Standalone film when?

standalone film when?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Raccoon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Taser

fuck off furryfag

Yiff in hell

He really stole the show in the lastest movie, can't wait to see him do raccoon things in Infinity War and Galaxy 3

Can't tell if sarcasm but he really was the best part of the movie.

You people are the lowest of the low.

hopefully it's r rated, if you know what I mean

The last frame zoomed in on just him, so soon

I hope you get AIDS at a furry convention

Who would watch a movie about this dirty molerat?

Women because he's cute and everyone else because he's an interesting character

Damn, Rocket was THICC before he became a cybernetic abomination.

>Rocket
>Origins

I would immediately go and watch a spinoff with Stallone in space as a space pirate.

face

Not sarcasm at all. I also love how real he looks

I died a little inside when the raccoon character started making fun of the bad guy's name
I just couldn't believe James Gunn wrote that down and thought it was funny

A Deadpool style type of space adventure would be pretty nifty desu

Always thought it was one of Marvel comic's running jokes that they only gave Rocket to the artists who can't draw raccoons.

t.Taserface

What's wrong with how he looks there?

He's talking about the comics, they like to forget about his muzzle and give him a football head

Well that was Scotty Young doing the Rocket solo title - he's got a very cartoonish style. In other books he's looked every small furry creature under the moon: teddy bear, hamster, chihuahua, mole, weasel, etc.

Like so

Speaking of the comics, why is he some kind of ranger in this one I've been reading? It seems like almost a completely different character compared to movie Rocket

>that outfit
Geez

>liking a character makes you a furry

That was the halfworld comic - barring some older b&w stuff it was his first major appearance.

If anyone's going to die in Guardians 3, it'll be him.

Did anybody on Sup Forums find his jokes funny? I felt like they were aimed at little kids.

>lol that guy is missing a body part

that's not exactly what I had in mind, desu

something more serious like Logan ? Sounds kinda lame for such a fun character desu

Even if he has his emotional moments

It was a good joke in the first movie because it was set up well, you actually were supposed to think he needed the leg, in the sequel it was just a callback without contributing all that much

you two are morons if you can't see that Yondu is the one who actually stole the show.

none of the core GOTG is going to die in the third movie, give me a break.

The only one we really have a chance of losing is Nebula, to hype up Thanos as a villain

Couldn't carry a film.

The old designs have their own sort of charm

I don't know why Michael Rooker isn't more famous. He's one of the best character actors out there

It's kind of funny actually, once you realize that killing off Yondu wasn't anything too major in the end. Can you remember the names of any of the characters killed in any of the other MCU movies? Probably not considering that the ones who died were irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and their deaths don't impact anything in any meaningful way. It kind of reminded me of when Nick Fury "died" in Winter Soldier. But I will say Yondu's death was well done at least.

I thought it was pretty major. Yondu is the most developed character to have died in the MCU. It seems like it should have just been a minor thing based on his small role in the comics and the fact that no one had ever heard of him before 2014, but really he was quite important to the plot of the movies and had a lot of characterization in them.

>It kind of reminded me of when Nick Fury "died" in Winter Soldier.
Nick Fury came back 30 minutes later into the movie. That felt really cheap.
Yondu is actually gone for good.

They were both really good, I loved the interactions between them

I chuckled at his winking and the comments about Yondu's teeth

hmm that's not really what I was thinking either...

what in god's name are you on about

I think they would be able to do a spinoff

Who is he kissing?

Probably just a concept, I don't think Rockets ever met anyone like him

Do they use mocap or something on him? His animations are so smooth

He doesn't come off as a mocap rig. Groot does obviously though.

I'm seriously considering sending a couple of my favorite wildlife drawing books to Marvel with the provision that they lend them out to people who will be drawing Rocket.

It'll never happen, but I'd like an R-rated Rocket movie where they turn a normal raccoon into Rocket and he escapes and kills all the researchers because of the torture they put him through.

the escape scene was the only good part of the movie

why is he so perfect?

The whole movie was great, shitbrains.

Because he's emotionally crippled and tries to hide it behind a tough facade. It's easy to empathize with the little guy. Plus, he's cute.

>James Gunn makes 2 great space action comedy films where two of the main characters are a fucking raccoon and a tree
>yet an entire studio can't make a single competent Superman film
What a time to be alive

>He really stole the show in the lastest movie
He's weak and untrustworthy.

IS NOT FAIR!

He's also capable of holding his own in a fight and an invaluable tech resource. He's an asshole but he's THEIR asshole.

If anything could be an origin story and how he met groot.

I want a Rocket film to tie-in to Stallone's league of space pirates and maybe it could be like a heist film or some shit.

Emotionally weak, yes. He's also extremely loyal to the team and will make hard decisions to protect them. That's not a bad deal, especially if he manages to get over his trauma and grow emotionally.

Beta Ray Bill x Rocket Racoon buddy hero movie where they have to team up to save Groot/the Korbians from an insane species collector.

>joking about Beta Ray Bill but Marvel will prob make it and it will gross 1 billion dollars, spawn 3 films and get 90 percent on all aggregate scoring sites across the board
>and we will still not get a good Superman film

Based on what I know from concept artists, either expect a rocket & groot movie in 2021 or 2022, or they'll be featured in a movie outside of avengers/gotg

Because Superman has never been a good character

Stop trying to push company wars into this thread.

I wouldn't call him weak except emotionally. And I wouldn't say he's untrustworthy either, maybe a t first but I think he's more loyal now

Rocket is capable enough physically and has irreplaceable tech skills. His weakness is emotionally vulnerability due to his awful background. As a result he acts out and is generally assholish but is just too useful to do without. Once he matures a bit he'll be an all around great guy to have on the team.

Just stating facts, not trying to start a war.

man of steel is better than 90% of marvel movies

That's Lylla, his waifu from Halfworld,

honestly rocket is the best thing to come out of gotg, i wish him and quill had more banter.

>man of steel is better than 90 percent of Marvel movies
KEK sure thing, retard. Thanks for the laugh.

Rocket clearly looks up to Quill, tries to mimic his behavior and loves his music. It's just that they were separated for half the movie.

Sounds cute

I'm surprised they bicker eo much considering they are both (technically) from Earth. They seemed to get along better in the first one

I'm not joking. Beta Ray Bill is a great hero if Marvel plays his straight. He's the perfect straight man for all the quippers marvel wants to push. He's a less assholish Thor, a bigger hero than Capt. strong enough to hold his own in Cosmic and just and easy to make jokes about but he won't be a dick about it

>Rocket clearly looks up to Quill
Yeah, you could see this at the end of the film and it was really sweet.

Rocket is not from earth I am pretty sure.

>It's a Sup Forums identifies with the obvious outcast character that lashes out irrationally at everyone and is a huge asshole but gets away with it because he's clever

It's like you don't even understand that you identify with reddit the character.

Yondu correctly pointed out that Rocket was trying to push his friends away because his horrific upbringing makes him afraid to let anyone get close to him. Under that tough exterior is an emotional cripple who was never held or loved he's still trying to figure out how to deal with emotions other than rage and hate.

He gained sapience on Halfworld but him or his mother were probably picked up from Earth

Ebin

>TEEHEEE IT REBBIT THIS REBBIT YOU REBBIT THEY REBBIT REBBIT REBBIT

>Rocket Raccoon acts as the "Guardian of the Keystone Quadrant", an area of outer space sealed off from the rest of the cosmos by the so-called Galacian Wall. Rocket is captain of the starship Rack 'n' Ruin, and he and his first mate Wal Rus (a talking walrus) come from the planet Halfworld in the Keystone Quadrant, an abandoned colony for the mentally ill where the animal companions were genetically manipulated to grant them human level intelligence and bipedal body construction for many to become caretakers of the inmates. Rocket was Halfworld's chief law officer ("ranger") who protected the colony against various threats.
Not an earth raccoon, or I am being retarded about it.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Raccoon

cringe raccoon

>Rocket Raccoon possesses the normal attributes of an Earth raccoon, including speed (which has been additionally amplified by his training), and an acute sense of smell, sight, hearing and touch.

He probably has never even been around Earth (he doesn't even know what a raccoon is) but it's plausible that his ancestry points to earth somewhere down the line

But there are (oddly) plenty of planets and multiverses where there are "earth" animals naturally evolving on other planets.

His origin has been tinkered with several times. Part of the Halfworld stuff in the comic are implied to be implanted false memories and sometimes he doesn't know about Halfworld at all. Even in his mini it was never directly stated the loonies were from Earth but given the collection of Earth species on Halfworld it seems likely.

you know what website you should go back to, newfag.

"I know everything about you. I know you play like you're the meanest in the heart but actually you're the most scared of all."
"Shut-up!"
"I know you steal batteries you don't need and you push away anyone who's wiling to put up with you because just a little bit of love reminds you of how big and empty that hole inside you actually is."
"I said shut-up!"
"I know them scientist what made you never gave a rats ass about you."
"I'm serious dude!"
"Just like my own damn parents who sold me, their own little baby to slavery. I know who you are boy, because you're me."

Is it REEEEEBBBBIIITTTTT, shill?

convergent evolution totally isnt a thing so you are probably 100% correct

Yeah these two really did it for me

Will we ever know?

What's his name again?

Subject 89P13.

Missile Procyon