Unsounded

trouble

did you like...cut off the right side of the page?

UNRELENTIN' EXPLOSIVE FIRE

What is Sette trying to say in this page? The "I kill boys" thing doesn't make sense to me.

oh no toma
please be alive

Hey, looks like Toma's (probably) alive!

Hey, it's Toma's Lifeless Body!
I love that guy!

It looks like Iori was basically saying "Don't trust Bastion; the handsome ones are trouble", and Sette was retorting "I kill boys", like, he won't be able to charm his way around her.

>UNRELENTIN' EXPLOSIVE FIRE
Man, I love this brat.

>The handsome ones are always trouble.
>I kill boys!

Jesus christ, this comic is girly.

go away memelord

bump

Just look at the page.

> Pastel colors
> Chat about boys
> Cute doggies

This is undeniably a very, very girly page in a girly comic.

oh no is this memez

>implying you'd rather it any other way

What's with all the girliness?

So girly.

Prediction: Elka will tell Hetr about last night, including Toma and Elan's heroics, earning both of them a promotion. Toma is found to be barely stable, but will be bedridden for some time or have some sort of lasting injury. Toma will move up to some administrative role, still working closely with the newly-promoted Elka. Elan will be shocked at his advancement and immediately die from a heart attack.

>this butthurt over one half-compliment
Jesus

Whats with all the girly niggers

>Butthurt
Whoa, slow down there. You shouldn't equate someone making topical jokes with them being upset. Just like how that user never equated "girly" with "low-quality".

Honestly, user, you need to learn to take a ribbing. Grow a pair.

Fuck me I'm glad I missed that shitty thread.

>you need to learn to take a ribbing
I'm not the one being ribbed though. I'm the one, (or one of the ones) being upset that someone I sort of admired is turning out to be not nearly as cool as I thought, and instead is apparently unable to deal with anything that's not effervescent praise and ass-licking. It's a crushing feeling.

Yes, how dare she mock a stupid fucking comment. Authors aren't people and they're never allowed to stand up for themselves or disagree with criticism.

I'm the guy who posted , , , and . If attending to your personal feelings isn't too girly, I want to point out that Ashley's first response was written when she believed she was being explicitly attacked. She probably only went with what the tattle-tail told her and responded to what she thought was an insult, and the few Sup Forumsmrades who decided to reinforce this perception certainly didn't help. Once the user who initially posted the offending opinion decided to clarify things, she responded politely.

Also, I envy . That thread made me cringe pretty hard (I hate the faggot who responded to criticism of a fantasy comic by bringing up Faulkner, especially. Fuck you if you're reading this. Different art forms serve different purposes, and Unsounded's purpose is pretty far from that of Faulkner.). More importantly, it told me some unpleasant things about the Unsounded fandom here on Sup Forums, which I was oblivious to before.

did ashley complain about killing your girly dog or something man

We're off to a great start.
FULL STARBOARD, STRAIGHT TOWARDS THE ICEBERG, MEN!
ANY THREAD NOT CHRISTENED BY WWATN GUY SHALL BE DEEMED UNFIT FOR POSTING

God hunt us if we do not hunt the girlyposter to his death!

>explicitly attacked
>attacked
>thought it was an insult

The ask user trying to fish for a controversy posted the quote as such:
>"Unsounded is a bit... girly, though. If that makes sense. A little too much focus on emotion and useless character moments."

There is absolutely no way you can spin that into an "attack" or "insult", it's too mild and vague for that, just someone trying to define their personal opinion. Her reaction was completely overblown, and the fandom's reaction much more so.

I was genuinely surprised by the fervent asskissing and ego-stroking that followed, with people at tumblr and here treating that sort of vague personal opinion as a cruel, unreasonable attack, and Ashley as some sort of hater-vanquishing hero for overreacting like she did.

Even now, you're actually trying to present it as a legit attack. It's so incredibly mild she should have been able to react rationally in the first place, and it's sad that she needed several reblogs and user asks pouring teary-eyed praise and adoration over her, as well as the original user giving a groveling apology over something that shouldn't need to be apologised about, before she could muster being gracious.

If one is only able to "respond politely" to messages effusing about how incredibly awesome and talented you are and how everyone having the slightest critical opinion is misguided, plain wrong, a neckbeard or very very sorry, it's not a good thing.

You think you found out unpleasant things about the Unsounded fandom on Sup Forums, but I found out unpleasant things about the fandom in general, as well as the author. It's fucking painful, dude. I want to go back to thinking everyone's cool, but I can't

Have you ever considered that people might just think you people are fucking stupid?

>you people
Elaborate a bit on who you're referring to

You people.

I can see how someone would take it as an attack, given she's a girl and someone is using "girly" in a negative tone and then claiming her work is too emotional and focused on characters, thereby using a stereotype about women writers to criticize her comic.

I mean she didn't go on a nine page rant about it or start tagging people on Twitter. She didn't like something someone said about her comic and laid out why.

So, the Sup Forums part of the Unsounded fandom is fucking stupid in your opinion and you think being obscure makes one seem smart, gotcha

could you guys stop being faggots

thanks

No, I specifically think you and people like you are fucking idiots. You acted like cunts and you're being even more of a cunt by still whining about your hurt feelings like this was some horrible slight. Get over it or drop the comic and spare everyone else.

>There is absolutely no way you can spin that into an "attack" or "insult"
I have never heard someone use the word "girly" in person without it being dismissive in some way. He also described like a third of the comic as "useless". Given this, and the fact that she heard it from someone reporting it to her like it was something that needed an answer - and not like the, as you correctly put it, mild mixed opinion that it was - it could easily be seen as an insult.

More accurately, it's like someone coming to you and saying someone else is talking shit about you behind your back. Regardless of what was actually said, the context and expectations alone would be enough to get a rise out of the vast majority of people. Ashley didn't see the entire post, just that someone else decided it should be brought to her attention and that alone implied that it was hostile and needed a response.

>It's so incredibly mild she should have been able to react rationally in the first place
She didn't see the entire post. Most of what she saw was someone expecting some theatrical response to something that could easily be read as an insult. Sure, she could've gone to the thread, read the post, and drawn her own conclusions directly from the source, but I doubt she cares that much about Sup Forums.

>If one is only able to "respond politely" to messages effusing about how incredibly awesome and talented you are and how everyone having the slightest critical opinion is misguided, plain wrong, a neckbeard or very very sorry, it's not a good thing.

I said she responded politely once the user who posted the original opinion clarified things. I haven't bothered to read the hugbox comments or her reply on the comic's tumblr, but when the original user came to apologize, she told him that it wasn't necessary.

>could you guys stop being faggots

>thanks

>You acted like cunts and you're being even more of a cunt by still whining about your hurt feelings like this was some horrible slight
This describes the fandom's overreaction over someone just saying they're not too fond of a certain aspect of the comic though generally think it's good perfectly, actually

>I haven't bothered to read the hugbox comments or her reply on the comic's tumblr

Should be "I haven't bothered to read the hugbox comments or her replies.

Specifically referring to the replies of the hugbox comments.

Nobody cares.

I missed all the drama because I wasn't there for the last thread. Anywhere I can read up on what went down exactly?

Just search girly in the archive. You're better off not knowing though.

Just monitor this and the next few threads. It will be the same shit.

>He also described like a third of the comic as "useless"
A little too much =/= a third.

Also the context was obviously someone just baiting her for a reaction and I'm surprised she fell for it that hard. It'd have been very easy to write a witty response that wouldn't have come across as that butthurt - but it seems she got genuinely upset at someone actually expressing a non-adoring opinion of her comic online.

And to first throw a tantrum and only go "aww you really didn't need to

see

Well but you (or someone in the thread) seem(s) to care a lot, calling people fucking cunts and all that. No need to get so agitated.

Once again have you ever considered that it's just a stupid opinion? You seem to have some idea stuck in your head that people couldn't genuinely think the opinion was dumb and it just has to be a massive circlejerk where you're one of the enlightened ones above the masses.

Couldn't you have posted this like ten minutes ago? I just started getting ready for bed.

I didn't see Ashley's initial reply as butthurt. This is after seeing other webcomic artists have insane chimpouts, so I may be desensitized. She gave a deliberately theatrical response to what she thought was a base insult. Even so, three paragraphs is not a lot of typing.

You also keep saying that the initial opinion wasn't that harsh. Again, I need to stress that calling something "girly" is usually meant to be insulting, and she was only presented with the negative portions of the post. You need to understand that, from her perspective, she had no reason to believe it wasn't someone talking shit, and that her fans weren't expecting her to put someone down.

The user also didn't present a "groveling apology". He clarified what he meant by "girly" and apologized if he seemed rude. It was three lines of typing.

I'd like to be reasonable and talk this out with you but I need to sleep. I'll let you have the last word in response to this, and read it tomorrow. I doubt I've convinced you to see things my way, but I at least hope I've explained it. I just want to be able to make fun of the situation some more while discussing the comic, and it's my personal belief that if people were seriously shocked by something, talking things out can help us get there with fewer losses to the group.

You're not helping.

no

but what's with all the negroids

Of course people can genuinely think the opinion was dumb, it's a natural thing to think when you love something and someone else disses it.
The problem is that the response to what was essentially just a careless half-compliment on a thread about a different comic was ludicrously thin-skinned and overblown, treating it as a serious scathing critique or such - and I'm a bit disturbed by that because I didn't expect that sort of hypersensitive shit from this fandom.

I went and took a screencap of the comment in question. A comment like this, on a thread about a different comic - and people are actually crying about it, name-calling and squeaking that people are objectively wrong in every way for having fucking stupid opinions, complaining to Ashley, who responds with
>the hysterics have come upon me I cannot clearly communicate any more around all these emotions i have to go pet babies and suckle a kitten and cook throwpillows while mopping a uterus or something I don’t know

>Alternately I’m just a talentless hackfraud who doesn’t know what she’s doing. I would take that much more seriously than being called girly. If book orders are any indication, the majority of Unsounded’s readers are dudes. So it’s not just girls embracing emotions, regular humans are doing it too. Maybe that user should join the Cool Vagina Club!

What the fuck, man. For real

I agree with you. I interpet Ashley's reply at poking fun at the comment because girly is kind of a dumb way to describe things, in a cynical way. You guys are reading way too much into it.

I think you're really the only one overreacting here. Nobody is flipping their shit or calling it cruel, they just think it's stupid. The followup post in the other thread made it sound even worse. It's almost a crippling lack of self-awareness you're showing here.

Sometimes I forget that much of Sup Forums doesn't often interact with women and are taking Ashley's sarcastic theatrics as some extreme butthurt.
That sort of dramatic sarcasm is common when confronted with stupid sexism and essentially a casual verbal eyeroll at the ridiculousness of the presented material (in this case the 'critique' ).

Sette is the best.

As a woman who has a tumblr, just quickly want to point out that I get the impression she was aiming for the casual sarcastic eyeroll, yes - but it's too long with too much defensive effort. There's definitely genuine butthurt she's trying to cover up.

You will never replace "What's with all the niggers?" guy. Stop trying.

You just crossed the memes. You never cross the memes.

Is this all future threads now?

>Winalils
>handsome

I already didn't like Iori, and I'm liking her less and less.

I hope Sette stabs him. Or bites off a finger.

Wait wait wait...

So some butthurt user took this from the Out of Placers thread? Shit son, I already thought they were out of line to harrass Cope with some random comment on Sup Forums, but it wasn't even in a fucking Unsounded thread.

Is this going to be Unsounded from now on?

Did the stupid ass mods drive him away?

It wasn't though. The user had a point with his complaint, it's just "girly" was a poor choice of adjectives. He didn't like the plot slowing down for character drama moments. It's a perfectly legitimate issue to have with a story.

If it is then I'd rather not come here anymore. We had fun for a while but this shit is more annoying than anything.

> Beschel test:
> FAILED

>I didn't expect that sort of hypersensitive shit from this fandom.
You haven't been in enough unsounded threads then. There's quite a bit of dicksucking (clitlicking?) that goes on, and when people get into that kind of "x is so awesome omg" mindset they always lose the ability to take any naysaying lightly.

That's butthurt user. Dusguised butthurt, but butthurt all the same.

Does Unsounded pass the Bechdel Test, though? Its world cleaves to traditional gender rolls most of the time, and the only two adult women I recall talking to each other were Knock and Anadyne, and they were talking about Toby.

I wonder what happened to them. Anadyne seemed to be in a bad place during the fight. I expected her to jump in and start spellcasting, but instead she just stood there in shock. That's Ashley subverting expectations, I guess. Anadyne was never more than a dabbler, compared to the other wrights in this comic.

I have no idea what's going on in this page. Sette's dialogue is confusing and I'm not sure why there's suddenly a fire by the police station. Did I forget something from previous pages?

They're still trappef somewhere with the crazy two toes. It was in one of the pages

I understand his point. Aside from the regular Sup Forums nigger-calling and shit, Sup Forums always seemed reasonable, if a little crass, to me. But now, I don't know. A lot of this looks exactly like all the regular fan-screaming I've grown to loathe in any medium.

Especially given that the original comment was made in a thread about a mediocre, slow-moving, and virtually unknown transformation comic. Which is actually pretty entertaining.

That's also the sort of thing that gets lost in translation. The original comment was made in a thread about a comic where the main character turns into a girl Fantasy creature. In short, the comment was made in a setting that was already primed with the gender dichotomy.

Wait, this is it? This is Ashley's butthurt reply?

Jesus Christ that's nothing. That's not even a slightly overblown response. She's just mocking the idea that emotions = wimmin stuff.

This isn't even close to real drama explosion material.

Maybe the trap is itself the act of overthinking?

I think you're overthinking it.

>not posting a Sup Forums related one

The bechdel test is pretty dumb and arbitrary, many shitty products pass it.

The Bechdel Test acknowledges that it isn't a metric for judging whether a product is good, or even good about women. It's just a simple rule you can use while judging something on the representation of women.

Well it was fun while it lasted Sup Forums, but I can see these threads are going to be shit for a long time. I just hope it doesn't reach paranatural levels of bad.

So how long until we can breed dogs big enough to ride like horses.

>It's just a simple rule you can use while judging something on the representation of women.
you know, I can also count the vowels in the dialog, it has as much meaning. It's not a metric of anything, and it's based on thin air and interpretation in both source and conclusion. It's garbage really, namedropping it doesn't make you smarter.

And bitching about it doesn't make YOU smarter, user. Stop being such a bitter cunt. It's better for you.

Not too far off now.

>The user also didn't present a "groveling apology". He clarified what he meant by "girly" and apologized if he seemed rude. It was three lines of typing.

But this is Sup Forums, user, we are tough guys, any clarification or capitulation makes us cucks

Trump 2016!

Exactly. It truly is like some of these people never interact with human beings.

back in my day, Unsounded shitposters said "what's with all the niggers," and we were grateful.

I miss that guy but it seems the mods have silenced him.

>we were grateful.
No we weren't.

Good.

Basically somebody said that Unsounded was "girly"
Everyone collectively lost their shit and started fighting each other over this for approximately 200+posts
Even Ashley acknowledged the shitstorm.

Has science gone too far?

welcome to the mainstream buddy. this is how you keep a thread bumped, with controversy. we've got it now. woooo.