Agents of SHIT confirmed non-canon

>Q: I know that your show does not interact with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Do you ever see yourself crossing over into that world?

Chole Bennet: I would love that. The Marvel Cinematic Universe loves to pretend that everything is connected, but then they don’t acknowledge our show at all. So, I would love to do that, but they don’t seem to keen on that idea.

Other urls found in this thread:

powyeah.com/chloe-bennet-talks-marvel-movies-not-acknowledging-tv/
youtube.com/watch?v=kCVrMSlfQg8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sauce please!

powyeah.com/chloe-bennet-talks-marvel-movies-not-acknowledging-tv/

None of that Shit determines canon

That's true, but it's nice to know that the people involved in AoS don't get their hopes up.

>implying the actor determines what's canon to what

>The Marvel Cinematic Universe loves to pretend that everything is connected, but then they don’t acknowledge our show at all.
Because your show is hot garbage and the only reason it still clings to life is because it has the Marvel brand in it's name.

>it's another AoS Fans Insist Their Show Matters thread

B-but the inhumans...

The ratings are inuman

trips confirm

AoShitheads BTFO!!!

>implying the actor determines what's canon to what
>implying the director determines what's canon to what
>implying the writers determine what's canon to what

Zero reading comprehension.

It's Canon only if the money says so.

Look, Ike Perlmutter doesn't want to pay the SAG royalties to get ANY of the Avengers in AoS or ANY Marvel TV. And Netflix helps fund the MCU Netflix shows, so it's up to both Marvel TV and Netflix if they want to pay to have an Avenger in a Netflix show.

And Marvel TV doesn't have a daily to Marvel Studios to say "Hey, please put this TV easter egg in the next MCU film" unlike the EU dailies for the Star Wars movies.

>shitting on her employers again
Well, guess we all know who's dying this week

>Infinity War comes out
>Luke Cage, Jessica, Daredevil and Iron Fist appear and are relevant
>but there's still no reference to AoS

How hard would you laugh?

That would be nice, maybe she can get a role somewhere in the MCU.

Isn't she the main character?

I honestly can't fathom how any of the Netflix guys could be relevant in a movie that has supposedly cosmic scale.

Here's the facts:

- nobody watches AoS
- if you do mention the events in AoS in a movie the general public will be extremely confused as to who any of these characters are and why they should care
- expecting the general public to catch up to 3 seasons of an average to bad TV show ust for the sake of understanding what's happening in a movie is a bad business decision and bad story telling

The people at AoS have way too much hubris if they think they're important at all for the larger MCU.

Same way Hawkeye and Black Widow are going to be.

Jessica, Luke and Danny are easily at least Cap-tier in power level or higher.

Daredevil wouldn't be the first "human" Avenger,

>Hawkeye
Quip at Thanos

>Widow
>Sleep with Thanos. Thanos realises he no longer needs to glove the get pus, flips the bird to Death, moon walks away

You could say the same about Hawkeye and Widow. At least DD, JJ, and Cage are enhanced.

The best I can imagine is it being like in my japanese bugmen flicks when they have non-bugmen heroes show up out of nowhere and start taking down mooks or a lesser villain as a sort of "Remember these guys?" moment.

Like we just see a brief 30 second scene of them fighting fodder in an effort to protect New York in the absence of the other heroes.

>tony looks for recruits to face Thanos like he did with Peter in CW
>finds them

Done. It's not like their bases of operation are in fucking Zimbwawe. They live in NY like most of the MCU for crying out loud.

SALTY
A
L
T
Y

>Implying you can't have an Inhuman easteregg that's both a nod and a reference to AOS

>acknowledging fanfiction in your billion dollar movie

For
What
Purpose

Their crappy bargain bin X-Men knockoff story was always stupid and it would have fucked up too much other shit to acknowledge.

>Implying the movies aren't billion dollar fanfics

Yeah, this seems reasonable.

It wouldn't be surprising. At least Daredevil is the most acclaimed Cape tv show. And Feige has said multiple times that he loves what the creators of Daredevil did with the property.

>"I think that's inevitable at some point as we're plotting the movies going forward and they're doing the shows. It's easier for them. They're more nimble and faster and produce things quicker than we do, which is one of the main reasons you see the repercussions of Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron in the show. Going forward and certainly as they begin to do more shows and cast them with such great actors as they have -- particularly Daredevil -- that that may occur. A lot of it is by the time we start doing a movie, they'd be midway through a season; by the time it comes out they'd be done with the second, starting the third season. Finding timing on that is not always easy."

Grant Ward would look pretty cheesy in the big screen. None of the AoS cast are particularly talented actors nor are they bankable. At least Charlie Cox has been in movies like Stardust. And his acting was pretty great in The Theory of Everything.

For one, JJ and DD come from critically-acclaimed shows unlike Agents of SHIT.

I'm pretty sure DD was suppose to get a role in Civil War before they decided on spiderman

You can't though, because the Inhuman plot in AoS is fucking stupid.

>terrigenisis crystal fell on the sea, dissolved, got eaten by fish, those fish were caught, turned into fish oil and that makes people turn into Inhumans

>nobody watches AoS

Yes, 2 to 3 million Marvel shills are paid to leave their TVs on ABC every Tuesday

keep grasping at straws you moron.

Didn't Vision say that there's been a rise in superpowered people in the recent years?

>Coulson gave up the MCU for this shit

I want him to have a role in Homecoming. Have Pete narrate the whole story to him kinda like the did in IM3 but better

I don't understand how i'm grasping at straws? Isn't everything technically fan fiction? The movies and shows are being directed by people that love a series and are putting their own little twists on it, sounds like fanfiction to me

Charlie Cox deserves to be in IW. DD is one of the most acclaimed MCU properties.

JJ is shit and I honestly don't know what to think of MCU Luke and Danny, I still have to see their portrayal.

How much do you get paid per post?

>2 to 3 million

So, nobody?

No, the MCU dropped him and TV picked him up. Dude's happy he's still got a job.

How much do you get paid to say MCU shit sucks?

>2 to 3 million mooks with no taste will influence billion dollar movie industry. kek

>Thanos Im here representing the 9th circuit court of New York City and we are sueing you for punitive damages to central park

I do it for free

It was Black Panther and when they added Spidet they kept him in anyway

and if you ever read any Marvel you'd know DD has no interest in assisting the Avengers even in times of mass crisis

>reading comics
>reading MARLEL comics
shiggy

>Big fight happens in hells kitchen
>Avengers are fighting there
>DD comes in kicks some ass
>Avengers are impressed ask him to join them
>I need to protect Hells kitchen
>He fucks off

It's not hard to make a scene where he still interacts with them without joining them

I think that's what Fiege meant. A lot of Netflix actors are movie actors and will have an easy transition/will be recognizable.

3 million x 10 dollars a ticket is 30 million dollars. That's a sizable chunk of money.

No it's not.

Congrats you just spent a shit ton of money on a scene that in no way furthers the plot. This isn't a comic where you can just draw a few panels for that.

They probably don't have money to go to the movies if they're watching ABC

Jesus christ your no fun aren't you? I think Batman V Superman is more you're thing

>Thanos sends aliens to invade new york
>b-but the avengers are in space! who's going to DEFEND us?

fucking done

>company wars
pls

-50% to the theater
-Marketing costs

>20-30 million
>Avengers made 1.6 billion box office
>Avengers 2 made 1.4 billion
>Iron Man 3 made 1.3 billion
>Civil War set to exceed 1.1 billion

2% is "a sizeable chunk"?

Based user bringing the /biz/ perspective to the discussion.

So by your assertion everyone who watched Lost is poor
>implying Ike the kike doesn't care about every nickel and dime

Well you a gigantic movie already burdened with an extensive cast that has to actually matter to the plot.

Go watch Ultron if you want to see how a bunch of pointless cameos weigh down a movie

>comparing mid 00s ABC to current ABC
Nigga they're fourth in the ratings. The fucking CW is beating them on most nights now

30 million is the difference between breaking a box office record or not.

How does that extend to whether or not someone watching ABC has money to go to the movies?

>65 confirmed heroes in IW
>Implying that out of those 65 one of them can't be DD

Is this movie just going to pretend the military doesn't exist again?

>ALIENS ARE INVADING, WHO WILL SAVE US?
>private investigator with pistol/CA-level super strength and guy with batons are on the case
>maybe the NYPD too if you're lucky
>tens of thousands of soldiers with heavy weapons and tanks + hundreds of hundreds of supersonic aircraft carrying thousands of missiles nowhere to be seen
>in fucking New York State
>after aliens already invaded once

So is 1 dollar.

But the people watching SHIELD all watch it because they are already watching the movies.

I prefer it to stay a extended cannon. I trust more in Feige than Perlmutter to not retro-actively fuck it up sometime in the near future.

Also, the fact that they aren't acknowledged has put them at the place where they have to work their asses off to make the show actually worth watching, which they kind of have, so far.

No, you a gigantic movie.

>LeL xD REALISM bro!

>average marlel fan

Some lady, a black guy, a hobo, a wanted mass murderer and Daredevil!

He was on The Avengers though

And those 2-3 million are hardcore fans who will see the movies no matter what. Probably multiple times. No need to appeal to them.

Again, it's not 30 million. Marketing, half of the ticket costs go to theaters, also every person that watches AoS is not buying a ticket

>Superhero Movie
>Can't Have Superheroes defending stuff

Sure, but just like the Defenders might just be glimpsed in an action montage or group shot I don't see why the Secret Warriors/agents can't be seen working on the ground fighting aliens and shit. I don't think anyone is saying for the TV characters to have big roles at all.

Nobody is going to these movies to see the military, user. It's the Godzilla Principle.

>"come on bro, it's a superhero movie"
>justifies utter shit writing

Average Marvel fan in action.

They may be more likely to see it opening weekend if they are really excited about it.
I don't really see why inserting AoS characters as a cameo would be so crazy

>Implying you can't have the defenders fight alongside the military. Your acting like the only people in the fucking city to fight are 4 people

I think they missed their shot in AoU, especially with the Whedon brothers and Perlmutter tryign to push synergy on them.

If it didn't then, I can't see it working now, but I might be wrong.

is it a powers thing or connections thing..? cos qidow and hawkeye are already avengers

if inf war comes and they are like

ok call in the avengers go to space check it out

you would be surprised when hawkguy and widow are on the jet?

>They may be more likely to see it opening weekend if they are really excited about it.

If they already watch the worse thing to come out of the MCU then they'll watch anything at opening night.

Because it's unnecessary (do you need more reasons than that? OK), would involve writing up new contracts for actors signed to one division, including royalty payments, legitimizes a branch of the company that Fiege is not interested in bolstering because of animosity with Ike, and most importantly does NOT benefit the movies in any way that is substantial enough, and they also have to explain who these people are - even if it's only one line - wasting time that could have been spent on characters that matter to the MCU and future movies. If the MCU recognizes AoS it only benefits AoS. AoS is a parasitic organism in this scenario.

It wouldn't hurt to at least reference them and have them shooting stuff in the background though while keeping the focus on the heroes. Rather than pretending that everyone in the MCU is a sheep who needs to be saved by the might of Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Spider-Man, Captain America, Bucky, Punisher, and whatever other street levelers will be fighting the grunts.

I do it for free, user.

>"Your acting like the only people in the fucking city to fight are 4 people"
>implying that's not basically what happened in the last two Avengers movie asided from literally one shot each of some police firing their pistols wildly and hitting nothing

Do you even MCU?

Not to mention the issue of production schedules of movies vs TV. When the movie is in production, the TV department would be starting out the season, which means they'd have to have come up with exactly where their characters are going to be at the point the movies are out, in their TV show.

And since they come up with this shit week by week, that's not happening

Because AoS IS SHIT. Daredevil is a much better show, has better acting, better action, no budget cg. The producers and cast of Daredevil don't bitch and cry that they're canon and everything is connected!

youtube.com/watch?v=kCVrMSlfQg8

Inserting an AoS character would be like smearing a turd on your lucrative product.

Personally, I would like the series to be contained as heavily as possible. I'm pretty glad that Most Wanted wasn't picked up.

AOS ain't MCU.

Eh, I think you're exaggerating things a bit. It'd just be a fun thing to do for fans as the culmination of the MCU. Not every Easter egg/cameo has to have some huge impact on the movie. If you're going to have ground forces fighting an alien invasion why would it better to use a bunch of faceless extras than characters some people would recognize and appreciate? Also who knows if Ike the Kike will die between now and then.