Where do I even go from there?

Where do I even go from there?

Watch the rest of his movies.

seen them all, of course

Tarkovsky is quite special but if you liked the narrative than go with surrealism.
Jodorowsky is maybe too edgy, but Lynch has similar dreamlike non linear narratives so go through it if you haven't already.

If you liked the poetic quality than try Bergman, Mallick or even Jim Jarmusch.

The only other directors that come to mind are Bergman and Bresson.

>two times bergman mention

Meant Bela Tarr sorry

try these

I've seen every single director you suggested, in many cases even their entire filmographies. I also believe The Tree of Life is a rip off from The Mirror.

Seen some of these. Sorry but none of this challenges Tarkovsky.

you've seen Ruiz, Lopushansky and Rivette and think they're not good?

Try Sergei Parajanov and Eisenstein.

vitus pls

what.. no... this is me Sergei, your Russian kino expert.

Hey elusive Mark!

>Eisenstein
literal opposite of Tarkovsky tho

The net is vast and infinite.

Exit level on /lit/ means books that make you wanna kill yourself. Are these also books that will induce suicide, or are they considered the epitome of obscurity and patricianhood?

the second.
Do you have the /lit/ exit chart by any chance?

Did you make the chart?

Also pic related.

go where the wind blows

>Peeping Tom
Isn't that just a horror movie?

thanks, are you sure these should make you want to kill yourself? Street of crocodiles, Jakob von Gunten and Petersburg are not really depressing at all.

I did with suggestions from another user

I didn't make it and I do find some of it to be not that depressing.

However, I can totally see how someone could become suicidal by reading Stoner, Journey to the End of the Night, Atomised, or Melancholy Resistance.

The death of the Street of Crocodiles author is pretty depressing.

why is blow up on here?

Stoner and Atomized yes, JTTEOTN and TMOR weren't depressing to me desu I've read far worse

Very interesting story, do you know about the murals he painted?

It's more or less a joke option because it's not as obscure as the rest but the ending is spectacular

Blow-Up is super famous but it's somehow underappreciated. The ending and the Yardbirds concert scene + aftermath are the kinoest of kino.

Is it normal to hate godard? I've never been able to enjoy his films.

>Very interesting story, do you know about the murals he painted?
No I do not. I read Street of Crocodiles a while ago but don't remember anything about it, I should read it again. There is an animated movie based on it, apparently.

he basically was under the protection of a nazi officer somewhere in Poland when a rival nazi officer shot Schulz saying to the first nazi 'you shot my jew now I shot yours' (he apparently wanted revenge because Schulz's nazi shot the jew of the rival nazi).
He had painted some murals in the house of the nazi for his children but they've disappeared after the war, possibly in Israel since Schulz's friend who edited his work escaped to Israel, but nobody knows where they are and Poland still considers it a national treasure theft

yea the Brothers Quay short is really good, probably the best thing they did

which one of those should I watch next?

C&J is mandatory

I think he means of the pink ones.

oh, India Song then

D'est

Watch better film