American Gods

>Shadow Moon was born in Norway and raised by his mother in America.

Appropriate, given who he is.

>shadow moon

was it written by a 12 years old sonic fan?

Was the comics any good?

Apart from his silly name I am enjoying the series sofar

You need to look up some hippy names.

Book, not comic.

And yes.

the book is great, it's one of my fav. but I don't like the show

there's an ongoing comic series, too, and it's pretty great desu

I'm thoroughly enjoying the show, I have no idea how they plan to get 3 seasons out of it though.

season 2 will be Lakeside, and 3 will be the rest of the book, no idea if the sequel short story will be in it or not tho

>lakeside

that sounds to be a really boring season desu

Anubis as a black guy lmao
WE

At least he has a right voice.

it's created by the same man as Hannibal, so maybe. But hey, at least the characters are great.

Its on point.

>father is white
>son is black
makes you think..

Its revealed in the novella that its a nickname and his real name, the one on his birth certificate, is Baldur

If it's like the book it'll be comfykino.

>young hot sister
>only one who can pronounce her name right
Funny.

His mother was a hippie.

she was very attractive, big udders too.

sweden would make more sense

Wait, does that mean his father is not Mr.Wednesday but the original verison of Odin?

I found the Jinn and the salesman story touching

Are you by in fact a muslim closet gay?

It was pretty nice if you aren't autistic, the sex scene was maybe 30 seconds longer then it needed to be though.

>DUDE WE LMAO

Wipe the snot off your face, junior.

The story was touching but yes the sex scene was not interesting, then again none of them have been. I get that they show nudity because they can but sometimes it just feels for the sake of it.

I felt for both characters and found it touching as well, but the sex was too gratuitous and the whole cumming fire after turning into metal Mario was laughable.

This show rules

Exact same reason love goddess girl is annoying. The first time it served the purpose of being pretty horrifying, and then they just kept showing it because they could and wanted to fill some nudity quota.

doesn't he leave lakeside occasionally to meet people

if so it won't be too bad

>son of odin

>faggots
>niggers
>white dicks
>irish character

dropped

>not liking mad Sweeney

Come on lad.

Am I the only one that didn't like this book? It had some good world building but the plot itself felt completely undercooked. The 3 separate disconnected endings were annoying too.

I enjoyed it but I got really into the whole meandering road trip thing he was trying to pull off.

the book was pretty shit but it's easy pleb reading so it gets some praise online. it read like it was written for a TV adaptation, which i'm sure it always was.

everything by neil gaiman has that thing where you can just smell how much of a cunt the author is

yes, ideas great, story little messy

>Shadow Moon was born in Japan and converted into a cyborg by Golgom.

I always get the impression Gaiman thinks he's a better writer than he actually is.

It's pretty much like the show. A lot of flash with visions and things but very barebones. I got very excited reading it when the premise was laid out that it was gonna be a battle between the old gods and the new gods, but the new gods aren't developed or elaborated upon in how they differ from the old and it was all very surface-level. I did enjoy all the cultural quirks and little anecdotes in the book though I just wish the plot came together a bit better.

Very excited about them supposedly being recurring characters.

as an arab I was kind of annoyed, then the Djinn was gay, not happy

Anubis is a black jackal though. Instead you should be upset that they made one of your deities a raging faggot. You should really go and thank them or something. You know, do what it is you do, and remind them and thank them personally for all their efforts. You know what I mean when I say thank them, yeah?

I think I read way too much into this, I interpreted it as the salesman wished to be with the Jinn, and he got wishmaster'ed into actually being the Jinn's new body

It's the opposite, he got his wish granted.

I was really disappointed that the "American Gods" were just simplistic icons of consumerism - television, shopping, etc. Could have been interesting if it delved more deeply into those concepts, but it just comes off as high school freshman edginess. Plus if we're being logical, there should be some 15th century god out there that represents the printing press.

There probably was but had disappeared by now.

What would you have expected them to be instead, that wouldn't be high school edginess?

>as an arab I was kind of annoyed
ancient egyptians weren't arab either you fucking sandnigger

I like how burgers never miss the chance to show off just how retarded they are.

>Egyptians were white

Sup Forums hits new heights of stupidity

>Could have been interesting if it delved more deeply into those concepts, but it just comes off as high school freshman edginess
Pretty much. The premise sounds cool. "Whoa, dude what if the old gods were usurped by the new gods of technology", but then there's nothing more to it. Just have "Media" show up and say a few lines and act exactly the same as the old gods. The aesthetic with the kid in the limo with the weird mask thing also looks terrible and jarring when mixed in with the old gods.

I've heard grand plans of folding in the follow-up novellas into the plot, and working in elements of the sequel Gaiman's working on- probably with the hopes of eventually adapting that as well.
In an ideal world they'd do Anansi Boys but the BBC has the rights to that as far as I know.

I never said they were white, but they sure as hell weren't arab

I don't really understand what happend in the end. Did the Gin transfer himself into the body of the salesman? Did he just disappear? Why did he leave him his cab? Whose wallet was that?

They switched identities, you can see the jinn wearing the salesman's suit in episode 2.

They were exactly what a mentally challenged Sup Forumsbaby would call a 'sandnigger'.

i understood that reference

Oh fuck I had this toy

Are you guys really defending the gay sex scene? Never dropped a series faster than this before.

See you.

Cheers

Aw, poor Sup Forumsbaby got triggered.

I am Sup Forums but I'm 3 episodes in and I have yet to see anything triggering.

Regular network shows/hollywood dramas are usually more hamfisted and political than this shit.

African god tricking his people into killing themselves by sinking their own slaveship.

2 arab faggots having sex so what, happens everyday. At least they're not trannies or pushing a narrative.

i loved that scene just for the fact that it will trigger mudslimes

>Being so upset at the sight of gays that a 2 minute clip of a sex scene means you'll never watch a show again.

So far it looks like only one other group was really triggered instead.

This series is approaching the "meh" point real fast
The more I know about the plot the less of a fuck i give

>some shows are more subversive so this show isn't
your Sup Forums is weak

So Odin says he's never been out of the states. Does that mean that he's a different Odin from the one in Scandanavia, just like how there are apparently multiple Jesus's?

Clearly yes.

>I felt for both characters and found it touching as well, but the sex was too gratuitous and the whole cumming fire after turning into metal Mario was laughable.

What exactly happened in that scene?

Did the Muslim salesman become the Jinn, or did the Jinn take over the Muslim salesman's body?

I liked the full cast audiobook a lot but even then there's parts where you roll your eyes just listening to it. Sandman comics were unironically 100x better than American Gods if you never checked them out. Amazing illustration.

In the book they basically switch roles, the jinn becomes the salesman and the salesman becomes the taxi driver.

I couldn't believe it when I've read elsewhere that some people had trouble understanding what was going on. Guess people this thick actually do exist.

>Am I the only one that didn't like this book?

I thought it was pretty good but I have a felling that this tv series will be one of the very few instances where the tv show will be better then the book.

Then how does he have any power whatsoever? Who specifically worships American Odin?

TV Shadow reminds me too much of a big snarling cat to take him seriously.

Clearly he has very little power. It doesn't seem to be about worship, just belief.

>printing press god

Something like this is mentioned with railroad gods having died out so presumably these kinds of contemporary fad gods spring up and fade regularly

Don't be such a fucking fag.

I can't wait to see who they cast as Eostre.

I like the parts with Shadow and Swedgin but all the random god scenes really take me out of the story. It drags the whole thing down.

It's the other way around for me, I really enjoy seeing how they adapted all the gods and how they show their powers. The Shadow Odin stuff seems to drag on.

I like both :)

Eostre is described as being voluptuous and full of youthful energy (read: T H I C C) and they cast Kristin Chenoweth, the literal opposite of all those things?

was this animatronic?

isnt wednesday Votan, the mayan god?

Bait?

>A fucking Djinn
>Deity

user, Djinns are just another kind of people made of fire instead of earth, as there are faggots, whores, thieves and pieces of shit among humans, so there are among Djinns, they are not "deities", just regular people from another dimension.

I can't imagine living life being this easily triggered.

In this thread we find out that Sup Forums is more easily triggered than tumblr, who would have thought.

cgi

What the fuck were they then

Is he fucking hispanic? Other than his skin colour he doesnt' look black at all

>chernobog never stops smoking not even when he sleeps

not black

Why people don't like pacing in adaptation? It was awful in book. Atmosphere in TV version is much better than in book