Homestuck

What's your favorite subversed plot point?

Mine is "having a character suffer with no pay off" and "the mary sue parody that no one likes is actually a mary sue all along".

Other urls found in this thread:

mspaintadventures.com/GAMEOVER/
youtube.com/watch?v=uHmXe2eY6Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=x3ruWSdc1Vo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wow this is a positive start to a thread. really setting the tone for some quality homestuck discussion on Sup Forums

I like the "Lets throw out all the shit we've been building towards with a in story retcon!" one

My favourite was ominously building up Jack Noir and first guardians, having him destroy both the human and troll sessions, and ultimately cause them to flee and unite together, but then forgetting all about that for some unrelated thing that only became relevant in response to fandom WHO IS LORD ENGLISH???? speculation.

it does bother me that the dog fight in collide could have happened DURING CASCADE and the story wouldnt have changed at all.

Three years of padding, between which Lord English was introduced as a nebulous, vague thread, ignored, and defeated in a nebulous, vague way.
Condy was the only vaguely decent villain in Act 6, IMO. I wish LE had wrecked the session the way she did in Game Over, that was absolutely terrifying.

>Karkat fans

I really liked how Game Over showed that a big battle royal between all the parts was a bad idea and wouldn't have worked, and then the end of Act 6 is a big battle royal between all the parts where for some reason everything goes exactly according to plan and there isn't a clever way of making the retcon shit matter in the growth of the characters

everything in Game Over conspires to go wrong because that's what Aranea wants
everything in Collide conspires to go right because that's what Vriska wants
because DUDE SERKETS LMAO.
they're Hussie's favorite plot devices and fap material.
he was willing to ruin his story twice so he could get off to his shitty meta mary sue femdom fetish. never forget that.

homestuck doesn't seem too much that it has plot points, more like the story was completely blown

but i like how most of the characters end up in the worst states they could be

i mean we were missing gamzee, aranea, jade and jane as villains the second time, and gained john, dirk, jade and jane on the good side (half of the god tiers!). also, the kids had a chance to plan beforehand. and by plan i mean get told what to do by vriska. yeah im not exactly ecstatic about how it was done, but there were enough significant differences in the kids' favour for it to work out the second time

>Game Over timeline
>Condy one-hit-kills Kanaya with her death lasers and Rose with her trident
>Retcon
>Can't even make either of them bleed

>favorite subversed plot point?

mspaintadventures.com/GAMEOVER/

>GamKat gets what it deserves
>Cloun gets sawed in half
>A Serket gets their neck snapped
>Everyone fuckin dies
>Condy is fuckin awesome

Only thing missing is John getting shot.

>>Retcon
>>Can't even make either of them bleed

Fuckin bullshit.

i love that you can see her pussy get squeezed into a mound by her thighs in this gif

I don't think I saw a single droplet of jade blood in Collide, for one thing.
(Less sure about Rose.)

but she killed both rose and kanaya in collide and jane revived them

What happened to Aradia?
Vriska?
The dead trolls?

Does Rose and John not care about their parents being dead anymore?

What about Bec?

Does MsPaint realise Jack Noir and Spades Slick are two different people? Does she care?

Does ANYONE care about ANYTHING?

This comic went to shit after Sn8wman and Doc Scratch died.

What about Droog? Doesn't he still have a ring?

I like how Collide is 18 minutes long even though only the last 6 really matter and the rest is literally filler - some fights are at the exact same point where they startedd more than halfway through the video
A nice touch was having Kanaya, Jade and Karkat being completely useless (especially Jade, since we hadn't already seen anough of that, it was a very new and original concept), having Jake somehow defeat some of the Felt offscreen (but not Crowbar, which just disappears) and not have a definite follow-up to his self pity thing - btw, great choice having Spades Slick and the Felt as senseless enemies without real motivation against the protagonists, it was top tier storytelling
I also REEEALLY LIKE how there are a few points in Collide (firefly flying around, flashback to the Beta kids houses) where it looked like they were about to pull some sort of synchronized/simultaneus effort that would have them come out victorious, some sort of payoff after the lowest point of the fight where the protagonist is like "I won't lose!", and instead the fight goes on for minutes and minutes after that and they end up being completely useless apart from Dave
But the best part is definitely the one where we are led to believe that Bec Noir and PM, after a three year chase, will have a confrontation where their powers are obviusly matched but Bec Noir has kinda lost the will to fight and loses, and -surprise!- this thing that could have been predicted years ago happens exactly that way

Overall 10/10, a good solid endgame flash that wrapped everything up in a way that made sense and definitely had a reason to last 18 minutes

Red Miles don't exist anymore because they left Hussie's mind entirely.

no, it was given to roxy and then lost. only one of the life/void rings can be found at once, so as long as calliope keeps her life ring the void one will stay missing (caliborn gets it in the very distant future)

what was the point of having calliope

DD had it passed on to Roxy, or Condy did. I wasn't clear on whether it was part of his plan or hers.

so LE has a reason to exist

A Deus Ex Machina that could get rid of LE without having to actually come up with something more clever than "put him in a black hole".

i unironically like that collide took the big serious final battle and switched it up unexpectedly into a sprite fight party with jokes and amazing music. reminded me of acts 1-3 when sburb was still a game parody with absurd mechanics before everything started being treated as real. treating 'serious' events non-seriously is one of the best things about homestuck. the main issue with act 6 was when it started doing the reverse.

I don't mind LE himself being boring because the interesting thing was all the stuff leading to him, ie Doc Scratch and Caliborn being amazing characters.

What i do mind is all the villains getting beaten boringly in a shitty flash by retconned characters with shitty writing, followed by a vague ending that made even the most die hard fans go "wait where's the rest?"

sprite fight party with jokes and amazing music (necessarily)=/= shit fights where antagonists become the jokes in an ungratifying way

Hussie just couldn't pull it off and we got both

I agree for the most part, but there really should have been something more than "the happy music is playing so the good guys win now". Only the Jack decapitation was anything more.

PM really should have killed Jack in Cascade, actually. That way he gets killed off when he still feels like a villain and we don't have to wait around for years for him to become relevant only for him to not be relevant. Lord English would have been a lot easier to accept as the new villain if the old villain died.

Although LE still needed to pose more of a direct threat, especially since he was supposed to be the big hulk to Scratch's smug planning.

As far as MSPA precedent goes, falling into a supermassive black hole is a moderate inconvenience at worst.

What about getting trapped in a juju which falls into a supermassive black hole

That's exactly it. MSPA has always been about this absurd sense of escalation. We started out with a regular kid's world, then we went to the game, then we pulled back and saw the purpose of the game in the propegation of Universes, pulled back further and saw the players of the game were cosmic entities waging a battle for all of creation, then we pulled even further back and found an entity outside of it all smashing a swath through space-time, slaying old gods as a matter of course, then they stuck him in a black hole. The end.

jegus fuck those thighs

the stuff done by english didnt affect the kids' session too much, but his reality smashing being hulky and retarded came across fine to me as i read archivally. i guess it doesnt matter how many times youre told by characters that this ultimate threat is a level removed from the story youre reading, it still feels weird and hard to accept. ive got respect for andrew for trying to write it. like most of homestuck its a compelling idea with questionable execution.

anyone have those lewd aradia pics of her sticking her finger and entire arm through the other hand suggestively? I need it to stir up trouble in the undertale Sup Forums

>the stuff done by english didnt affect the kids' session too much
>Doc Scratch, Gamzee, and Condy didn't affect the kids session too much

what the fuck

Check the threads in the archive they get posted almost every thread.

>Don't forget that Best Girl survives

Because le good fangirl meme

i mean the things physically done by lord english's hands, not the things his servants did to ruin the timeline/create him.

>sleeping calliope with swirly cheeks

what

Calliope only has the swirly cheeks after being resurrected, I think?

Nope, swirly cheeks mean the other half is still there.

Of course, Calliope also has swirly cheeks post resurrection, but that's just another loose plit thread, and that image is clearly in the room she grew up in.

>Everyone fuckin dies
You wish, Condy

>both chains open
She's just so fucked up on glitter Caliborn can't come out

How to fix homosuck:
> Game over is the real timeline, no changing the alpha
> John, Dirk and Roxy recover the life ring, remove headband and revive Jane who proceeds to revive everyone who can be (i.e. not karkat or gamzee)
> Jane and Dave use time shenanigans such that jane self-revives after removing the ring
> Ring to calliope and proceed to collide as per normal except no revives left
> Spend the extra time dealing with lord english properly rather than the half assed ending we got

Why was this deleted? Come on, mods.

Not gonna lie, a Unite / Synchronization time travel flash about fixing the timeline and getting Jane to revive everyone in increasingly badass and convoluted ways would have been fucking awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=uHmXe2eY6Kg

Unironically think this flash is great minus the ugly art. With a few less deaths we could have really carried on from this point and had a better story.

caliborns goon face when his cape gets ripped is so fucking goid. i love that something as dumb as that fight is happening simultaneously with the entire cast dying. emotion dissonance is one of the best things about homestuck

>tfw watching caliborn get beat up was the emotional part for you

he doesn't deserve pain... hes a good boy

Some of the deaths shouldn't even have logically happened at all in that sequents of events at all. I mean shit, Dirk's sword was just as imaginary as the Dirk that just disappeared right before it.

Who should have made it out, and who should have permadied? Assume no revivals.

Definitely think Rose should have lived but not Kanaya or Karkat.

>Rose
>living
Her death was probably the most I ever cared about her, and was properly tragic

Dave should have died

Him being together in death with Jade was perfect

Nah that was a bullshit death too. If he had time travelled ONCE, he and Jade would have been fine. Don't tell me Dave wouldn't time travel for JADE you fucking hack.

would the retcon have been better if we'd got fairly quickly to the story/fighting straight after? i didnt mind it that much reading archivally, but given that all the bad shit had been wiped i expected everyone to be happy and ready to go fight and instead they spent 500 pages and 80k words moping to each other.

All the kids survive
Terezi and Kanaya survive (Kanaya just gets knocked out by the laser beam)

Permadeath:
Gamzee
Karkat (Now convinces Meenah and Vriska to continue the ghost army plan or he teams up with Tavros when these two decide to be egoistic lazy assholes)
Aranea

Dave didnt time travel for mayor, why he would care to worst girl

>She never got to cook the hotpocket

he time traveled for dirk but wouldnt for jade...

Jade wouldn't have been fine, she was dead

If he tried to time travel he'd just have doomed the timeline

The mission was to bring her corpse back to Jane, remember?

go!rose became the hotpocket...

which then burst open due to shitty cooking which led to the horror that was jasprose

>Retcon
>>Can't even make either of them bleed
She could certainly make them cream themselves

How would you redeem Aranea and her thighs?

youtube.com/watch?v=x3ruWSdc1Vo
>This did not play in Shes8ack
Andrew might have had it planned well in advance and he fucked even THAT up.
How low can he get?

that song fkin sucks

I actually liked aranea. She did get used for exposition, though honestly, considering the drag the story was going through, i am kind of glad she took the "show, don't tell" method to speed shit up. it's bad story telling but hussie's been so far down that path that this is good in comparison.

She existed briefly, had a goal, fucked it up spectacularly, and didn't come back. She's a complete character who's hubris got the best of her

i already redeemed both her and vriska with my semen

Rub them against my face. Alternatively, tell us where the fuck she disappeared to around the time of Game Over.

I declare this the least enjoyable song bowman has made. Too many acute instruments.

These feet are no even good, why you keep posting it

>:?

i thought the exposition fairy thing was cute, her relationships with meenah and vriska were written pretty well, and her face-heel turn made sense in context. acceptable arc. nothing needed to change.

Can Karkat beat her up?

>High growth potential
Heir
Thief
Lord
Muse
>Shit start but very high growth potential
Page
>Average growth potential
Rogue
Prince
Bard
Witch
Sylph
>Good start but shit growth potential
Seer
Mage
Knight
>Shit start, shit growth potential
Maid

there is like 3 fics they fuck each other and thats it

>Thief
>Not in shit growth potential

Was Aranea the first chatacter Hussie specifically attractive?

Problem is Gamzee dying means he can't be with Caliborn.

But Karkat being the one to kick the ghost army juju plan back into being instead of Vriska is great.

A good thief whos a dick head and steals potential from other players has high potential like Vriska
A bad thief who plays nice and doesn't fuck with their team mates has shit potential like Meenah

Oh, you're talking about sheer powerlevel. I thought you meant personal growth. That list makes more sense now.

what

Meenah fucked with her teammates all the time. That was why she got killed/god tiered by Damara, because she kept rubbing her face in her failings with Rufioh.

am i the only one who thought she was extremely cute in game over?

>maid
>shit growth potential
>apparently implying that aradia is not a big deal
>not the caretaker of the entire afterlife

Was the only reason Hussie made this character to give me, specifically, a boner?
Was that the plan?
Cause I got one.

There's something about all the joyful traits from Rose in a kitty cat body teasing the real deal and expressing what she usually doesn't that makes me all funny inside.

Dumb tier list.

For example, Rogue of Heart and Rogue of Breath are weak as shit, but Rogue of Void is the most obnoxiously OP class combo there is when you analyze what is can do and how it does it

Stop making threads about this shit

>those cute little hands and feet
nuuuuuuhhh
nuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh

BUT MY FRIEND

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING

WE GOT HOMESTUCK 2.0

HOMESTUCK THE (Episodic) VIDEO GAME

AND A MYSTERY HOMESTUCK PROJECT

POSSIBLY HOMESTUCK THE CARTOON!

Homestuck and other projects surrounding it aren't anywhere near finished. If we aren't allowed to post about series' that have ended, you're hardly allowed to talk about cartoons or comics at all on this board

is this loki? god bless

but meenah is also the condesce, who as a empress and a literal thief of life had some of the most success of any single sentient character aside from caliborn. meenah was also the most successful in her terrible session. thief looks pretty fucking strong in that context.

A Sylph of Light was the highest potential in ability that we ever saw after millions of years of development (Aranea), while Kanaya was one of the weakest players even after 3 years. That's the slowest start ever.