As an American, I’m very familiar with the British wearing red coats during the 1700s. That being said...

As an American, I’m very familiar with the British wearing red coats during the 1700s. That being said, what colors did the other nations wear?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fraustadt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obviously the Canadians wore some funny hats so they didn't become USA.

During the same time period?
In the early 18 century Peter the Great was just finishing the reconstruction of the army, so we had both old Strelci regiments, who wore long beards and big red coats made of fur, and modern europe-type fusilier regiments of green, white and red colours, which became traditional colours for most of the army units until late 19 century.
Exceptions were the cavalry, where almost every unit had its own uniform, the light infantry, who wore green and black uniform, and the navy, of which I don't remember anything.

I was going to post the same pic, but isn't that 1813?

We wore white with some royal blue and yellow there and there
Make fun of us all you want but white is fucking cool

Yes, uniforms in the war against Napoleon.
Pic related is a timeline of infantrymen

This is Line infantry

Brits didn't wear *just* red, it depended on the regiment. There was quite a bit of friendly fire during the revolution as a result because the Continental Regulars were all over the place, Militia units even worse, and British and their mercenaries pretty all over as well

Elite infantry
I love these pictures

you should be familiar with the Hessian mercenaries the British used as well, then.

Germany was not yet a nation but a collection of small principalities that all had their own colours. Also, the uniforms differed from regiment to regiment, as they were usually sponsored by a nobleman who outfitted them as he saw fit.

Prussia traditionally wore blue (Prussian blue).

Do they all start in early 18th century because that's when Frederick William I reformed the army?

I like the hats looked like they were calming down in 1797, then went full retard again.

>anglicizing a monarch's name

pleb tier
patrician tier is mumbling out a mispronounced and complicated title

Google Osprey books.
There should be some on /hwg/ on /tg/, and maybe /his/ has something.

Yeah, before that it wasn't worth to be called "army"
Pic related is artillery

The Free-Corps "von Lützow" traditionally wore Black-Red-Gold, and recruited from National-Liberally minded people. The current flag of the German nation is based on these colours.

Roger's Rangers

Badass Motherfuckers
...I-I mean Hussars

Rode to certain death and pain;_;

Did the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth have a standardized professional army in the 18th century like Russia, Sweden or Prussia?

Also, here is Uhlans/Ulonai, Polish cavalry from Napoleonic wars.

We need a metal band that would romanticize and glorify the hell out of our history just like Sabaton did with Sweden's.

Sabaton is really gay

No, it's pretty cool and "masculine" in the generally accepted sense, even if their music does get repetitive.

>like Russia
In the early stages of the great northern war, Russian troops were seen as almost useless. There were times they came to assist the poles, and they turned their jackets inside out to try and look more like polish soldiers. But they were found out and crashed almost immediately

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fraustadt

I meant post modernization, like said.

Well the Caroleans were pretty bad ass, they were literally always outnumbered, sometimes more than two to one.

>even if their music does get repetitive.
Yeah, they all kinda melt into one thing after a while.

Actually, most of the time they were outnumbered 1 to 3.

We didn't just wear red, wore green and other shit too.

like dis

The royal horse guard still wear red.