Have people started saying that CACW is a tense political thriller yet?

Ooooh, getting pre-mad. Nice. Any other future strawmen you're worried about that you'd like to get premad about?

... So that's a yes?

I don't think it will happen. People here are still too busy laughing at BvS and DCucks

Obviously it's superhero movie first, but are you denying that the plot was political? It was about a government agency conspiracy, it was a rad superhero political thriller.

Civil War continues this to a lesser extent with the Accords.

If I'm missing something tell me.

Please it's a tense psychological thriller not a political one

Naked Gun had a brainwashed Reggie Jackson triggered by words attempting to assassinate the queen just like Bucky. That's a political thriller too, right?

>political thriller.
Actually watch a movie like that before sucking Feige's cock.

No but it's still a grade-A conspiracy thriller and a decent psychological thriller.

>user asks if anyone has called Civil War a political thriller
>this causes people to call it a political thriller
A self fulfilling prophecy. Truly the premad is magical.

A political thriller is when the plot drives the characters.

The main characters are constantly behind the story until they suddenly catchup, the Zola exposition theme. Then the movie changes to a 3rd act superhero movie.

Yes that's a 1970's style political thriller you uneducated underage faggot.
Have you never seen a bond film? The fucker went to space in one of them and fought soviets with a laser watch.

>Calls someone an underage faggot.
>Calls Bond films a 70s political thriller.
Bond is a fantasy spy film, not a political thriller.

He was being sarcastic.

I've seen most of Mr Redford's movies including the thriller stuff like Condor, President's Men and Havana. He's actually the reason I went out to see Winter Soldier in cinemas and I bought into the tone of the film and his role in it without sucking any exec's cock (it's very obvious what the movie was going for). Calm your tits.

People genuinely calling Winter Soldier a political thriller and comparing it to shit like Three Days of the Condor is a fucking embarrassment and a prime example of the shit state of affairs we are in pop culturally.

for starters Thriller is a broad term and it boils down to heightened feelings of suspense, excitement, surprise, anticipation, anxiety and so on.
Political thriller is a thriller with a backdrop of a political power struggle. Red vs blue, Us vs them and the like.
They usually involve various plots designed to give political or globalized power to someone, while the opponents try to stop them.
The 1970s the theme in most political thrillers was betrayal and inside moles trying to take over the US government for power of either a named country or an affiliation that could be seen as silly as GIJoe's Cobra faction. Cold War style tactics were used as well.
Winter Solider fits the bill. Civil War not as well, Zemo was not driven by name of country or to gain power, he was out for vengeance. It's an action thriller with parts of a conspiracy thriller but at the end that changes because Zemo has no group. He is a solitary man out to destroy those that took his family.

no one does. it was what the brothers said inspired them to make Winter Solider film the way they did and shitposter ran with it. The use of the shitposting spike when BvS screwed the pooch.

Is it possible that Jungle Book will top BvS? That would be sublime.

if it keeps at least 65% of it's ticket sales into next week then it is a yes. If it keeps 35% for two/three weeks it's a yes

Realistically when the year is over BvS will be lucky to be in the top 5.

It goes way beyond one shitposter, pretty much every review referenced Condor and it's the main reason why people laud it as their favorite Marvel movie.

Oh look. More mewling fags who have to gnash their teeth at people enjoying shit.

Honestly some of you folks need to just get a life with real problems so meaningless shit like folks calling tws a political thriller doesn't make your pussy bleed so bad.

>that jump between KFP3 and london has fallen
Damn, that a massive difference

It's speculative military science fiction, just like Stargate

But neither of those things are Starship Troopers, user.

I've seen people call it a political thriller. I've never seen anybody call it a 70s political thriller and I think you're making that shit up.

It's weird to see the laugh when he isn't grabbing at his pecs.

>speculative
Isn't that literally any movie set in the future?

Uhhm, yes

Really, you could say Civil War is a Revenge movie just shot from the perspective of the people getting revenged on.

>but are you denying that the plot was political?

The whole point of the end is that is not the government who are the bad guys but NAZIS.

Speculative fiction is a super-genre that encompasses science fiction, horror and low fantasy.
So yes and more besides.

>you could say Civil War is a Revenge movie
You can't. BvS may slightly fit the Revnge genre, but Civil War doesnt. If the movie were focused in Black Panther? sure. but sadly they cut his character to give more space to spiderman. The whole movie could had been better if BP was the protagonist and steve's part were heavily cut

>A self fulfilling prophecy. Truly the premad is magical.
This. Anons will probably start calling it like that now, just to rustle some jimmies

Well, they called it many thing psychological thriller, though challenging etc. which is funny because it's actually nothing but pure superheroes movie, this one.

The reason why WS fails as a political thriller is that it's politics are completely infantile.

Turns out the US intelligence community is bad because it was infiltrated by Nazis! Now let's see a happy montage of the "good" SHIELD people getting jobs in CIA and Stark Industries (really, the movie equates Stark with CIA).

>that choppy mess
>3.86 MB
Jesus Christ. I want the past to leave.