Despite them being corrupted by Vanko...

Despite them being corrupted by Vanko, Hammer Drones were a legitimately good idea and I'm surprised the US government didn't invest in them.

>Immune to IED's, or at least will definitively reduce casualties
>Many if most of the abilities of an actual Iron Man suit, of which even the most rudimentary was able to singlehandedly defeat a base full of terrorists and militia who are our primary enemies
>Generally being the perfect anti-guerilla weapon, able to fly and deliver firepower and ordnance while being bullet proof
>Probably could be made to do whatever a man, a truck, or a tank could do (Tow heavy objects, ferry the wounded, anti-vehicle/anti-air capability)
>Could be produced en masse unlike the Iron Man variants

why would the military invest on this when they already have drones?

Eh its the same old story, can't let the easily mass-produced tech in a superhero setting spread.

There are places drones can't get to without risking casualties. And even then there are some spots they couldn't reach with explosives.

Especially after Tony stopped giving them cave seeking missiles.

Hammer tech is shit. Without Vanko or Tony's involvement there's no way they can make and maintain these units.

That's something that always bugged me too.

On that note Allies/Shield were already working on Hydra based technology via the Tesseract.

What about the Soviets when they captured Hydra tech on the eastern front, I doubt they would just hand them over to the allies so easily. For that matter, if the Captain was fighting off Hydra in the west what was stopping Hydra from steamrolling Moscow with invincible tanks that need no gas and have unlimited energy?

Also why was the Red Skull going to bomb America when the obvious first target is Moscow.

true but that's a HELL of a despite
the thing about soldiers is, since the beginning of time, we've focused on loyalty. that's why the word treason exists, because a country CANNOT exist unless everyone works together under threat of immediate execution. it's hard to train people to kill other people, but once you do, you're good. they're on your side. they're not going to that other side they've been killing all this time

a machine just needs new orders and it flips immediately. even drones are run by people, and always will be.
so basically if people used telepresence for these things, and real people operated them, then yeah they'd be great. but they could still get hacked way too easily.
although really in real life all of our enemies are third world countries now, and probably always will be unless china gets off their ass, so hacking's not a huge threat.

Hydra Super Science can't defeat the power of Russian Winter

So many complain about all those deaths during the Chitarri and Ultron invasions. Wouldn't it be great instead of sending in our soldiers to die, we could send in expendable robutts?

The MCU makes no sense.

Also reminder that IRON MAN 2 has better CGI than Civil War

>Also reminder that IRON MAN 2 has better CGI than Civil War
Young Tony would like a word with you.

Honestly the Chitauri were pretty shit, the only thing they had that were any use were those giant flying snakes that could carry dudes, everything else could have been taken out pretty easily by the army.

>Also why was the Red Skull going to bomb America when the obvious first target is Moscow.
Cap pissed him off.

How much do you think one of those things cost? How does it compare to fielding a squad of marines, who can bring about the same level of fire power with the advantage of imagination and judgement.

>Shield/America gets the Tesseract Cube
>Plus all the Hydra wrecks from WW2
>And Howard Fucking Stark
>They only just come up with working weapon designs in the 21st century
>Don't even apply actual working Hydra lasers to their own weaponry
>Literally spending 60 years doing diddly fuck

ARNIM ZOLA BUILT THIS IN A CAVE. WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS.

That was the thing, Zola knew they couldnt conquer the world with lasers and shit because the world would fight back.

He wanted people to give their security away, and almost had accomplished that if not for Hydra getting outed early and forcing their endgame.

Ever get the feeling Thanos just gave Loki a scouting party and called it an army just to make him happy?

All drone suits in the MCU have shown to be easily hackable, or prone to making mistakes due to AI.
Whether it be the HammerDrones, Tony's 40 suits, or the Iron Legion, it's a big area of risk.

Marines can't fly. They can travel in Helicopters yes, but they also can't dogfight other aircraft. They generally aren't bulletproof either.

As for cost, I'd wager one of these is worth at least several blown up truck fulls of soldier. Dozens if they're built to easily withstand IED blasts and RPG ambushes.

Or say, worth an entire squad of marines that weren't shot to smitherines single handedly taking down a massive guerilla base, as well as the reduced logistics of not having to cater for the food, quarters, transportation and generally being able to go on indefinite walks in desert terrain without needing life support.

How many squads of marines is Iron Man worth, and would you still rather have them instead of Iron Man?

I always got the impression that they just closed the portal before the main force could start shitting platoons en masse onto Earth and that was just the forward scouts.

They were busy making flying aircraft carriers.

That's true. The rest of the forces were witnessed by Tony and then nuked.

So just to be clear.
>The military has ZERO idea how to replicate the mark 2 War Machine suit or even get someone else to pilot it
>The Stark had to rewrite the suit operating system because it got hacked twice
So yeah I dont think the military could handle 40 complex drones when they can barely understand one suit.
Thats both plausible and terrifying. Because they barely even stopped the scouts

I thought with all the drones being destroyed and Vanko dead, the designs and knowledge on how to build them are gone. Also the fact that their first appearance was them going rouge blasting shit and almost killing a few dozen people if Iron man didn't show up.

I'm more surprised they didn't at least apply the working designs to civilian usage.

Having all our cars run without gas or powering all the United States from a single glowing box would have been quite the thing we needed to definitively beat the communists in the cold war.

Hydra wanted to hold back society so that we'd be more prone to kill eachother.

It would appear to me, that even thought they were Made by Vanco with Hammer industries backing him they are clearly based on Stark Technology. And Maybe they have some in some covert capacity stored away somewhere but if Stark saw the in use on some battle field I think it would leave them open to legal actions by Tony.

Secondly, If you look at the Iron Legion or Starks autonomous suits, Stark himself took the idea and ran with it. And that pretty much handed Ultron an army and a large amount of bodies he could transfer into. and those were a relatively small peace keeping/security force so Tony could clear cities. If he made an actual army or the US military made an army of drones with the kind of load out pictured. Ultron could have one or done much more damage.

Generally speaking you'd have to be absolutely incompetent not to have your designs saved on blueprint, and in multiple formats not just digital but paper.

Although it's entirely possible Vanko could have hacked Hammer's computers to delete all their files and blow up their documents. And as of general incompetence it's not far off from Hammer either.

You know with Zemo around, he could recruit Hammer for the Masters of Evil. Creating his own, ridiculous suit, maybe even Crimson Dynamo

>>The military has ZERO idea how to replicate the mark 2 War Machine suit or even get someone else to pilot it
That's what's confusing me too. They've had the War Machine suit for years and haven't reverse-engineered it yet? I imagine making the suit itself is child's play once you have the arc reactor's production down, which they would have to know if they wanted to keep fueling it. Remember; the suit Rhodey uses has the older Palladium-fueled arc reactor model, so they'd have to know how to keep fueling it because Palladium couldn't power the suit for long before burning out, unless Tony gave him the new element at some point.

The only thing that makes sense is Rhodey left the government to work solo and keep the secret of the reactor from them, which he confirms he hasn't.

Remember that Stane's best men couldnt figure how to condense the arc reactor tech, and in IM2 numerous countries couldnt even build a functioning suit. Tony built things decades ahead of its time, and I suppose the most technical minds cant understand the basics of arc reactor tech.

Why not just put highly trained vets in VR-rigs and let them remotely pilot the killbots?

Seems much more cost-effective and sensible compared to Tony's method.

Because Hail Hydra

>hundreds of aliens descend on a city
>less than eighty casualties
I was going to ask who takes this seriously, but no one does.

>main cannon raised above center of mass like a turret mounted cannon
>no turret and fixed in place
I want to say its sexy but it just 8nt

Why was he the best character?

I'm going to assume that thing is less tank and more artillery

Skrulls would've filled the streets with blood.