Seriously, why? Just why?

Seriously, why? Just why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OZeqQlmOPgs?t=569
youtube.com/watch?v=6dYX-h-5HDQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Could only afford him for half the movie

CEASE AND DESIST FORWARD MOMENTUM INVULNERABLE BOY

because he didnt want his son to be forced to out himself. He wanted clark to have the choice

>Watching any superhero movies.

Because Snyder does not understand true moral conflict, so instead he blusteringly attempts to emulate it through commonly used tropes.

it was showing that human life, at least if it's a white male, is worth less than a dog's life

youtu.be/OZeqQlmOPgs?t=569

You stupid fucks are still triggered by this?

>oh invulnerable child of mine, I don't want to instill you with any sort of values or principles that will be as completely unyielding as your invulnerable body will be, I want you to choose your own!

>thank god we're being written by committee and therefore you don't actually have a choice in being protector and servant to the earth. Otherwise you'd definitely choose to be an insane god-king.

STOP RIGHT THERE INVINCIBLE SON

Yeah I'm sure a handful of farmers from the bible belt claiming they saw a miracle would've made headline news.

He just wanted the nightmares about drowning horses to end

>I gotta go back for muh dog son
>Fuck my ankle
>Nope Clark, just let it go kid, I'm done

superman is heck of fast

The US government seriously and thoroughly investigated every report of any superhuman act or miracle during the cold war.

AT WORST there will be some redneck who swore they saw an invulnerable man saving someone else from a tornado
this was just retarded, and I actually like the film

why couldn't his dad just die of a heart attack like in the 1st one?

What was worse, this or MARTHA

I'm sure Joseph was encouraging of Jesus do to do good. Did Snyder forget that when he was cramming metaphors into every frame of his movie? After all, his Jesus metaphors are the most obvious and most repeated

>"if you don't like product placement you don't like what Superman stands for

This movie didn't take place during the cold war

Not even three minutes in and they're already going "b-b-but what about the Avengers!"

>young superman stuff didn't take place during the cold war

... uh

>because he didnt want his son to be forced to out himself.

It made no goddamn sense. The old man sauntered over to his dog and would've made it back if not for his fucking ankle getting trapped.

Clark could've gotten the dog back safely at the pace of a brisk morning jog and no one would've bat an eye.

Yes, and this is why you still living with your parents and watching RedditLetterMedia

The one major, undeniable flaw in an otherwise brilliant movie.

he can literally go get him fast enough that no one will see.

y'know, the whole faster than a speeding bullet thing.

Oh right, I was thinking of the movie outside of flashbacks.

bullets aren't that fast youtube.com/watch?v=6dYX-h-5HDQ

Tell me about your favorite part of the movie and why

why didn't he just turn back time to before his dad blew away??

>Jonathan knew the full extent of his son's powers and abilities.

Clark was still a teenager who's powers hadn't even fully developed yet. But I guess it would be more realistic for the father who's been previously shown to only want a normal life for Clark to allow him to jump into a tornado, risking his own life to save his father while exposing his powers publicly making any kind of normal life impossible. And of course it's completely unbelievable for a father to want to sacrifice himself to protect his son, and for that son to learn from that and later sacrifice himself to protect others. Nope, that's just silly bad writing.

And that has become... the dog's purpose.

Because Snyder is a hack and doesn't think that a heart attack is EXTREME enough, not understanding why it's important that if Pa Kent dies, it HAS to be from a heart attack, aneurysm, or other internal malady that Clark could not possibly have stopped.

It's not flaw. Snyder brillianlty avoided it being flaw by making it as a tale that Clark told Lois on graveyard insted of direct flashback.
Death felt forced? Blame Nolan, he made same shit in Interstellar, but in Man of Steel I can and argue that Clark dramatized whole situation to make himself more guilty than he actually was.

>faster than a speeding bullet thing
which doesn't mean he can blink out of existense and no one would notice

>I'll rather let my father die than potentially expose my powers
>I'll rather potentially expose my powers than let the truck driver get away with being a jerk

>Snyder brillianlty avoided it being flaw by making it as a tale that Clark told Lois on graveyard insted of direct flashback.

We are not given any reason to think that Clark might be an unreliable narrator, however. Far from it, the flashback is filmed no differently from any of the other flashbacks in the movie, which leads me to believe that the audience is meant to think that this is how events actually played out - because they ARE how the events played out.

Besides which, it still leaves Clark looking like an asshole.

Yeah nevermind being grabbed at that speed would turn you into fucking jelly lol

He didn't want his son to be exposed, whats so hard for you retards to understand.

>you are not my real father scene just before
>father dies next scene

attach frogposter image to this post

They were out in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Papa Kent is a big guy.

>to be forced to out himself
Why was his father so adamant about others thinking Clark was gay?
Was his father so much of a homophobe he was willing to die than others thinking Clark was a gay boy?

and why didn't Clark just say, "Nah fuck that, I'm not just gonna stand here and watch my father die a pointless death. I'll deal with the consequences later, it's my dad god damn it!"

that's how any other person would've reacted

My favorite parts are when Hairline Caville looks like he's in some cheap cologne commercial. He looked out of place and it was mildly amusing. Taking photos for some fucking Nivea-for-Men catalogue of shaving products is not the same as acting in a movie.

I was more baffled by the fact a seasoned farmer would run into a hurricane to save a dog.

People who work on land don't grow that attached to animals.

STOP MY INVINCIBLE SON WHO CAN LITERALLY MOVE FASTER THAN HUMAN SIGHT

>I can and argue that Clark dramatized whole situation to make himself more guilty than he actually was.
The thing is, when you have a character like Superman, he SHOULD NOT be an unreliable narrator. It goes against truth, justice, and the American Way which is the fundamentals of his character

The dog = humanity
Pa Kent = Superman
It was to teach Clark that even lesser beings like humans deserve to be saved.

ZOD'S NECK IS NOW FORFEIT

So he let himself die with the dog?
What kind of message was that?

It's the same guy making the same thread over and over again

nah the dog survived because it wasn't as retarded

>bar scene
>Clark turns the other cheek and doesn't beat up the trucker
>instead he destroys the guys truck potentially ruining his entire livelihood

What's the message here?

>OHHH PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THE ANTS MISTER SUPERMAN WATCH YOUR STEP AND LET THAT MOSQUITO BITE YOU MISTER SUPERMAN, HE HAS THE RIGHT TO LIVE TOO

so deep

He was looking for a way to end it. If he'd just tied a rope in his barn- that alien retard would've saved him.

Super man is a more passive aggressive Jesus. Like if Jesus was born in Canada

>What's the message here?

Pretend to be weak and stab in the back.

Why are there so many people out there defending capeshit? Like if someone doesn't like it just fucking deal with it. You don't see videos like this for any other genre but for capeshit it's prolific

They want to feel like their life has a purpose.

They have to pretend their childish garbage is actually mature

I liked the implication that henry cavill was supposed to be a teenager in OP scene.

Because capeshitters have zero substance in their life, capeshit is their life.
They defend their lore to death because if their imaginary world isn't right they have nothing left.

It's so transparent and pathetic. "Geek culture" is a blight

MoS is my favorite cape movie of all time and even I think the scene is stupid.

If anything it should have been set up differently like Pa Kent was hanging from a cliff or high overpass or something where Clark would have had to do something totally outrageous like fly or something and not have to simply run over there and help him.

Wouldn't Ma Kent get resentful of Clark and Pa after that? Husband foolishly sacrafices his life leaving her alone and her son didnt try to save him

So much edge. Like a hot knife through butter.

things can be replaced

pa kent dying of cancer is pretty much the only effective way to teach clark he can't save everyone.

No it doesn't.
no.

He dies of a heart attack in the comics while Clark is too far away to help him in time.

Just do that.

>Son, it's better for a busload of children to drown to death than for ys to be slightly inconvenienced for 15 minutes

What did Pa Kent mean by this

"Not people"

uh, pa kents died like 20 times in the comics.

No it doesn't what?

uuhm there's like a billion people in the world

Didn't mean to quote But since I did, Pa Kent meant that never save anyone and only look out for yourself. In otherwords become a psychopath

I kinda' like the idea that all DCEU parents are edgelords passing how terrible life advice.

>"Dad, you're bleeding! I'll get help!"

>"No, Bruce! This city... It needs an example... A tragedy that can alert them to the corruption that is threatening to take over. And you... You need a goal... Something to compel you to fight for Gotham and its people. That's me. I'm more valuable dead than alive. So don't save me, Bruce. Avenge me."

>"If Men's World is in danger, shouldn't we help them?"

>"I've been to Men's World before, Diana. Their savagery, their lust, their ambition, their very nature prevents them from sustaining their existence. Man is an abomination. The gods' greatest mistake. It's a wounded horse that, rather than being allowed to die its natural death, it's being kept alive... Agonizing, withering, craving for rest. It was once our mission to perpretate this. But we've had enough. Enough oftheir depravity, violence and cruelty. We chose to euthanise the human race. We will let them burn themselves to the ground. Maybe the gods can create something worthier off of their ashes."

>Hal Jordan, keep this ring a secret, don't use it to save people or you'll get unnecessary attention.

>"Dad, I promise you, I'll find the man who killed mom and I will prove your innocence."

>"No, Barry. If 20 years in Iron Heights have taught me anything, it is that the true prison, the one you can't escape from, is the one inside your mind. And I've been in prison every day I spent with your mother. I've hated her in secret since before you were born, Barry. Every day I left home, I thought about running and never looking back. I only didn't do it because I couldn't do that to you. But now you're an adult. Now you can walk on your own. Barry, the truth is I've never felt more free. I didn't kill your mother, but I sure am glad she is dead. And that's why I belong here. So my advice to you is... Let it go. Run away. And never look back."

>"Why am I different from everyone else, dad?"

>"Because you're a bastard, Arthur. The bastard son of the surface and the ocean. Your mother is the queen of a place where no human is allowed to go. Her people would shed her blood for allowing a surfacer to taint her, and yours, for existing. It was easier for her to leave your behind, dismissive you as a fever dream. And me? I'm not made for society, kid. I did a lot of bad things and burned a lot of bridges to end up here. A lighthouse keeper in the end of the world. I took care of you when your mother left, but I'm not cut out to raise you. With all the stuff you can do, you don't belong here among us. And with all the stuff you can't do, you don't belong there, among them. You'd be a freak no matter where you go. You're alone, Arthur. Forever. And if you're smart, you're gonna learn from that. And it'll make you stronger."

It doesn't even matter whether or not Clark could have saved him without being noticed
The fucking dog jumped out of the car and ran to where Clark was with time to fucking spare, but Pa Kent didn't even fucking try even a brisk jog to safety

>"Dad, what have you done to me? You made me some sort of cyborg."

>"I did what I had to do, Victor. I'm a man of science. I've dedicated my whole life to building a better world. You're my creation, my legacy, and I couldn't lose you to a fatality of fate. Not when I had to technology to make you whole again. To make you better. You are the first transhuman, Victor. The perfect fusion of man and machine. You finally have a purpose rather than wasting away all the potential I passed onto you. You can change the world. You were a disappointment to me once, son. Don't disappoint me again."

>Luke, let's just go hide on some outer rim planet. Fuck saving the galaxy. Hell the empire isn't all bad, crime is down and they sent me a monthly welfare check on Tatooine for the last 18 years. I woulda starved to death otherwise.

>Uncle Ben, stay back. I'll deal with this robber!
>No Peter, let him shoot me. You have to be taught a lesson about responsibility

>"I loved your mother, Peter. Broke my damn heart giving her that tumor."

no wait

>with great power comes the realization that evil in the world should be dealt with harshly and without remorse, no matter the cost, even if the price is your very soul they must be punished. Don't be a little pussy Peter.

Another sjw classic...into financial oblivion it goes...

This.

Savage