No Young Pope thread

>no Young Pope thread
disgusting

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/tv/news/paolo-sorrentino-creating-young-pope-follow-up-the-new-pope-1202428381/
youtube.com/watch?v=LmbyWGCwX90
youtube.com/watch?v=cKUKWTkf5vs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is the fact that TYP doesn't constantly have threads on Sup Forums the clearest indicator as to how pleb this board is? Besides all the capeshitposting, obviously

Elitism has been dead for quite some time here.

Sorrentino is a hack and everything he does is pretentious shit

got renewed for a second season

>pretentious eurogarbage thread

no thanks

This, holy shit, popefags are delusional if they think they're patrician when they're in fact the most plebeian of them all. At least GOTfags or Whofags know they have shit taste. How about you watch some Fellini instead, kids?

There are already like 60 threads for capeshit, game of thrones and waifus and you come to shitpost here?

Not much to say anymore. I watched it months ago and loved it.

The hate for Sorrentino signals either a turbopleb or a tryhard who shits on him to prove his """superior""" taste.

Was as prophetic as Lenny

you ok, buddy?

There have been many many threads and I think the people who wanted to watch it have seen it.

>first scene: dream within a dream cliché, with edgy monologue and tacky cinematography more on par with Guy Ritchie than Fellini
>second scene: product placement for Cherry Coke Zero TM on par with the Vita shit from House of Cards, the edgy pope being abusive to his staff because asshole protagonists are trendy
>third scene: cartoon-tier machiavellian cardinals talking about how they must manipulate the new pope as their puppet
>fourth scene: edgy suicide attempt
Who the fuck likes this garbage? Sorrentino is such a hack, wants to be Fellini so bad but he's utterly devoid of any poetry, imagination or spirituality. It's typical cynical backstabbing & pointless shock-value soap opera, on the same-tier as HoC for the netflix generation (ie repackaged trendy trash for low cinematic IQ manchildren)

More like you're a newfaggot that missed all the threads.

Maybe you should have watched more than the first four scenes of the first episode, retard.

Anyone seen a release date for the second season ?

2019. That's all we know. He'll probably do a movie first.

>Lenny Belardo, the tormented American pontiff played by Jude Law in Paolo Sorrentino’s “The Young Pope,” is pope no more.
>HBO and Sky have teamed up on “The New Pope,” a new limited series to be directed by Sorrentino that will not be a second season of “The Young Pope.” The show will be “set in the world of the modern papacy,”
>variety.com/2017/tv/news/paolo-sorrentino-creating-young-pope-follow-up-the-new-pope-1202428381/

F

Now that the dust has settled we can all agree it would be better off without S2. The story is too perfect to fuck up in a sequel, especially if they start chasing the american dumdum audience. Let it be what it is, a perfect kino floating away unnoticed in an ocean of shit

There's going to be a second season? I think the first was perfect as its own story.

>white man's religion

Well that explains "The End" in the last episode.

Oh boy, the Vatican got to him. Now the good goy Sorrentino will make a propaganda flick to repent for his sins.

Absolutely disgusting

This is the most conflicted I have felt about something in a long while,

>The story is too perfect
The story is the worst part of the show

No, because I'm italian and have to see him praised 24/7 even though all he does is cater to radical chic commies

>shows ends on a cliffhanger
>thousand of unresolved plot points
>second season never

woah, at least Twin Peaks got a new season

What's his endgame?

Forgot pic

I'm not Italian but almost, and Sorrentino is great

Maybe you are a Northern poofter who just hates Napolitanian people

Holy fuck. Kill me. "All-new cast."
There won't be a resolution. He's turning it into an anthology.
What is Paolo Sorrentino thinking?

Since they are retaining characters I guess Lenny is fucking dead.

The best shows currently airing (Fargo and True Detective) also have that policy of changing the cast every seasons, I see nothing wrong about it

I'm Southern but you're correct in thinking I hate Napolitanian people, they are not even humans

>ends on a cliffhanger
MC dying is not a cliffhanger
>thousand of unresolved plot points
Like what? It's open to interpretation, it was meant to be. You could think he's a saint and you could think he's machiavellian villain. That's the point.

>What is Paolo Sorrentino thinking?
The show was meant to be 1 season only, they extended it after it got popular. Maybe JLaw didn't sign up for season 2.

Funnily enough there were a lot of good threads about it when it first aired in Europe. Then when it finally aired on american TV, the shitposting began.

The young cuck

>True Detective
>nothing wrong with s2

good goy

there should have been an entire episode with him meeting god

It's even better than season 1

>How dare he do what Jesus did!

Why do Sup Forumsacks (as a whole) insist on worshipping someone their views are pretty much diametrically opposed to?

JLaw is back to making big movies like the new King Arthur, I doubt he has time for more tv shows

woah it's like people shape and use religion to suit their needs

Jesus never did things for non christian people

>Non Christian
Is this bait? Even if you were to make the claim that every single one of the multitudes of Jews and Roman soldiers he performed miracles for converted, that doesn't negate parables like the good Samaritan where he explicitly praises someone for helping a foreigner.

I'M FUCKING READY

I would have thought it was the endless capeshit/blockbuster/waifu shit and forced memes was all the proof that you needed

Sup Forums in its current state has no redeeming factors

Good shows do get threads.

Sup Forums doesn't actually buy into anything in the Bible that doesn't expressly confirm with their own beliefs. Of course this means all the stuff about loving your neighbor and Jesus being a shitskin Jew are glossed over in favor for levitical law saying fags should die.

Ironically Sup Forums would much rather worship Old Testament God if he didn't explicitly say the Jews were his people.

REEEEEEEEE

AUTISTIC SCREECHING

better they make another remake of a dead show right?

ALL ALONE IN THE DANGER ZONE

Dude, Catholic media are all over this series. It's a perfect bait and switch desu, you go in expecting Borgias or House of Cards, and get Catholic propaganda instead.

>inb4 some american calls Lenny a radical conservative

t. didnt watch more than one episode
The Young Pope is one of the greatest bait and switch television shows of all time, suckering in plebs that think it's going to be some House of Cards: The Vatican Edition, then he gives us one of the greatest, most emotionally genuine character arcs of television history.

Lol this is what Sup Forums actually believes

>The Young Pope is one of the greatest bait and switch television shows of all time, suckering in plebs that think it's going to be some House of Cards:
i-it's shit on purpose!
lmao nice defense popetards

NO. NOOOO. WHAT THE FUCK?

Damn shame.
>tfw the new show will be "Lennys dream" from the first episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=LmbyWGCwX90

youtube.com/watch?v=cKUKWTkf5vs

>big movies
More like big flops.