When did you realize Atheism was the truth and no amount of feelings could change that?

When did you realize Atheism was the truth and no amount of feelings could change that?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lXMskKTw3Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=HCtOZ5ibL_g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The day the clown cried

>be born in 1991 in Italy
>areligious family
>they teach me about big bang and atoms in 6th grade

Don't blame religious people. They get told brainwashed during their childhood and can't really do anything about it.

>Irreligious
>Italy

You're probably a jew

God first needs to be defined in order to talk about atheism.

I was never brainwashed into thinking otherwise.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lXMskKTw3Bc

>big bang
>give us one miracle and we'll explain the rest

I hate this pretentious fat fuck. People like him is why I don't tell people that I don't believe in religion unless specifically asked otherwise they'll think I'm like this loser.

You'll see and when you do you'll bow on your knee like the little bitch you are.

When the Vatican forced Ratzinger or whatever was the name of the "former" pope out because leftists didn't like him and put a soviet plant who's only good for preppin bulls en masse.

God bless you user

Did you graduate grade school yet? Let me guess you just post dank memes on 4shit for a living

user listen science is all about the HOW not the WHY. We look for ways to explain how everything works not why everything works.

>Stop believing or I call you silly.

1. No.
2. I saw evidence, and no smalls ammount of it.
3. Kill yourself, faggot.

From here on, you will only get answer 3 constantly at each attempt to communicate, as I am well aware that you are a faggot and need to killl yourself.

I never was brought up with any religious beliefs and I never understood I was supposed to believe the religious stories about god ACTUALLY happened. I remember being confused at 10 about what religion I was when the school had some multi-religious Christmas celebration.

All you tards are wrong, the universe was probably created in a science experiment. Probably at the end of the last one, or this is a simulation

No it doesn't, shut up

>I believe that there's a god based on nothing

LOL WHAT AN IDIOT! fucking theists are so stupid

>I believe that there's absolutely no higher power based on nothing!

BASED! Take that Christians!

Never believed in a God, just like most people I've talked to here in this country even though I'm still part of my Church. But I never go there anymore.

How can you not? Do you know how big our galaxy is? Do know how large the universe is?

>feelings don't make people Atheists
youtube.com/watch?v=HCtOZ5ibL_g

I don't give a single fuck desu.

There is no hard evidence one way or the other. Most likely never wil be.

Atheism's only edge in which way is proper is Occam's razor, where you should choose explanation with less assumptions - and therefore one without supernatural entities.

The "burden of proof is on believers' side" is a valid point as well...
... but only in discussions where one attempts to sway the other and doesn't say in itself anything about validity.

When I was 12

Haha idiot, that's a long video. No one has time to watch that.

>religious as a child
>get into the edgy atheism stage in my teens
>barely survive an accident
>face to face with death
>still survive
>back to Christianity ever since

I believe something is out there when I die

It's a pity you didn't die

Name one successful country where the official religion is atheism.

When I was 12 I asked my parents, who seemed quite religious to me at the time "Can we just stop going to church? You don't really believe this shit, do you?" and they told me they only ever went for my benefit, should I decide religion is for me. They wanted to expose me to it out of a sense of integrity.

Sadly, my mom got re-brainwashed after her sister died. Something about it being comforting, the idea of her consciousness still existing somewhere.

Bullshit, Mom, you're a pussy.

LOL just because you didn't die doesn't mean an omniscient creator sent his son aka himself to die in order to forgive people for what said creator himself instilled in you.

China

>science is all about the HOW not the WHY
>Bahamas
I thought Americans had bad Education but wtf Bahamas?

There aren't any atheist countries. Most people are just religious mongoloids who have forsaken common sense in the miniscule chance that they never have to derp around in fire for eternity.

Come back to Sup Forums when this phase is over, buddy

Stop op.

LMFAO the religious telling the secular to grow up. Damn that's rich.

Because, ya know, it's not like religion consists of fairy tales for adults or anything.

When I was like 16.

Then I realized it was pointless and gay when I was 20.

Religions are all man made. But they are needed for a functional society as most people are inherently religious by
nature. Remove Christianity and you don't actually remove religious people. They just replace it with something worse like ultra-liberalism or occasionally other goofy things libertarianism or a foreign religion like Islam.

The idea that you can spread atheism is retarded. There are a small number of people who can think rationally and for themselves. The rest of the people are inherently religious and always will be. Kill their God and they will craft a new one.

When I was 15. Then I grew up

Seriously, the immaturity is astounding.

Who the fuck is he, though?

The Amazing Atheist

When I went to a catholic school as saw what made these people religious. It literally came down to the ,,God of the gaps'' type shit reasoning. You know, not understanding the world around you and explaining it with God. They were good poeople but at the same time they'd piss me off with their horrible conformism. It was like religious leftism. They didn't question anything you told them of course. You were able to tell them the stupidest shit and they'd absolutely believe it. Halfway through the school I became an atheist. I wasn't a fedora-tipping bastard though and I kept it as private as possible.

All in all, fuck people who stall the scientific progress by saying ,,uh, le god obviously did it why are you even curious about the universe ;]''. I don't hate them because they're Christian, Muslim, or anything else. I hate them because they're lazy pieces of shit.

I realized that all human religions are illogical and stupid by the age of 14 when I became really interested in sciences especially astronomy. It became more and more obvious they could only really work when we didn't know shit about the world around us.

But, 15 years later, I still don't think atheism is the truth, I see it as the other extreme that is as much a blind belief and a sign of closed mind

If God doesn't exist, then what caused the big bang?

Checkmate atheists.

Oh fuck, you're right. I am now a #PiSsMissile.

>refuse to read a book
>get angry at people who do
atheism

Therefore must an intelligent being exist? Why must something sentient have created it?

God probably doesn't exist.

Most atheists are unbearable edgy little cunts.

There, i solved it, pol BTFO, really makes you think, what did i mean by this ? Can we now concentrate on making memes about the latest happening ?

As far back as I can remember, the early 70's. I always thought that religion was basically stories adults told to dead with sad situations.

I didn't actually realize that some adults took it literally until I was in my teens. I had been to church thousands of times by then.

Oh god, this board is full on under aged summerfags.

Believe what you will

Despite going to church every sunday when I was younger I never really had much faith god being real.

>Paul C Vitz

Into the trash it goes

I was never religious growing up, even though I went to a christian elementary and high school. The stories were interesting but obvious bullshit to me even as a child.

Don't care if someone is religious though as long as it doesn't influence my life. I'm looking at you, muslims.

There may be a "higher power" but it sure as shit isn't a big bearded man in the sky listening to my prayers and answering them or maybe not answering them depending on how He feels that day.

ever since i had independant thought

1/5

I SUDDENLY FEEL THE NEED TO RUB MY BODY WITH COFFEE, MILK AND "CHOCOLATE SYRUP" WHILE PROCEEDING TO INSERT A BANANA INTO MY NETHER AREA

Don't you think that kind of detracts from the worth of humans?

I was in a crash quite recently too, and I feel thoughts like that take away from how amazing humans are, I was in the wreck stuck for only half an hour, after getting t-boned before an ambulance came. God didn't save me, it was the paramedics who do it for a living getting to me before I suffocated.

In my late teens. When did you?

Mine got me an illustrated bible for children the day I started going to school.
Then the country stabilized, we got cable in 1998, dad started watching 5 documentaries a day since he was a lazy unemployed piece of shit and fast forward a decade, he is only a christian on paper, and wants to talk about space physics, cultural darwinism and the moral implications of artificial intelligence when I visit.

This whole "disproving" thing is naive as fuck.
By that logic you would have to believe in everything because you can't "disprove it."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

>muh science
this is the biggest strawman argument against religion ever.

as if all christians were young earth creationists.

what do you expect from an Australian?

their country was colonised purely with criminals and undesirables (mental retards and crazies)

Its not an argument against christianity, its just an explanation as to why many people are christian.
Not because they believe, or make sense of the faith, but rather because they aren't well educated.
Educated christians exist, but most arent, and those would drop their faith had they been educated.

kek - say what you like but the dude handled that embarrassment like a fucking pro.

When i was 15

Say what you will about the Amazing Atheist, but if it wasn't for his tough asshole attitude towards religion, I would probably would still be a Christian miserable.

The walls of arrogance religion can set up is scary, some people need somebody just as tough to chip away at that wall.

i.e. when you were an edgy teenager who had no clue about life or anything else.

Atheism: Supernatural things don´t exist
God: I´m a supernatural entity
Fucking burgers!!!

I cannot imagine how fucking furious ToeJam must be right now at his disgusting, heathen cuck messiah Bernie Sanders getting McFucking Demolished by his own party.

It will be a matter of enduring pleasure to me to watch this fat, degenerate mentally ill cocksucker fume and rage impotently on Youtube like the loathsome homo that he is, secure in the knowledge that the swing to the Right has begun, and that this little cuckold is going to spend the next four political cycles mad as FUCK.

When I was 13. Seven years ago.

Every loud mouth atheist is an absolute embarrassment. Prove me wrong.

Pretty much all loudmouths are, what's your point?

Your mom has to comfort herself because the good sibling died and all she has left is a faggot for a son

Atheism is the biggest arrogance there is though.

It's pretty much pure "fuck you mom and dad".
It's not by chance that most "atheists", or at least those vocal about it, are around 15-20 years old.

It's the arrogance of a teenager that rebels against authority.
"I'm 15 years old and I know better than everyone else"

I know, because I was that way too.

Atheism has never been the truth. It is the search for the truth. It is scientific uncertainty. Logic. Reason.

when I was 14
then I realized I was wrong
belief in personal god is still pretty fucking retarded though

Well i have a clue about life and everything else now, i´m still an atheist.

I think you mixed up the definitions between atheism and agnosticism

Wrong!!! Atheism gives you only one thing, the disbelieve in anything supernatural. That´s it. This doesn´t mean you follow logic and reason you can still be a communist.

No its not. Every religion is loaded contraindications and fundamentally flawed.

You realize you can be an atheist without being a retarded teenage rebel right? Are you really this stupid?

The reason most people start becoming atheist in their teens is because thats that critical years of ones life where people start looking back and questioning stuff. Its the defining moments.

Sounds to me like you have no arguments, you are just against it because you were an edgy teenage atheist and think everyone is like that

atheism is a belief you fucking retard

For me it was more "fuck mom and dad's religion". Not actually fuck mom and dad.
Also, what you describe isn't arrogance. Rebellious behaviour isn't by necessity arrogance.

Somebody doesn't know how evidence works

Wrong again, it´s the exact opposite.

>her sister

If God is real then why isn't anime real?
CHRISTIANS WILL NEVER, EVER RECOVER FROM THIS ONE

>implying what individuals believe and what is currently epistemologically true coincide.
>implying most knowledge is absolute, and not just a very strong belief in.
I don't like Christ friends, but the pompous attitude of atheists rub me the wrong way.

opposite of a belief is a belief in the opposite

If Einstein was so smart than why is he dead?

Disbelife=Belief
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

>I never state my positions so I am superior to both lol

>the disbelieve in anything supernatural

No, just god specifically.

There are plenty of atheists who believe in ghosts and ancient aliens or whatever the fuck.

but that's how it works
do you want to deny the fact that you believe that there is no god?
aliens are not supernatural

They aren´t atheists. Ghosts are related with some sort of deity.
Aliens have nothing to do with the supernatural. there could very well be alien life.

>Ghosts are related with some sort of deity
no

I never >implied that. I'm agnostic. There is no certifyable way to prove or disprove "gods" existence. After all the concept of the inanimate becoming animate is still baffling. Unless you subscribe to the notion that all living, and nonliving things are connected in major ways beyond the raw building blocks of atoms.

>It's pretty much pure "fuck you mom and dad".

Oh look, it's THAT "argument" again...