War for the Planet of the Apes

youtube.com/watch?v=QRf263nVNCM

This is the only movie I'm hyped to see this year. This might be the first Kino Trilogy since LotR. Awful song in the trailer and I felt the end of the trailer gave a bit away in terms of the set pieces.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cevvd6hxnG0
youtube.com/watch?v=dLF9wJrBX1g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Same here. Hopefully it's as good if not better than Dawn.

Looks great overall, CG is incredible though
Not sure about the music choice myself, kind of felt off tone but whatever

>Awful song in the trailer and I felt the end of the trailer gave a bit away in terms of the set pieces.
I guess I'm not watching it. Started the trailer yesterday, but that was a teaser for the teaser trailer

>and I felt the end of the trailer gave a bit away in terms of the set pieces
Thanks for the warning, won't watch it now.

>This might be the first Kino Trilogy since LotR
I remember feeling that watching the second one, they're good though obviously not as good as the LotR but still pretty good.

This trilogy has no right to be as good as it is. Isn't the director directing the stand-alone batman flick? Might actually surpass nolan

Is this the best currently running film franchise?

Honestly I was surprised how good the first one was.

>the end of the trailer gave a bit away in terms of the set pieces.

wtf are you even talking about?

Certainly the best in the Hollywood mainstream,

Wow it looks just like the last movie how interesting, nice to see humans still have modern weaponry and bullets left, too bad writers can't use their imagination and do something interesting like say show that humans have degraded to a more primitive society at this point so that the war between them and the apes would seem more equal and visceral with maybe even a pseudo-medieval motif going on.

I am very hype.

Teaser trailer with Heston narrating was pretty dope too desu:

youtube.com/watch?v=cevvd6hxnG0

b-but we're enlightened human beans, that would never happen, history is in the past we are all smartser than ever all before in human history

MUTANTS

Huge avalanche scene

That's what I mean by a set piece. Its possibly the climax and I would have preferred not to have seen it.

MonKino

The first one is a bit dated in terms of CGI compared to the second and now this one but its still surprisingly good. Its very self contained and definitely a good starting point for what the series eventually brought with the second one.

The second one was still self contained in Washington but this one seems to be of more significance since it seems that at one point Caesar will say "fuck it" to coexisting and start to fight back and finish it.

Finally a reason to go back to the theater.

The CG always looks great in these movies but how do they manage to get Maurice to look this realistic?

I dont understand what magic Weta are casting that means they can nail orangutans with almost 100% realism but not chimps (even though they look great)

Humans wouldn't regress back to medieval times in a span of 10 years you retard

It's the lack of hair on the face.

Is this halo wars 2?

The orangutan has less facial similarity compared to humans and that's why he seems more realistic than the chimpanzees.

I'm surprised they haven't used all the fuel up already. I assume that with moat humans dead, everything is lasting longer?

>unwanted reboot of a 50 year old franchise that wasn't even that good to begin with
>ends up being one of the most kino blockbuster series of the modern era

what the FUCK went so right?

Good directing and writing. Dawn could've gone so long in making the apes too sympathetic, the humans too monstrous, etc. But making Koba start the war was fucking great. THAT SAID, Dawn suffers from a huge fault that would elevate the film to 9/10 classic, and that is having Koba kill Rocket's son in that mall. It gives the audience a reason to dislike him for killing an innocent, but good god the movie would be 100x more morally ambiguous if that hadn't happened.

trilogy? there were already 2 of these retarded movies?

lmao

gone so wrong* fuck me.

KANGS

w-what's gonna happen to her?

Got the big message from the '68 film senpai. that's all I need.

APES. TOGETHER. STRONG.

He is the key to all of this.

So many race traitors on the apes side.

Why do all the apes on the human side have Donkey on their back? I thought Donkey was the name of just one of them.

Why the hell are apes fighting for humans when humans have all this anti-ape shit on their helmets?

You're right but the film needed a villain. It was either Koba going to the extreme or the humans. If it was the humans, it would have made Koba's actions justified. If it was Koba, it helps in giving a contrast to Caesar and make us root for him.

There needed to be an extreme. Could they have found another way to show how extremist Koba was, sure but maybe they didn't found one.

>le monke

>humans are unironically supposed to be the bad guys
literally what

WE ARE THE BEGINNING
AND THE END

>Why do all the apes on the human side have Donkey on their back? I thought Donkey was the name of just one of them.
Probably other apes who followed Donkey's lead

>Why the hell are apes fighting for humans when humans have all this anti-ape shit on their helmets?
want to end the fighing maybe

> me irl

The first incel ape.

I agree. I watched the first two again after this trailer came out and they are legit kino. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was such a great movie.

My only problem is I can never remember if Rise or Dawn is first.

I though I do remember reading they were going to introduce mutants somehow.

>Why the hell are apes fighting for humans when humans have all this anti-ape shit on their helmets?

There were 1,400,000 soviets fighting in wehrmacht and SS. The unit that defended Hitler's bunker during battle of Berlin was comprised out of frenchmen. The troops that put down Indian mutiny against british empire were hindus.

you get the point

>kino
it's a flick you fucking pleb. A good one, but a flick nonetheless

>YFW AT THE VERY VERY END, WHEN CAESAR IS ABOUT TO DIE OR WHATEVER THE FUCK. THE SURVIVED AND REFORMED KOBA SAVES THE FUCKING DAY.

It's a real orangutan, they just say it's CGI so they can win awards for it.

It's the eyes. The orangutan has small beady eyes that are harder to make out. The Chimps have big human looking eyes. Also, facial expressions look human.

The defectors are betting on the humans to win, they don't want them to. They are choosing to be re-enslaved over death.

No, Koba not ape. Koba belong in cage.

Hopefully the poster prominently showing that helmet graffiti isn't representative of the 3rd film setting the humans up as villains, the moral ambiguity between the two sides and the theme of the inevitability of conflict isn't something I'd like to see them jettison.

Sup Forums LIKES FLICKS MORE THAN KINO

>extends hand to caesar
>"APES.TOGETHA STRONG"

my dick.

God, I can't wait to see this movie. I hadn't seen this image before. Who is the chimp in the vest? Who is the little girl? Why are the apes fighting on the human side? In my opinion this is great screenwriting in the sense that it has mysteries inherent to it's plot and I can't wait to figure them out during the movie.

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*CRASH*

That's all it takes for a gang of apes to break down your door and enter your home with the intent to kidnap your daughter.

Why don't you own a gun?

>The orangutan has small beady eyes that are harder to make out.

Like a filthy brit then?

I'm sorry, I cannot get behind this moment my dude. The return of Koba would forbode dark days ahead for the apes. Especially if he returned at the end. Fuck Koba, he got exactly what he deserved. Koba not ape.

Looks cringey as fuck

Y..you're right.

your mother.

>unwanted reboot of a 50 year old franchise that wasn't even that good to begin with
Ape films are pretty fucking kino, not all of them though.

never understood how anyone could like these movies. They are literal fucking trash and so fucking boring to sit through.

How you retards have this in your fucking top 10 is beyond me.

Cunnykino and actual kino, it will be great :3

APED

nice arguments

These movies are better than they have any right to be. I feel uncomfortable watching them

Entire last movie was

"UUUGGG UGG I HAVE PET APE NOW HE SMART HURRDURR WE HAVE SOCIETY IN FOREST!!!"

Literal fucking shit. You guys all have pleb tastes. It's as fucking dull and non-happening as manchester by the sea.

She's pure. PURE!

Say it with me, Sup Forums:

WE

Well that and chances are that they know when to use it and when not to use it.
>too bad writers can't use their imagination and do something interesting like say show that humans have degraded to a more primitive society at this point so that the war between them and the apes would seem more equal
Then go watch Conquest of the Planet of the Apes

As I have said, nice arguemnts. Seriously, are you ike 16?

the only good one is the original, the rest are straight up fucking trash

I'm bored of the sinister talking apes theme

So Caesar blows up an oil tank and destroys the human base with an avalanche. Nice trailer.

what a gay movie idea lol

wrong

other trailers were better. Still looks great. Only movie I'm looking forward to

yes

this pic makes me proud of humanity

nothing, r-right?

>mfw Apes beats Spidey at the boxoffice

also, great nose on her

No, Woody will protect her

kys

I always want the humans to win, because the apes are fucking fags. They exploit a virus that kills us all to try and establish superiority - then get uppity when we tell them to fuck off? WTF?!

I don't want to sound like a cunnyposter (they can die) but:
7/10 nose
10/10 eyes
10/10 hair
9/10 smile
9/10 eyebrows
9/10 jaw
8/10 ears
8/10 neck

I want her as my daughter

They didn't know that the virus would kill humans, and you have to remember who created the virus and experiment on apes.

Welcome to being a patrician, user :3

Pedo lol

I know, but they exploited it to gain the upper hand. If Caesar wasn't a retard he would have understood why the humans were fearful and explained that he didn't want to replace them or subjugate them. Instead he hides in his mountain palace with his faggot monkey friends and acts like he's hard done to.

fuck off

Damn, I regret that post, I've probably drawn you out of hiding.

Kys or at least go back to eating tendies and cheese pizza

is there a metaphor here?

>the amount of shilling in this thread

>projecting
Why do you always do this? So predictable

>If Caesar wasn't a retard he would have understood why the humans were fearful and explained that he didn't want to replace them or subjugate them
He did

youtube.com/watch?v=dLF9wJrBX1g

LITERALLY MONKEYNO

it's ok you can come out of the cunny closet

>enters human stronghold with entire army
>rides up to leader on horseback
>doesn't dismount
>screams APES DONT WANT WAR
>aggressively walks off whilst his army bellows in the background

wow a real ghandi :)

>people genuinely excited for something you don't like
>le shill xDD