The grungy re-imagining of the medieval tale was initially earmarked as the beginning of another one of those...

>The grungy re-imagining of the medieval tale was initially earmarked as the beginning of another one of those crushingly inevitable "shared universe" franchises, with multiple spin-offs introducing other major characters like Lancelot and Merlin, who would then eventually come together for their own Avengers-style Camelot movie. Warner Bros had also spent over a decade attempting to bring a new iteration of the story to the big screen.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4532826/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is Warner Bros so incompetent?

lmao

How many indignities can one man face?
>Married Madonna 10 years passed her prime
>Made a terrible vanity project for her that totally fucked up his upward mobility
>High-profile divorce which likely cost him millions of dollars
>Has to make one-note B movies for the better part of the 2000s to compensate
Somehow got lucky with RDJ fever thanks to Sherlock Holmes, would have flopped without him
>Now this

How can you make a "shared universe" franchize about characters who have always shared the same fucking story to begin with?

Yeah a solo Lancelot movie is what people are just begging for.

>King Arthur movie == Avengers
>Solo films for each of his knights
>medieval british version of the MCU

The wait is finally over...

GALAHAD

Summer 2019

Get hype.

You lack any creativity and just steal words and ideas from successful movies

>multiple spin-offs introducing other major characters like Lancelot and Merlin, who would then eventually come together for their own Avengers-style Camelot movie.
That's so fucking hilarious for some reason, oh my god.

costume design looks shit

nu-blockbusters NEVER get this right for medieval type stuff

his outfit is far too clean and professional, just looks out of place

You could add Robin Hood and Harry Potter prequel characters.

Hopefully Hollywood will learn you just can't be successful with this many white actors. Perhaps the next incarnation can have a white King Arthur and a white Guinevere while the 12 Knights of Color run train on her just like the legends told it.

I'm sure the people making Robin Hood Origins are feeling really confident right now.

imdb.com/title/tt4532826/

everything about this movie just looks so bland and cliche. The question should be why would anyone be interested in seeing this?
The only selling point is literally the title. and if you've seen an episode of Sons of anarchy you know that Charlie Hunmann has the emotional range of a hamster.

>jamie foxx
>little jon
lolwut

I-It's fine everything's fine nothing to see here

Buzz words on top of buzz words

WE HAVE TO TELL JAY

>white King Arthur

That's where you messed up.

disney are probably having second thoughts about him directing their live action Aladdin movie.

the writer is also doing the Flash. jesus christ.

What is more JUST- tier: Sony pictures, or WB?

>married Madonna
>LOST money when divorcing her
how?

>robin hood origins
not, beginning, or genesys or chronicles

>their live action Aladdin movie.
what

silly user, no matter how rich the woman is it's always the guy who pays up

instead of making this movie they should have bought me a mansion

Why do people think the "gritty realistic" version of some older thing people liked will be good? I'm fairly certain we've had two other grungy re-imaginings of king Arthur relatively recently and they sucked.

Sony, but WB is getting there.
yyyeah, Disney are making a live action Aladdin movie, you know, just like Beauty and the Beast. and it's also going to be a musical. and there's reports that Will Smith wants to play Genie.

WB has been around since forever so hits and misses are expected. Sony thinks they can throw money at the problem to fix it

150m is nothing to WB.
that being said, they fucking suck, they don't get that nobody really likes these shared universes or remakes of old fairytales? nobody liked hansel and gretel, snowwhite sword fighter edition, live action cinderella... GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND REALIZE WE DONT WANT THAT CRAP

we

Robin Williams will never ever be replaced as the genie

Sony has a billion dollar movie this year

WB won't have a next year at all

I thought this was a joke post because before I opened the image to look closer I thought it was a picture from set or something with him either standing around in his normal clothes or photoshopped in for some reason. That's how out of place he looks.

it should be baned to make adaptations when the last one is not even a decade old

maybe the grungy, dirtty, pesimistic portrayal of fictions should take a break.
look at how some asians countries portray their ancien history, they recreate aesthetic ideals, in architecture, in beauty etc.
i guest thats impossible since (((they))) are enamored with decadence, ruin and general promiscuity

>nobody really likes these shared universes
wrong

Feige must be laughing his ass off.

>WB is now as shitty as Sony Pictures

What the fuck happened to WB? They were great in the 00s and now they can't do anything right. Who the fuck approved $175 million for a fucking King Arthur movie?
Prediction: Wonder Woman and Dunkirk will under perform.

>not having Lil Jon playing Lil Jon

Too bad the MCU has the opposite problem that the dude grunge lmao crowd has -- they're equally as bland and samey, but instead of DARKNESS it's lol so randumb humor and dude retro lmao

wow what a bold fucking prediction. EVERY movie they have will "under preform" and most will fucking bomb hard

I mean LOOK AT THIS SHIT WB WISHES it were Sony right now

disney is disney. They could make a comedy with hitler as protagonist and it would still make 200 million. The new star wars are shit and nobody really likes them except for dumb cosplayer girls and kids who don't know better. And autists that really wanted to enjoy a revival of star wars.
Avengers? i like disney/marvel shit in general, but im not invested either. They could stop after infinity war and i wouldn't care

we are burned out on medieval shit that never happened.
give us new.

No delete this, Dunkirk, Blade Runner, and It will save the studio!

yeah he will, by wil smith. wtf did you not read the words you replied too?

Twitter was a mistake.

wrong about that one mate
made some pretty good films too, not sure why he thought directing this one would be a good idea

i think its because out of anything possible choosing the arthur setting for your avengers style franchise seems kinda wacky

1) R-rated movies don't make money
2) No one wants to see ANOTHER WW2 movie and Nolan lost any goodwill he had after those last 3 piles of shit
and 3)Blade Runner cost over $200 million

WB dies this year

ayyyyyy

and he's made two good films. the first two in his career. Revolver and Rock N Rolla are mediocre.

>implying Arthurian legends aren't already expanded universe with all Gawain, Percival or Galahad solo stories

If a Robin Hood movie starring Russel Crowe bombed this has zero fucking chance

>WB dies this year
as in get "rescued" by chinese investor, not like i'm complaining

also he got circumsized because of Madonna then she divorced his ass

>that tailored outfit; haircut and shaved beard

as in gets shut down and has all it's IPs sold to studios that can actually make fucking movies like Disney or Universal

Inb4 The Green Knight scares Guinevere to death.

I would like a serious Holy Grail movie.

British folklore just isn't interesting.

>nobody really likes remakes of old fairytales
box offices of Beaty and the Beast says something different

WE

King Arthur has to be white so he can be cucked by black Lancelot

The Chinese owning Kubrick's legacy irks me, but seeing WB die an ignominious death makes it worth the potential danger.

it is but the last one is too recent and it's been done a lot

what about a king arthur fully in gaelic?
someone call based Mel

Also this one just looked fucking retarded. I'm sorry it just did.

If anything Arthur is the narrative centre of gravity that pulled all these other characters and tales together into his orbit as a shared mythos.

Nice, even those trash Snow White movies looked better then this.

>shared universe
>king arthur
> come together for their own Avengers-style Camelot movie

What a fucking embarrassment. Who runs these studios.

Why don't they learn? John Carter was at least not a remake. But it was still based on a century old IP. No bells ringing after that one?

Ben Hur, Robin Hood, King Arthur. I get it, they're old so they're cheap. Same reason you greenlit 20 fairytale movies until that fad died. But Jesus fucking Christ the amount of original stuff just dying in development, compared to this stuff you think is "safe". It isn't. It's consistently failing. If you want to burn money, at least do it on something new.

>EVERY movie they have will "under preform" and most will fucking bomb hard

Kong: Skull Island
166 million to make. x2 for marketing: 332
564 million box office. 1.6 return.

I guess if you just say it didn't meet whatever imaginary 2 billion goal the producers claimed it could do it underperformed.

But it didn't really. That's respectable for a pretty cheap movie. For comparison Avengers: Age of Ultron cost 459 mil, x2=918 million. It took in 1,4 billion but with the budget and marketing that's still just a 1.5x return.

It's this math that is the reason no-budget horror movies that cost a couple of million to make can be amazing investments. Because with minimal budget, if they build enough hype, they can get astronomical returns.

I want to slap the cunt who wanted a cinematic universe for fucking Arthur.

That movie was doomed to be a huge failure.
I know that because I didn't even know it was being made when the trailer came out.

>Ritchie has lost it

It's cool though.
I don't want a sequel to Rocknrolla after all.

who hyped for the motherfucking Scooby Doo Cinematic Universe?

really makes me think

It wasn't Medieval in the first place, nigger.
King Arthur is fantasy kino.
It's like complaining why in Afro Samurai there's mp3 players, rockets, night vison googles.
You want Dark Age kino you go see Excalibur '81.
Stupid fucking cunt. Go back to redit, you piece of shit.

>not wanting to see based Jude Law as an evil wizard king

don't understand how this movie flopped desu

Harrison Ford dies in Indiana Jones 5 and gives the torch to the next generation. Also there's new Lara Croft cameo in it. Also negotiations for an Uncharted film that'll tie in, as well. They're going for a cinematic universe. Screencap this.

Excalibur is much more fantasy looking than this one, this has the grimdark GoT aesthetic that doesn't know whether to be realistic or not and ends up looking like shit

50mil man that's a pretty good deal.

They only greenlight stuff that "should" work, no matter how bizarre and retarded
Remake an old film. It made money then so it should make money now!
Pulling an IP from the depths of obscurity/weebshit. I mean GitS made money, so why can't it make money here?
And of course
Cinematic universe. After the guaranteed success, we can make EVEN MORE MONEY
And of course it fails, because that's not how shit works. But since it "should" have worked, nobody loses their jobs. The only people who take no risks are the suits, burning through company money to throw darts at a board.

Arthurian legend is a medieval version of the same thing. There were lots of separate stories of different knights, that were brought together into one work by writers like Malory.

Huh? Jews have controlled Hollywood since the beginning, and the whole grim aesthetic is relatively new. It's not like old Hollywood movies weren't made by Jews.

Back when armor resembled real armor instead of brown leather jackets with belts all over the place.

If the utterly childish Iron Man is near the pinnacle of the superhero genre then truly, the genre is nothing more than a mistake and a cash grab.

>mistaking Dark Ages with fantasy
seriously you have to be actually at least 18 to post here

Young Jeremy Corbyn at the back there.

>full plate armor
>Dark Ages
Fuck off retard

King Arthur: Legend of the JUST

>marketing equal to budget

this is true
however, that man is tapped into the cultural zeitgeist more than almost any other person. as a business man he is an absolute genius

Dark Ages aren't a thing

>tfw you know about the complete clusterfuck that was this film's production with the insane rewrites at the last moment, entire characters written out because of incompetence, huge amounts of money wasted left and right. If it ever comes out it will be hilarious. Never been involved in a film ever like this before.

This. The problem isn't the idea of having a shared universe centered around Arthurian legends - that's actually fitting to the source material. The problem is that modern Hollywood does not know how to actually make good blockbusters, they only know how to make soulless cardboard cliche-fests.

I can still respect someone who knows what he's doing instead of subscribing to the voodoo logic of other execs

True

learn to greentext reddit

>If you want to burn money, at least do it on something new.
If you burn money on something everyone else is doing, then maybe you can pass the buck. Obviously movie-goers don't know what they want, or the trend is dying, or shit like that. But if you try something's new, all the blame is going your way, and you're fucked.