Religion in national anthem

I really really dislike our national anthem. It is basicaly a church song, it has not much to do with the country or patriotism.

as reference: youtube.com/watch?v=ZfDpRzN2SBI

What about other countries? Are you okay with this religious content in the anthem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lzFucqDElyE
youtu.be/OAEmpdSHC10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't like flower of Scotland so much I prefer Scots wha hae (Scots who have)

You've got a cross on your flag, your nation is loyal to God. Deal with it, heathen.

then the australian anthem should be the english one with more sparkling sound effects...

Yeah our anthem is shit.
M Grandparents are italian. Love theyr anthem way more. Sound like a victlry chant, Roman Empire style.

>Dov'è la Vittoria?
>Le porga la chioma
>ché, schiava di Roma,
>Iddio la creò!

(...)

>Uniamoci, amiamoci:
>l'Unione, l'Amore,
>rivelano ai Popoli
>le vie del Signore
>Giuriamo far libero
>il suolo natìo
>uniti, per Dio,
>chi vincer, ci può?

Fuck yeah!

typical, you get the awesome, full of heart lyrics and we the cringy, boring as hell church song...

Poland has not yet died,
So long as we still live.
What the alien power has seized from us,
We shall recapture with a sabre.
March, march, Dąbrowski,
To Poland from the Italian land.
Under your command
We shall rejoin the nation.
Like Czarniecki to Poznań
Returned across the sea
To save his homeland
After the Swedish partition.
March, march...
We'll cross the Vistula and the Warta,
We shall be Polish.
Bonaparte has given us the example
Of how we should prevail.
March, march...
The German nor the Muscovite will settle
When, with a backsword in hand,
"Concord" will be everybody's watchword
And so will be our fatherland.
March, march...
A father, in tears,
Says to his Basia
Listen, our boys are said
To be beating the tarabans.
March, march...
All exclaim in unison,
"Enough of this captivity!"
We've got the scythes of Racławice,
Kościuszko, if God wills.

The only mention of God is at the end and he's basically there only to say ,,if we're lucky''. Hell, there's more lines referring to a crying guy with a daughter that didn't exen exist in the real world.

Many Swisses from italian blood seem to relate more with italian culture and italian online communities in the world than with other Swisses; at least in my experience. Like they, even benefitting from all the privilege of swiss citizenship, feel more natural to stay among italians.

No haterino; high respect for Switzerland, just a mere observation.
Can you confirm?

>he likes the italian anthem
It sounds like circus music, and that's putting it lightly.

said the guy whose anthem seems an opening from a North Korean propaganda anime

I'm from the german side, but I think it's because the italian part is so small (only one canton) and altough Italian is oficially a country language, French is teached in the German speaking parts.

I understand that the italian part is interracting more with Italy because of this, but they are still very patriotic for Switzerland from what I see.

hey, have you clicked on my link to the swiss anthem?? Anything is better than that!!

I always liked our anthem to an extent, but my senior year in high school the competition choir I was in was picked to sing it at a baseball game with 12,000 people there.
When we finished the last notes the screaming and cheering and clapping from field level was amazing, including the USA chant at the end. I tried to join but the director yelled at me. Makes me wish I lived in some euro country where they sing anthems and march with torches and holding flags.

Why would he not let you chant USA? You just sang the anthem for gods sake. Was it because you needed to keep formation or something

>Singapore

No it wasn't military or band related, it was a private school high school choir hired to sing private gigs and for the school. He said he didn't want anyone watching or filming to "form an opinion" of the group. Being culturally sensitive is not new to 2016.

Defenetly true. I myself come from a verry traditional german canton. both of my parents were born here, yet my grandparents were originally from italy and moved here to work, way back when. same for my other grandparents wich are slowenian and came to work here many years ago.

Yet when people ask me i usally say im swiss, but with italian and slowenian roots. I just somewhat feel connected to italians, theyr pretty awesome to hang out with aswell imo.

Same goes for the Europe football championship. I always cheer more for italy than anyone else.

Can defenetly confirm, fratello.

Dont get me wrong, i like slowenians alot aswell. Theyre just pretty hard to "come by".

atheists like you are the root problem with western society.
our anthem is the best in the world
youtu.be/lzFucqDElyE
>choir
youtu.be/OAEmpdSHC10

Oh wow look at that a European hates Christianity on wow who'd have thought, well good thing your countries are being invaded by the Islamic cult of satan.