How developed actually is North Korea?

How developed actually is North Korea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S44YKdc3G3U
humansecurityindex.org/?page_id=204
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pyongyang is like Soviet Union in the 1960s, the rest is like Soviet Union in the middle of ww2.

>more developed than you, François

looks like Russia

>communism+ the country doing better than a big portion of capitalist countries
muh models

Wow, that's comfy.

I've heard 2nd-hand reports from people who have visited (supposedly), and they apparently have reverse-engineered a lot of technology that Europe, America, etc. figured out in the 1980s.

It could all be bullshit, though.

What.

Pretty developed considering the country was nothing but rubble and dirt in the 40s and 50s and had to be built from scratch while isolated from the rest of the world.

IIRC, it was actually more developed than South Korea until a few decades ago. It was the industrial base of Korea, and after the armistice North Korea received tons of investment from the Soviet Union while South Korea was still an agrarian shithole.

These pics are from the 1960s. This one was taken in Seoul.

how can they reliably measure NK's HDI when it's a closed society and their government provides faulty data or no information at all

According to official reports.

As advanced as the herpes in ur moms pussy

Reminder that North Korea has a lower economic output than the city of Cardiff

Now here's a pic of North Korea in the 1960s.

And this one.

Has infrastructure but no money.

what went wrong? the Juche autism?

Probably a combination of Juche and the fall of the Soviet Union. They could have followed China's or Vietnam's footsteps but chose autism instead.

Developed and comfy.

Should I flatter NK as others?
I don't know the theme or something ITT.

Sup Forums is weird

金정은 개새끼

see for yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=S44YKdc3G3U

хyёмфи. cпpocи y дeдyшки cвoeгo пpo этy хyйню oн тeбe eблo вcкpoeт нaхyй.

I really feel like North Korea is more authentic than South Korea. SK has traded its soul for american capitalism, just like Japan.

They still haven't paid for the 1000 Volvo 144's they bought from Sweden in 1974. That's 270 million euros with interest, I think.
Nor have they paid for the paper machine they bought from Finland, they owe our government (which guaranteed the deal) 23.5 million euros.

Never sell on credit to commies.

north korea worst korea

Probably your red siblings?
the VANK seems to have 150,000 individuals.
So technically they could not be Koreans.
Anyways its all your governments achievement over long decades.

Coup d'etat like the one of Romania '89 is the best way to solve the shit situation of North Korea

North Korea is much cooler than Cardiff

My understanding is Pyongyang is relatively "developed" though it's more to maintain appearances than due to actual development. Pyongyang is pretty much reserved for the leader and his family and associates, high ranking military members, and others of some kind of high status, maybe scientists or something. Pyongyang is probably the best place to live in North Korea though it's still not up to the standards to even the worst of first world cities (might have no crime but it is worse in nearly every other respect).

Outside the city in the smaller villages my understanding is it is literally poverty tier. People starving in the streets. It's hard to know for sure. The information mostly comes from defectors and the odd foreigner that visited. There aren't pictures because taking pictures of the bad parts of North Korea is liable to get you detained and or killed.

Watch the VICE guide to North Korea if you wanna get an idea of what it's like. Yeah I know
>VICE
but they actually got into the country and it's pretty interesting to see though they got in before Un took over. Watch the followup on North Korean labor camps in Russia too.

Capitalism is working well in Japan though

Capitalism isn't inherently bad. It's just open to abuse and needs to be regulated to prevent that. This is where America fails. We're afraid to pass any law that could be perceived to potentially cut into a businesses' profits.

Are you serious? Japan has a lot of suicide, terrible birth rates, shit work mentality, adopted american culture...it's pretty terrible actually.

>Suicide rates
Decreasing and now its not that high. Lower than a lot of Euro cunts.
>Terrible birth rates
Not so different from other developed nations like yours
>shit work mentality
ok
>adopted american culture
Just no. Please don't talk if you don't know anything.

>Outside the city in the smaller villages my understanding is it is literally poverty tier. People starving in the streets
Stop believing CNN or other garbage western media.

Even if I assume the whole "starving in the streets" thing is an exaggeration the actual situation isn't gonna be significantly better than that.

>Not so different from other developed nations like yours
Wrong, France actually has a birth rate of 2. Japan is below 2, their population is already decreasing.
>Just no. Please don't talk if you don't know anything.
Ever been to Japan? Mac donalds are everywhere,their language is full of english words, the girls only want to go to fucking disneyland.

This isn't the 90s when disaster struck.

/therad

Japan definitely is Americanized. You have obviously never lived there.

>so the conclusion is
>NK is already rich
>No need for economic support to NK although we have accepted it by SK and China's demand by now.

It's very undeveloped.

>leaf and future atlantis citizen defending north korea

North Korea is very inauthentic. Most traditional korean cultural things are banned for example.

this does not include united states forces which destroyed the 4th largest world army, Iraq, in mere months.

like incredibly backwards outside of pyongyang, kaesong and a few other cities.

How do you know that, have you been there?
Please don't tell me you read that on CNN

>I really feel like North Korea is more authentic than South Korea
Jesus christ, shut up.

Fall of the USSR fucked several of it's commie vassal states here. Cuba being the biggest one.

how is north korea authentic in anyway? they're literally Communist

Doesn't seem that bad. I've seen the same in Japan.

if people have enough access to food , that sounds comfty

>How developed actually is North Korea?
humansecurityindex.org/?page_id=204

they have a perfectly homogenous society.

north korea currently is a pretty accurate estimate what world looks like in 2100,no natural resources,banana republic economies,massive militarization,famine,extermination camps and untold oppression

thanks baby boomers

173.5cm is still pretty short

Numbers matter less than quality. Most of NK's artillery pieces are nearly obsolete, and cannot for example reach Seoul from the border. We saw what a technology gap in armour looks like during Desert Storm, and the gap is even wider between DPRK and ROK than it was between Iraq and USA.

All of this thread are shitposting .

Oh. By the way. Thousands of NK workers send to Russia as workers to build some stuff. they held in a special camps with hard supervision ofc. They can earn a bit more money there than in homeland i guess. some extra dime ya know).
jfyi

Iraq is basically open ground,Korean DMZ has really heavy fortifications,to break those on either side you will need massive firepower projection.
I doubt US of a wants to waste a single nuclear bomb or MOAB to destroy 1-3 Koksan artillery pieces.
Only viable option for South Korea or USA is Inchon v 2.0 type landing or fast elimination of leadership and their loyalists with some sort of commando raid and assist in a coup

They're just trying to emulate the state of your country.

With the help of Bongs, Frogs and the rest of the coalition though. You weren't the only player on the field.

Goguryeo was always true Korea. Silla a shit.

Oh, really?
Then please give us the ODA to reconstruct these pinched house.

This
Compare it to Cuba which is state of disrepair despite their communism being laxer and their revolution less bloody

Are you really right your flag?

No need to be involved in a big land war, just destroy DPRK production capabilities, cripple logistics, and the front will starve along with the rest of the country.

Mate they literally built a fake village on the boarder just to trick worst Koreans they arnt a shithole.

towed artillery doesn't age as badly as most of military equipment
what groundbreaking improvement happened since the cold war?

>while isolated from the rest of the world.
False, they received tons of help from China and the USSR.

its too late to cry
This is a result of South Korean's pro-NK deeds.
Probably eventually even the US military would be gone.

There's a program called "Reizen Waes" here that shows Tom Waes visiting different countries. One of them was North Korea and he literally got mad at the guide because he wasn't allowed to film the starving people in the streets lol.

Not defending NK leadership but if you actually look at how SK presidents lead basically all of them were impeached/murdered or at least did illegal shit

Gun precision and smart munitions. It's also not about the age of the artillery rather than its type, and the majority of DPRK pieces are too small to reach anything important from beyond the border.

Artillery is vulnerable to counterbattery fire as well as air power, and the recon capabilities, air defenses and counter air capability of DPRK is laughable.

Park ChungHee did nothing wrong

>from China and the USSR
Not only from them, but also from us and South Korea, why jap did it?
because South Korea and China together demanded it, using a political method/propaganda, "Jap is so eval, Jap should apologize to us korean and china, so give me money" and pure western libturds believe it. lol

I have met both North Koreans and Haitians and I cannot see any difference between the two countries.

Percentage of nonwhites in Cardiff: 9%
Amount of Jewish control over Cardiff: 100%

Percentage of non-Koreans in North Korea: 0%
Amount of Jewish control over North Korea: 0%

In the smaller towns, people live in thatched huts and have no electricity or indoor plumbing.

>so evil, so give me money
Welcome to the club I guess.

yeah, no you cuck.
your population birth rate is two probably because of all the fucking niggers and muds that imigrate to your weak ass country and have 5 babies per family, while your whites are decreasing by the day.

The club is yammy? senpai