Kingdom of Heaven

Alright, I've heard so much about Orlando Bloom ruining an otherwise perfect movie in Kingdom of Heaven. So, who would Sup Forums have cast as Balian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CKFWViXlK8w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He didnt ruin the film at all. The studio did.
Directors cut is pure kino

People complain about him even in the Director's cut

I wouldn't go so far as to say Orlando ruined the movie, but he was definitely poorly casted. Or he just phoned it in because I think he's a fine actor in general.

Who would I cast in his stead? I've been asking myself that for years. I can never come up with a better choice.

The only choice is Seth Macfarlane

ridley scotts boner for muslims ruined the movie

He was actually great in it.
The character walked a fine line between non-aggressive yet upstanding that Orlando manages very well.
Also never heard anyone claim he ruined it.

Either one.

Directors cut is easily kino.

Orlando was pretty wooden, if it was made today I would cast a big guy like Tom Hardy.

But considering it was 2005, I would have cast perhaps Eric Bana, had the acting chops in the mid 2000s, had worked before with Scott in 2001 on Black Hawk Down. It could have worked, but I do understand the need to cast someone british, which Bana is not.

Unironically, I think Hayden would've made a better Balian than Orlando.

He even looks decent as a crusader

Is that Nic Cage and Anakin crusaiding Tattooine in the most unrealistic costumes of all time? Holy christ name of movie right now.

Outcast

youtube.com/watch?v=CKFWViXlK8w

Jesus just looking at the trailer
>Anakin kills younglings again
>Nic Cage becomes an asian
>that cringey dialogue
i need to watch that asap

>Budget: 25 million
>Box office: 4.8

>...he said it marked a career shift from Cage's "entertainingly eccentric phase" into his "genuinely befuddling and perhaps sad phase"

is it me or is bloom green-screen superimposed in front of the city?

It's not you, that's for sure

>Who would I cast in his stead? I've been asking myself that for years. I can never come up with a better choice.
rustle crow

and then, in actual history, the "noble" saladin enslaved every christian woman and child in jerusalem, because the skint crusaders couldn't pay the exorbitant ransom he demanded

It's awful.

Watch the scene in context, hes under a tent and is lit by reflected light.

The problem is that he's doesn't hold up his end of the scenes when he's opposite guys like Irons, Norton, and Neeson who are just crushing it in every scene.

Fucking hell.

Those accents, that... everything...

lol u mad white boi? you've got saladin in u

Too old

At least it isn't the new Arthur movie

i'm libyan

i just think its funny when white people like ridley scot act like saladin was some bastion of nobility

he's still terrible. Why wouldn't he be?

Probably. It's not that high of a bar.

what's the one he's in with Hellboy?