I'm confused

I'm confused.

Why is Aunt Cass white while her two nephews are Asian?

maybe she was adopted, why do you have to be such a cunt about people's families?

father asian, mother white, white mother has a sister

it's not rocket science, you know

Why does Elsa have mom hair?

She's Elsa's descendant.

Hiro and Tadashi are mixed.

Here's a question, why did the entire movie go by without any purpose for the 4 out of the 6 main characters? If you removed all the heroes besides Hiro and Baymax entirely from the movie it would have gone exactly the same.

Did they accomplish ANYTHING?

Because it was a TV pilot rather than a movie

They weren't main characters. Hiro was THE main character. That's not to say they weren't important, because he did need their help fighting Old White Man.

what was her last name? was she their dad's brother's wife? obviously not the sister of either of their parents..

They were supporting members of the cast. Like how the other four Dragon riders are the supporting cast to Hiccup and Astrid in HTTYD, or how Team's 8, 10, and Guy aren't going to get the same attention as Team 7 in Naruto.

They might get the occasional short or TV episode with them as the focus, or get the B-Plot in a movie, but they're always going to be the bridesmaids and never the bride.

Her two nephews are mixed.

>obviously not the sister of either of their parents..

How do you know this? They could have been mixed. A lot of the time Asian+white kids just look Asian.

I guess I came into the movie expecting a team movie instead of a movie about one kid.

I remember a photograph of Tadashi and Hiro's parents appears in the background at least once. Anyone got it? Neither of them looked white but it was a small image so I'm not sure.

difference to your two examples is though, they aren't in the TITLE!
How to train your dragon, pretty much describes only hiccup and toothless
Naruto, obviously about Naruto, not about any other teammembers.

Big hero SIX
Seriously, this movie should have been called "Baymax", its appropiate and sounds like a superhero movie title

Hero used Fred's resources to built rocket-baymax and the super scanner, and the rest of the team stopped Baymax from killing Callahan on the island when Hiro gave the order.

Its not a lot. You are right, they were criminally underused. But they did do a little aside from pad out fight scenes.

Her surname is also Hamada. Assuming she's not mixed race, that would imply she married Hiro and Tadashi's Uncle on their dad's side, and that Hamada men just don't last long on this earth.

Alternatively, she COULD be adopted, but it's not like any of this is ever explored.

Either way, being Cass is suffering. Her family just seems to drop around her, she never had kids of her own but is just trying her best to be a mother figure AND run her own business, and now the only one she has left in Hiro is keeping secrets from her and risking his own life on a daily basis.

Hey, the parents both look Asian.
Does this mean Aunt Cass married into the family? She married the brother of the dad/mom.

They were launching a franchise. They have one character that's the focus of the first movie, but they want kids to buy toys for all the characters. If its successful we might get stuff that has more focus on the other characters later, especially if any of them become extra popular among fans.

>the sequel will fix the movie's problems

That is suffering. Do you think Aunt Cass privately uses a vibrator while thinking of her husband? Can someone write a fan fiction about her meeting a nearby ramen chef that will return warmth to her soul?

Maybe that's their dad as a kid.

Race is a social construct.

The real question is, why is Aunt Cass Aunt May?

Maybe she's a half or step-sister?

>it's not rocket science, you know

True
But it is genetics

That's the most likely answer. Tadashi's not old enough that he childhood photos would be in black and white

I think BH6 is going to be comparable to the Tinkerbell Pixie Hollow franchise, where there's this group of fairy friends, but the main focus for most of the movies is on Tink. But as the series moved on we slowly got more and more time with the other fairies, until in the last couple movies Tink isn't the main character at all. It's a shame they shut that series down because I think they were just starting to move into doing a movie for each of the main cast.

Now, doing that that doesn't excuse BH6's problems as a movie, it's just that that's the marketing technique they seem to be going for. Of course, there is a slight difference that the Pixie Hollow franchise was launched based on Tink's popularity and the other characters were written around her, whereas Big Hero 6's idea starts with a team and pushes Hiro and Baymax to the forefront, but the series progression will likely still go similarly.

Its not about making the best movie possible. Its about making as much money as possible.

married into family
duh

I just want more of everyone else in the sequel: Gogo, Honey, Wasabi, Gogo, Aunt Cass and Gogo.
I'm sure I didn't forget anyone important and if I did the he should be completely missing from the next movie, maybe with the excuse of him dying a painful death and be replaced by his father, Stan Lee.

That's possible, but it could also be of Tadashi but his parents chose to have the picture done in black and white just for the aesthetic. People still do that today. They are also posing against a chosen backdrop for a professional photo and wearing traditional formal wear instead of every day clothes, so they were really going all out and may have gone with black in white to make the picture look even more vintage.

In fact, if the film takes place modern day or a little later, then Tadashi and Hiro's dad wouldn't be so old that he'd have had a childhood photo during the black and white era either. Something about the glasses frames, the poses, and the guys' hairstyles makes me doubt that's supposed to be a picture of Hiro's grandfather as kid, too.

>an episode of the tv series where Fred is sick and his dad has to fill in as his substitute on super hero missions

I'd watch it.

Naw, Hiro's just gonna come back from classes at college one day to see Aunt Cass laughing and eating hot wings with Tony Stark.

This. I hate those other heroes and Hiro's motivational speech. It's like their development are confined to their practice scenes and combat scenes and they have to share their screen time

I never understood why she is an aunt but not a real mother if they are going to torture her like that

The only reason I can think of is for diversity's sake: Hiro looks Asian so that white woman can't be his mom but can only be his aunt

Because Marvel tropes

Probably because if she was the mother, she'd be a distant, wreck of a woman still trying to cope with the fact both her husband, and eldest son are dead.

What is it about her that drives me wild?!
I can't pinpoint it. She is just so motherly.

White girls love Asian dick.

Source: I am Asian and I can't keep white bitches off my nuts.

Sure thing, Sessue.

Indeed

inb4 "how do lesbians make babies?"

This is only true when it's an actual handsome asian gentleman. Not an Asian dude that types "I can't keep white bitches off my nuts."

The dad is a looks like a white weeabu

you can say the same thing about the mom.
i think they are both asian though.

Why did the masked man have to start a fire, if his plan was to keep the nano machines he already had in his possession?

That uncanny valley of almost realism, while retaining the cartoony look.

I knew a white guy who was adopted into a black family. They're all pretty close.