CAPTAIN

ROMULAN WARBIRDS DECLOAKING!

Did the Romulans ever do anthing clever with their cloaks, or just use them to go like: Booo!... Did we spook you?

>Do not turn on shields. They may feel threatened by that action!

Open a channel so I make fun of their shitty haircuts.

Experts says that travellers are safer than ever.
The odds of dying in a transporter accident is 1 to 11 million, actually you are more likely to die in the shuttle craft on your way to the transporter.
Transporter accidents are not always fatal.
80 Percent of transporter accidents occur during the first three minutes or last eight minutes of a matter-stream.

Beam Photon torpedos onto their bridges.

"Red Alert!"
"Lt. Tuvak, raise shields and ready phasers."
"Mr. Paris evasive sequence beta nine three"
"Ensign Kim, how the hell did Romulans end upon the Delta Quadrant?!"

What's a "rommellun"?

"I don't know cap'n, but I suggest we blow dem sonvabitches to hell"

>Borg ships decloaking!

>Borg
>Ships
>decloaking

Captain, their shields are raised. We cannot beam anything through shields.

*tips fedora*

"I'm firing a full spread of photon torpedoes now, and I don't care what you say!"

this triggers me a little bit and im not even an ST fan.

In that case... fire the Photonic Cannon!

>Mfw the Borg ship decloaks

I say this in the shower every morning.

top kek

whats this from?

Captain! We have hyper-advanced AI that has been proven capable of simulating human-level intelligence and can react billions of times faster than any human. Why do we have humans make tactical decisions in life-and-death combat?

kek

because computers don't have feelings, and feelings are what give humans their edge in a universe where communism works

>SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

Polarize the deflector! Re-route auxiliary power from the secondary emitters to the shields!

Trip is the man.

All shitposting aside, I'm sure the Borg have assimilated both Clingon and Romulan ships. So why the fuck do they not have cloaking devices?

It's not that they don't have them. Why would they use/need them?

because they don't need them

well, to be fair communism would work flawlessly if fusion/antimatter reactors and replicators existed

they don't need and don't want them

the same reason why they only sent one cube at a time to the federation, they want to assess their enemies capabilities, because if they wanted to give a big fuck you, they'd just send 20 cubes and assrape everything

The Klingons seemed to take more advantage of it and they didn't even come up with the technology.

>be chilling around in federation space
>"We are the Borg. You will be annihilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness have become irrelevant. Resistance is futile... but welcome."
>you get a report saying that 7000 Borg ships arrived in the Alpha quadrant
wat do?

>They don't need it

The fuck they don't. Rather than slog their way through the entire federation fleet they can simply de-cloak right on Earth's doorstep.

The Borg are nothing if not practical. If it provides an advantage or advancement they WILL assimilate it and use it.

Are we all agreed to play Star Trek Bridge Crew together, /trek/?

>I only read the first 3 words of the post
t. retard

it's not like destroying the fleet was a problem to them anyway

They orbit ds9 in cloak in one episode, apparently they were going to blow it up or something but they dont.
They also give the technology to the federation who actually use it for sneaky stuff.

Also why would they play with their enemies? In Voyager it was saps that they would send hundreds if not thousands of cubes to assimilate their enemies. So why one cube at a time? Simple, any more than that and the Federation would lose. So they had to make the the insurmountable enemy while still letting the good guys win.

Which is horse shit, the only Romulan ship to have shields while cloaked was the Scimitar, warbirds should have a window of vulnerability just as they decloak.

Nigger your post was full of shit. The Borg doesn't play with their food.

That's Voyager, not TNG. TNG timeline technically ended with First Contact.

because one cube was enough to conquer the entire quadrant

>implying that the Borg aren't a lot of fucktards
why didn't they use their time travel on the delta quadrant so they could make a 300 year technology jump and then fuck everything else up in the 24th century instead of using it right in front of Earth and letting picard follow them?

because their plan was to assimilate Earth normally
they only resorted to time travel because their cube got destroyed

>because their plan was to assimilate Earth normally
So why not send two cubes?

Why do they need time travel as a backup plan, when their backup plan could just be sending another cube (or two)?

>sending two cubes for a job that one cube can do

I guess we're not playing Star Trek Bridge Crew together :/

Out of the way you Federation fucking shits.

I'll play with you bud

One cube can't do the job. The Borg already tried that tactic during TNG and it failed. Why would the Borg repeat a tactic that already failed instead of adapting to a new tactic?

Isn't adapting supposed to be their schtick?

it only failed because they assimilated a human and then let him escape
that's why the second time they just went straight to Earth

they couldn't predict the same crew of main characters being there to save the day

>they couldn't predict that their failed tactic would fail a second time for the exact same reason that it failed the first time
That's why you adapt beforehand and send two cubes.

They've used it to sneakily deploy ships like when they bombarded the Founders' Homeworld in DS9.

There was also the Romulan Warbird in TOS which used the cloak to great effect.

why did the federation never build actual warships?

I mean... they built warships but didn't CALL them that.

The Miranda class from the TMP era is basically a light cruiser. The Constitution is a heavy cruiser and stands toe-to-toe with Klingon ships of the same class.

Same goes for everything BUT their tiny science ships, which are still armed. They CALL their ships stupid shit like "Exploratory Cruisers" but they're still warships.

The thing that, ostensibly, kept Federation vessels from being proper warships was their amenities and science facilities. Case in point, the Defiant class had a small sickbay and minimal science facilities with spartan crew quarters- it was designated as a warship.

So Starfleet DOES build warships, it just doesn't call them such. When it DOES come up with a design for combat and almost nothing else, it's VERY potent.

Blast their raggedy ass fleet to smitherin

They're not warships if war isn't their primary function you donut. They're exploratory and research vessels first, they just also have formidable defensive systems to keep from rolled by any hostile force they come across.

So raise the shields and fire everything we have at the middle ship's reactor section. They use artificial singularities to power their ships. All we have to do is crack one open and the sudden unchecked force of gravity will tear all three apart.