Why do people here insist that drinking alcoholic beverages is degenerate?

Why do people here insist that drinking alcoholic beverages is degenerate?

Wine, ale and mead have been drunk throughout all antiquity.

Romans, priests, crusaders all drank. It helped prevent epidemic outbreaks because bacteria couldnt survive in it. It boosts morale and camaraderie.

As long as youre not dependent on alcohol it isnt degenerate. Even then, id choose an alcoholic over some you insufferable dweebs anytime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JoY9aY80lL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think most are talking about "hard" alchohol unless their muslim. Mayne I'm wrong but I think the "lighter" stuff is pretty good part of western culture

Even hard stuff has a really rich and diverse history in Western Culture.

Gin is just so quintessentially british and pretty important in their naval escapades and colonization efforts. Whiskey was pivotal in American development and we even had an early rebellion movement over the taxing of it. And you really can't be a slav without copious vodka consumption.

Because morality is objective, and God revealed the truth via the bible which condemns drunkenness

>Crusaders drank

That explains the fourth crusade

Drinking is ok. Culture that revolves around getting SHITFACED M8 isnt, like Aussie culture for instance. It gets really bad when women start overdrinking, and kind of disgusting too.

drinking scotch and smoking cigars was ur trademark for wealthy and successful man

I want aussie neets to leave

>Why do people here insist that drinking alcoholic beverages is degenerate?
Only the Irish believe this.

>because they did it I should also do it

fuck that gainz killing bullshit drinks.

too much insuline production after taking it in.

there is also alcohol in fruit which you can absorb in low amounts and they will produce less insuline which will give you less fat.

if you want to be a skinny fat cunt keep drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes.

Because the entire goal of this board is to be contrarian and attempt to 1up eachother with le edgiest bait possible. This is just another part of that.

>inb4 (insert bullshit) detected

proving my point, drinking a beer from time to time doesnt make you skinny fat, just like lifting doesnt make you bulky per se.

jij bent zeker een graag geziene feestganger

>being against degenerative activities is being edgy

wew lad

>feestganger
>buiten gaan

baka desu senpai

It is not proving your point even a little bit of amount of alcohol could ruin your cut or bulk because of muscle memorisation.
and if you don't have the discipline, which it shows you don't, you will keep taking another.
and even if you have the discipline you have to cut through other snacks which is not worth it.

It´s not, people can drink with responsibility.
Drunks like alcohol because they enjoy drunkenness

Alcohol is basically socially permissible benzos, except it's even more dangerous. Both are terrible.

>basically socially permissible benzos
I fucking wish it was as good as benzos
It's not

Alcohol consumption makes you content with an imperfect life; dulls your sense of cynicism and dissatisfaction and thus inhibits your desire for positive change. You're lulled into a false sense of complacency and forget how terrible life is.

The opiate of the masses.

The effect is more or less the same except alcohol dehydrates you and damages your liver.

>muscle memorisation

god please
its very easy to stay lean and drink on the weekends. Im not training for the olympics and just try to have fun on the weekends. Alcohol makes me enjoy social events just that much more. You should try it too. Social events i mean

>going to social events just to join mating rituals

fuck no.

back in the days pagans and atheist arabs and jews would organise such events. plenty of alcohol and would divide women and men in two different cages giving them drugs and aphrodisiac.
making them horny as fuck and place a fire in the middle and set them free and would watch them fuck each other till dead or till some survived.

and why the fuck would I give me energy to some other people, if I could use that energy to work?

If it's "more or less" the same you might as well throw in opiates and weed, just saying.

They're both CNS depressants with large action on GABA. Withdrawal from both is the same, which is the inverse of the drug's action, basically a GABA chimp out.

Opiates and 'weed' are completely different.

Define "drunkenness"

Is it when you get a feeling of Euphoria?
When your vision is a bit blurry?
The Spins?
When you pass out?

When is intoxication considered morally reprehensible? I'm genuinely curious.

Is

It's a sliding scale

>work

you mean shitpost on Sup Forums
deluding yourself 101

s-slippery slope arguments are my favorite

because they're limp wristed faggots
they also think its either all or nothing, you either get completely shitfaced or don't drink at all

>implying I don'T shitpost before I go to work

I finished my ritual and now will earn some money will you stay there withy our filtyh fat belly produced by shit tier drinks with alcohol.

I visit my local pub regularly, know all the staff names and they know mine. We look out for each other and it brings the whole town together. Am usually invited to sit with all kinds of people, oldies, tourists but mostly sexy girls and faggets asking me to mind their handbags while they go to the bar or dance. Love it.

>And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Ephesians 5:18

It is my belief that any alcohol consumption is sinful. The term methyskō means to become drunk, not "drunk to a point"

I disagree

I agree that the moderation argument is weak

youtube.com/watch?v=JoY9aY80lL0

don't forget the old tradition of sailors on long trips mixing alcohols like rum or brandy or whatever with water to keep the water from getting funky since super clean and sterile didn't really exist in the 1700s

They want to become the king of your world.

They want to be the moral arbitrator of whats right or wrong.

They want to control you. To put it bluntly they are just as cowardly as globalists.

Control is necessary, Global control and centralized global power is excessive and dangerous.
So moral rules are not "just as cowardly as globalists", global moral rules are.