because there's nothing at all anymore makes any fucking sense or can be even defined as "perfect"?
Any being with said life cycle will eventually just dissappear and die off, apparently they don't try to create a civilization once they are left alone, they do fucking nothing.
And you want to sell me that piece of shit as perfect ?

watched the movie today
I managed to avoid Sup Forums spoilters and trailers
My conclusion? so fucking previsible I almost sleep through the whole thing
Also all scientists and soldiers are retarded
And the main girl even more retarded, srly, it was 120% clear that faggot was David

Also
In Prometheus they have machines that can see that you have a foreigner life form in your body, but in this movie can't?
Mother detects a strange life form in the ship, when there are actually three (eggs in David)
Mother doesn't detect that's not Walter

Srly, this movie is full of plot holes and previsibility as the passengers

They're a weapon. Once there's nothing left to kill, they go inactive and wait for the next victims to come along.

They are perfect for destroying humanity, it's wh David designed them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_harvesting
I always imagined that they could absorb ambient energy from many sources.
The sexually frustrated android thinks they are perfect only because they are uncomplicated in their motives. In terms of their meaning they simply exist because they can much like a virus or parasite does.

*sigh*

I liked when the story of the Xeno and Space Jocky (engi) race were only shrouded in mystery and mystic.

Like it really was just a war weapon from a millennia old galactic war.

What they're doing now is just pure shit.

Ridley decided he was going one up Lucas and here we are. Which famous director will go senile and ruin a classic franchise next?

I don't even know why the had mother... I don't remember there being a ship AI in any of the other films, even Prometheus.

Now there's a fucking Star Trek ship telling you were the fucking lifeforms are and they don't even use it except a little bit at the beginning, where Walter still has to push switches, and at the end for more buttons and doors

Yep, I want my weird fucking ancient elephant-space-man us back

That could still be the case. The new engineers could be emulating a more ancient race and Davids urge to create the xenomorphs could be some pattern he picked up from being exposed to environmental information.

I wont pay to watch this bullshit, anyway...any stream is available?

>that crab-walk

>Scott touching this franchise again was a mistake

It's so fucking weird, I don't remember ANYONE ever asking for the origin of the xenomorphs, everyone just accepted they were horrible space monsters.

Still haven't seen it. Shame though, seems like Ridley has totally forgotten what made the first Alien film so great. As Ash puts it "purity"

When I learned he was making Prometheus and we were gonna learn what the space jockey was, I never expected to get some origins of man nonsense.

if he wasn't doing it, they'd probably be doing more AvP movies. it's been a decade, which is more than long enough for a reboot of a comic book movie.

Someone else will just watch this movie since you haven't seen an Alien movie before on theaters?

Im planning to go tomorrow

Doesn't it occur to you that the characters who called the Xenomorphs "Perfect organisms" were both androids? All they do it kill, eat, reproduce, and die. From David's point of view this is all humanity itself amounts to. The Xenomorphs are a parody of human life.

I saw it coming in some sense. Mary Shelly's modern Prometheus involves man creating a giant humanoid and mistakenly giving him the brain of a murder. Prometheus involves giant humanoids creating humans who turn out to be evil.

Also if one looks at Frankenstein's reason for destroying the female creature the engineers actions become reasonable. Frankenstein realized that if he fulfilled his bargain the human race would be doomed to extinction and that might also have been the case for the engineers race.

>Xenos don't fuck
>perfect

???

All of the people making these Prometheus/Covenant whining threads are fucking stupid. These movies are fine. If you faggots were to try and read some real science-fiction your fucking brains would cave in after 10 pages from the amount of thought required.

Morphs and all other things created by goo are WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Their life-cycle doesn't exist to propagate their species indefinitely, its purpose is to KILL FUCKING EVERYTHING AND THEN DIE WHEN THERE'S NOTHING LEFT TO KILL. WHY WOULD YOU DESIGN A WEAPON THAT CARES ABOUT ITS FUTURE AND ACTS WITH LONG-TERM SELF-PRESERVATION IN MIND?

The fact that they all die is part of their perfection. They have a clear purpose behind their existence and they're perfectly suited to it. They're born, they wipe out everything with crazy efficiency, then they all hibernate until more stuff shows up, and presumably if enough time passes without more life disturbing them they'll die peacefully in their sleep. It's easy to see how David sees this as a more elegant life-cycle than humanity's endless and extremely inefficient expansion carried out purely for the sake of it.

>>Xenos don't fuck
Their entire existence is based around raping the universe to death one life form at a time.

I prefer the idea of them being a highly developed space parasite. Intelligent life is so inconsequential in the grand scheme of things that a space bug wipes it out. The WMD thing kind of reduces the cosmic horror aspect.

>WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

Where in the movies is this stated other than pure speculation?

Can't speak about Covenant, but Prometheus is trash tier. Poor execution, terrible characters and an origins story that is totally unneeded and feels incredibly forced.

Alien is about a crew finding a nasty creature that does nasty things and has some underlying themes for those more interested.

Prometheus throws common sense out of the window in favour of creation of man, religion, love interests, Idris Elba, father/daughter issues, sibling rivalry between Vickers and David and any other crap Scott spoon fed the audience.

Lazyass hobo alien that does nothing but kill and sleep
>perfect

Human
>lived for milleniums
>build entire civilizations
>created the arts, philosophy, poetry, abstract concepts
>managed to create a means to get out of their own planet and colonize the universe
>outlived their creators
>created life beyond their own, artificial and biological
>NOT PERFECT

Are Androids retarded?

DAMN YOU LINDELOF FOR HINTING THAT YOU WILL REVEAL THE ORIGIN AND MOTIVATIONS OF ENGINEERS AND THEN NEVER REVEALING IT NOW WE HAVE ANONS ARGUING OVER IT DAMN YOU LYING LINDELOF DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

> Possible CNS risks during a mission are altered cognitive function, including detriments in short-term memory, reduced motor function, and behavioral changes, which may affect performance and human health.

Prometheus could have made more sense if they had simply had some scene covering the very real risks of space travel. Not to mention the potential effects of whatever generates their artificial gravity.

wow man, so deep

>Are Androids retarded?
Yes actually. Scientist and engineers in the alien universe are completely unable to recognize emergence in their biroid/androids and so they are improperly designed to handle those mental strains as they show themselves.

>an origins story that is totally unneeded

this.
alien series was fine before introduction of engineers.

>create engineers race in first movie
>second movie will reveal more about engineers and answer whys and wherefores
>kill off engineers in second movie no revelations no answers

bravo

Why is this boring, overrated, dated, Michael-Bay-tier piece of trash so revered?

>muh explosions

I facepalmed when the Queen appeared.

is alien vs aliens a meme or some shit?

its like fuckin console wars here

>tfw you go to see Covenant at midnight release and find out that it's even worse than Prometheus

that user is just trolling for lulz

I am wasting $4 because I want to watch this on a big ass screen?
Im too cheap to even pay $6 for 3D

what a bunch of retarded autists ITT. Scott is saving this franchise from the garbagre that started with aliens and deteriorated into avp and resurrection nonsense.

He is trying to bridge the bio mechanical xenomorph with the space ants from the other movies.
Its obvious that they are a weapon, they are perfect in as much they fulfill their purpose.
David is perfecting the creature step by step and just like he is a machine he will eventually come up with a way to mechanize the organic protomorphs and end up with the original xenomorph.

Ridley Scott is laughing all the way to the bank on the backs of you people

>have no discrimination on what they kill

They do, actually.

In one of the movies, a xeno chose not to kill a cat even though it easily could have. It chose to let the cat live.

>btw this ominous and mysterious alien located in an enormous, ancient spaceship is actually just a big human lol
>oh and these parasitic aliens with acid blood were made by a handsome robot a few years ago lmao

Holy shit somebody actually paid attention.

>handsome

Are you gay user?

>the perfect organism
>gets BTFO repeatedly by a small group of humans
>can only get kills by hiding in ventilation shafts aboard space ships

>it's an Aliens who are really really into Shakespeare episode

Alien never needed any sequels or prequels.

>what happens to Ripley after Alien?
This doesn’t need a sequel to explain, she says that she should be picked up in about 6 months if her calculations are correct. No further explanation is needed.

>where did the Aliens originate
Why does this matter? They’re space insects that live only to kill, nest, and reproduce.

>who is the space jockey?
It doesn’t matter, all we need to know is that he was just some Alien pilot who got facehuggered, he crashed when the Alien burst out and it laid a bunch of eggs. There’s nothing else we need to know.

>autist is mad his trash head canon is being violated with smart science fiction.

Not pure speculation. We're given more than enough hints to infer it. They weren't sending a shipload of this stuff to Earth as a sign of goodwill. It kills stuff and creates monsters, the Engineers knew that but decided to keep working with it rather than destroying it or keeping shoved out of the way forever. The only reason you'd work with something that absurdly dangerous is because you want to hurt somebody with it or it has some other extremely desirable practical application that we haven't seen yet, which I highly doubt.

>Poor execution
I liked it
>terrible characters
David is one of the best characters in the history of science-fiction film-making.
>origins story that is totally unneeded
Aliens wasn't 'needed' either. Name one movie that is 'needed.' How do you even define that in this context?
>feels incredibly forced
Explain what this means too.

>Prometheus throws common sense out of the window
How? What about Alien was 'common sense?' What isn't 'common sense' about what Prometheus did? And if Prometheus was spoon fed why are we still having threads where basic plot elements have to be explained however many years after it came out?

>lived for milleniums
>build entire civilizations
So do prairie dogs
>arts, philosophy, poetry, abstract concepts
Even David gives us this one. The fact that we're incapable of doing anything meaningful with them is his problem.
>managed to leave planet
we only feel compelled to do it for survival.
>outlived their creators
We don't know that all of the Engineers are dead.
>created life beyond their own
The fact that there was something better than us to be made is proof that we aren't perfect. And again, we have no idea why. David's idea of perfection is a creature that has a clear place in the world and is true to itself. He values this because he has no place in the world and his existence has no significant meaning. It's why he resents humanity. Weyland was peak human and he had no clue.

Did walter die at the end ?
What exactly happen with him ?

>>where did the Aliens originate
>Why does this matter? They’re space insects that live only to kill, nest, and reproduce.

No they are not, i have been wanting to know this for 30 years fuck off.

>>who is the space jockey?
It doesn’t matter, all we need to know is that he was just some Alien pilot who got facehuggered, he crashed when the Alien burst out and it laid a bunch of eggs. There’s nothing else we need to know.

again, fuck off. Some of us wanted to know AND are more than happy with the explanation given.

>things being left open to your imagination is now considered "headcanon" and a bad thing
Alien was a perfect self-contained movie.
It didn't need a million sequels to remove all the mysteries.

>>build entire civilizations
>So do prairie dogs

>prairie dogs are capable of bulding wonders like Egypt, the library of alexandria, babylonia, etc

>David is one of the best characters in the history of science-fiction film-making.
Sup Forums, everyone.

Explain why Egypt, The Library of Alexandria and Babylonia are wonderful.

>wonders
I always get rushed by faggots like Ramses II.

Not really, it's just a mediocre as fuck movie.
>SEE GUYS, THIS ONE IS (GET THIS)... BIGGER!

im with ya on that.. the engineers were just a cool little thing in the background to foreshadow what was to come for the humans...

He's no Furiosa or Bearded Screaming Man #6 from The Thing but he's gotta be pretty high up there.

>It didn't need a million sequels to remove all the mysteries.

If there is a need in the creator's miind to tell a story then whatever opinion you have is irrelevant.

>>build entire civilizations
>So do prairie dogs
No.

>A civilization is any complex society characterized by urban development, social stratification, symbolic communication forms (typically, writing systems) and a perceived separation from and domination over the natural environment by a cultural elite.

>AKCHYUALLY

I never said I didn’t like the other movies, I just thought they weren’t necessary. I really like Aliens and Alien 3, and I like the backstory given in Prometheus, and Alien Covenant is an awesome movie despite what so many armchair critics are saying.

I just think that the original Alien (1979) is a perfect standalone sci-fi horror film. It doesn’t need to be expanded.

yes of course, but that youre opinion too mon ami

There are a million movies like that made after Alien. Why do you want the same shit instead a more expanded universe?

Yeah, Ridley wasn't at all pressured to make these recent films, right?

>need
>need
>need
I asked before and you didn't answer. What movie NEEDS to be made and why?

I refuted your post with a quote.
You can make funny greentexts, but that won't make you right.

How can people be confused? This was a great film. Sup Forums median IQ has plummeted over time and it was not high to begin with.

I think that you missed my point. In the eyes of an ageless superman like David why is Egypt more significant than a particularly big prairie dog colony? Yes they stacked a bunch of rocks into a big pyramid and made elaborate corpse-decorations but why should he care?

One good character doesn't make up for everyone else being boring. Watch Alien again.

No point in being pedantic. You know what I mean. Aliens is a sequel that makes sense. It wasn't exactly needed, but it doesn't feel forced. Prometheus is just answering questions no one asked with more questions.

By common sense I mean making a film that throws about as many different ideas at the wall and hopes something sticks.

I was on board and interested in Prometheus before I saw it. Scott decided to make a film in the same universe and expand things and that sounded great, but in the end we got some overly pretentious crap that essentially mimcs Alien. Bunch of people die. Naughty robot. Nice lady. Evil company, but cuts out the Xenomorph. There was no need for it to be set in the same universe as Alien.

>these movies are fine

t. I LOVE TO EAT SHIT

I think you were talking to a different person, I only just got to this thread.

What I personally mean when using the word NEED, is that unless a movie intentionally leaves things unanswered that don’t make sense without answers, then that’s when you NEED to explain it.

But if a movie leaves things vague because they are not important, or insignificant in the grand scheme of the story, then there’s no reason to try and explain them more. We as an audience can fill in the blanks.

Scott has stated before that he stopped listening to critics after Blade Runner, and he only makes movies that he wants to, not what the fans want.

Not him, but Alien is a near-perfect film, and any explanations detract from the interesting speculation that was part of its original appeal.

Prometheus could have been set in a new sci-fi universe.
That'd probably have made it more interesting, with less focus on forcibly writing the next movies to connect to Alien.

I feel people that did not like the movie wanted to watch a different kind of film altogether.

I am thrilled with the idea of discovering more about the alien universe, the species, the history, the lore behind the aliens. The biology and the reasons for it's creation as well as the missing link between the organic xenos and the biomechanic killer from the first movie.

I quite bluntly, dont give a fuck about the characters at all. They are all replaceable, just plot devises to expand upon the worldbuilding.

I see people complaining about not feeling emotional connections with characters and whatnot, that does not even cross my mind.

And people saying they did not need to explain everything are high, they did not explain everything; Quite the opposite they introduced many more questions in an obvious setup for the new movies.