Are chefs really this intense?

Are chefs really this intense?

Only towards Yankee dankie doodle fucks

Most are ex-felons, so yes.

Head chefs are, 100%

Fucking nutcases, glad I got out of that business

I worked on the pass and as a head waiter in some pretty high end restaurants in Edinburgh when i was at uni and its fucking intense. The calm luxurious fine dining experience customer side is met with pressure and stress in the back.

It is an amazing experience though. I'm a fucking beast at team leading and handling stressful situations now. Not to mention an actually halfway decent cook!

Yes. It's a tough job and most chefs are unable to regulate their emotions and have angry, paranoid or psychotic outbursts whenever there is pressure. It's not funny/banter shit like Ramsay does either, it's mostly just abuse. It's also made worse by drug or alcohol problems which are common among chefs.

t. never worked in a kitchen

Kek, this 100%

This. Chef's are top cunts

Hospitality jobs were easily the most stressful jobs I've ever had

>you bake your own bread?
>yes chef
>with flour from wheat you grew yourself?
>w-well no chef we buy the flour
>unbelievable

I'm just going to go out on a limb here - is it maybe possible that a show called "Kitchen Nightmares" isn't going to be representative of your average restaurant experience?

>British Chef goes over to America
>Realizes that America has no food
>Gets angry and shouts at them

It's true. There is a pandemic in the Hospitality industry in regards to drug and alcohol abuse. Many famous chefs have dealt with addiction and they recognize the issue.

The reason for the abuse is due to the long un-social hours, the fact that you're in a hot sweaty kitchen and when you get home at night you're not even tired due to all the adrenaline in your body. That's why Marijuana and Alcohol is a large issue in hospitality. Then they have to use Cocaine to stay on point during service and this leads to another addiction

>dankie doodle fucks
These are my favorite snack.

>and the ice, is it frozen?
>y-yes, chef
>fuck me

It's much worse and working in kitchen gave me the ultimate redpill:
In competitive jobs men are even worse than women at backstabbing, there is no bro culture between men and you're supposed to only look after yourself and no one else.

THE TWO SCOOPS OF ICE CREAM ARE FUCKING RAW!!!

Jej

Not really OP. One chef I worked for is my best bro and others I regularly call, they always pick up.

The whole screaming and yelling thing is a lie. It only happens when a chef is on uppers, but most of them just smoke weed.

>these eggs, where are they from?
>we source them from local organic farms, chef
>they're not your own?
>no sir, I cannot lay eggs
>for fucks sake

Former dish bitch and prep cook in the industry here.

To answer the obvious question: Sure, yes.

If you aren't cut out to work your way out, you WILL get burned out after a few months or so.

I've worked the dishwasher jobs where the kitchen manager (interchangeable as chef) require that I work all day (from afternoon to late night) or full day (morning to late afternoon) working as the fucking dishwasher, without a break. The only break is a quick 5 minute lunch and back to work.

It's a highly competitive work environment, and working one's way up requires kissing the chef/manager's ass while eating stress for breakfast, lunch and dinner without any break if they feel like it to test your mettle, even on a slightly slow day in terms of business volume.

Fuck the restaurant industry, man.

Chefs are some of the biggest egomaniacs on the planet. They're essentially people who had no real ambition after high school so they took some culinary classes at a community college or moved from being a dishwasher to cook. Yet they think they're the cleverest, most intelligent, practical, hard working people ever. Working 12-15 hour shifts is only hard because you never bothered to learn anything else and have no other recourse. If you don't like it, get a new skill. You put up with idiots because you work at a shitty "family" restaurant or bar and the other people who work there are big losers too. You get addicted to cigarettes and stimulants and drink heavily to deal with the demands of being a perpetual fuck up.

Some people, like Ramsay, get as far as they can from that shit if they get lucky. It's not like he's in the kitchen anymore other than when filming a TV show. He got the fuck out of that life because he had at least a little common sense.

Former dish bitch who was exploited by cynical egotistical chefs and kitchen supervisors (working as senior cooks who kiss chef's ass in hope of getting promoted) in the past here, true.

Even well-educated chefs are maniacs and the stress shows on their face as worn out. The restaurant industry is for tough guys and gals only.

Turnover rate within the industry (particularly casual and chain dining establishment) is insane.

Fuck sake, this whole page is me(from drugs to burnout,health down the drain etc).
I went into this school and that shit ruined my life.
I'm literally collecting myself from last 10 years of this shit.

Fuck, I needed this thread, this job is for people who hate themselves.
I relieved every scenario in every fucking post.
It will chew you out and spit you out, even if you are good, you will end up with no money(you will see a lot of it tho,but it won't stick)
and healthcare bills size of the house, huge:"fuck you, your life choices" and friends & family who think you are lazy because they can't really envision how it is in reality.

Its more"Kitchen on really nice ,peaceful and easygoing day."

You are one of them, so shut the fuck up.
I bet you ruined at least 2-3 people and you don't even know it, and if you read this thread you think :"well, fuck them and fuck you."

I've heard they can be and some people have had similar experiences here. I worked as a line cook when I was in college, and it was stressful, hard fucking work but there wasn't any of the yelling and screaming. Wasn't at a high end place, but a really popular local seafood restaurant. I can't remember how many seats, but it was quite a lot. The sort of place that tourists line up outside in the summer. I was usually the only white guy on the line, the rest were black dudes with gold teeth. Lots and lots of banter and teasing but no actual strife. Mostly we directed our anger towards the servers and managers.

>Working 12-15 hour shifts is only hard because you never bothered to learn anything else and have no other recourse
>working 12-15 hours a day, mostly 7 days a week is easy for intelligent, well educated people like me :^)
Working that much is hard, no fucking matter what you do, nevermind as stressful a job as a head chef.
You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Chefs are universally and invariably short-tempered drug addicts and/or alcoholics. They all have god complexes because they see themselves as masterful, artistic creators when in reality they're just sautéing some onions.

Also, they all want to be Anthony Bourdain and masturbate to No Reservations before they go to bed.

And some, Like Marco Knorr White, just burnout when they achieve the top, get disillusioned in the result, and just start doing shit for themselves.

Feels bad, but on the other hand, better to "sell out" than to become a neurotic cunt.

Their intensity and smugness is unwarranted, they are useless uneducated pricks. Anyone can do what they do, get a real job you cunts.

Commerical kitchens are filled with total degenerates. I know because I've worked in them. It's a miracle any food gets prepared at all. That's why managers are always screaming. It's like trying to herd cats.

>how many scoops did you put in there?
>2 sir
>2?! Not 5?
>that seems a little wasteful
>goddamit

>Anyone can do what they do
no. as someone who has worked in different kitchens for a couple of years with many different people i can assure you that there are enough people out there who are too stupid to even get the most simple tasks right

>Anyone can do what they do
That's what the americans in Hell's Kitchen think and you know the results.

Cooks are the world's biggest fucking losers.

>what are people unfit for employment

Yes, cocaine is a common drug in restaurant kitchens

You actually got to have lunch as a dishwasher? Fuck me I should sue

What a gay little post

I don't know, they could waste their time shitposting on a micronesian spearfishing mail correspondence, for starters.