13 Reasons Why

So do you have any sympathy for Hannah Baker? Was she just a drama queen? Was she justified? Is she a good character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RO11peSzdDg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is a show for 13 year olds who fucking cares

>Was she justified
Suicide is never justifiable.

She was fucked over by too many people she trusted, still doesn't justify putting your parents through the heartache.

degeneracy is never justified

The real question is if Clay is /ourguy/ or not?
I'm sure many of you can talk to a lady, especially once you get a little more comfortable. There will always be spaghetti spilling though, and that is alright.

She was justified in killing herself.

The overall theme was her putting herself in crappy situations, dealing with them poorly, and then blaming everyone else. Not a lot of sympathy from me.

None at all. Just a drama queen. In the end she did everybody a favor by killing herself.

Clay is reddit personified. Only a reddit cuck would go to such lengths to be a white knight for a dead girl who made him feel like a rapist and then blame him for her death along with all her other friends. Friends she should have considered herself lucky to have.

>In the end she did everybody a favor by killing herself.

She would have if the reason she killed herself wasn't because she wanted to ruin the lives of everyone who tried to give a fuck about her.

She was immature and selfish. Simple as that.

Was digging the show until the end. Was waiting for some revelation or twist that never came, just "OOPS! Guess she just killed herself after all!". Just felt like an after school special.

She had a pretty shitty life so I didn't have any problems with her killing herself.
Blaming everyone else for why it went so poorly and not taking any responsibility herself was pretty douchy though.

Nobody else noticed?

Well he was running an entire
store with only his wife, plus dealing with his daughter's suicide, plus the legal battle with the school and also about to start working a second job on top of that.

Don't blame the guy at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if season 2 showed him stealing Oxy's and Xanax that people forgot to pick up.

>"OOPS! Guess she just killed herself after all!"

Did you think it was going to turn out that she wasn't actually dead? Or that someone murdered her?

The twists were that Bryce fucking raped her and Jessica, she really didn't view Clay in the same light as everyone else and really liked him, Alex killed himself and Tyler is going to full on Columbine.

I'm just about to watch Clays episode. Do the tapes get released or will these annoying teens still think that receiving tapes is a credible form of justice? How on earth were all of these kids still friends with Bryce after finding out he was a rapist?

Hannah Baker,I'm Eric Harris

*in a condescending douche voice like Tony's*

You'll have to watch for yourself and find out. It's what Hannah wanted user

She didn't even bother to tell anyone she was raped (before killing herself) even though she knows that Jess's bf (forgot his name) knew what Bryce did because Bryce had to throw him out of the room.
Hopefully Tyler sets them all straight in S2
Probably just the prop people having a giggle.

Suicide is degeneracy and is never justified. I didn't watch the show and I do not plan to.

Fuck you Tony

Legally she was an accomplice to rape.

She was a horrible person.

JUST WATCH THE TAPES CLAY

And an accomplice to Jeff's death. She should've called 911 and waited by the stop sign.

She didn't have a phone. She did call the cop's but chickened out when there was clearly an accident that happened but she wanted to believe it was just someone who reported the stop sign.

I-it's okay user, she was drunk. Everyone else is to blame

>i know what you're thinking
>i should have done something to help jessica
>but i was drunk and i was scared
>so it's all of my friend's faults and they will pay for months to come and some of their lives will be ruined

She also got her friend drunk and tricked her into stripping in front of a peeping tom.

Then she should've waited by the downed sign to flag a car down to report it. She left the crime scene.

Tony: have you ever witnessed a crime scene.
Clay: no
Next episode find out clay was first to crash scene.

Besided the rape hannah had a great life. Just a drama queen who wanted everyone to chase after her and got pissed if they ever did what she asked. No big loss.

1. That wouldn't help
2. Why does it matter if she left the scene of a crime that wasn't her crime?

That was one of the few situations where she acted like a decent human being. Until she finally got a hold of the cops and didn't report how the stop sign was knocked down. However, it wasn't really her burden to admit to that. It was Sheri's.

>got pissed if they ever did what she asked.

This. I couldn't believe how many times she said one thing and then would say "Deep down I really didn't mean what I said..... but you listened anyway" FUCK YOU!

The worst was the school counselor in the final episode. The guy did nothing wrong. He tried to help and said she could either tell her what happened or she would have to let it go.

Nah the worst was when she got mad at Clay because he didn't rape her.

>guy did nothing wrong
>girl at school tells him she was raped
>beyond giving basic advice he makes no effort to contact her parents or talk to her further

many of the crimes on the tapes were pretty minor things, but the counselor was terrible.

He should have been more understanding though. She said she was raped and he was implying she was either drunk or on drugs or that she actually consented. Also, he should have talked to her parents or SOMEONE after that. She fucking admitted she was raped.

Suicide is literally the answer to every problem imaginable.

>she said she was raped

The counselor asked her and she said no.

>counseler I liked Bryce's cock
What was the poor guy supposed to do

>Was she just a drama queen?
Yes.
> Was she justified?
No, there were better ways.
> Is she a good character?
Yeah. Girls like that really do exist.
>So do you have any sympathy for Hannah Baker?
I didn't really, not until the rape (inb4 Bryce shitposters). Something like that can really fuck you up.

She was asking for it tho

>watches friend get raped
>does literally nothing about it
>"wah I'm depressed I'm gonna go on a depressed night walk"
>hears party
>"ah that's that douchebag Bryce's house"
>"I remember that party where I watched a girl get raped and I did absolutely nothing and told nobody during or afterwards"
>"let's go see what's up"
>"might as well take my clothes off and get in a hot tub"
>"oh, everyone's leaving?"
>"maybe I should not leave"
>"yeah I'd really love to be alone, unclothed, in a hot tub with a rapist"
>gets raped (not her fault)
>counsellor tries to help her
>gets mad when he says he can't help her unless she actually tells him something
>won't press charges
>sends incredibly mixed messages to Clay, who might be autistic
>expects him to understand what the hell she's on about
>proceeds to openly try to date someone in front of Clay because he can't figure out what the hell she wants
>Clay finally realises
>tells him to bugger off after leading him all night and basically trying to have sex with him
>screams at him to leave
>surprised when he does
>kills self
>leaves it so only her parents could find her dead body
>sends tapes around to everyone blaming them for her death
>including people who did nothing wrong
>including two people with obvious mental issues who would clearly not deal with it well

Don't think I've ever seen a more unlikable character. It's like she didn't realise that everyone deals with their own crap, and she wanted everyone to revolve around her, despite the fact she had two good parents who cared only for her.

who cares she's the hottest girl on tv right now. post nudes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not required by law to report crimes and/or remain at a crime scene until the police arrive?

It would've stopped Jeff from dying.
>hold stop sign until someone stops
>use their phone to call 911

Is knocking over a sign a crime? I'm in the UK and we don't have shitty wooden signs so it's unheard of here. I didn't understand why Hannah and Sherri were freaking out so much

Is refusing to let Muhammed fuck your wife a crime? I'm not in the UK.

Yes.

Yeah, it counts as reckless driving, as well as a hit and run. Defacing/destruction of public property, and since Jeff died, it could be bumped up to manslaughter.

You know you can knock over metal signs, right?

So Hannah helped to commit not only a rape but manslaughter. No sympathy from me.

That's why they're elevated dingus

She had sex so I hate her

Is Tyler gonna go on a shooting spree

Elliot was taken from us far too soon

>season 1: 13 reasons why hannah offed herself
>season 2: 13 reasons why alex offed himself
>season 3: 13 reasons why tyler killed his entire class

>being such a fucking pussy that you kill yourself over the opinions of other people

Change schools if it's so bad jfc, the town seemed big enough to have three or four schools going on. Killing herself was a really permanent solution to some temporary heartache.

yeah if you don't mind ending up in hell

Uuuh. Did you miss the part where she got raped and witnessed a rape? And was also partially responsible for a death.

>implying Tyler didn't shoot Alex and made it look like a suicide attempt

>I watched only the first episode: the post

SO GET FUCKED NETFLIX SHILL

THE SHOW IS GARBAGE

i mean this bitch got best ass over the black girl when its clearly not true how can i give her sympathy

>Tyler takes down photo of Alex
makes sense to me.

i'm pretty sure i typed that whole thing nearly word for word in a thread a few weeks ago

the black girl wasn't thicc

Lol this is fucking perfect.

Everyone gives Justin shit for not telling Jessica that Bryce raped her. But she didn't fucking say anything either. Difference is at least Justin TRIED to stop Bryce. Hannah was fucking THERE and still did nothing during or afterward.

Bullshit. She's literally a criminal.

>at least Justin TRIED to stop Bryce

He was shoved out of the room and cried like a bitch. Nigga could have just got Zach and the other jocks, and ran back in to fuck up Bryce. Instead he sulked and lied to Jessica.

Hannah was at fault too, but at least she killed herself.

>Was she justified?
No. Plenty of reasons for suicide are acceptable to me, but suicide for the sake of revenge is idiotic.

>Is she a good character?
No. Males kill themselves 4 times more often than females in the USA or 5 times as much in Hannah's age bracket. No one cares unless the subject is a cute white girl.

fat

Those boys usually kill themselves because they're beta losers, who can't get laid. Hannah had actual problems at the end.

It's justified to the people who do it. Just not to you as you do not stand to benefit from it. I never understand why people say suicide is never an option, you are just hiding from the fact that for some people it IS an option. You are actually being incredibly selfish by suggesting someone should live in agony because you would miss them. That is your problem not theirs.

It is selfish, though. You're gonna fuck up your friends and loved ones forever.

why does she walk like a man?

i fucking hated that pointless latino faggot. Holy shit what a useless character, nothing to do Hannah or the rest of the plot and some shoe horned sexuality plot line. Pretending to be 30 when he was some high school beaner in a leather jack, god what a tool.

>that pointless latino faggot

token spic and homo in one

are you not selfish for wanting someone to go through an unbelievable amount of agony for your own comfort? Is that too not selfish?

People are in control of their own lives. They should be allowed to do what they want with it.

Anyone got screenshots of the user's predictions for season 2 and 3? (Clay and Hannah solve crimes in heaven).

I'm on tape threeee and fuck me if Sup Forums wasn't right. Every character, especially Hannah, is insufferable. So many little douchey things add up too, like

>"What if girls made a list of all the guys and said you had the weakest biceps?"
>"idk, I guess girls wouldn't do that."
>"my point exactly, HEEE HAAWWW"

Are you fucking kidding me, writers? Girls do shitty rankings like that all, the, fucking, time.

>"There's one thing you didn't realize, ALEX: you don't know what it's like to be a GIRL"

I will steadfastly hate-watch the rest of this shitfest

>can't get a gf
>an unbelievable amount of agony

Lmao, pathetic.

Most of us have our brain telling us something is wrong with this shitty show because there are 2 ways interpret the main char's arc:

1. Its either incomplete, with the show basically ending at the lowest point of it and never resolving it with a reedemptive climax

2. Suicide being put forwards by the writers as the climax itself. The problem with redemptive suicide in this context is that you need your suicide to have a positive net effect on your peers for it to be reedemptive, you need to save someone ELSE with it, and the girl's suicide does nothing of that. It only hurts everyone else.

Anyone who thinks the show has a good ending either has no need for a narrative structure to make sense or is identifying with the main char's self-pity fueled viewpoint.

im expecting tyler to do that within 3 ep's of season 2. or his plan get's foiled by his mom

that pissed me off. like the part where she and clay were in that room at jessica's house and she spazzed out on him. and he left "but i wanted you to fight for me" that pissed me off the most about this show

I was confused did they not actually run a blood test on Jeff to see if he was actually drunk or did they just see all of the bottles and just assume he was?

I thought for sure Justin was gonna off Bryce

Your viewpoint is that no one has any responsibility on what our actions cause to others, because one should only worry about our own lives?

Wrong. We dont live a vaccum, we live as part of a society where each of out actions cause ripples among people around us. Thats the reason she made the tapes too, because she expected her death to continue to harm people way after the shock of it wore off. She is a shitty character

I also want to know this

Unfortunately women really do pull this shit. It's happened more than once to me.

>t's like she didn't realise that everyone deals with their own crap, and she wanted everyone to revolve around her,
this is the female nature

Nah, Justin's a pussy. His buddy literally kicked him out and raped his gf, and not only did he not do anything, but he continued to hang out with him.

Easily one of the most cucked characters ever. Even Clay was more alpha than him.

I think that everyone here would be omay with it if you killed yourself

McDonald's.... WELCOME TO YOUR TAPE!

youtube.com/watch?v=RO11peSzdDg

Should I watch this show?

>How on earth were all of these kids still friends with Bryce after finding out he was a rapist

No one cares. One of the most powerful men in the world right now is a rapist and no one cares

Yes.

will I be annoyed at how horrible the characters are to each other?

is there anyone to root for?

Root for Bryce. he did nothing wrong.

the show is so bad it's funny

see