Why can't DC just accept the fact that Captain Marvel...

Why can't DC just accept the fact that Captain Marvel, SHAZAM or whatever they are calling him these days is superior to Superman?

>Superman has no defense against magic
>Captain Marvel is basically wizard superman
It's really no contest.

Because popularity is not derived from your personal likes and dislikes.
It is derived from public notability.

bitch, Superman has lifted infinity, Shazam can't do that

>Superman has lifted infinity
You know, capeshit can be pretty fuckin retarded sometimes.

so? its retardedly awesome

Yeah, it's always been funny to me how Superman is supposed to be the de facto strongest guy out of most of the superheros, but it's like they all intentionally forget that Captain Marvel is a MAGICAL version of Superman with NO weaknesses like Kryptonite or magic itself.

My headcanon is that the only reason Captain Marvel isn't downright superior is due to the fact that he's actually a kid. Kids usually don't have that much experience in fighting or saving the day.

>superior
I didn't know superheroes were judged based on jobbing ability.

Ugh, I know, right?

I cant fucking stand all these ignorant shits putting things that arent real in fiction.

>Captain Marvel, SHAZAM or whatever they are calling him
Hard to be superior when you have such an identity crisis.

He did that WITH captain marvel.
Shazam >>>> Captain Marvel > Superman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>< Johns 's Shazam

new52 Billy and black adam were extremely nerfed by Johns.

>kids usually don't have that much experience in fighting or saving the day.

That's why the Wisdom mattered.

Also Superman isnt weak to magic, his bioaura doesnt protect him from pagic attacks, he is still as resistent to magic as Martian Manhunter or Hulk.

So CM cannot lift infinity by himself? Nice "superiority," bro.

Superman is a manifestation of an archetypal hero. He's a natural component of the multiverse. Marvel is A hero, Superman is THE hero.

Now, the Captain Marvel of Earth-S is arguably the Superman of his world, so is an extension of Superman. But New Earth's Captain Marvel is not.

Neither sups. Nice backtracking bro

Why don't you just accept that Superman is Superman and that he's always the strongest in JL

I hope the Shazam movie is a huge hit. Get as far away from Snyder as they can, appeal to little kids and wish fulfillment, have Billy win by out-smarting Black Adam rather than just beating him in to submission, have him enjoy being a hero, make him young like 11 or 12 not some 15 year old shithead.

You have to recall DC made Superman and bought out Captain Marvel who they felt was made to compete with Superman.
Selling Captain Marvel over Superman in any capacity would therefore seem self-defeating. He's their's now, but it's the idea of buying something out only to help it achieve its intended purpose that would seem an odd choice.

Superman is DC's mascot of sorts after all, Batman is more lucrative but that's another matter. It would be like Disney replacing Mickey's relevance for any of the other more recently popular stuff under their belt. Things like Lion King, Frozen and Furrytopia will get their push since it brings in the dosh but they're not taking the crown even on Mickey's lowest point. That's just how it is.

Superman doesn't have any potential limit.
He'll get stronger until the end of times.

They've always known it. That's actually part of how they wound up with him.

Set the wayback machine for 1951...
National Comics (aka DC) sued Fawcett Comics claiming that Captain Marvel was an infringement on their copyrighted character Superman.
Because, basically, Captain Marvel was outselling Superman by an uncomfortably wide margin. If you can't beat 'em, sue 'em so they have to stop competing. National won the lawsuit and Fawcett had to stop publishing the very popular Captain Marvel, so Superman slowly got his readership back. Then when Fawcett Comics went bankrupt, DC bought the rights to all of their characters in 1972 and began publishing their own stories with him, but always kept him second-fiddle to the "real" Superman.
But while Captain Marvel was out-of-service, and before Fawcett went under, the copyright on the name lapsed and Marvel Comics came out with their own Captain Marvel in 1967, ensuring that DC would never be able to publish a comic titled "Captain Marvel", which is why DC had to publish the comics with titles like "SHAZAM!" and "Power of SHAZAM!" causing everyone to think that this was his superhero name (it's the Wizard's name), and eventually just renamed the character since everyone thought that was his name anyway.

Yeah, but you say CM is better when he actually is as weak as Supes. So, thread failed.

And quips, don't forget the quips.

>Because, basically, Captain Marvel was outselling Superman by an uncomfortably wide margin
But also because they were plagiarizing Supes stories, which is a big no-no.

Didn't know that, knew that Superman started flying and got Supergirl after Cap could fly and Mary showed up.

If I remember correctly (but maybe I say bullshit), were the animators of the first cartoon that make Superman flying, because was easier to handle than the super jumps (used in the early episodes )

He's not though. He's awesome, but he's still basically just Superman lite.

Could be right, it's been ages since I read anything about the Cap vs Superman argument. The flight thing only stuck because I remember a bit about until Cap showing up Superman only leaped tall buildings in a single bound.