Harley Quin Solo Movie In Works

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/margot-robbies-harley-quinn-movie-894486

On the one hand fuck Harley Quinn already.

On the other the prospect of a stealth Birds of Prey movie makes my fan boner hard.

...It's like WB sees Marvel planning out the franchise years in advance and thinks "Hey, we can do that too!" without realizing you need to have actually made good movies to establish yourself first.

>On the one hand fuck Harley Quinn already.
I wish I could, user. I wish I could.

Kek and Marlel can't even get Black Widow off the ground.

She and the Joker are most of the reason I want to see Suicide Squad so good on them for realizing that
And she actually has a shot at catching some of Deadpool's heat

>The first two films of DCCU are already better than the bulk of MCGeneric

Of course she does. Even the article says that:
>The character has some similarities to Marvel's Deadpool in that they both break the fourth wall and have nihilistic streaks, with their stories being wacky fun.

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, I don't really like Harley Quinn as a character. On the other hand, I hope that her movie does well (and Wonder Woman's movie too) because maybe that will result in more solo movies with other more interesting female superheroes & supervillians being made.

>Deadpool
>wacky fun

I want Harley Qucks to leave.

Hey don't put those casuals with us. We all know that Deadpool and Harley have nothing in common

I feel like that they wanted to plan everything out but thought it would be to close to Marvel so they said fuck it, but it's not like majority would complain if they did Batman and WW before BvS but that might have had huge backlash if they built up to that disaster

I was watching BvS in the theatre and I realised that like three lines before me there was a 6 or 7 years old little girl getting bored as fuck while Batman and Supes were fighting. Then when Wonder Woman appeared and the music started playing she stood up and started clapping.

I want the Wonder Woman movie to be good just for her.

Pretty much exactly what's happening.

I suppose "in the works" is better than "let's start filming Justice League a week after BvS releases because everyone is going to love it!"

Of course they are, because of deadpool hollywood thinks they have figure out the "low budget-meme infused-superhero movie" thing.

A Harley Queen movie has such meme-potential

and then the whole bus clapped

>Company Wars

End your existence, my man

It's good to know actual retarded people use this board too

So its the ASM2 spin-offs all over again?

>you need to have actually made good movies to establish yourself first

then a superhero universe would be impossible

>solo
>article states it'll be something like Birds of Prey/Gotham Sirens

people don't read the whole article, do they?

pls do a Harley/Ivy movie

This will make more money than a Batman movie

You need to have actually made financially and/or critically successful movies first. The reason the MCU is seen as a safe financial decision is it's built up enough of a reputation with the audience that they know it'll sell tickets. WB is planning spinoffs for movies that aren't even out yet when the only things that the audience has seen so far (and are using as a gauge for whether or not the rest will be worth watching) are two financially mediocre and critically disastrous movies.

Just being considered and it's already failed. I like Harley, but New 52 sucks, and Suicide Squad will be another flop for DC.

shes waiting for you user run to her

why
just stop please just stop with this

>Marvel can't even pretend to shit out a BW movie meanwhile WB just finished filming WonderWoman & WIP of a ensemble Super Heroine cast.

Nice. So much for that Space Racoon & Talking tree.

Holy shit somebody actually made this? People who take company wars seriously are fucking hilarious.

she looks so gross lmao

>32 replies
>just hate, company wars and contrarian bullshit

I hope they make it, I'll watch it. If it's shit then so what, if it's good then that's great.

I like posts like these. It feels like Sup Forums true nature

Agreed. she dosent even have an ass

Dang, Sheev got fit.

welcome to every DCEU thread

I find it odd how a forum dedicated to comics (and cartoons) finds a way to shit on everything comics related. You can't open a thread without everyone shitting on absolutely everything. God forbid you enjoy comics and come here lol.

Me and all my normie mates are super keen for Suicide Squad, we are booking out a cinema that gives you big comfy chairs and waiter service throughout. Going to get buzzed and head on it, it's going to be fucking great. I'll probably do the same for this movie if it looks interesting.

We shit on it because we're jaded, user. We shit on it because we're used to nothing but reams of shit for decade after decade and it's finally broken us.

>We shit on it because we're jaded, user. We shit on it because we're used to nothing but reams of shit for decade after decade and it's finally broken us.
You're telling me that for decades there hasn't been a comic, cartoon or film that you have enjoyed? Then why are you here?

>>highlights one type of post
>>but not the other

I smell bias

Neah bruh.

MoS is only about as good as Thor.

BvS is downright shit

YOU FUCKING NORMIE LEAVE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Whats the context of this page

Except its true

Fits your description

Im here mostly for the MCU. Also the DC shows on the CW.

And of course: cartoons. Though I wish cartoons got their own board

And you consider the MCU, DC shows and cartoons to be "reams of shit"?

>not waiting to see how Suicide Squad fares first
Did they learn nothing from BvS?

Man of Steel was average.

Batman vs Superman turned Bruce into a murderer, and Clark into a Jesus figure so cringeworthy that even the Watchoski trannies would think is too much. Complete shit tier film that makes Marc Guggenheim's writing look competent in comparison.

I honestly prefer DC for comics, but shit films are shit films. Stop defending a bad movie just because of which comic brand it's under.

To be fair, he's right. The MCU is a steaming pile of shit, and if anybody (like him) doesn't read comics they probably assume all superheroes are like the MCU

This isn't a comics and cartoons board. It's a Tumblr and MCU board.

I haven't defended anything. I just said company wars are stupid.
You haven't enjoyed a single film, comic or cartoon?

>I find it odd how a forum dedicated to comics (and cartoons) finds a way to shit on everything comics related
Because the people who frequent this board are moviefags with no knowledge of film who have never read a comic in their life. The only place you'll get actual comic discussion is in the shelf thread and various storytimes if you're lucky.

>The only place you'll get actual comic discussion is in the shelf thread
Thanks, I was unaware of this.

>Most people here are movie fags
But isn't that what Sup Forums is for?

You're blaming a legitimate issue with the DC cinematic universe on 'company wars' nonsense. Shoving everything in at once through dream sequences and email attachments instead of giving characters solo movies first is a massive reason why the MCU works and DC's doesn't.

>But isn't that what Sup Forums is for?
No, Sup Forums is for memes, little girls' feet discussion and just general shitposting about everything.

>You're blaming a legitimate issue with the DC cinematic universe on 'company wars' nonsense
It's a thread about a Harley Quinn movie and someone posted a Marvel vs DC poster. How is that not company wars?

You really don't need solo movies for everyone first and that wasn't BvS's problem. The problem with it is that Snyder is obsessed with symbolism and Watchmen-ifying everything and people are sick of it.

It's not a 'Marvel vs DC' poster, it's a 'How do do a shared universe vs How not to do a shared universe' one. If you're seeing it as a company wars thing, that's your own bias and inability to see that DC have fucked up. Again, I'm a DC fan, but their cinematic universe is a fucking joke compared to Marvel.

Except I think you do. ASM2 was a terrible movie for also forcing in too much shit at once to compete against Marvel. And whenever Wonder Woman showed up with her personal theme tune in BvS, I kept thinking that I would give more of a shit if there was a solo movie to set her up first. The Evangelion tier symbolism and Snyder's shitty directing is only one part of that shit sandwich.

>t's not a 'Marvel vs DC' poster, it's a 'How do do a shared universe vs How not to do a shared universe' one
It's titled Marvel and DC, it has DC shitting on their own face. It's slander far more than it's "how to do a shared universe".

>I would give more of a shit if there was a solo movie to set her up first.

I'm sure you felt the same way about Black Panther in Civil War.

>, I kept thinking that I would give more of a shit if there was a solo movie to set her up first
lol

I guess you hated all those characters in the Matrix, LOTR and Star Wars. Did you walk out of CW when spiderman showed up?

>I'm sure you felt the same way about Black Panther in Civil War.

It would have been nice to see a movie to establish his character and go into more detail about Wakanda, but then they couldn't have used his father's death as his motivation in Civil War because his father probably would have died in his solo movie instead.

>The only place you'll get actual comic discussion is in the shelf thread
Man, fuck those threads. They always convince me to spend money.

Well you kinda do in this case because it feels rushed as hell and it shows, and I think if WW, Bats, and Superman(already has one) who are the main three should have solo movies to establish what type of characters they are in this universe
Batman is debatable I guess because people already know the origin even thou it doesn't have to be another one and I can't think of what they would do pre-MoS but WW really needed one cause people know jack shit about her

>ASM2 was a terrible movie for also forcing in too much shit at once to compete against Marvel.
But ASM2 had the solo movie lead up which you think is so important. ASM2 was a bad movie because of executive meddling. The same reason why Spider-Man 3 was bad, the same reason why BvS was bad, the same reason why Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 were bad. It had nothing to do with how many characters there were and whether or not they all had their own movies set up first.

It feels rushed because the movie plays like a powerpoint slideshow with no flow or focus.

You could very easily have made a trinity movie that doesn't rely on solo films. Marvel is the exception to the rule, you can have team up movies without solo build up (LOTR, Matrix, Star Wars).

i know how you feel

It's not slander, it's accurate. Marvel slowly introduced their characters over several years of solo movies. Warner/DC did it within three minutes of email attachment clips. If that's not shitting on your own face, what is?

Haven't seen it yet, but been hearing mixed things about it. Plus, I don't give enough shits about Marvel comics to know who Black Panther is in the first place.

>satire poking fun of a companies current incompetence is slander now

Holy shit, my sides. I didn't even think it was possible to be this much of a corporate lapdog.

>It's not slander, it's accurate
So DC blended shit and threw it over their faces?

Except Wonder Woman was one of the few universally liked things about the movie because of the mysteriousness behind her character. It got people wanting to see more. It's all about execution. The execution with the Flash cameo was poor, it halted the flow of the movie and felt more like a scene to jerk off comic fans with DEEP LORE.

There's nothing wrong with doing a Sirens/BoP movie since this Gotham is already well established.

>Plus, I don't give enough shits about Marvel comics to know who Black Panther is in the first place.
Do you read any comics? Like, in general? Are you aware of them as a medium?

Honestly the SS movie looks to be one of the better cape movies this summer. May very well be DC's GOTG. I love how it has it's own look something that none of the Marvel movies other than GOTG have

>So DC blended shit and threw it over their faces?

Pretty much, yes. The fucking DCTV universe is in a better state right now, and that's even with Marc Guggenheim's shitty Tumblr fanfic writing and Snyder blocking them from using any good characters outside Flash lore.

Uhhh wheres Marvels female superhero film? Can they do that too

No, I just don't care for most Marvel comics whatsoever.

DC is promising so much, but they just don't seem to have a plan.

But isn't the whole build up thing what they're doing now for Justice League, like they aren't just going to go straight into it even thou it seems like they where about to in that movie and honestly I think having something lead up to BvS would have caused more people to be angry and even more disappointed so at least it's out the way now

DC doesn't have a "Marvel Studios." They're completely at the mercy of Hollywood suits.

DC is owned by Warner Bros the same way Marvel is owned by Disney. There's no real excise.

>DC

Actually the whole DC blocking CW thing was around before Snyder even got involved. They couldn't use Bruce in Smallville because Nolan and Green Arrow became the "Batman" of it's universe.
Also DCTV universe is decent at best, it's no Netflix Marvel. Their movie universe interests me more because they seem more willing to take risks with the characters ( whether it pans out or not) where Marvel plays it safe. Which is why i enjoyed MOS and BVS for all their flaws and Suicide Squad looks great.

Even then Marvel has Feige.
DC doesn't have a Feige, and the closest guy to that position is Snyder.

Most people bitch about them "copying Marvel" ( funny as they were planning a shared universe back in the 90's early 2000's that didn't pan out) but in fact they just want them to do exactly the same shit that Marvel does, where they wanted to do something different.

Wrong. DC's movies are handled by WB. Marvel's movies are handled by Marvel Studios.

Netflix Marvel is pretty shite, honestly. Daredevil is boring and Jessica Jones was the fucking worst.

DC has Gotham and iZombie, which by themselves are better than any of Marvel's TV output.

Flash and Arrow are pretty typical WB shite, i enjoyed JJ and DD far more.

>wb

wut

Are you really implying Disney has no say in what they're spending hundreds of millions of dollars on?

>Except its true

It isn't. The MCU isn't as well planned out as they want you to believe. I think that will change though with how much control the Russos are being given

I think he's implying that there's no centralized vision for DC movies, and it's just WB suits blindly pointing dollars at different projects and hoping some of them will pan out.