This series desperately needs a reboot

This series desperately needs a reboot.

Maybe not even a reboot, we just need another traditional animated Batman series. 90 percent of batman cartoons are gimmicky as hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MqTrdptLRrs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ua4nPwor0kM&t=0m31s
youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's get a 90s era Vertigo cartoon

I nominate Sandman. If only for animated Death.

House of Secrets and House of Mystery

>gimmicky

What did you even mean by this?

All Batman cartoons are great, honestly.
Beware is my least favorite, but BATB and The Batman are amazing, and Beyond is my favorite animated series.

I mean since The Animated Series we have gotten:

>Batman in the future
>Slightly traditional, but everyone acts and looks totally different
>Batman based off of the Adam West show
and
>batman but cg, and no returning enemies

The only 2 of those I would consider even slightly traditional are The Batman, and Brave and the Bold, but like I said, even those have weird quirks to help them stand out.

I think we just need another straight batman cartoon without all the bells and whistles

i think that just means we just don't need any more bat cartoons
And do you REALLY want them to try and revisit TAS? Revivals never work

Maybe. Like I said, it doesn't exactly have to be a revival, just a show thats in its vein.

I only started thinking about this because after watching the Animated Series segment flashback thing in Beyond, the drastic difference in style really got me missing the old show

You can't deny that batb was gimicky it was great yes but use Batman to showcase a bunch of difrent hero's while genius is still a gimmick

You could look at it as Batman teams up with a bunch of difrent hero's which is even more gimicky

I've got just the idea to get the Batman back in action.

>>Batman in the future

>talking shit about batman beyond

I have no gripe with it. It's just not what I would consider an ordinary Batman show

I don't understand this meme

It's a simple meme

Raping the Joker

it's Sup Forums sipping into Sup Forums

they're just completely retarded and can't do anything but shitpost.

Just ignore those posts.

Actually, I'm wondering if maybe this isn't right.

I mean it's nearly dogma that BTAS is the greatest Batman cartoon ever made. If that's the case, how do you top that? Where do you even go from there?

Just make sure it's always on the air for new, young viewers to discover. Don't let it be forgotten.

I don't think you know what gimmick means.

You're describing premises, not gimmicks.

A useless gadget a character uses that is just there to sell toys is a gimmick. A silly catch-phrase, something recurring that is obviously there just for publicitary ends.

Those things are gimmicks.

Batman in the future, Batman in the Silverage, etc. Those are just the premises of the shows. The shows revolve around that, they're not marketing tricks.

We already had an excellent traditional Batman series, and The Batman was pretty much a traditional Bat show but more modern.
What I'd really like to see is a mature take, maybe something aired on [adult swim], that is more like a series of 30 minute shorts than an actual serialized show. Something in the veins of Legends of The Dark Knight, but animated, that'd be swell.

What do you have in mind, Jim?

The world needs more of this
youtube.com/watch?v=MqTrdptLRrs

Batman, you know what this is about.

>I think we just need another straight batman cartoon without all the bells and whistles

How boring

youtube.com/watch?v=Ua4nPwor0kM&t=0m31s

>And do you REALLY want them to try and revisit TAS? Revivals never work

Keep the feel of the show the same as it was with:

More Batgirl only eps

More Nightwing only eps

Make Tim Drake Jason Todd the Red Hood

Introduce Damian

They could do so much great stuff. Also just so its clear I'm not suggesting they continue BTAS with the exact same style, but more of a 'spritual continuation'

Let the BTAS universe exist as it does and have it lead into Beyond or whatever

NO

Batman Beyond was literally pitched as Batman in highschool.
The show was absolutely a gimmick, but it was a gimmick done right.

My ideal continuation would be after the Joker died and Batman cut his ties with the rest of the bat family/Justice league; with him trying to get back to his lone vigilante roots in spit of his age. Thing'll get darker and harder for him as he no longer has the emotional support of his friends and his body begins to give out on him, finally culminating in the opening scene from Batman Beyond where he threatens a crook with a gun and subsequently quits being Batman forever.
I doubt any network would really go for something like that though. Even if someone were to okay an action cartoon with a real budget in the day and age, I really couldn't see a producer getting behind the idea that Batman is anything less than a mimetic unstoppable baddass.

I wanna put my dick in crazy.

Hey, The Batman and Beware the Batman fans. BTAS was so adored that many of its elements went into the actual comics like Harley Quinn and Freeze's new attitude, along with the Arkham series giving BTAS tons of attention. BTAS also has the two "main" voices for Batman and Joker while no one cares about the voice actors from the other shows. And don't forget that Batman Beyond is still popular enough to get comics all these years later. But your shows have been completely forgotten and ignored since they stopped airing and nothing from them has been incorporated into the comics or video games. How does that make you feel?

It's been ages since Superman had a cartoon. I want a World's Finest show about bro-ops, along with the occasional episode being split up into separate Batman & Superman stories. It's the perfect time for it since we just got Batman v Superman.

I could see this being a great arc for comics. But bringing back DCAU for it with a new cartoon? Nah.

I like BTAS because it basically said FUCK YOU to the Killing Joke, and didn't paralyze Barbara Gordon, which is ultimately why she's back as Batgirl in the comics.

Funny that Alan Moore only wanted her injury to be temporary.

who?

Bump

>nothing from them has been incorporated into the comics or video games.

Firefly's armor from The Batman was adapted in the comics and in Lego Batman 3. Scorn from that show was also in the comics as Wrath's sidekicks.

Why are Timmfags insecure little fags?

Forgot to mention BtB's Batmobile is the standard in the newer versions and LB3.

Also, the DCAU had many years to built nostalgia. TB is getting some, though I don't know how BtB will do since CN barely aired it in the first place.

God, I just hate superman so much

Is it time for my Superman cartoon pitch?
>Superman TEAM-UPS
>Superman going around teaming up with different heroes all over the DCU
>Fleshing out lesser known characters while also showing that Superman can have weaknesses outside of Kryptonite
The Superman in this show can be split up into 2 types: The older mentor figure who's been around the block more times than he can count and the traditional Fleischer studios inspired Super-man. You'd see a lot of the first whenever Superman is teaming up with a younger less experienced hero and the latter when he's up against something he isn't prepared for or fighting some sci-fi concept

Kinda like Brave and the Bold?

I always thought that show would have been better starring Supes

As much as I love Brave and the Bold, I always thought it was less about highlighting the more obscure elements of the DCU and more about the creators saying fuck it and putting the characters they wanted to see in the show. Which is fine because its still a really good show, but I'd like to see something a bit more like the original pitch

I think Superman would be a better MC just because he can go places Batman can't and is a character that can exist in any time period or setting. He lends himself much more naturally to cosmic space stories or ancient mystic adventures. But the biggest difference I think would be that Superman would act as a character for the audience relate. Supes would be the outsider to most of the events and so would the audience. He may know the Green Lantern corp and maybe even have a vague knowledge of the emotional spectrum, but Kilowagg may need to sit him down and explain to him the differences between a Red Lantern and a Blue Lantern and everything in between before they both try taking on a ring-slinging Hank Henshaw

I think Babs is better as Oracle than she is as Batgirl.

>tfw to justify the cost of decent modern animation they'd have to make it a blockbuster animation that appeals to all demographics
>tfw dark, gothic, comic-faithful, kid friendly Batman

Niggah, I hope for your sake you're taking about Wesley Doods or Sandy The Golden Boy

>animated Death.
youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI

>it basically said FUCK YOU to the Killing Joke, and didn't paralyze Barbara Gordon
I'm pretty sure that's because BTAS is based in the O'Neil era of the comics before the Killing Joke ever happened. Sure there was a divergence later on in Beyond, but BTAS was pretty strictly 70s/80s. Even Tim was just Jason in all but name (I'm pretty sure they just named him Tim because Tim was Robin in the comics and synergy.)

It was because Bruce Timm didn't want Barbara in a wheelchair. Technically, The New Batman Adventures is early 90's DC plus Batgirl/minus Oracle.

Also, Bruce Timm flat out stated he doesn't care about Cassandra Cain, and that's why there's no Batgirl legacy in the DCAU.

BTAS more than anything solidified Barbara as THE Batgirl.